X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say

Miscegenation is okay because "there is neither Jew nor Greek."

I'm a little surprised that feel-good liberal "Christians" think they can get away with that, since it's such a blatant form of cherry-picking. Let's read the verse in its entirety, highlighting a part that they love to leave out:

Gal. 3:28: There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Thus, insofar as that verse were to authorize miscegenation, it would also authorize "marriage" between two sodomites or two sodomitesses , but when I point that out, they pretend not to have heard me.
    This church is dedicated to preaching True Christianity™ and the King James Bible exactly as they are, with no alterations to make them more politically correct for modern liberals. If you think that we've misquoted or twisted Scripture or quoted any verse out of context, please explain in detail how we've done so. Otherwise, if what you read on this site offends you, then you're offended by Almighty God and His Word, not by us.

Questions to ask liberal "Christians"Things that the Bible doesn't sayTolerance

sigpic

Comment

We are all God's children.

If that were true, why would Jesus give the saved (and only the saved) the power to become God's children?

John 1:12-13: But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Others are the devil's children:

John 8:44: Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
      This church is dedicated to preaching True Christianity™ and the King James Bible exactly as they are, with no alterations to make them more politically correct for modern liberals. If you think that we've misquoted or twisted Scripture or quoted any verse out of context, please explain in detail how we've done so. Otherwise, if what you read on this site offends you, then you're offended by Almighty God and His Word, not by us.

sigpic

Comment

Being a good person (whatever that means) is enough for salvation.

That's not what Jesus said:

John 3:18: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

If you don't believe, you're condemned, regardless of how good a person you are.

Also, if you could get to Heaven just by being a good person, God's temporary sacrifice of Himself to Himself would have been in vain:

Gal. 2:21: I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness [come] by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

sigpic

Comment

Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven.

Actually, True Christians™ are both, whereas false Christians are neither.

Deut. 18:13: Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.

Matt. 5:48: Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

(You surely don't think that the Almighty is "not perfect, just forgiven.")

1 John 3:6: Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

(That is, false Christians who sin have not seen or known God.)

1 John 5:18: We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

sigpic

Comment

Money is the root of all evil.

That blatant misquotation of Scripture shows how brazen those liberal false Christians can be in rewriting God's Word to suit themselves. The passage actually says:

1 Tim. 6:10-11: For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

In fact, in the same chapter, we read the following, which would make no sense if money were the root of all evil:

1 Tim. 6:17-19: Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

sigpic

Comment

The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away.

Almost, but not quite. Here's what Job said in a specific situation:

Job 1:21: And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

Verbs have imperfect and perfect tenses for a reason.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Isaac Peters View Post
                Verbs have imperfect and perfect tenses for a reason.
                Yes, and there is nothing imperfect about the KJV1611 Bible.
                The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

Pastor Peters, I do not wish to fawn , but I rather like how you have styled yourself "Biblically Correct". For years I had described myself as "ecologically correct" or "EC" as I put it. Now reading this clear and instructive thread, I would like to ask, is it true that the Bible does NOT tell us to recycle? Of course, I include many other activities besides that.

Permit me to elaborate. Many liberals and liberal "Christians" will cite Bible chapter and verse from Genesis stating that we, the human race, have been given dominion over the earth. This is certainly better than any Native American idea that we are "brothers" with animals an elements of nature such as wind, rain, etc.

Now, some take the position that since we are stewards of the earth we should take care of it and recycle, etc. On the surface that doesn't sound evil at all. But if we know that the purpose of this earth is finite and that God expects us to make the most use of it while we have it, and yet to not count of its provisions forever, but rather His own, why should be recycle, etc?

Oh, sure a little local recycling here and there doesn't seem too troublesome, the real problem is the motivation behind the choice of one's actions and the long term agenda. That's where people start debating, and many use the Bible for speaking points in this debate.

Could you advise, what doesn't the Bible say on this issue -- or what it does? Either way; I'm ready to learn.

Inquistively Yours,

Handmaiden
                  His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

Guns For God and the Economy

Comment

Originally posted by handmaiden View Post
                    Could you advise, what doesn't the Bible say on this issue -- or what it does?
                    The Bible has the following to say on this issue: John 6:12 "When they were filled, he said unto his disciples, Gather up the fragments that remain, that nothing be lost." So God clearly wants our wives to keep our houses clean!
                    5 Reasons why GOD HATES WOMEN!
                    To most "Christians" The Bible is like a license agreement. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree". All those "Christians" will burn in Hell!
                    James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

Comment

God isn't jealous. First of all, One of God's names is Jealous.

Exodus 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

Exodus 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
                      Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by handmaiden View Post
                        Oh, sure a little local recycling here and there doesn't seem too troublesome, the real problem is the motivation behind the choice of one's actions and the long term agenda. That's where people start debating, and many use the Bible for speaking points in this debate.

Could you advise, what doesn't the Bible say on this issue -- or what it does? Either way; I'm ready to learn.
                        Hi, and thank you for your question. We have a thread on recycling here.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Jingles View Post
                          I'd like to add one more to this:

5. It's o.k. for men to have long hair, since Jesus did.

Absolutely NOT! Those portraits of Jesus looking like a rock star were concocted in the 60's by a bunch of atheist liberals. All True Christian men are to look like Marines; anything less is downright homer.

4th centuary, he's been depicted with long hair since around the 4th centuary, get your facts straight first

Comment

Originally posted by DumbassCopter View Post
                            4th centuary, he's been depicted with long hair since around the 4th centuary, get your facts straight first
                            Dear friend:

This thread is about the Bible. Where in the Bible does it say that Jesus had long hair? As I've already said, portraits of Jesus made since the Bible was written are not God's Word.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Isaac Peters View Post
                              Dear friend:

This thread is about the Bible. Where in the Bible does it say that Jesus had long hair? As I've already said, portraits of Jesus made since the Bible was written are not God's Word.
                              Where in the bible does it say he doesnt? I was just telling the guy who said they only started drawing him in the 60's like that, was wrong because theyve been doing it since at least 400AD

Comment

Originally posted by Kaneaintable View Post
                                Where in the bible does it say he doesnt? I was just telling the guy who said they only started drawing him in the 60's like that, was wrong because theyve been doing it since at least 400AD
                                As Landover Baptist Church's assistant Youth Pastor, I think you should read our syllabus for new posters as written by Pastor Billy-Reuben. It really explains all you need to know as far as our beliefs. It also outlines what is expected as far as your behavior on these forums.

Here are your rights as articulated by Dr. Enobarbus.

New members are requested to make an introduction for themselves.

We always encourage everyone to back up all claims with scripture from the Holy Bible.

Chances are the question you want to have answered has been asked before. I would be sure to use the search function before diving head first into people who are tired of hearing the same question over and over.
                                Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X