X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Evil bunny
    replied
    Re: Beware telepathic communication!

    Sometimes I try to keep myself awake for many days without sleep or napping. The extreme tiredness can help to induce a trance state and it is possible to experience astral travel and leave the physical body. Of course then I sleep REALLY well!

    Leave a comment:


  • ForGodsSake
    replied
    Re: Beware telepathic communication!

    Soon, very soon you will awake in an entirely new surroundings. With golden fiery views and scenes of eternal damnation and torture. And it wont be no dream neither.

    Leave a comment:


  • Palmer C. Eldrich
    replied
    Re: Beware telepathic communication!

    Sorry for wasting your time. I think this subject is really interesting. I was reading about telekenesis when I thought about this.

    I've been studying telekenesis and astral projection for a while. I can't actually move anything with my brain, but I'm open to the idea that the brain has powers that have not yet been explored.

    I think I experience lucid dreams more often than I can actively separate myself from my body. I can't say I really have a method. I usually just expect to lucid dream in the first place, instead of forcing that mode of dreaming to override normal dreaming. The thought of failure doesn't cross my mind.

    I believe that being an artist has helped with lucid dreaming enormously. Since art is half observation, I can usually see when things aren't quite "right". when I first started to get into lucid dreaming, I made sure to try to read writing or turn on lights or try putting my hand through windows and television sets. Eventually I just recognized the feeling of a dream and I really don't need to look for those obvious signs anymore.

    I had a lucid dream this morning. I wasn't in my normal map and I was waiting for some now forgotten but inevitable peril to come about. I knew I was dreaming for quite a while but still hadn't thought of doing anything with the power until and I realized, "hey you dumbass, you don't have to let yourself be killed, why don't you just fly yourself out of here?" which is what I did seconds later. after I got out of danger I slipped back into a slightly aware dreaming state and did generally naughty things to some people I know.

    You don't think that a Christian would be able to experience something like this?

    Leave a comment:


  • JennyD
    replied
    Re: Beware telepathic communication!

    Originally posted by Palmer C. Eldrich View Post
    One of the funnest things I've done and mentioned before is painting with the dream air. I could compress the air into prisms and depending on the pressure I could get different colors. Making a light sculpture out of air is really surreal, but definitely worth the strain of concentration. I usually wake up tired if I do this.
    Reading this nonsense is making me tired!

    These dreams of yours have nothing to do with "astral projection", and even less with the topic of this thread -- telepathic communication.

    Though I suppose your musings thus far could be termed "telepathetic communication".

    Incidentally, Dreamboy, were you aware that this is a Christian Church forum?

    Leave a comment:


  • Palmer C. Eldrich
    replied
    Re: Beware telepathic communication!

    I think they are just two different types of the same phenomenon. Some people experience it when they are asleep, others experience it when they are awake, or if they are actively putting themselves in a trance state.

    I usually have a persistent landscape I explore, there is of course variation each time I dream in these environments, but the schematic layout is always the same. Sometimes I discover new places and they become incorporated for future lucid experiences. The general goal is to escape the city into the wilderness, along the way there are a lot of things that will distract me or harm me and it becomes an endurance trial to reach the forest. Sometimes I don't care about escaping though and just have fun in the bizarre listening to music or the carnival riding crazy inter-dimensional rides.

    Here's a map I drew of my experience. It was all so clear afterwards:



    One of the funnest things I've done and mentioned before is painting with the dream air. I could compress the air into prisms and depending on the pressure I could get different colors. Making a light sculpture out of air is really surreal, but definitely worth the strain of concentration. I usually wake up tired if I do this.

    Leave a comment:


  • JennyD
    replied
    Re: Beware telepathic communication!

    You said yourself that you experienced "lucid dreams", not "astral projection".

    Leave a comment:


  • Palmer C. Eldrich
    replied
    Re: Beware telepathic communication!

    Here's a site that has a lot of info about astral projection. You should check it out and see if any of it appeals to you
    http://www.astralvoyage.com/projection/index.html

    Leave a comment:


  • Palmer C. Eldrich
    replied
    Re: Beware telepathic communication!

