X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Scientific proof the Earth is flat!

Originally posted by Lisa H View Post
    Read the 3 Experiments thread. Your answers are in there.
    Thank you Lisa...
    I have looked at the thread before... but unfortunately it doesn't contain any answers...
    Why is it that the "wall of ice" exists in summer?
    And when and where were those picture taken?

I hope you can help me out Lisa... may 'god' be with you!

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny_ View Post
      Thank you for your fast reply...

Well, I am no atheist... I just don't know if there is a god or not...
      Sorry to make you angry...
      God knows you exist, it's no more than polite to reciprocate.
      Originally posted by Kenny_ View Post
      And what you're saying is that there isn't a South-Pole during summer?
      And you're saying that it's winter outside... i agree with that, but grood friends of mine that live in Australia are currently having Summer?

Do they all lie to me? Is the entire southern-hemisphere lying to us?

I don't wanne mock with your religion... i just want to find answers..
      i hope you can understand me :s
      Yes, your friends in Australia are all liars, because they are god-mocking heathens, just like you lie because you are a god-mocking heathen. I can assure you that it is snowing in Australia and yes, even Antarctica is a frozen wasteland this time of the year.

Look at this article from yesterday: http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/b...-1225974173962

It clearly states that summer has ended now and that it is snowing in Australia (just like it snows in other countries on the other side of the world like Europe)

You seem to be still believing the fairytales the teachers at school taught you, but as reality shows, not much of what you learned in school is true, as a matter of fact, nearly nothing matches with the Bible, so it has to be wrong, so get yourself a KJV1611 and start studying real knowledge.
      Leviticus 26:15-16
      And if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant: I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.

Comment

Please excuse me for my poor English.

Dear friends,

I was a little bit shocked when I was reading this..
        I study Medecine and I am a christian myself, but I believe that believing in God is a way of life. I believe that you always have to 'doubt' yourself and with that I mean that you constantly have to ask yourself, am I being a good son for my father? Am I being a good brother for my sister? Am I being a good friend for my friend? When you're arguing, you have to think, is this good? Am I right? When I look in the mirror, am I who I want to be? Am I the person 'God' wants me to be? Do I follow Jesus in everything I do?
        As I said, I believe it is a way of life. The Bible is the greatest book, BUT, it's a book full of metaphores, explaining how we shoult 'interact' with other people. You can't compare the bible to a science book! A science book, you have to read and understand and that's it. My dear friend Newton explains how the mass of the earth creates a force that's called gravitation and this force 'pulls' objects to the earth. The gravitation force 'pulls' the avarage person with 70 kilos, and therefor, we don't fall of the earth. And he has proven all of this, you just can't deny that..
        The bible on the other hand is as I said, a book full of metaphores. When Jesus walks on water, that's a metaphore.. It's not possible to walk on water, creating a fantastic metaphore like this and giving with it a beautiful message, that is possible. And I am greatfull an full of awe for the very intelligent people who wrote this.
        I believe it is very dangerous to read the bible literally, being fundamental is dangerous. The fundamental muslims are dangerous, but so are fundamental Christians. I think that people who believe in God but on the other hand aren't intelligent enough to understand the real message God gives us, and this is very important: I believe that they create a sort of monopoly of the truth. Christian, Muslim, Hindu, it doesn't matter. They say this is what the Quran, the bible says, this is true, there's no other truth. I believe that this is a lack of intelligence rather than a faith in something great.
        I do listen to the fundamental Muslims, the fundamental Christians, the atheists, even Jehova witnesses. I do want to hear everyones' story. There even might be a truth in every story. But I am sad when there are people who don't want to listen to one another, they are really poor. And I want to give a reply to this thread. The earth isn't flat.. And it's really sad that you give a drawing that looks like an 8 year old drew some pieces of cheese, and that you give a photoshopped photo of earth's edges, and that you seriously believe the antartic melts during summertime.. I have been on the antartic in summertime, and believe me, I didn't have to swim.. and then you say, now it's a proven fact the earth is flat. (a little remark, who do you explain lunar eclipses when the earth is flat?)
        I mean, listen to other people, question yourself, live a rich life and don't be an ignorant human being.

yours sincerely,

Matthias

Comment

Originally posted by A Follower View Post
          God knows you exist, it's no more than polite to reciprocate.

Yes, your friends in Australia are all liars, because they are god-mocking heathens, just like you lie because you are a god-mocking heathen. I can assure you that it is snowing in Australia and yes, even Antarctica is a frozen wasteland this time of the year.

