X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is smoking marijuana a sin?

It is no shame to admit error, and I am sure God will forgive you if you do so.

Ezekiel 37 applies:

1 The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,

2 And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.

3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest.

4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.

5 Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:

6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

7 So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.

8 And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.

9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.

10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.

11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.

By exhaling on the Jooos, the Lord resurrected them. Not True Christians (tm). The Jooos. Isn't that evil enough for you?

Comment

Originally posted by David Ben Ahzea View Post
      I urge you to do so immediately. It would be a shame if Jesus decided to kill you while you were still an apostate.

By exhaling on the Jooos, the Lord resurrected them. Not True Christians ™. The Jooos. Isn't that evil enough for you?
      How does this translate into "marijuana is Blessed by God?" And why are you so obsessed with narcotics?
      Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

@David Ben Ahzea Why can you not admit that you are wrong? Don't you know Jesus wants you to be honest instead of overly proud? #Proverbs 6:16-19
        I Jesus!

Comment

It is really funny, when you say:

And then follow this up with:

Ezekiel 37 applies:

1 The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,

2 And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.

3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest.

4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.

5 Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:

6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

7 So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.

8 And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.

9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.

10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.

11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.

By exhaling on the Jooos, the Lord resurrected them. Not True Christians ™. The Jooos. Isn't that evil enough for you?
          You quote a Scripture Verse which speaks about God breathing on the joos, to resurrect them. Well, first of all:

It is God who exhales here. God is without sin:

1 Peter 2:21-22:

For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth

Which already proves that exhaling is no sin (and in case you claim: "it's God, not Jesus in this Passage, John 20:22 speaks about Jesus).

So because joos are resurrected, you claim it is something evil happening? Not only is this a guilt by association fallacy, but it also testaments your gross ignorance about the Bible: for the joos are the people of the Covenant, and will always remain so:

Jeremiah 31:35-36:
          Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:
          If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.

Even if the joos were so evil as you seem to imply(an antisemitic idea which I detest), then still God would be the exhaler, and exhaling and resurrecting evil people doesn't make this act evil. That is very logical. Why are you stupid?

Even if the joos were evil, I'm not the one joining the forums here with a jewish name. Hypocrite.

As you haven't even attempted to address my points, it becomes very hypocritical to accuse me of not admitting my errors, while I have pointed out numerous huge errors in your unbiblical ramblings.

Point out where I am wrong, quote Scripture that really does support your position (the Scripture you've quoted so far didn't even came close to the subject) or shut up.
          Sweet Lord Jesus,
          I want to pray for those who persecute me, my Lord.
          Please, treat their children as you treated those of Egypt, when they upset you! (Psalm 135:8-9)
          Dash their little children against the stones for their fathers iniquity! (Psalm 137:8-9)
          Hit them on the cheek, and smash out their teeth! (Psalm 3:7)
          Make their death and descent into Hell swift and terrible! (Psalm 55:15)
          Scatter their broken bodies over the streets of their evil cities, like Benghazi, Amsterdam, Tokyo and Mecca! (Psalm 110:6)
          Praised be Your Glorious Name™.

Amen.

Comment

Are people STILL arguing whether smoking marijuana is a sin???
            May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobar King View Post
              Are people STILL arguing whether smoking marijuana is a sin???
              Well, currently it is about whether or not exhaling is a sin, Brother. I know it is stupid, but this person believes this nonsense, and apparently thinks he is a Christian, so I try to enlighten him about the incorrectness of that assumption.
              Sweet Lord Jesus,
              I want to pray for those who persecute me, my Lord.
              Please, treat their children as you treated those of Egypt, when they upset you! (Psalm 135:8-9)
              Dash their little children against the stones for their fathers iniquity! (Psalm 137:8-9)
              Hit them on the cheek, and smash out their teeth! (Psalm 3:7)
              Make their death and descent into Hell swift and terrible! (Psalm 55:15)
              Scatter their broken bodies over the streets of their evil cities, like Benghazi, Amsterdam, Tokyo and Mecca! (Psalm 110:6)
              Praised be Your Glorious Name™.

Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by True Disciple View Post
                Well, currently it is about whether or not exhaling is a sin, Brother. I know it is stupid, but this person believes this nonsense, and apparently thinks he is a Christian, so I try to enlighten him about the incorrectness of that assumption.
                I really thought the exhaling thing was a joke. I've seen the sign in places that says "we don't mind if you smoke, just don't exhale".

I didn't realize the idiot was serious.
                Drama queen

Comment

According to Whackopedia, stupid means lack of intelligent, understanding, reasons, wit and sense.

Whoever believes in nonsense are... stupid..
                  Creation Science Evangelism |Prison Planet |Jesus is Savior |Creation Wiki |Bible Gateway |Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post

How does this translate into "marijuana is Blessed by God?" And why are you so obsessed with narcotics?
                    I only aver, with Scriptural authority (see earlier post, I have left my concordance on the giraffe), that there is no evil in inhaling marijuana provided only that you do not exhale. The less you exhale, the stronger the hit, man. This is surely a sign of Divine favour.

Sorry. Favor.

Comment

I only aver, with Scriptural authority (see earlier post, I have left my concordance on the giraffe), that there is no evil in inhaling marijuana provided only that you do not exhale. The less you exhale, the stronger the hit, man. This is surely a sign of Divine favour.
                      I see your point, however, our doctrine is hard as stone against the evils of the devil's weed. It is backed up with carefully researched scripture.

