X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rev. M. Rodimer
    replied
    Re: Introducing myself

    Originally posted by Eyesight View Post
    I don't follow Christian Science. I follow Christian Baptist. What makes you think I believe in CS?
    You said so. Can't you remember what you wrote an hour ago?

    Originally posted by Eyesight View Post
    Since I have been told I need too then I guess I should.

    First off my name is Eric I got to a small church called "Golden Gate Bible Church" we are a small church of about 20 or so people. (which is good)

    If you want to know a little about me then I will tell you. My Religion is Christian Science but I believe in Evolution and God.
    A little lesson for you: If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember what lies you told.

    So, since you can't keep straight what manner of church you attend, why not tell us what city it is in so we can find out for ourselves?

    Leave a comment:


  • Billy Bob Jenkins
    replied
    Re: Introducing myself

    Originally posted by Eyesight View Post
    Well you all follow the old law correct?
    Did you not read my last post?

    Matthew 5:18 (King James Version) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

    We do everything the Bible instructs us to do. We don't apply some convenient interpretation that allows us to only do what is socially acceptable by modern standards. We take the whole kit and kaboodle, unlike the hypocrites who pass for Christians nowadays.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nobrains
    replied
    Re: Introducing myself

    Well you all follow the old law correct?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ezekiel Bathfire
    replied
    Re: Introducing myself

    Originally posted by Eyesight View Post
    I don't follow Christian Science. I follow Christian Baptist.
    ??? In your area do they have non-Christian Baptists?
    What makes you think I believe in CS?
    Because you were banging on about science and you said you were Christian and, on top of that, you don't seem to have read a bible.
    And you still did not answer my other post.
    I don't know what post you're talking about, son but what ever it is, you were wrong* and I see the Gates of Hell cracking open and the devil rubbing his hands at the sight of your wizened soul.








    *going on past experience

    Leave a comment:


  • Nobrains
    replied
    Re: Introducing myself

    Originally posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
    There is a list of your so-called Christian Science beliefs HERE
    I’ll take issue with a few (my comments in maroon)
    God cannot indwell a person, S&H 336:19-20
    What does “indwell” mean?
    1. God is Mind, S&H 330:20-21; 469:13No, He looks like us.
    2. God is the Father-Mother, S&H 331:30; 332:4 No, He is solely male
    3. The Trinity is Life, Truth, and Love, S&H 331:26No, it is The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit
    4. Belief in the traditional doctrine of the Trinity is polytheism, S&H 256:9-11 Heresy and blasphemy
    5. Christ is the spiritual idea of sonship S&H 331:30-31 Wrong
    6. Jesus was not the Christ, S&H 333:3-15; 334:3 Heresy and blasphemy
    7. "Jesus Christ is not God, as Jesus himself declared..." S&H 361:12-13 Read the Bible 2nd Timothy 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.

    · John 17:5 “And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.”
    1. Jesus did not die, S&H 45:32-46:3 Father, into your hands I commit my spirit (Luke 23:46)

    The rest are equally vacuous. This is why God said that women should not preach and that if they wanted to know anything, they should ask their husband and why He said no one should add to the Bible.
    I don't follow Christian Science. I follow Christian Baptist. What makes you think I believe in CS? And you still did not answer my other post. For one CS says that they don't believe in matter I do so therefore I already don't believe in it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Billy Bob Jenkins
    replied
    Re: Introducing myself

    Originally posted by Eyesight View Post
    1. (Rom. 3:20 28) - "because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin...For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law."
    2. (Galatians 2:16) - "nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ, and no
    So what was that about the law?
    Matthew 5:18 (King James Version) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

    Matthew 4:4 Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

    James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ezekiel Bathfire
    replied
    Re: Introducing myself

    There is a list of your so-called Christian Science beliefs HERE
    I’ll take issue with a few (my comments in maroon)
    God cannot indwell a person, S&H 336:19-20
    What does “indwell” mean?
    1. God is Mind, S&H 330:20-21; 469:13No, He looks like us.
    2. God is the Father-Mother, S&H 331:30; 332:4 No, He is solely male
    3. The Trinity is Life, Truth, and Love, S&H 331:26No, it is The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit
    4. Belief in the traditional doctrine of the Trinity is polytheism, S&H 256:9-11 Heresy and blasphemy
    5. Christ is the spiritual idea of sonship S&H 331:30-31 Wrong
    6. Jesus was not the Christ, S&H 333:3-15; 334:3 Heresy and blasphemy
    7. "Jesus Christ is not God, as Jesus himself declared..." S&H 361:12-13 Read the Bible 2nd Timothy 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.