Look at this article from yesterday: http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/b...-1225974173962

It clearly states that summer has ended now and that it is snowing in Australia (just like it snows in other countries on the other side of the world like Europe)

You seem to be still believing the fairytales the teachers at school taught you, but as reality shows, not much of what you learned in school is true, as a matter of fact, nearly nothing matches with the Bible, so it has to be wrong, so get yourself a KJV1611 and start studying real knowledge.

I think it is possible to have summer in Australia in December without buying into any athiestic spherical earth nonsense. The firmament that covers the earth can be rotated by GOD at an angle perpendicular to its normal rotation so that the sun, imbedded in the firmament, can go directly over Australia (summer) or not (winter). Since Australia and America are on different parts of the flat earth, if its summmer in Australia, then its winter in America

Comment

Originally posted by MatthiasB View Post
            It's not your English that's offensively poor but your argumentation.

You come barging in here trying to refute DECADES worth of careful research by highly intelligent and knowledgeable members of this community without so much as a SINGLE line of Scripture.

You have no clue about Christianity whatsoever. Try learning before preaching.

Thank you and God bless.
            I take my orders from Jesus H. Christ, supernatural born US citizen

Be wary of false Kumbaya Christians who use a highlighter and scissors to read the Bible. God wants us to read the lines, not between the lines. False Christians will go to Hell:
            Matthew 7:22
            Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
            Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Asking a Christian to prove God exists is like asking him to prove his phone rings because yours doesn't. Make that call yourself! Dial 0800-get-on-your-knees-and-pray.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD=life View Post
              It's not your English that's offensively poor but your argumentation.

You come barging in here trying to refute DECADES worth of careful research by highly intelligent and knowledgeable members of this community without so much as a SINGLE line of Scripture.

You have no clue about Christianity whatsoever. Try learning before preaching.

Thank you and God bless.
              But there are scientists, highly intelligent scientists who have proven facts that you are refuting. Whitout any argument but soms lines of Scripture. So how do you know for sure that's the only truth? Don't you thing I might have been right when I said that some faithfull people create a sort of monopoly of the truth?

Matthias

Comment

I'm sorry if I have been rude or something like that.
                I don't want to doubt the absolute truth that is the Holy Bible (but still I want to refer to the thing I said about the monopoly), I just wanted to talk to other human beings about the way they believe in God and how they think. I believe all human beings should listen to each other and be able to discuss. Thank you.

Matthias

Comment

@MatthiasB This forum is not about debating or unsaved opinions but about praising Jesus!
                  I Jesus!

Comment

Dear friends,

I was a little bit shocked when I was reading this..
                    People who are finally confronted with God are often shocked. Be glad you are still alive and have time to turn your life around. Far too many found out too late, and only knew the Truth when they were cast into the everburning furnace.

I study Medecine and I am a christian myself,
                    No, you do no study medicine and you are not a Christian. You don't know how to write either correctly. And even if you could, they are mutually exclusive, the Bible clearly explains diseases are punishments or in specific cases a way to show the world the greatness of God. Diseases are cured through prayer, not by addicting people to drugs.

but I believe that believing in God is a way of life. I believe that you always have to 'doubt' yourself and with that I mean that you constantly have to ask yourself, am I being a good son for my father? Am I being a good brother for my sister? Am I being a good friend for my friend? When you're arguing, you have to think, is this good? Am I right? When I look in the mirror, am I who I want to be? Am I the person 'God' wants me to be? Do I follow Jesus in everything I do?
                    As I said, I believe it is a way of life.
                    Yes, believing God is a way of life. Everything you do in your life has to match God's Will. There is no room for doubt when you believe, there is no reason for doubt when you believe. I do not understand how you can have any doubts when you claim to be a believer.
                    Matthew 14:31
                    And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

Mark 11:23
                    For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Romans 14:23
                    And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

James 1:6
                    But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

You cannot be a Christian. You have not read any of those lines, nor any of the dozens of other verses where God explains that faith is the direct opposite of doubt.

