X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fish
    replied
    Re: Verses to save.

    Originally posted by Pastor Al E Pistle View Post
    No one is buying into a 'new covenant' either!
    The New Covenant is a theological fact, well documented in the Bible and by theologians.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Al E Pistle
    replied
    Re: Verses to save.

    No one is buying into a 'new covenant' either!

    Leave a comment:


  • Fish
    replied
    Re: Verses to save.

    Originally posted by Pastor Al E Pistle View Post
    During the Last Supper, Jesus told his disciples that he was to be betrayed and asked them to drink wine and break bread in rememberance of Him. Nowhere does He say "Cancel the Bible, IT NO LONGER APPLIES".
    No one is saying "cancel the Bible".

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Al E Pistle
    replied
    Re: Verses to save.

    Originally posted by Fish View Post
    The last supper can be found in all translations of the Bible.
    During the Last Supper, Jesus told his disciples that he was to be betrayed and asked them to drink wine and break bread in rememberance of Him. Nowhere does He say "Cancel the Bible, IT NO LONGER APPLIES".

    Leave a comment:


  • Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S.
    replied
    Re: Verses to save.

    But the only CORRECT version of the story (as in not mistranslated by Joos or other such homers) is the version in the 1611 King James Version.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fish
    replied
    Re: Verses to save.

    Originally posted by Pastor Al E Pistle View Post
    It's really interesting that when GOD dictated the Bible to the scribes of King James in 1611 He didn't mention anything about that.
    The last supper can be found in all translations of the Bible.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Al E Pistle
    replied
    Re: Verses to save.

    It's really interesting that when GOD dictated the Bible to the scribes of King James in 1611 He didn't mention anything about that.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fish
    replied
    Re: Verses to save.

    What did Jesus establish at the Last Supper and what did He establish in Jerusalem on the day of Pentecost? The New Covenant of course.

    You can't pour new wine into old wineskin.

    Leave a comment:


  • SalvationSeeker
    replied
    Re: Verses to save.

    Originally posted by Prune Danish View Post
    Heaven and Earth haven't passed yet, have they?
    Praise Jesus, my brothers!
    The little fishy homer is so stupid that he seems to believe that the events of Revelation has already took place!


    Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
    For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
    Matthew 5:17-18

    And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.
    Luke 16:17

    Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.
    I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
    And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them.
    They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes.
    There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
    He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."
    He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.
    To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.
    Revelation 21:1-6

    Leave a comment:


  • Brother Temperance
    replied
    Re: Verses to save.

    Originally posted by Prune Danish View Post
    Let me quote for you Our Lord's actual words when He was asked:

    Matthew 15:4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

    If your son gives you lip, then let him "die the death". Friend, that's Baby Jesus talking to you.
    That's one of the things I love about preaching the Bible: Coming up against a satanically deluded False "Christian" who claims they only follow the New Testament, and quoting NT verses that prove they can't even do that right.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Rune Enoe
    replied
    Re: Verses to save.

    Originally posted by Fish View Post
    4. It is not right to kill disobedient children. The Deuteronomy verse was made obsolete whith Jesus' establishment of the new covenant.
    Wha? First of all, I'd be much obliged if you'd tell me just where in the Bible you think it is that Jesus told us we could use 90% of the Bible for toilet paper.

    Luke 6:17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.

    Heaven and Earth haven't passed yet, have they?

    Then you have the temerity to say (and I quote) that, "It is not right to kill disobedient children".

    I'd like to see you back that up with scripture! Until you do that, you're not a Christian, you're nothing but a goddam faggit

    Let me quote for you Our Lord's actual words when He was asked:

    Matthew 15:4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

    If your son gives you lip, then let him "die the death". Friend, that's Baby Jesus talking to you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Brother Temperance
    replied
    Re: Verses to save.

    Originally posted by Fish View Post
    Jeremiah 31:31-34

    31Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
    32Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
    33But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    34And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
    So are you claiming that all men now know God, from the least unto the greatest? Because if that hasn't happened yet, then we can't have reached the situation that passage describes, can we? Here's a few more relevant Bible verses:

    2 Kings 10:10 Know now that there shall fall unto the earth nothing of the word of the LORD

    Psalm 119:160 Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.

    Isaiah 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

    Anyway, a lot of the best scripture on why women are inferior (e.g. 1 Corinthians 11:3-10, 1 Corinthians 14:34-5, 1 Timothy 2:11-5, Ephesians 5:22-4) is in the New Testament. Try jewing your way out of that one.

    Leave a comment:


  • SalvationSeeker
    replied
    Re: Verses to save.

    Originally posted by Fish View Post
    You know, unless you repent, Jesus will remember all these. You are using His name, the name above all names, in vain.
    No, I give Jesus praises whenever I mention Him.
    You spit on Him by rejecting His commandments so don't you tell me to repent, you have a whole life of law-breaking to repent for.

    Better get to it, sinner.
    Jesus could come back any day now, Praise Him!
    And when He does, He is going to slay all the unbelievers and all the workers of iniquity, that's you buddy!
    GET RIGHT WITH THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, SAVIOUR OF MANKIND.

    OR

    DIE A PAINFUL DEATH AT HIS HANDS AND GET TOSSED INTO HELL!
    IT'S REALLY THAT SIMPLE.
    Last edited by SalvationSeeker; 10-13-2006, 07:09 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fish
    replied
    Re: Verses to save.

    Originally posted by SalvationSeeker View Post
    I represent Jesus better than you EVER could, antichrist.
    Why? Because I've read the Bible, and I FOLLOW it.

    You do neither, because you only represent satan!
    Get thee hence, demon! I rebuke you in the name of JESUS!
    You know, unless you repent, Jesus will remember all these. You are using His name, the name above all names, in vain.

    Leave a comment:


  • SalvationSeeker
    replied
    Re: Verses to save.

    Originally posted by Fish View Post
    You do not represent Christianity. You represent a fool who hates Jesus and comes online to mock Him.
    I represent Jesus better than you EVER could, antichrist.
    Why? Because I've read the Bible, and I FOLLOW it.

    You do neither, because you only represent satan!
    Get thee hence, demon! I rebuke you in the name of JESUS!
    Last edited by SalvationSeeker; 10-13-2006, 06:57 AM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...