    Well, I guess I don't have any proof or evidence of astral projection. It's just something I've experienced, so I guess I believe in it. It's not a religion or anything, it's just a type of experience.

    I suppose I could google some links for you, if you were interested.

    Leave a comment:


  • JennyD
    replied
    Re: Beware telepathic communication!

    Originally posted by Palmer C. Eldrich View Post
    I think you guys have this all wrong. Astral projection is a widely reported phenomenon, and is no way related to the devil. Devil? Are you serious? Probably a lot of people would consider their astral trip closer to a divine experience. You religious fundamentals just attack anything you don't understand. I'm sure if you learned more about astral projection you wouldn't be so against it.
    Could you show us a link to your so-called "scientific" research to confirm that astral projection is anything other than Satan's mind tricks?
    For me a lucid dream occurs before the first time I wake up, sometime between 2-4 hours in, I'll feel tired when its time to get up. But if I wake up after a normal 8 hour sleep, and go back to bed within a few minutes I'm very susceptible to lucid dreams that don't seem to fatigue me. Could be because I'm entering another REM cycle and eventually get up before getting back into deeper sleep.
    Um, what exactly has "a lucid dream" to do with the consciousness being "projected astrally" from the body? Everyone has lucid dreams now and then; we recognize that they are dreams, not "asstroll projection".

    You might actually learn something about yourself if you take some time to analyze your dreams and try to understand the symbols and stories that are presented to you.
    Again, what has any of this to do with "astral projection"?

    Also, would you care to toddle over to the General Church Fellowship/Introduction Forum and introduce yourself before continuing to tell us how horribly wrong we are about something for which you have no evidence? Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • Palmer C. Eldrich
    replied
    Re: Beware telepathic communication!

    I think you guys have this all wrong. Astral projection is a widely reported phenomenon, and is no way related to the devil. Devil? Are you serious? Probably a lot of people would consider their astral trip closer to a divine experience. You religious fundamentals just attack anything you don't understand. I'm sure if you learned more about astral projection you wouldn't be so against it.

    For me a lucid dream occurs before the first time I wake up, sometime between 2-4 hours in, I'll feel tired when its time to get up. But if I wake up after a normal 8 hour sleep, and go back to bed within a few minutes I'm very susceptible to lucid dreams that don't seem to fatigue me. Could be because I'm entering another REM cycle and eventually get up before getting back into deeper sleep.

    You might actually learn something about yourself if you take some time to analyze your dreams and try to understand the symbols and stories that are presented to you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Al E Pistle
    replied
    Re: Beware telepathic communication!

    Originally posted by Selene Callisto View Post
    It looks like one of those tinfoil hats from the movie "Signs", only that movie used them to keep aliens from "reading their minds."
    Tinfoil hats are now used to keep the government mind-control rays out of people's brains. That's why we don't allow them in our church. We have this machine that....well, it helps people tithe.

    Leave a comment:


  • Selene Callisto
    replied
    Re: Beware telepathic communication!

    Originally posted by Enigmatic Harpo Marx View Post
    This is exactly why I always wear my trusty tinfoil hat.....that way I can get my prayer time in without any interruption.

    It looks like one of those tinfoil hats from the movie "Signs", only that movie used them to keep aliens from "reading their minds."

    Leave a comment:


  • Enigmatic Harpo Marx
    replied
    Re: Beware telepathic communication!

    This is exactly why I always wear my trusty tinfoil hat.....that way I can get my prayer time in without any interruption.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Ezekiel
    replied
    Re: Beware telepathic communication!

    Dt.18:10-11
    There shall not be found among you any one ... that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.


    I'm pretty sure this verse covers it. God hates all that superstitious mumbo-jumbo. He wants us to worhip Him properly, on our knees Praying and Tithing our sinful hearts out.

    Don't try and make things up, people. God hates that.

    Leave a comment:


  • Talitha
    replied
    Re: Beware telepathic communication!

    People will be sending messages by using electricity through wires next.

    Jesus never used mumbo jumbo.
    All his miracles were real AND witnessed by many people who testified what they had seen.

    Anyone who needs proof merely has to read The Bible (KJV1611).

    Leave a comment:

Working...