The Bible is the greatest book, BUT, it's a book full of metaphores,
                    The Bible is the greatest book, really the only worthwhile book. But it does not contain all that many metaphors, whenever the the text is not to be taken literally it is clearly marked so, for example when Jesus tells parables that the unbelievers cannot understand.
                    Matthew 13:10-14
                    And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
                    He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
                    For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
                    Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
                    And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
                    2 Timothy 3:16
                    All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

How can the Bible be useful for doctrine and instruction if any idiot can just change the meaning of verses and chapters by saying they are metaphors which mean the exact opposite of the literal text? Obviously that doesn't work. Even God understands that, that's why it is written:
                    2 Peter 1:20
                    Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Clear evidence that you cannot change the meaning of His Word just by saying it means what you think it means. The Bible means what it says.

explaining how we shoult 'interact' with other people. You can't compare the bible to a science book! A science book, you have to read and understand and that's it.
                    Nooooo. A science book should not be read or understood. Doing that lets demons into your head. Never mind that no science book was written by God, only fallible humans have written those books. Humans with grudges, hidden political motives and worst of all humans who have no faith in God. Nothing they have written can be trusted to be true.

My dear friend Newton explains how the mass of the earth creates a force that's called gravitation and this force 'pulls' objects to the earth. The gravitation force 'pulls' the avarage person with 70 kilos, and therefor, we don't fall of the earth. And he has proven all of this, you just can't deny that..
                    No, Newton did not prove or create gravity. Newton was proven wrong about gravity by Einstein. And Einstein in turn has been proven wrong by other scientists. Every scientist is wrong.
                    1 Timothy 6:20
                    O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

The whole gravity hoax has been proven wrong time and time again by birds, aircraft and God, but please see the dedicated topics for that.

The bible on the other hand is as I said, a book full of metaphores. When Jesus walks on water, that's a metaphore.. It's not possible to walk on water, creating a fantastic metaphore like this and giving with it a beautiful message, that is possible. And I am greatfull an full of awe for the very intelligent people who wrote this.
                    Again you are wrong. Jesus is not just another human. Jesus is God. Jesus is capable of anything and everything. Your claim of being a Christian just gets weaker and weaker, now you don't even believe in Christ anymore.

I believe it is very dangerous to read the bible literally, being fundamental is dangerous.
                    No, not following the Bible literally is dangerous.
                    James 2:10
                    For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
                    Matthew 7:14
                    Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads to life, and few there be that find it.

Think about that: not many people follow the path to Heaven, now does that match all the people who believe in little or nothing of the Bible, or the few of us who actually do what God asks of us?

The fundamental muslims are dangerous, but so are fundamental Christians.
                    You are quite right about muslims, but it's not just the fundamental muslims who are dangerous, they all are, just look at the 9/11 hijackers, they were not fundamental muslims, they had sex outside marriage, drank alcohol, used aftershave, committed murders, all things the Quran forbids.

Just like scientists, they believe every letter of their science books and science papers, which makes them dangerous fundamental scientists. The only scientists who are not dangerous are those who use their scientific papers to write metaphors of Bible chapters, like Newton did when he wrote about gravity. What Newton was trying to explain when saying that what comes from above can fall on your head and kill you. As you know God sits on His throne in the Heavens above us, so Newton was warning us about not angering God or God will smite you by raining rocks and fire upon you.

I think that people who believe in God but on the other hand aren't intelligent enough to understand the real message God gives us, and this is very important: I believe that they create a sort of monopoly of the truth. Christian, Muslim, Hindu, it doesn't matter. They say this is what the Quran, the bible says, this is true, there's no other truth. I believe that this is a lack of intelligence rather than a faith in something great.
                    I do listen to the fundamental Muslims, the fundamental Christians, the atheists, even Jehova witnesses. I do want to hear everyones' story. There even might be a truth in every story.
                    There might be a bit of truth, the problem is that the devil uses those little bits of truth to get you to believe in all the lies as well. Only by not listening to Satan, that is by surrendering to Jesus and reading the King James 1611, can you know that everything you hear is true.

But I am sad when there are people who don't want to listen to one another, they are really poor. And I want to give a reply to this thread.
                    I have listened to everyone. You haven't. You only claim to listen, but instead of thinking about what we say you immediately say everything we do and think is wrong. Where does your reflexive hatred come from? Think about that! Is that really you or is it the Devil forcing you to hate us, because he sees that you are confronted with True Christians™?!

The earth isn't flat.. And it's really sad that you give a drawing that looks like an 8 year old drew some pieces of cheese, and that you give a photoshopped photo of earth's edges, and that you seriously believe the antartic melts during summertime.. I have been on the antartic in summertime, and believe me, I didn't have to swim..
                    You are a student and you've been to Antarctica? I don't believe you. You are a student and you've been into space to see earth isn't flat? I don't believe you. You claim our photo's are altered without providing any evidence? I don't believe you.

