X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pastor Ezekiel
    replied
    Re: Are Roleplaying games Evil?

    Originally posted by EmberCowgirl View Post
    I agree that Role playing games are horrible , But I would like to know what you think of reenactments . I do Civil War reenactments every year and because I live in the south I am always part of the confederate Troops . I guess what I am asking is it wrong to do Historical Reenactments?
    That all depends. Which side do you reenact, Godless yankees or Real Christian Americans? Do you have your Godly Husband's permission to be doing these things?

    I'd like to suggest that you make a thread of your own in the "introductions" section, so that we might welcome you properly.

    Leave a comment:


  • EmberCowgirl
    replied
    Re: Are Roleplaying games Evil?

    I agree that Role playing games are horrible , But I would like to know what you think of reenactments . I do Civil War reenactments every year and because I live in the south I am always part of the confederate Troops . I guess what I am asking is it wrong to do Historical Reenactments?

    Leave a comment:


  • Nobar King
    replied
    Re: Are Roleplaying games Evil?

    Originally posted by Mikeman View Post
    I am very hot about my beliefs, however I choose to discuss them in a peaceful manor.
    Is that what you call your mother's basement? If you're going to be getting hot, though, I won't be coming over.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mikeman
    replied
    Re: Are Roleplaying games Evil?

    Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
    You can read the Bible 100 times a day for all the good it will do you. Jesus isn't fooled by such tricks. He knows the sin and perversion you indulge in. Either you're with Him or not with Him.

    .
    That is truth, if I was just reading to read the bible, then it wouldnt do me ny good anyway. But what I said about praying, how is that trying to trick god somehow?

    Also, for a bit of a change, have you ever played the solitaire game packaged with your computer?

    Oh, and the full passage, the letter to Laodicea
    Originally posted by John
    14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
    15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
    16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
    17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
    18I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
    19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
    20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
    21To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
    22He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
    I am very hot about my beliefs, however I choose to discuss them in a peaceful manor.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Ezekiel
    replied
    Re: Are Roleplaying games Evil?

    Originally posted by Mikeman View Post
    I am not one of those gamers that game 24/7/365. I live in the real world, and play my games as a form of entertainment, such as reading a book or watching a TV. And books or movies that are fiction, in a fictitious world, these are fantasy, because Fantasy is defined as "Something, such as an invention, that is a creation of the fancy." I am not distracted, I still read the bible every night, I still pray three times a day. Video games are entertainment, nothing more.
    You can read the Bible 100 times a day for all the good it will do you. Jesus isn't fooled by such tricks. He knows the sin and perversion you indulge in. Either you're with Him or not with Him.

    Revelation 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth
    .

    Leave a comment:


  • Mikeman
    replied
    Re: Are Roleplaying games Evil?

    Originally posted by WilliamJenningsBryan View Post
    Get a grip, son, that's precisely why these games are evil. The operative word here is "Fantasy", they distract your mind from God's plan and the epic battle for your immortal soul. There is a real world out there with real evil to be fought with the newly elected Omamination, and unless you pay attention Satan will pwn you as you wind up in the pits of hell.
    I am not one of those gamers that game 24/7/365. I live in the real world, and play my games as a form of entertainment, such as reading a book or watching a TV. And books or movies that are fiction, in a fictitious world, these are fantasy, because Fantasy is defined as "Something, such as an invention, that is a creation of the fancy." I am not distracted, I still read the bible every night, I still pray three times a day. Video games are entertainment, nothing more.

    Leave a comment:


  • WilliamJenningsBryan
    replied
    Re: Are Roleplaying games Evil?

    Originally posted by Mikeman View Post
    They are not anti God, they do not choose a religion. They do not say what to believe, nor do they try to impress false religions upon anyone.
    Get a grip, son, that's precisely why these games are evil. The operative word here is "Fantasy", they distract your mind from God's plan and the epic battle for your immortal soul. There is a real world out there with real evil to be fought with the newly elected Omamination, and unless you pay attention Satan will pwn you as you wind up in the pits of hell.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mikeman
    replied
    Re: Are Roleplaying games Evil?

    They are not anti God, they do not choose a religion. They do not say what to believe, nor do they try to impress false religions upon anyone.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mrs. Mary Whitford
    replied
    Re: Are Roleplaying games Evil?

    Originally posted by Mikeman View Post
    Which Final Fantasy is this instance in? there are currently 12 of them, and a thirteenth in development.
    There is no difference. All anti-God, all wrong.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mikeman
    replied
    Re: Are Roleplaying games Evil?

    Originally posted by Sister Mary Maria View Post
    I had to look that up and it appears to be some sort of sodomite recruiter put out by the nips. Not good, and it doesn't promote Jesus at all.

    Verdict: Evil
    Which Final Fantasy is this instance in? there are currently 12 of them, and a thirteenth in development.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mrs. Mary Whitford
    replied
    Re: Are Roleplaying games Evil?

    Originally posted by Mikeman View Post
    I can see how RPGs like D&D and Vampyer and whatnot are evil, but what of Final Fantasy?
    I had to look that up and it appears to be some sort of sodomite recruiter put out by the nips. Not good, and it doesn't promote Jesus at all.

    Verdict: Evil

    Leave a comment:


  • Mikeman
    replied
    Re: Are Roleplaying games Evil?

    I can see how RPGs like D&D and Vampyer and whatnot are evil, but what of Final Fantasy?

    Leave a comment:


  • Bummer
    replied
    Re: Are Roleplaying games Evil?

    Originally posted by Brother-Inquisitor View Post
    Not at all, I am deadly serious!

    I know from personal experience before I found Jesus that these games ARE evil, and also lead to sin!

    Have you heard of Jack Chick!

    He puts it much better than I do!!

    Debbie thought playing Dungeons and Dragons was fun...until it destroyed her friend.


    Devil worship and black magic is a sin!!! period!

    If you play roleplaying games, you are going to hell!

    Hih... yeah scare tactics, works on a lot of people. But if you actually know these things yourself, saying i know people who play D&D, they are perfectly normal, they don't do witchcraft (the only people who believe in that is christians and wicca ppl). It's very ignorant and i must say a bit stupid to believe in witchcraft.... i would say the bible is the same then, you have no proof of a god so it's just the same as fiction.

    I don't know how to say it more clear, but this is how it is. You need to think for yourself, there is a huge difference between fiction and reality.
    You don't need to believe in god to know what is right and wrong, in fact, i think god rather corrupts your thinking and you start doing crazy stuff like killing people with different beliefs.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jesus Touches Me
    replied
    Re: Are Roleplaying games Evil?

    I just have to ask...? You're just kidding right? old
    Not at all, I am deadly serious!

    I know from personal experience before I found Jesus that these games ARE evil, and also lead to sin!

    Have you heard of Jack Chick!

    He puts it much better than I do!!

    Debbie thought playing Dungeons and Dragons was fun...until it destroyed her friend.


    Devil worship and black magic is a sin!!! period!

    If you play roleplaying games, you are going to hell!

    Leave a comment:


  • Bummer
    replied
    Re: Are Roleplaying games Evil?

    Originally posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
    Seems straightforward to me. With which part do you have difficulty?
    These are games, it's fiction, and this guy expresses himself as it's the end of the world. Which to me made that post pretty hilarious. Again the fear.

    Leave a comment:

Working...