    · John 17:5 “And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.”
    1. Jesus did not die, S&H 45:32-46:3 Father, into your hands I commit my spirit (Luke 23:46)

    The rest are equally vacuous. This is why God said that women should not preach and that if they wanted to know anything, they should ask their husband and why He said no one should add to the Bible.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nobrains
    replied
    Re: Introducing myself
    1. (Rom. 3:20 28) - "because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin...For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law."
    2. (Galatians 2:16) - "nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ, and no

    So what was that about the law?

    Leave a comment:


  • Rev. M. Rodimer
    replied
    Re: Introducing myself

    Originally posted by Blind View Post
    I don't hate Jesus at all I follow the same God but I use logical thinking.

    2 Corinthians Chapter 1 Verse 3

    "GRACE and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ" quote where it says were still under the old law.
    That's a salutation, idiot.

    Do you know what a salutation is? It's a greeting.

    Matthew 5:17-18

    17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
    18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

    That's Jesus talking, not Mary Baker Eddy. I realize you may not have read much of HIS commentary because you prefer your false prophet.

    Tell me, have Heaven and Earth passed? Yes or no?

    Leave a comment:


  • Nobrains
    replied
    Re: Introducing myself

    I don't hate Jesus at all I follow the same God but I use logical thinking.

    2 Corinthians Chapter 1 Verse 3

    "GRACE and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ" quote where it says were still under the old law.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rev. M. Rodimer
    replied
    Re: Introducing myself

    Originally posted by Eyesight View Post
    Since I have been told I need too then I guess I should.

    First off my name is Eric I got to a small church called "Golden Gate Bible Church" we are a small church of about 20 or so people. (which is good)

    If you want to know a little about me then I will tell you. My Religion is Christian Science
    So you believe that Mary Baker Eddy was a prophet of God, and that her words which contradict the Bible are correct.

    Why do you hate Jesus?

    Where as one thing I do not believe in is the Old Testament.
    So then you think it's OK to murder, rape, and steal? They're all forbidden in the Old Testament.

    Brother Ezekiel has already pointed out that Jesus declared that the entire Law (Old Testament) is still in force.

    I do not believe "bastard kids will go to hell" if that were true then Adam will go to hell because TECHNICALLY he has no biological father. Right?
    Wrong.

    1. Adam was created, not born.

    2. Being a bastard means being born out of wedlock, not "having no biological father". Every human has a biological father except Adam, created from the dust of the ground, and Eve, created from Adam's rib.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ezekiel Bathfire
    replied
    Re: Introducing myself

    We do not sacrifice animals – I have no idea why you thought we did. Jesus’ temporary death was “The Final Sacrifice.”

    However, false prophets have led you astray – small wonder there are only 20 in your church…

    Luke 16:17
    And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.

    Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
    Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
    Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

    We are saved by faith: Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

    Show me where the NT says bastards are welcome.

    Leave a comment:


  • James Hutchins
    replied
    Re: Introducing myself

    Well, aren't you myopic!

    Thank you for your persecution as the Bible tells us we are blessed by it.

    Tell me friend, what is you favorite passage in the KJV and why?

    Leave a comment:


  • Nobrains
    replied
    Re: Introducing myself

    You people are SICK. I can not BELIEVE you follow the old law you people SLAUGHTER animals to pray? We are saved by Grace we do not abide by the old law that is why bastards don't go to Hell and that is why we don't sacrifice animals any more. That is just morally wrong. Sad sad sad...

    Leave a comment:


  • Levi Jones
    replied
    Re: Introducing myself

    Originally posted by Eyesight View Post
    During the Old Testament we were under the kings law. Not in the new. ;O
    So we should throw out 3/4 of the Bible and about half of the New Testament, since they are quoting from the Old Testament?

    Leave a comment:

Working...