X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MitzaLizalor
    replied
    Re: another errorsin KJV

    Originally posted by demosfen View Post
    So Jeremiah allegedly orally prophesied about 30 pieces of silver and Matthew overheard the conversation? Is that how you picture it?
    You're the one claiming he didn't. It's possible he had blue hair or that Amos wore tartan. So what? Those are not positions of certainty.

    Yours is.

    I must take exception to your oral fixation. Were any prophet to have written (subjunctive) or to have recorded prophecies in any other way there is no guarantee that such writings—or works of fine art or musical compositions, whatever—would survive to this day. Jannes & Jambres being a good example. Timothy knew who they were and what they did, Paul referred to them in that case.

    God preserves the salient features for us but if Beyoncé wants to worship Baal-Peor it is of little interest to me how she goes about doing that or what rings she puts where. All this is conditional. "If she did.." and "Were the prophet to.." as opposed to your "He did not.." still waiting for your evidence. And for the source of your information. I have posted mine. Do reciprocate.

    Leave a comment:


  • Basilissa
    replied
    Re: another errorsin KJV

    Originally posted by demosfen View Post
    So Jeremiah allegedly orally prophesied about 30 pieces of silver and Matthew overheard the conversation? Is that how you picture it?
    Still waiting for that proof of existence of the one and only Bible which contradicts all other Bibles, sweetie!

    Leave a comment:


  • demosfen
    replied
    Re: another errorsin KJV

    Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
    It is quite possible that EVERY prophet prophecised about 30 pieces of silver.
    So Jeremiah allegedly orally prophesied about 30 pieces of silver and Matthew overheard the conversation? Is that how you picture it?

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Isaac Peters
    replied
    Re: another errorsin KJV

    Originally posted by demosfen View Post
    That's from someone who claims to have levitical credentials to collect tithe. Priesthood is passed to a thousand generations of the Levites because they did a service to the Lord on Mt. Sinai, a cushy union office job with the retirement age of 50 (Num. 8:25). From father to son. And you call me unsaved, WTH?
    So what does the New Testament say about priesthood again?

    100k marriage fee? Does anybody really buy into it? I am harsh, but fair

    1Ti 6:7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
    1Ti 6:8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
    1Ti 6:9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
    1Ti 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
    We're well ahead of you, nancy.

    Leave a comment:


  • MitzaLizalor
    replied
    Re: another errorsin KJV

    Originally posted by demosfen View Post
    God made no mistake. All your English Bibles are translated from erroneous Greek manuscripts by men. Never did Jeremiah prophecy about 30 pieces of silver. The Hebrew manuscripts of the book of Matthew correctly refer to prophet Zechariah.
    Originally posted by demosfen View Post
    I am not finding anything in your sermon about why the book of Matthew in KJV had to be translated from the Greek manuscripts rather than the more reliable Hebrew ones. Obviously the latter don't have the error in question
    It would help if you posted the Hebrew manuscript to support your claim.
    Never did Jeremiah prophecy about 30 pieces of silver.
    How do you know that? We do not have every word spoken by Jeremiah recorded. It is quite possible that EVERY prophet prophecised about 30 pieces of silver. You have made the claim, the onus is on you to support your claims.

    God knows who says what, when. God also knows who else is aware of that. God communicates to people using language they can understand. What is your source for Hebrew vocabulary? When God worked with Moses there were events and characters involved additional to those recorded in the books he wrote. For example we do not have the names of everyone participating in the golden calf orgy. Does that mean there was no orgy?

    Timothy knew about Moses, more than just what Moses himself recorded in Exodus for us. When Paul wrote to Timothy he was able to include the following passage:
    ὁν τροπον δε Ἰαννης και Ἰαμβρης ἀντεστησαν Μωϋσει, οὑτως και οὑτοι ἀνθιστανται τῃ ἀληθειᾳ, ἀνθρωποι κατεφθαρμενοι τον νουν, ἀδοκιμοι περι την πιστιν. ἀλλ’ οὐ προκοψουσιν ἐπι πλειον· ἡ γαρ ἀνοια αὐτων ἐκδηλος ἐσται πασιν, ὡς και ἡ ἐκεινων ἐγενετο.
    UBS III

    Now you will be aware that those two are not mentioned in Exodus but was Paul in error? God would certainly know all about them AND that Timothy was aware of their antics—pathetic half baked antics as you will recall from your knowledge of the source material—but does our only Scriptural reference being in Greek mean that we should seek out a Hexateuch done in heiroglyphics?

