X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • just Jimi
    replied
    Re: Creation Science must be taken seriously!

    Originally posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
    Are you hearing voices son? Are they telling you to "do things"? How many other members of your family are affected this way?

    Do Radio waves make you "do things"?

    I'll say a prayer for you.
    don't you even try..
    you're making me scared now *shivers with fear*
    No prayers, please!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Kerplunki Zerplopski
    replied
    Re: Creation Science must be taken seriously!

    neither, i don't believe in prayer...
    what i would do is tell that person that everyone's praying for him, and that would have the same effect

    Leave a comment:


  • Ezekiel Bathfire
    replied
    Re: Creation Science must be taken seriously!

    Originally posted by Kerplunki Zerplop View Post
    This is clearly a case of Mind over Matter: In this case, the actual belief that praying will help causes the person's mind to overcome the injuries that the body has suffered, thus speeding the healing process. It's a technique that's been practised by eastern monks for several millennia now.
    So, at least you are being reasonable.

    Now, you say (without proof) "Probably mind over matter"

    I say, (and you would say, "without proof") "The Lord hears those who pray sincerely."

    I would have liked to have seen the result of 2 groups of non-English speakers given (a)Real prayers for real people given by True Christians and (b) A few sentences from a novel given by atheists. The 2 groups would be told that by saying these "prayers" there would be a chance of a third party improving and the third party would be told there were those praying for him/her.

    However, although this was not done, I can imagine that group (a) would fare better.

    To crystallize the thought experiment, if a member of your family were suffering from an incurable disease, which group would you wish to be "praying" for the relative?

    Leave a comment:


  • Kerplunki Zerplopski
    replied
    Re: Creation Science must be taken seriously!

    This is clearly a case of Mind over Matter: In this case, the actual belief that praying will help causes the person's mind to overcome the injuries that the body has suffered, thus speeding the healing proces. It's a technique that's been practiced by eastern monks for several millenia now.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ezekiel Bathfire
    replied
    Re: Creation Science must be taken seriously!

    Originally posted by Kerplunki Zerplop View Post
    really smart, choosing a site with a broken link... *cough* !d!0t *cough*
    http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/msciprayer.html
    It works on my computer - yours must be beset by demons.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kerplunki Zerplopski
    replied
    Re: Creation Science must be taken seriously!

    Originally posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
    Are you still here? I thought you’d gone off to the children’s area.

    Look, to humor you, I chose an atheist site to show you that you are an uniformed mormon and that you are wrong.
    really smart, choosing a site with a broken link... *cough* !d!0t *cough*

    Leave a comment:


  • Ezekiel Bathfire
    replied
    Re: Creation Science must be taken seriously!

    Originally posted by Kerplunki Zerplop View Post
    don't bother saying a prayer for him... it won't do you (or him) any good...
    SINCE PRAYING TO SOMETHING THAT DOES'T EXIST WON'T WORK!
    Are you still here? I thought you’d gone off to the children’s area.

    Look, to humor you, I chose an atheist site to show you that you are an uniformed moron and that you are wrong.

    The author of the site does not know why prayer works, but he shows it works. We at Landover do know why it works.

    As you are a straight forward close-minded citizen, who fails utterly to agree with anything even when positive evidence is stuffed under your nose because you are young enough to know everything – I’m not sure what effect the evidence will have.

    I can lead horses to water, but I can’t make them drink.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kerplunki Zerplopski
    replied
    Re: Creation Science must be taken seriously!

    don't bother saying a prayer for him... it won't do you (or him) any good...
    SINCE PRAYING TO SOMETHING THAT DOES'T EXIST WON'T WORK!

    Leave a comment:


  • Ezekiel Bathfire
    replied
    Re: Creation Science must be taken seriously!

    Originally posted by just Jimi View Post
    No, I think he said his name was euhm.....s.....s....wait a minute......s.....ah yeah! it ws Satan!
    Are you hearing voices son? Are they telling you to "do things"? How many other members of your family are affected this way?

    Do Radio waves make you "do things"?

    I'll say a prayer for you.

    Leave a comment:


  • just Jimi
    replied
    Re: Creation Science must be taken seriously!

    Originally posted by Dr. Santiago Solo View Post
    Of course you have a friend like that, His name is Jesus, and He loves you deeply, if you obey everything He says, and you tithe to this Godly Church (Paypal button at the end of the page ).
    No, I think he said his name was euhm.....s.....s....wait a minute......s.....ah yeah! it ws Satan!

    Leave a comment:


  • Dr. Santiago Solo
    replied
    Re: Creation Science must be taken seriously!

    Originally posted by just Jimi View Post
    What is she saying? The world proves that god exists?
    If I said that I have a friend, that you cannot see, hear, smell, feel or taste, but who truly existed. What would you say?
    Of course you have a friend like that, His name is Jesus, and He loves you deeply, if you obey everything He says, and you tithe to this Godly Church (Paypal button at the end of the page ).

    Leave a comment:


  • just Jimi
    replied
    Re: Creation Science must be taken seriously!

    What is she saying? The world proves that god exists?
    If I said that I have a friend, that you cannot see, hear, smell, feel or taste, but who truly existed. What would you say?

    Leave a comment:


  • G-Baby
    replied
    Re: Creation Science must be taken seriously!

    Originally posted by Virginia D. Templeton View Post
    "If all the evidence in the universe turns against creationism, I would be the first to admit it, but I would still be a creationist because that is what the Word of God seems to indicate." — Kurt Wise, world-renowned Creation scientist.

    Praise Jesus Christ.
    Is that poor poor guy hearing voices? Give him his syrup..

    Leave a comment:


  • Curious Agnostic
    replied
    Re: Creation Science must be taken seriously!

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Ezekiel
    replied
    Re: Creation Science must be taken seriously!

    AMEN!!


    Glory Halleluah!!!!

    Leave a comment:

Working...