Why should I believe you, you who are a proven liar, when I can believe God who I know tells the Truth?

and then you say, now it's a proven fact the earth is flat. (a little remark, who do you explain lunar eclipses when the earth is flat?)
                    Earth is a disc, and can easily project a circular shadow on the moon, if that is how eclipses are caused. If you look closely at the moon eclipse you notice that the phases of the eclipse are very similar to the phases of the moon during the month, it seems far more likely that the moon went through a rapid month than that the sun was on the bottom of the earth and shone at the moon.

I mean, listen to other people, question yourself, live a rich life and don't be an ignorant human being.
                    Excellent advice for yourself. Stop dismissing God and His followers. Open your mind to Him. Question yourself: why do you have an irrational hatred towards Christians? How does that make you a good person? Or perhaps you really aren't a good person?
                    Leviticus 26:15-16
                    And if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant: I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by A Follower View Post
                      People who are finally confronted with God are often shocked. Be glad you are still alive and have time to turn your life around. Far too many found out too late, and only knew the Truth when they were cast into the everburning furnace.

No, you do no study medicine and you are not a Christian. You don't know how to write either correctly. And even if you could, they are mutually exclusive, the Bible clearly explains diseases are punishments or in specific cases a way to show the world the greatness of God. Diseases are cured through prayer, not by addicting people to drugs.

Yes, believing God is a way of life. Everything you do in your life has to match God's Will. There is no room for doubt when you believe, there is no reason for doubt when you believe. I do not understand how you can have any doubts when you claim to be a believer.
                      Matthew 14:31
                      And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

Mark 11:23
                      For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Romans 14:23
                      And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

James 1:6
                      But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

You cannot be a Christian. You have not read any of those lines, nor any of the dozens of other verses where God explains that faith is the direct opposite of doubt.

The Bible is the greatest book, really the only worthwhile book. But it does not contain all that many metaphors, whenever the the text is not to be taken literally it is clearly marked so, for example when Jesus tells parables that the unbelievers cannot understand.
                      Matthew 13:10-14
                      And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
                      He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
                      For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
                      Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
                      And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
                      2 Timothy 3:16
                      All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

How can the Bible be useful for doctrine and instruction if any idiot can just change the meaning of verses and chapters by saying they are metaphors which mean the exact opposite of the literal text? Obviously that doesn't work. Even God understands that, that's why it is written:
                      2 Peter 1:20
                      Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Clear evidence that you cannot change the meaning of His Word just by saying it means what you think it means. The Bible means what it says.

Nooooo. A science book should not be read or understood. Doing that lets demons into your head. Never mind that no science book was written by God, only fallible humans have written those books. Humans with grudges, hidden political motives and worst of all humans who have no faith in God. Nothing they have written can be trusted to be true.

No, Newton did not prove or create gravity. Newton was proven wrong about gravity by Einstein. And Einstein in turn has been proven wrong by other scientists. Every scientist is wrong.
                      1 Timothy 6:20
                      O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

The whole gravity hoax has been proven wrong time and time again by birds, aircraft and God, but please see the dedicated topics for that.

Again you are wrong. Jesus is not just another human. Jesus is God. Jesus is capable of anything and everything. Your claim of being a Christian just gets weaker and weaker, now you don't even believe in Christ anymore.

No, not following the Bible literally is dangerous.
                      James 2:10
                      For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
                      Matthew 7:14
                      Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads to life, and few there be that find it.

Think about that: not many people follow the path to Heaven, now does that match all the people who believe in little or nothing of the Bible, or the few of us who actually do what God asks of us?

You are quite right about muslims, but it's not just the fundamental muslims who are dangerous, they all are, just look at the 9/11 hijackers, they were not fundamental muslims, they had sex outside marriage, drank alcohol, used aftershave, committed murders, all things the Quran forbids.

Just like scientists, they believe every letter of their science books and science papers, which makes them dangerous fundamental scientists. The only scientists who are not dangerous are those who use their scientific papers to write metaphors of Bible chapters, like Newton did when he wrote about gravity. What Newton was trying to explain when saying that what comes from above can fall on your head and kill you. As you know God sits on His throne in the Heavens above us, so Newton was warning us about not angering God or God will smite you by raining rocks and fire upon you.

There might be a bit of truth, the problem is that the devil uses those little bits of truth to get you to believe in all the lies as well. Only by not listening to Satan, that is by surrendering to Jesus and reading the King James 1611, can you know that everything you hear is true.

