X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should I become a Muslim?

Originally posted by Ahmad_Deedat View Post
    Also the King James Bible has been revised many times.
    Your ignorance is astounding.

The King James is translated directly from the Textus Receptus. That is why we use it. The other perVersions out there are translated from the Latin Vulgate or its predecessor, the Alexandrian manuscripts -- which means that the Catholic Cult has had the opportunity to corrupt it with their perversions.

May I recommend this comic-book-style explanation?
    Bible boring? Nonsense!
    Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
    You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

Comment

Originally posted by Rev. M. Rodimer View Post
      Could you please explain 'honor killings', then?
      That´s cultural. Has no roots in Islam.

Exodus 20:5

you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me,

Leviticus 26:

18 ‘And after all this, if you do not obey Me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.

21 ‘Then, if you walk contrary to Me, and are not willing to obey Me, I will bring on you seven times more plagues, according to your sins.

24 then I also will walk contrary to you, and I will punish you yet seven times for your sins.

28 then I also will walk contrary to you in fury;
      and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.

In the Quran Allah tells us.

4:40

"Surely Allah does not do injustice to the weight of an atom, and if it is a good deed He multiplies it and gives from Himself a great reward."
      Deuteronomy 18:18 - I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren like unto thee and will put my words in his mouth and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him

Comment

Your ignorance is astounding.

The King James is translated directly from the Textus Receptus. That is why we use it. The other perVersions out there are translated from the Latin Vulgate or its predecessor, the Alexandrian manuscripts -- which means that the Catholic Cult has had the opportunity to corrupt it with their perversions.
        First published in 1611, and then revised in 1881 (RV), and now re-revised and brought up to date as the Revised Standard Version (RSV) 1952, and now again re-re-revised in 1971 (still RSV for short)

"THE KING JAMES VERSION (alternative description of AV) HAS WITH GOOD REASON BEEN TERMED 'THE NOBLEST MONUMENT OF ENGLISH PROSE.’ ITS REVISERS IN 1881 EXPRESSED ADMIRATION FOR 'ITS SIMPLICITY, ITS DIGNITY, ITS POWER, ITS HAPPY TURNS OF EXPRESSION ... THE MUSIC OF ITS CADENCES, AND THE FELICITIES OF ITS RHYTHM.’ IT ENTERED, AS NO OTHER BOOK HAS, INTO THE MAKING OF THE PERSONAL CHARACTER AND THE PUBLIC INSTITUTIONS OF THE ENGLISH-SPEAKING PEOPLES. WE OWE TO IT AN INCALCULABLE DEBT."

"YET THE KING JAMES VERSION HAS GRAVE DEFECTS." And, "THAT THESE DEFECTS ARE SO MANY AND SO SERIOUS AS TO CALL FOR REVISION . . ." This is straight from the horse's mouth, i.e. the orthodox Christian scholars of "the highest eminence." Another galaxy of Doctors of Divinity are now required to produce an encyclopaedia explaining the cause of those GRAVE AND SERIOUS DEFECTS in their Holy Writ and their reasons for eliminating them.

2 Samuels 24

1 Again the anger of the Lord was aroused against Israel, and He moved David against them to say, “Go, number Israel and Judah.

1 Chronicles 21

1 Now Satan stood up against Israel, and moved David to number Israel.
        Deuteronomy 18:18 - I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren like unto thee and will put my words in his mouth and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him

Comment

First published in 1611, and then revised in 1881 (RV), and now re-revised and brought up to date as the Revised Standard Version (RSV) 1952, and now again re-re-revised in 1971 (still RSV for short)
          Apparently, your idea of "many times" and mine are different. The English language has changed since 1611; the updates are done to reflect modern language.

I realize that's something Islamofascists know nothing about, what with the command not to add new words to your babble.
          Bible boring? Nonsense!
          Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!

Comment

I realize that's something Islamofascists know nothing about, what with the command not to add new words to your babble.
            As did Jesus in Revelations 22 verses 18 & 19 ?

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Comment

As did Jesus in Revelations 22 verses 18 & 19 ?

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
              Nope. By "your babble", I meant your so-called "language".

And there is no book "Revelations".

And Jesus is not speaking in those verses; John, the witness to the vision, is.
              Bible boring? Nonsense!

Comment

Nope. By "your babble", I meant your so-called "language".

And there is no book "Revelations".

And Jesus is not speaking in those verses; John, the witness to the vision, is.
                Revelation.. I mistyped.

Pray tell me. How old was Jehoiachin when he began to reign?

Comment

I didn't think so.

Comment

No, unless you want to be one of these smileys

and want to end up with this guy :

So if you still wanna go and live with the

Go be a Muslim

And if you want to go to Heaven

Then dont be a Muslim

Comment

You should do what your heart tells you is right! Go for it!
                      This space reserved for KJV use only.

Comment

Originally posted by PraiseTheLord4 View Post
                        Jeremiah 17:9: The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it?

You're better off doing what the Bible tells you is right.
                        This church is dedicated to preaching True Christianity™ and the King James Bible exactly as they are, with no alterations to make them more politically correct for modern liberals. If you think that we've misquoted or twisted Scripture or quoted any verse out of context, please explain in detail how we've done so. Otherwise, if what you read on this site offends you, then you're offended by Almighty God and His Word, not by us.

Questions to ask liberal "Christians"Things that the Bible doesn't sayTolerance

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PraiseTheLord4 View Post
                          I agree. Since truth is relative, we should each follow our inner light from Mother/Father God.
                          The Bible, when correctly interpreted, tells us to love everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren Ingram-Myers View Post
                            I agree. Since truth is relative, we should each follow our inner light from Mother/Father God.
                            Sweet Jesus your type make me puke. Jesus isn't your mother, you limp-wristed demon!
                            Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Working...
                            X