X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Microbrain
    replied
    Re: I nearly drowned today - AND PROVED EVOLUTION FALSE!

    Originally posted by Bible Student View Post
    Of course Brother Billy Bob is speaking of false science. Real science is to be found in the Bible.
    Okay, because I have clearly not read the Bible, give me what it says in the Bible about those things. It's not that I doubt you - I know it's there. I just want to know what it says exactly.

    Leave a comment:


  • MitzaLizalor
    replied
    Re: I nearly drowned today - AND PROVED EVOLUTION FALSE!

    Originally posted by God's my Bro View Post
    Since when was gravity against God?
    Please provide scripture to support your position.

    Leave a comment:


  • God's my Bro
    replied
    Re: I nearly drowned today - AND PROVED EVOLUTION FALSE!

    Originally posted by Billy Bob Jenkins View Post
    How about, "because it will make you question your faith and land you in Hell!"

    People who believe in the Big Bang, evolution, gravity, and the spherical Earth hypothesis are damned for calling God a liar.

    Since when was gravity against God?

    Leave a comment:


  • Redeemed Papist
    replied
    Re: I nearly drowned today - AND PROVED EVOLUTION FALSE!

    Originally posted by Microbrain View Post
    So we are to learn nothing about the world us, and manipulate it in ways that benefit us?
    And a light finally goes on.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bible Student
    replied
    Re: I nearly drowned today - AND PROVED EVOLUTION FALSE!

    Originally posted by Billy Bob Jenkins View Post
    Originally Posted by Microbrain
    I don't understand why you'd want to ignore science.
    How about, "because it will make you question your faith and land you in Hell!"

    People who believe in the Big Bang, evolution, gravity, and the spherical Earth hypothesis are damned for calling God a liar.
    Of course Brother Billy Bob is speaking of false science. Real science is to be found in the Bible.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bible Student
    replied
    Re: I nearly drowned today - AND PROVED EVOLUTION FALSE!

    Originally posted by Microbrain View Post
    Originally Posted by Bible Student
    But that is all you have. For scientists, today's "actual theories and findings" become tomorrow's "centuries old scientific hypothesis".
    Yes, some things are proved wrong, and some stay accepted.

    I don't understand why you'd want to ignore science. The computer that you're reading this on was made with the knowledge and tests of science.
    Technically technology resulted in this computer. Putting a wheel on a wagon is also technology. Do you mean to say that chariot makers were scientists? If so, then there was a lot of real science going on in biblical times.

    Leave a comment:


  • Billy Bob Jenkins
    replied
    Re: I nearly drowned today - AND PROVED EVOLUTION FALSE!

    Originally posted by Microbrain View Post
    I don't understand why you'd want to ignore science.
    How about, "because it will make you question your faith and land you in Hell!"

    People who believe in the Big Bang, evolution, gravity, and the spherical Earth hypothesis are damned for calling God a liar.

    Leave a comment:


  • Microbrain
    replied
    Re: I nearly drowned today - AND PROVED EVOLUTION FALSE!

    Originally posted by Bible Student View Post
    But that is all you have. For scientists, today's "actual theories and findings" become tomorrow's "centuries old scientific hypothesis".
    Yes, some things are proved wrong, and some stay accepted.

    I don't understand why you'd want to ignore science. The computer that you're reading this on was made with the knowledge and tests of science.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bible Student
    replied
    Re: I nearly drowned today - AND PROVED EVOLUTION FALSE!

    Originally posted by Peter Roy View Post
    Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor
    OK here's one
    I believe he's speaking about actual theories and findings, not some centuries old scientific hypothesis.
    But that is all you have. For scientists, today's "actual theories and findings" become tomorrow's "centuries old scientific hypothesis".

    Leave a comment:


  • Peter Roy
    replied
    Re: I nearly drowned today - AND PROVED EVOLUTION FALSE!

    Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
    OK here's one
    I believe he's speaking about actual theories and findings, not some centuries old scientific hypothesis.

    Leave a comment:


  • Microbrain
    replied
    Re: I nearly drowned today - AND PROVED EVOLUTION FALSE!