1 Corinthians 10:31
                      Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

1 Thessalonians 5:4-8
                      But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
                      Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
                      For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
                      But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

1 Peter 4:7
                      But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

Titus 2:12
                      Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

You're kicking against the pricks, friend.
                      Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Levi Jones View Post
                        I see your point, however, our doctrine is hard as stone against the evils of the devil's weed. It is backed up with carefully researched scripture.

1 Corinthians 10:31
                        Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

1 Thessalonians 5:4-8
                        But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
                        Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
                        For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
                        But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

1 Peter 4:7
                        But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

Titus 2:12
                        Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

You're kicking against the pricks, friend.
                        It is good to see young people so staunch in the True Belief (tm) and with such a firm grasp on righteousness.

Nevertheless:

Everything I do is to the glory of God. Do you doubt the value of chemically induced insight? Marijuana is an entheogenic.

Your Thessalonians passage clearly indicates that sleeping at night is disparaged, correctly. I sleep only after sunrise. Like all members of the Church, I abstain completely from drink. This passage is not addressed to me.

And even if it were, "Sober" had a completely different meaning in the time of King James the Sixth (and First of the ungodly perverted English). It implied dignified behaviour, and its use as the antithesis of "bladdered" postdates the KJV.

Comment

Looky here. The happy fun stuff time ended when that ignorant woman Eve listened to the snaky devil and ate the big one from the Tree of Knowledge.

Since then we are only here to:

1. Worship God
                          2. Work
                          3. Eat
                          4. Defecate
                          5. Procreate (Only for producing God worshiping sons)
                          6. Sleep

God doesn't want any potato chip oil stains, Dorito crumbs or any other munchy debris polluting His Holy Bibles.

You can bet that if anything gives you any physical pleasure ...It's a sin.
                          That wacky tobaccy is a temptation of the devil to distract your attention from Jesus.

Yea Verily , Hallelujah Amen!
                          Nahum 1:2

God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.

If God is Love ... Who created Hell??!!

Comment

Correct, Brother. I am not trying to suggest that marijuana be used for pleasure. But if pleasure results, that is surely God's will:

He hath made everything beautiful in his time" (Eccl. 3:11)

It's just a question of timing.

Timothy 4.1 -Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. 4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

Note: "meats" must be understood in the sense current in the time of King James I (and VI of the nearly unsaveable English); that is, "things to eat", rather than what we today call meat, ie animal flesh. Which was then "flesh"
                            Similarly "God's creatures" meant all things created by God (in other words everything), and not just animals.

So, someone here is certainly

4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron.
                            ...but it is not for a humble minister of the Lord such as myself to say who.

Comment

That should, of course be James VI (and I of the damnable heathen liberal Anglican Episcopalian English). My apologies for any confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobar King View Post
                                You filthy liar. We know you demon-weed smoking homers use it to 'get off' with your butt-buddies. How did you hurt your back? Doing the downward dog? We're a lot smarter than your doctor; just because he'll believe you after you pay him his 50$ doesn't mean that the rest of the world is going to change their mind about you using those evil drugs. It's good that Jesus has brought you here to discuss this problem you are having. This is the first step toward the salvation of your soul. Consider yourself blessed that you were called here to witness with Him. Maybe you can help your other loser friends to find the Glory that is Jesus.
                                Cannabis is edible you know. It has also been used for religious purposes for millennia. I also love how you assume all cannabis-users are homosexuals. Cannabis is a legitimate medication. No different from painkillers or cough medicine, they can be abused to obtain a 'high' feeling.

Let's take a look at verses in the bible that talk of cannabis.

"The Lord said unto me, "I will take my rest and I will consider in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs, and like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest. For afore the harvest, when the bud is perfect and the sour grape is ripening in the flower, he shall cut off the sprigs with pruning hooks and take away and cut down the branches." (Is. 18:4-5)
                                "And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielding her fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations." (Rev. 22:1-2)
                                "One believeth that he may eat all things. Another...eateth herbs. ... Let us not, therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumbling block or an occasion to fall in his brother's way. I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Ghost." (Epistle of St. Paul: Romans 14: 2,3,13,14,17)
                                Exodus chapter 30 verse 22 - 33

Moreover the Lord spoke unto Moses, saying: "Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even two hundred and fifty shekels, and of sweet KINEBOISIN two hundred and fifty shekels. And of cassia five hundred shekels, after the shekel of the sanctuary, and of olive oil an hin. And thou shalt make it an oil of holy ointment, an ointment compound after the art of the apothecary; it shall be an holy anointing oil. And thou shalt anoint the tabernacle of the congregation therewith, and the ark of the testimony. Upon man's flesh shall it not be poured, neither shall ye make any other like it, after the composition of it: it is holy, and it shall be holy unto you. Whosoever compoundeth any like it, or whosoever putteth any of it upon a stranger, shall even be cut off from his people. (Exodus 30:22-33)
                                KINEBOISIN is the old name for cannabis - it was also spelt kannabosm. It was mis-translated in the King James' version of the bible, as "calamus."

Most Christians agree that participation in the Eucharist is supposed to enhance and deepen communion of believers not only with Christ but also with one another. We must therefore ask the question, "What substance did the ancients use as a community meal to facilitate communion with the Lord?" The answer to that question is cannabis (or hemp.) Hemp as originally used in religious ritual, temple activities, and tribal rites, involved groups of worshippers rather than the solitary individual. The pleasurable psychoactive effects were then, as now, communal experiences.

Comment

Working...
                                X