    Of course not. God has preserved His Inerrant Word for all time and through it He speaks to us all, those of us in perfection just as to dissipated wretches staggering from one bordello to the next in thrall to gin and toadstools and even, were you to actually read it, in the demosfenian dystopia.

    We are all waiting for your source material. I have posted mine (in support of a claim re. Jannes and Jambres). Over to you..

    Leave a comment:


  • Didymus Much
    replied
    Re: another errorsin KJV

    Originally posted by demosfen View Post
    ...And you call me unsaved, WTH?...
    Unsaveable at all, with that attitude.

    So who wrote this "Corrected" edition of the KJV, and when/where was it published?

    Leave a comment:


  • demosfen
    replied
    Re: another errorsin KJV

    Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
    Accept Christ Jesus, then talk to us about the KJV Bible.
    That's from someone who claims to have levitical credentials to collect tithe. Priesthood is passed to a thousand generations of the Levites because they did a service to the Lord on Mt. Sinai, a cushy union office job with the retirement age of 50 (Num. 8:25). From father to son. And you call me unsaved, WTH?
    100k marriage fee? Does anybody really buy into it? I am harsh, but fair

    1Ti 6:7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
    1Ti 6:8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
    1Ti 6:9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
    1Ti 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

    Leave a comment:


  • Basilissa
    replied
    Re: another errorsin KJV

    Originally posted by demosfen View Post
    I call it CKJV, C stands for Corrected. I have the only copy I know of,
    Oh. So, God decided to allow all the Bibles of the entire world to be corrupted, except for just one? Why in the world would He do that?

    And what is the origin of this single Bible, did it just miraculously appeared before your eyes?

    Could you be so kind to take a photo of 1) the page with the verse in question, and 2) the page which shows who/when/where published it? I'm sincerely curious.

    although George Gordon of GeorgeGordon.com had one as well but he died a couple of month ago, I don't know what happened to it
    Oh my goodness. I looked at that website, and it's a bit too nutty for my taste.

    Did it do you any good?
    Yes. It certainly gave me a deeper understanding of the Bible.

    Baptists are not allowed to believe in the OT anyway,
    Who told you that, sweetie? Georgie Gordon? Next time, try asking an actual Baptist what he believes in!

    which is 3/4 of the Bible. I mean I've read Carl Marx because I was raised by the communists, it doesn't mean I was blessed by it, or caught the fire
    Well, I do pity you for having to suffer through the capital, did you also read the 20+ volumes of Lenin's and Stalin's works? Because that would certainly explain the meekness of your mind, I mean, reading that crap must have a terrible scarring effect on the reader.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Ezekiel
    replied
    Re: another errorsin KJV

    Originally posted by demosfen View Post
    I've read a good half a dozen books by the more intelligent of KJV-Onlyists and benefited a great deal from them, it doesn't mean they had all the research tools of the computer age. In addition to this handicap, most of them were too biased to consider what's wrong with KJV, the only concern being what's right with it. People get carried away and obsess with any piece of the puzzle they uncover
    Since you are quite obviously unsaved, why should anyone take anything you say seriously? You lack any Christian Discernment(c) at all. You flail about like a 9 year old girl.

    Accept Christ Jesus, then talk to us about the KJV Bible.

