Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > General Church Fellowship
Reload this Page Does God Love Me?
General Church Fellowship A place for True Christians to join in praise, faith and fellowship.

(#1)
Old
Gushing for Jesus

Protected by JESUS Christian Love Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Cleanest Kitchen Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Persecuted Pro-Life Most Obedient Friend of Jesus True Christian Homemaker True Christian Beauty 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College True Republican Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls Quiverful Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Super Soaker Baptism Award 3rd Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts True Christian Lady Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Tomato Staker Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking The Hatchet Child Rearing Award 4th Year Bible College Paula Deen Negro Support Group TC Bravery Touched by Jesus Heart of compassion Babysitter Stamp of Approval Home Schooled Trump of GOD Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch The Lord’s Witness Wound The Lord’s Witness Wound Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Anti-sodomy Mama Grizzly Platinum Tither Best stoning bucket 2015 Witch Hunt Award Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Glory Crown of Rejoicing Saved 5 Years BFF of Jesus Gunfest '14 Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts 20,000 posts Crown of Righteousness Flat Earth Anti-abortion GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Proud TP Rebuker for Christ Anti-Biden Public Awareness Medal

Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Does God Love Me? - 01-18-2014, 04:27 AM

Does God Love Me?

During a math lesson at home, one of my children and I were talking about God's Righteousness. We talked about how when we are born we are born in sin, in a state of unrighteousness (Romans 5:12). This must be a terrible emotional burden for God, who amazingly keeps everything in the universe in a state of existence by His sheer Will. As a wife and mother, I told my dear child, I cannot but help to think it would be far more tidy to simply clean up the mess and put things in order once again, remove sin and begin afresh. But then, if a mere wife and mother running the universe and not the Perfect Triune God, then there would be no Jesus!

And so as my child left to copy the last half of the Book of Revelation for his penmanship lessons, I was left alone with dirty dishes and these prideful, guilt-wrenching thoughts that burst forth from the flesh (Matthew 26:41). I could not help but to feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude that the Lord Jesus Christ would temporarily sacrifice Himself for me, ME, to atone for my many sins I've committed in my life before I was Born Again (John 3:3). That He would scan the entire universe, past, present, and future, and find me in the middle of an entire continent that didn't interest him enough to share the Gospel before 1492, and reach out and save me, well, it was just too much to bear.

And so after finishing my housework, I read, and I prayed, and I once again renewed my offer to be but a living temple for His glory (1 Corinthians 6:19-20). And from this experience, the Lord revealed to me His Truth - He doesn't love me, Mary Etheldreda, He loves Christ who lives in, and animates me!

So that's why God loves me! In me He sees and loves His Only Begotten Son, JESUS!

When I was Born Again, I was made a new creature (2 Corinthians 5:17). I was not "reshaped," nor was I "improved." I did not "evolve from" or "transcend into" anything. Reminiscent of the first six days of creation, the LORD brought forth out of nothingness a new creature, and it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me (Galatians 2:20)! This new creature looks like Mary Etheldreda, but the LORD sees only Christ's beautiful face looking up!

Why would He do this, I wondered. And again, in His Love Letter to me (Holy Scriptures), He showed me why: For His Glory. Perhaps no text in the Bible reveals the passion of God for his own glory more clearly and bluntly as in Isaiah where God says,

For my name's sake will I defer mine anger, and for my praise will I refrain for thee, that I cut thee not off.
Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.
For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.
Isaiah 48:9-11

God created us for His glory:
I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;
Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.
Isaiah 43:6-7

God gave His Son to vindicate the glory of His righteousness:
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
Romans 3:25-26

God forgives our sins for His own sake:
I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.
Isaiah 43:25
For thy name's sake, O Lord, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great.
Psalm 25:11

This isn't for us, none of this is for our benefit. This is pure love - love of a Righteous God towards the only Righteous Thing in existence - Himself! How amazingly fortunate we are to have been called forth for this service - to be the living embodiment of Jesus Christ on earth until He Comes Again!

When my sins are blotted out (Isaiah 44:22) all that is left of me is Christ!

GLORY!

Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

(#2)
Old
True Christian™ with a quiverful

Quiverful True Christian™ Heaven Bound Friend of Jesus Hatchet Child Rearing Award Touched by Jesus Cleanest Kitchen Best stoning bucket True Christian Beauty One Year/1000 posts In Love With Zeke True Heterosexual™ TC Bravery

Mother Of Seven will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mother Of Seven will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mother Of Seven will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mother Of Seven will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mother Of Seven will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mother Of Seven will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mother Of Seven will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mother Of Seven will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mother Of Seven will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mother Of Seven will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mother Of Seven will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Does God Love Me? - 01-18-2014, 05:08 AM

What a coincidence! I had the same discussion with my children just last week! All was fine until little Matty (7) ran off to his room, sobbing and crying that "Jesus doesn't really love me at all". I went to him to comfort him and told him that because Jesus was in me and I loved him (Matty), that is was really the Jesus in me that was loving him. At that point the phone rang and I was able to extricate myself from the awkward situation. When he is older, he will understand.
(#3)
Old
True Christian™
True Christian™

True Christian™ Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture Friend of Jesus True Christian Caucasian Nuts for JESUS! One Year/1000 posts

see_the_light has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturesee_the_light has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturesee_the_light has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturesee_the_light has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturesee_the_light has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturesee_the_light has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturesee_the_light has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturesee_the_light has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturesee_the_light has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturesee_the_light has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturesee_the_light has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Does God Love Me? - 01-19-2014, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Of Seven View Post
I went to him to comfort him and told him that because Jesus was in me and I loved him (Matty), that is was really the Jesus in me that was loving him.
That's why women are not supposed to talk nor think.

Just because of your misdirected "charity" your child now has panentheistic heresies in his little head and will probably grow up to be an unitarian hell-bound cretin.

Just because mommy couldn't see the little snowflake cry.

PRAY TO JESUS!
(#4)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Brother John Doe is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Does God Love Me? - 01-22-2014, 03:24 PM

Now what type of question is this? OF course he loves you! You're white, and you are a Landover Baptist! He could do nothing but love you. Now I suggest reading some uplifting scripture from Psalms. Praise the Lord!

I will rest completely at peace when society attacks degeneracy rather than worshiping it. I will rest completely at peace when people will stop attacking the good word of salvation, the most "Holy Bible" and would rather worship its teachings. I will rest completely at peace when Jesus is the only King, Savior, Messiah, and Ruler of the United States of America, and the whole entire world under his merciful rule. Amen.