I have listened to everyone. You haven't. You only claim to listen, but instead of thinking about what we say you immediately say everything we do and think is wrong. Where does your reflexive hatred come from? Think about that! Is that really you or is it the Devil forcing you to hate us, because he sees that you are confronted with True Christians™?!

You are a student and you've been to Antarctica? I don't believe you. You are a student and you've been into space to see earth isn't flat? I don't believe you. You claim our photo's are altered without providing any evidence? I don't believe you.

Why should I believe you, you who are a proven liar, when I can believe God who I know tells the Truth?

Earth is a disc, and can easily project a circular shadow on the moon, if that is how eclipses are caused. If you look closely at the moon eclipse you notice that the phases of the eclipse are very similar to the phases of the moon during the month, it seems far more likely that the moon went through a rapid month than that the sun was on the bottom of the earth and shone at the moon.

Excellent advice for yourself. Stop dismissing God and His followers. Open your mind to Him. Question yourself: why do you have an irrational hatred towards Christians? How does that make you a good person? Or perhaps you really aren't a good person?
                      Well my friend,

Since I'm not an expert in the bible, I won't talk about it anymore, since I haven't been in outer space, I won't say the earth is round anymore.
                      But, since I know something about mathematics and medecine I do want to make some remarks..
                      You can say that Newton's definition about gravitation is a metaphore, and I cannot dissaprove that. But, his mathematical proofs, they aren't metaphores.. It's like counting how many eggs they are in your refrigerator, 6, that equals 3+3 or 9-3. You can't say that's a metaphore for something else.. So Newtons methematical proofs are correct and that's a fact, not a metaphore and you cannot say that it is wrong unless you're saying that mathematics is wrong and 3+3 isn't 6. And to correct you're statement, Einstein never proved Newton wrong, especially not his methematical proofs. Einstein just improved the theorie so it can be applied on the universe. And you can't say einstein is wrong.. I mean, he kind of invented the nuclear bomb and it's hard to say that no such thing exists..

And my friend, Medecine.. I don't know if I wrote it correctly but that's doesn't matter doesn't it? What matters is that God can't physically cure you.. I mean, do you study medecine? Have you studied medicine? Our body is a wonderfull thing and is it created by god? I don't know, I wasn't there at the time. Is our body the product of millions of years of evolution? I don't know, I wasn't there, altough if we see what artefacts have been found that lived millions of years, after we saw it through the microscope, after we studied it's DNA and other chemical properties, it seems very likely it is the product of millions of years ago. But how come these creachers existed? Was that God's work? Was it the Big Bang? That I really don't know since I'm not an expert on that matter and I must admit, I just believed the scientists that the Big Bang happened, but I didn't studie it myself. So now I'm opening myself for other ways of thinking and I shall study this matter soon. But that the human body is a product of evolution.. That I have studied and that is a correct fact. And, as I said, I don't believe God can cure you physically. Do you really believe God can cure cancer? It's rediculous to denie the power of Medicine and drugs. I don't denie the power that God has on your mental state, but it's not possible God can cure you physically. And maybe I'm wrong saying that since I cannot prove that, but I can prove that chemotherapie can cure cancer. I can prove that there are many cures for many deseases. Centuries ago, when people believed in God but didn't have the Medical knowhow, millions of people died by disseases we could cure now, thanks to medicine. Why did God didn't cure these people, why couldn't he do the thing I can do now? I'm not saying I'm greater than God, I'm just saying that God is in you, but figuratively. For a doctor, it is really hard to see dead people because of a simple disease and faith. One month ago there were Jehova witnesses in the hospital. Their son had a heart condition and needed to get surgery really urgent but the parents didn't want their son to recieve blood and therefor we couldn't opperate him. In my country, we have quite a good solution for that, doctors can start a quick juridical procedure and can become the legal guardian of that child for one day, so he can give permission for the operation and then the child is given back to the parents and they can't maltreat that child by law. But in this case, the doctors weren't fast enough and I find it difficult to say, the young 8 year old boy died.. That kid died because of his parents.. Is this right? We could save that kid and it would have had a great life! It could have had a wilf, child'ren becoma a grandparent and then die when he lived his live. Doctors could have give such a life to that kid, and what was given that child by these parents and their God? Death. And don't say you're a christian and that God wouldn't let you or one of your fellow followers die.. In the whole world, there's only one case of cancer that dissapeared, one case. I cannot prove that isn't God's work, but there are far more christians who died because of cancer, especially because of not wanting medical help then this one who is cured.
                      And as a student of medicine, I had to study the history of medicine. That's not science, it's just history. At first there was only faith, if you're sick you're in God hands, and a disease is a punishment. Then there were the Greeks, kind of mixed their 'discoveries' with faith. Then, about 2600 years ago, human beings started to make more and more scientifical discoveries. In the beginning they were still mixing this with faith. (even till the 18th century it faith and medicine was mixed up). But Greeks, Romans, they believed in their Gods but they also discovered the power of medicine, they already had drugs back in that time. It isn't impossible Jesus took some drugs (extracts of a plant for example) to cure his diarrhea for example. Is that impossible?
                      Nowadays, medecine is based on sciene but still has some sort of faith, Hippocrate for example. I mean, you see the progress of a world with only faith (since science didn't exist) than a world with science and faith aqually and now a world with science and a certain rational form of faith. How many people lived 2000 years ago? and now? That's thanks to medecine.