    Leave a comment:


  • demosfen
    replied
    Re: another errorsin KJV

    Originally posted by Elmer G. White View Post
    you dismiss the work of Biblical apologetics and commentaries simply by ignoring them.
    I've read a good half a dozen books by the more intelligent of KJV-Onlyists and benefited a great deal from them, it doesn't mean they had all the research tools of the computer age. In addition to this handicap, most of them were too biased to consider what's wrong with KJV, the only concern being what's right with it. People get carried away and obsess with any piece of the puzzle they uncover

    Leave a comment:


  • Elmer G. White
    replied
    Re: another errorsin KJV

    Originally posted by demosfen View Post
    I call it CKJV, C stands for Corrected. I have the only copy I know of, although George Gordon of GeorgeGordon.com had one as well but he died a couple of month ago, I don't know what happened to it

    Did it do you any good? Baptists are not allowed to believe in the OT anyway, which is 3/4 of the Bible. I mean I've read Carl Marx because I was raised by the communists, it doesn't mean I was blessed by it, or caught the fire
    This is convenient. You have the only real Bible while all the others are somehow fictional? In addition, you dismiss the work of Biblical apologetics and commentaries simply by ignoring them. You might as well go on to the secular and atheist world of literary analysis and follow their path claiming that as Matthew had access to OT texts it was an easy task for him to find suitable cross-references and cite them as fulfilled prophecies regarding Jesus? Would that be a convenient next step?

    However, a search of 15 seconds in the Interwebs and I was looking at the "corrected King James". Add 10 seconds and there was Matthew 27:9.
    9 [The purchase of that field] fulfills the prediction spoken by JeremYAH the prophet, saying, "the [priests] paid the 30 pieces of silver, the price the people of Israel would put [on the head of their Messiah],
    Or, "they valued their Messiah to be worth only 30 pieces of silver."
    Jeremiah. Who could have guessed. Now, I can guess that you'll claim this is not THE corrected version. There must be another. You can move your goal posts again and again as you've kept doing. And regarding the vigorous attempts of the Enemy in the past to corrupt the Word of God, it is quite possible that there is a piece of paper somewhere that has the name of the prophet you covet. Does it make a difference? No, it doesn't. The commentaries and readings of KJV are solid.

    By the way, where did you get the notion that we would not be allowed to believe in the OT? Have you actually read ANY of the threads here?!

    Proverbs 1:7
    The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.


    Yours in Christ,

    Elmer
    Last edited by Elmer G. White; 11-29-2014, 06:49 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Didymus Much
    replied
    Re: another errorsin KJV

    Originally posted by demosfen View Post
    I call it CKJV, C stands for Corrected...
    "Corrected"???!? Ok, I'll bite: By whom?

    ...I have the only copy I know of, although George Gordon of GeorgeGordon.com had one as well but he died a couple of month ago, I don't know what happened to it...
    Isn't that convenient?

    ...Baptists are not allowed to believe in the OT anyway...
    Where the heck do you get this shit from, dude?

    ...I mean I've read Carl Marx...
    Carl Marx? Who's that?

    Leave a comment:


  • demosfen
    replied
    Re: another errorsin KJV

    Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
    Aah. Would it kill you to give away the name by which this mysterious version of the Bible is known?
    I call it CKJV, C stands for Corrected. I have the only copy I know of, although George Gordon of GeorgeGordon.com had one as well but he died a couple of month ago, I don't know what happened to it

    Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
    I've read several versions of the Bible
    Did it do you any good? Baptists are not allowed to believe in the OT anyway, which is 3/4 of the Bible. I mean I've read Carl Marx because I was raised by the communists, it doesn't mean I was blessed by it, or caught the fire

    Leave a comment:


  • Basilissa
    replied
    Re: another errorsin KJV

    Originally posted by demosfen View Post
    Get one yourself, if you value the exact word of God. I only have one.
    Aah. Would it kill you to give away the name by which this mysterious version of the Bible is known? (I'm sure I could find it online and verify whether you are telling the truth or not).

    More importantly, if you just believe what KJV says, you'll be more blessed if you get a better version and still don't believe it. It's important to get our priorities straight
    Honey, I've read several versions of the Bible in three modern and one dead language. The only difference in some of the more recent translations some of the harsher sounding verses are whitewashed - therefore distorting the true Word of God.

    Leave a comment:


  • demosfen
    replied
    Re: another errorsin KJV

    Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
    provide me a modern translation of the Bible which would not contain the name of the Prophet Jeremiah
    Get one yourself, if you value the exact word of God. I only have one.

    More importantly, if you just believe what KJV says, you'll be more blessed if you get a better version and still don't believe it. It's important to get our priorities straight

    Leave a comment:

Working...