X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nephew's entrance exam question

Blink and suddenly they're 18 and you've almost missed it. My young nephew, no longer a baby, is sitting his entrance exams for university today. It's a decent school so the questions are good ones; the last one has stumped me and his tutors for hours - any help for the poor boy would be appreciated.

Explain with examples the difference between a theophysicist, a theosophist and a physicotheologian. (1 mark)

I thought it might be like the difference between a Vice Chancellor, Executive Provost and an Administrative Chief Director, but apparently that's not it.
    If I have seen further, it is by standing on the heads of others.

Re: Nephew's entrance exam question

Wasn't theosophy invented by Madame Blavatsky? She was demon possessed.

Comment

Having gotten my Masters in Organic Chemistry while I was getting one in Business/Finance, I quickly discovered science was, simply put, hooey. All smoke and mirrors to trick the dimwitted.
      My paper was the on evolution of Organic beings (man). I sourced a large jar of unprocessed peanut butter and let time/evolution 'do its thing' (as the kids say). Two years spent watching the jar and documenting my observations. Suffice it to say, no man (or even an ape) climbed out.
      Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
      Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
      Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
      Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
      Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
      Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Comment

I cannot help you with these pernickity questions. Then again, I did not go to Harvard, Yale or Princeton. Truth be told, I did not go to any University. But I never met a Harvard grad who knew how to emasculate sheep in a timely fashion come the season on the farm.

Phil
        58 If thou wilt not observe to do all the words of this law that are written in this book, that thou mayest fear this glorious and fearful name, THE LORD THY GOD; 59 Then the LORD will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance. 60 Moreover he will bring upon thee all the diseases of Egypt, which thou wast afraid of; and they shall cleave unto thee. 61 Also every sickness, and every plague, which is not written in the book of this law, them will the LORD bringk upon thee, until thou be destroyed.

Deuteronomy 28: 58- 61

Comment

Assuming he didn't have to answer ALL the questions, I'm not sure that 1 mark would be an adequate reward for such a complex question, Brother Dr. Toole, Sir. If he attempted to answer it, he would have no time to answer anything else.

In any case, it is too late to concern ourselves with it now as the examination was four days ago. How did he do?
          Vaccinated by the love of Jesus!!!

Comment

Here's my answer to that question: They're a whole bunch of people thinking and philosophisin' all that fancy talk when they should be logging on to the free public library computer to listen to Pastor Zeke's podcasts.
            READ THE BIBLE

Comment

Originally posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey View Post
              How did he do?
              Not so good on the exam, but thank you for your concern Sister. Don't worry though, after a quick call to the Deputy Executive Director Administrative Provost Chiefy-in-Chief Leader Most-Highness we found out he is eligible for a rowing scholarship for just a small donation to the Senate yacht club. Done. He's such a smart boy.

Originally posted by Unfalsifiable View Post
              Here's my answer to that question: They're a whole bunch of people thinking and philosophisin' all that fancy talk when they should be logging on to the free public library computer to listen to Pastor Zeke's podcasts.
              Hold on a minute, I believe the Pastor's Bible readings are copyright material. He personally owns the look & feel, all special effects and his trademark shouted delivery™. If you have any evidence of illegal public renderings of his works, or have personally listened to any, the department of Faith will need to collect fees.
              If I have seen further, it is by standing on the heads of others.

Comment

I can answer the question. There is no difference, they are all Hellbound sinners. Physicists who know the truth are called Creation Physicists. Philosophers who know the truth are called Baptist theologians. All the rest are just posers who trust "experiments" and "logic" rather than the Word of God.
                The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

Originally posted by WWJDnow View Post
                  I can answer the question. There is no difference, they are all Hellbound sinners. Physicists who know the truth are called Creation Physicists. Philosophers who know the truth are called Baptist theologians. All the rest are just posers who trust "experiments" and "logic" rather than the Word of God.
                  Sounds like "the powers of the air." [highlighted] By studying, the neophytes hope to become princes. Ephesians 2:2

Comment

Working...
                  X