    Originally posted by Redeemed Papist View Post
    Are you incapable of extrapolating from this that everything that happens is by God's design and if He wills it that things fall when you drop them then that's how it will be and we aren't meant to understand it or waste time on pointlessly trying to figure it out?
    So we are to learn nothing about the world us, and manipulate it in ways that benefit us?

    Leave a comment:


  • Redeemed Papist
    replied
    Re: I nearly drowned today - AND PROVED EVOLUTION FALSE!

    Originally posted by Macrobian View Post
    I'm not saying that God doesn't make things happen. There are somethings that aren't plain miracles and can be explained in logical ways. Like how when I drop something on the ground, it breaks. Can that be explained by the Bible?
    Have you gone completely nuts?

    You're expecting the Bible to explain everything that happens in terms of God?

    Oh - wait- it does.

    Romans 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

    Ecclesiastes 3:11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

    Proverbs 16:4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

    Are you incapable of extrapolating from this that everything that happens is by God's design and if He wills it that things fall when you drop them then that's how it will be and we aren't meant to understand it or waste time on pointlessly trying to figure it out?

    Leave a comment:


  • MitzaLizalor
    replied
    Re: I nearly drowned today - AND PROVED EVOLUTION FALSE!

    Originally posted by Macrobian View Post
    Please, humor me, and give me an example where Scientists wrong.
    OK here's one

    Leave a comment:


  • Microbrain
    replied
    Re: I nearly drowned today - AND PROVED EVOLUTION FALSE!

    Originally posted by Redeemed Papist View Post
    OK your crazy science reckons the rain can just happen. Yes, I know you may not be aware of how crazy your fellow scientists are but they say water evaporates and then floats in the sky for a while then just falls to earth again as rain by some random process.

    Matthew 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

    1 Samuel 12:16-18 16Now therefore stand and see this great thing, which the LORD will do before your eyes. 17Is it not wheat harvest to day? I will call unto the LORD, and he shall send thunder and rain; that ye may perceive and see that your wickedness is great, which ye have done in the sight of the LORD, in asking you a king. 18So Samuel called unto the LORD; and the LORD sent thunder and rain that day: and all the people greatly feared the LORD and Samuel.

    Here we can see that God makes it rain for His on purposes. So scientists are just wrong - they have to be.

    Ecclesiastes 3:11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

    Job 37:5 God thundereth marvellously with his voice; great things doeth he, which we cannot comprehend.

    Psalm 145:3 Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable.

    You see, you're not supposed to understand how God works. Isn't the fact you keep measuring things but not actually getting close to the simple fact God makes it all happen for His own purposes telling you something?
    I'm not saying that God doesn't make things happen. There are somethings that aren't plain miracles and can be explained in logical ways. Like how when I drop something on the ground, it breaks. Can that be explained by the Bible?

    Leave a comment:


  • Redeemed Papist
    replied
    Re: I nearly drowned today - AND PROVED EVOLUTION FALSE!

    Originally posted by Macrobian View Post
    Please, humor me, and give me an example where Scientists wrong.

    And don't you dare ban me because I inched over into territory where I opposed your opinions.
    OK your crazy science reckons the rain can just happen. Yes, I know you may not be aware of how crazy your fellow scientists are but they say water evaporates and then floats in the sky for a while then just falls to earth again as rain by some random process.

    Matthew 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

    1 Samuel 12:16-18 16Now therefore stand and see this great thing, which the LORD will do before your eyes. 17Is it not wheat harvest to day? I will call unto the LORD, and he shall send thunder and rain; that ye may perceive and see that your wickedness is great, which ye have done in the sight of the LORD, in asking you a king. 18So Samuel called unto the LORD; and the LORD sent thunder and rain that day: and all the people greatly feared the LORD and Samuel.

    Here we can see that God makes it rain for His on purposes. So scientists are just wrong - they have to be.

    Ecclesiastes 3:11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

    Job 37:5 God thundereth marvellously with his voice; great things doeth he, which we cannot comprehend.

    Psalm 145:3 Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable.

    You see, you're not supposed to understand how God works. Isn't the fact you keep measuring things but not actually getting close to the simple fact God makes it all happen for His own purposes telling you something?

    Leave a comment:

Working...