And my friend, to reply on you weird remark stating I'm lying and have never been on the antartic because I'm a student. Being a student means living with my parents. My parents aren't students and have worked a lot and like to travell and I like to go with them. I travalled all over Europe (I live in Europe) and when I was 16 I went to Africa, when I was 17 I went to the antartic (No I didn't have to swim in summertime) and when I was 18 I went to the United States (east coast) wich was really amazing..

Matthias

Comment

... blah blah blah ... What matters is that God can't physically cure you. ... ramble ramble ramble ....
                        Nonsense. There are no limits to what God can do. We are talking God here, not the Easter Bunny.

Luke 18:27 "And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God."
                        5 Reasons why GOD HATES WOMEN!
                        To most "Christians" The Bible is like a license agreement. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree". All those "Christians" will burn in Hell!
                        James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

Comment

Originally posted by Cranky Old Man View Post
                          Nonsense. There are no limits to what God can do. We are talking God here, not the Easter Bunny.

Luke 18:27 "And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God."
                          To ignorant and narrow minded to think about my other remarks? And try to read everything, did I ever say that curing sick people is impossible with men? I said that it is impossible with God to cure physical diseases. And, the things wich are impossible with men. What is impossible with men? We can cure almost everything.. We can do almost everything..
                          We could have saved that boy.. How many people have been spontaneously cured of a disease?

Matthias

Comment

You can say that Newton's definition about gravitation is a metaphore, and I cannot dissaprove that. But, his mathematical proofs, they aren't metaphores..
                            So why doesn't it supposedly work at the quantum level?

It's like counting how many eggs they are in your refrigerator, 6, that equals 3+3 or 9-3.
                            I wasn't aware of the fact that Newton learned the world to count eggs.

But anyway: (1 x Jesus Christ) + (1 x God) + (1 x The Holy Ghost) = 1 God.

That's all the mathematics you'll ever need.
                            Psalm 81:10:
                            I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt:
                            open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.

Comment

To ignorant and narrow minded to think about my other remarks? And try to read everything, did I ever say that curing sick people is impossible with men? I said that it is impossible with God to cure physical diseases. And, the things wich are impossible with men. What is impossible with men? We can cure almost everything.. We can do almost everything..
                              We could have saved that boy.. How many people have been spontaneously cured of a disease?

Matthias
                              God cured me of several STD's when I converted from atheism to True Christianity(tm). Medicine didn't work. Repenteng my sins did.

'How many have been spontaneously cured of a disease?'

Only True Christians(tm) are cured of disease spontaneously. And there aren't all that many of us in this day and age.
                              To the atheists:

To the false christians:

Feel like pissing off God? Perhaps this will change your mind:

Hosea 13:16
                              Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

Comment

Originally posted by Johannes Kirkeholm View Post
                                God cured me of several STD's when I converted from atheism to True Christianity™. Medicine didn't work. Repenteng my sins did.

'How many have been spontaneously cured of a disease?'

Only True Christians™ are cured of disease spontaneously. And there aren't all that many of us in this day and age.
                                I'm not an STD expert yet but, you have clinical evidence that you had an STD and then you have clinical evidence that you don't have it any more? Because that is truly remarkable and that's actually a miracle.
                                And however it isn't impossible to cure spontaneously from several STD's it is impossible to 'spontaneously' cure from HIV. So I don't think you were HIV positive.. And if you were and God cured you, I would call CNN because that would be truly world shocking news. And even if it wasn't HIV, if you have clinical evidence you have been spontaneously cured, it would really shock the world and probably convince many atheists to become a true Christian like you did, so why don't you make this public?

Matthias

Comment

Working...
                                X