X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shouldn't Every Wedding Have a Prenup

It's popular to think of a prenuptial agreement as just for wealthy couples. Donald Trump always had them. But what about two True Christians™ who plan to marry?

True Christians™ have a dilemma. The wife is not to work. She is to stay at home and raise many children. The husband works and earns. He is the spiritual leader and head of the household.

It seems to me every couple should have a prenup agreement which says in case of a divorce the husband keeps everything. He has earned all the money. The wife can simply find another husband who kept all the money from his divorce. She is left whole.

Prenups Aren’t Just for Rich People Anymore | The New Yorker
    Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Re: Shouldn't Every Wedding Have a Prenup

Originally posted by Johny Joe Hold View Post
    The wife is not to work. She is to stay at home and raise many children. The husband works and earns. He is the spiritual leader and head of the household.
    Husbands sometimes drop dead, Acts 5:5 for instance. In that case the wife's new owner would be the Husband's brother. Would the wife in that case live in her own establishment raising the children—deemed to be her Husband's—or do they all live together? Although actually brothers and sisters the children would be deemed to be cousins. The dead man's property would descend to his putative sons, according to God that is, not according to "genetics" after all God did not sire Christians in the same way He dealt with Mary but Christians are His children.

I'm not asking on my own account but sometimes a mocker will ask me questions and although I've read The Bible (so can cite that source) what they come back with seems to stem from a place without God so they have to make up laws for themselves. It would be helpful to have the right words for responses.

Thank you.

Comment

Of course, as Bible-believing evangelicals, we don't approve of divorce, except when your wife cheats on you, lets her looks go, or turns out to be a shrew like Melania Trump. But, if divorce is inevitable, Mayor Hold's rule is a sound one: The husband raised the cash, so he should keep it. The wife raised the kids, so she should keep them. That way, everybody wins.

If your wife has a chronic disease, that is also grounds for divorce.

The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

Donald Trump is a brilliant businessman. We need to take a critical eye, however, to the prenups he signed with his ex wives. The first one, Evana, got about $15 million and was worth $120 million was she died recently. Obviously, she robbed Donald of his money and went dancing off into her life.

Then he made another mistake with his second wife, Marla. Today she is not married and worth $6 million. A better prenup would have left her broke.

The lesson for men is have a prenup but don't give away the store.
        Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

Maybe we should go a step further. Just make women getting nothing after a divorce the default law. Yes, it is wise for men to get prenups under our current system but why should men even bother getting prenups?

The Fifth Amendment says to the federal government that no one shall be "deprived of life, liberty or property without due process of law."

Is losing half your property because a wife decided to divorce you really "due process of the law"?

Maybe the Supreme Court can do something about this.
          Close minded people are just right people who don't want to spend time arguing.

Comment

I thought our best answer would be What Would Pastor Ezekiel Do? But then I realized his wedding to Daisy has STILL not happened.

I like the idea that the wife gets nothing in the event of divorce. Chances are she was an adulteress anyway and deserves no part of what her fine, upstanding man worked so tirelessly for. Are there no workhouses? Are there no prisons?
            Proverbs 21:31 KJV 1611:
            “The horse is prepared against the day of battell: but safetie is of the Lord.”

Lord, may I serve my equine brothers and sisters just as I do my fellow man.
            Amen and Amen

Comment

I've always had a prenup. It always states all my net worth goes to The Church, where it can do Gods Work(tm) and spent as the Pastor sees fit, no questions. Wives can always remarry

I have also included in every prenup a ironclad clause that provides me (or my estate if I am called to Heaven) with any future inheritance or income of any kind a current or deceased wife may be entitled to. Covering my bases to ensure crafty females do not take advantage of me.
              Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
              Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
              Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
              Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
              Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
              Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Comment

I agree, me and my hubby are PERFECT.

But if we were to divorce (which we would NEVER do as it’s a sin!) He would keep everything.
                Me being a woman, would have our 9 kids and NO money to my name. As it’s my Hubby’s, as a true Christan, we love each our and our kids. And would NEVER get a divorce.

As I’d rather be stoned to death by homosexual and them trans things than get a divorce.

#LiveLaughLove❤️

Comment

Originally posted by KarenLovesGod View Post
                  I agree, me and my hubby are PERFECT.

But if we were to divorce (which we would NEVER do as it’s a sin!) He would keep everything.
                  Me being a woman, would have our 9 kids and NO money to my name. As it’s my Hubby’s, as a true Christan, we love each our and our kids. And would NEVER get a divorce.

As I’d rather be stoned to death by homosexual and them trans things than get a divorce.

#LiveLaughLove❤️
                  Greetings Mrs Karen, I hope you are a very well educated person that would not scream to a manager. No matter the age, he is always a step above you.

Now, may I suggest you to Introduce yourself in the introduction forum?

Comment

#LiveLaughLove❤️
                    I don't wish to be unkind, but does anyone else respond to this sort of thing with ?
                    Vaccinated by the love of Jesus!!!

Comment

....#LiveLaughLove❤️
                      Originally posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey View Post
                      I don't wish to be unkind, but does anyone else respond to this sort of thing with ?
                      As I usually see it on the back of the SUV that just cut me off, it's profanity rather than nausea in my case.

Comment

I heard that Melania Trump renegotiated her prenup based on various performance metrics and looking after Barron. Ha ha, as if Donald Trump wouldn't look after his little retarded boy. #stopchildhoodbullying

Mr. Trump was clearly impressed with her progress in learning 7 or more languages, plus others duties, as I believe he renewed the contract with improved terms for her. It's a beautiful American love story.
                        If I have seen further, it is by standing on the heads of others.

Comment

Proficiency is always easy to identify from outcomes and from those outcomes the original intent. Prenuptial agreements would be desirable in some circumstances, I suppose: it's not possible to look back after all until one has actually arrived somewhere. Otherwise you might walk into a tree.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tree prenup.png
Views:	1
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	1925781

Comment

Working...
                          X