X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • See The Light
    replied
    Re: Nice To Meet You!

    Ahh, that's true. Thank you both!

    Leave a comment:


  • Johannes Kirkeholm
    replied
    Re: Nice To Meet You!

    Originally posted by See The Light View Post
    I'm sorry, I know it is a sin to question the Word of the Lord, but isn't beating your child with a rod child abuse?
    Please, explain this more to me. I want to make sure I raise her correctly.
    Absolutely not

    God demands that you beat your children with a rod. If you don't do this the soul of the child will not be delivered from Hell. Now that's child abuse!

    Leave a comment:


  • Ezekiel Bathfire
    replied
    Re: Nice To Meet You!

    Obviously beating a son to death might be seen as excessive, although that is the final sanction. A normal corrective beating should be given with love and some sorrow, for it means that you have not been bringing the child up in the Sight of The Lord. You (as the head of the family) are equally culpable and should repent and seek forgiveness from the Lord for the Thrashing you are about to administer.

    Leave a comment:


  • See The Light
    replied
    Re: Nice To Meet You!

    Originally posted by Johannes Kirkeholm View Post
    Always remember the Godly Advice given by God via our Holy Bible:

    Proverbs 23:13-14
    Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

    If you catch your child watching filth such as pornographic TV-shows then it is time for your husband to pull out the good ol' rod and start beating!
    I'm sorry, I know it is a sin to question the Word of the Lord, but isn't beating your child with a rod child abuse?
    Please, explain this more to me. I want to make sure I raise her correctly.

    Leave a comment:


  • Johannes Kirkeholm
    replied
    Re: Nice To Meet You!

    Originally posted by See The Light View Post
    I suppose so, but I want to be sure to keep her away from certain movies, TV shows, etc. that might give her...bad ideas.

    And of course! My Husband does not like the internet that much himself, but he gave me full permission to go on it...especially on this site!
    Always remember the Godly Advice given by God via our Holy Bible:

    Proverbs 23:13-14
    Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

    If you catch your child watching filth such as pornographic TV-shows then it is time for your husband to pull out the good ol' rod and start beating!

    Leave a comment:


  • See The Light
    replied
    Re: Nice To Meet You!

    Originally posted by LordHaveMercy View Post
    All you really need to know for a daughter is how to cook and clean. Should be easy enough. Welcome anyway though, do you have your Husband's permission to be on the inter-net?
    I suppose so, but I want to be sure to keep her away from certain movies, TV shows, etc. that might give her...bad ideas.

    And of course! My Husband does not like the internet that much himself, but he gave me full permission to go on it...especially on this site!

    Leave a comment:


  • LordHaveMercy
    replied
    Re: Nice To Meet You!

    All you really need to know for a daughter is how to cook and clean. Should be easy enough. Welcome anyway though, do you have your Husband's permission to be on the inter-net?

    Leave a comment:


  • See The Light
    replied
    Re: Nice To Meet You!

    Originally posted by Melvin K. Dobbs View Post
    Welcome, And please, explain your questions. Also, please:

    Tell us what your favorite Bible verse is. (From the KJV1611 Holy Bible)
    What Church you go to.
    How did you come to the Godly forum of ours?

    Again, Welcome.

    YIC,
    Melvin K. Dobbs.
    Oh, by questions I just mean that I am raising a child right now, so I'm going to need to make sure I raise her properly! So I may ask many questions in the Parenting Forum, that's all.

    This is going to sound odd but I don't really have a favorite Bible verse. I know, I know, I should. But I keep on thinking of one, and then a better one pops up.

    I came to this forum from another website...a horrid one, I might add. Someone posted a link to this place, making fun of it. I clicked, and saw what a wonderful site it is!

    My "brother" (I do not still think of him as a brother) is gay, and was rightfully disowned by my entire family. We simply do not tolerate that kind of disobedience toward God!

    Leave a comment:


  • Ezekiel Bathfire
    replied
    Re: Nice To Meet You!

    We are always pleased to see the curious. Please feel free to ask any theological you wish.

    In the meantime, what church do you attend/ What is your favorite bible verse and how many sons do you have?

    Leave a comment:


  • Hayley
    replied
    Re: Nice To Meet You!

    Welcome to the forums! It is nice to converse with such lovely True Christians.

    YIC,
    Hayley

    Leave a comment:


  • Melvin K. Dobbs
    replied
    Re: Nice To Meet You!

    Welcome, And please, explain your questions. Also, please:

    Tell us what your favorite Bible verse is. (From the KJV1611 Holy Bible)
    What Church you go to.
    How did you come to the Godly forum of ours?

    Again, Welcome.

    YIC,
    Melvin K. Dobbs.

    Leave a comment:


  • See The Light
    started a topic Nice To Meet You!

    Nice To Meet You!

    It's great to join a place where I can be around other Christians who I know I can trust. I have many questions, and I'm sorry if I sound like I'm pestering any of you...I just want to make sure I'm doing the best I can for my Savior.
Working...