X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Johny Joe Hold
    Mayor of Freehold
     
    • Feb 2010
    • 13071

    #1

    Preaching the Gospel at Burning Man

    Burning Man is a sinful orgy held each summer in the Arizona desert. People wear beads, go naked and take drugs. About 40,000 Godless attend every year.

    What to do about has always been the question? It is so sinful many clergy are reluctant to even enter. Thank goodness a young preacher attended this year and preached wherever he could find a bit of sand to stand on. He reported the reception was not good, but he was OK with that.

    I thought President Trump would shut down Burning Man, but it remains on his "to do" list.

    Bryce Crawford says Burning Man darker than Satanic Temple HQ | Podcast

    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	52
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	2080192
    Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.
  • MitzaLizalor
    Completely CRAZY for the Lord
    True Christian™
    • Sep 2010
    • 14707

    #2
    I've heard the Raëlian cult has quite a good reception? Apparently they have a little kiosk—and, although advocating free love, are not atually nude—but during the dance frenzies distribute literature around the campsites. Upon return (from a frenzy) orgy-goers can read the stuff and burst out laughing. It's that ridiculous. Later, the kiosk opens but whether anyone signs up I'd have no idea.

    Satan doesn't find them a challenge I suppose. Unlike a Pastor presenting The Truth.

    Perhaps at future events we should have a presence. If there were a role for me I would accept – albeit reluctantly. Where devils are most active is where Christians most need to be.

    Luke 5:32

    Comment

    • Johny Joe Hold
      Mayor of Freehold
       
      • Feb 2010
      • 13071

      #3
      Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
      Perhaps at future events we should have a presence. If there were a role for me I would accept – albeit reluctantly. Where devils are most active is where Christians most need to be.

      Luke 5:32
      A presence at Buring Man is something to consider, Sister Mitza. If we rented a big tent and had one of our pastors preaching night after night against sin it might change the event. We could have a stack of clothing to give to those who are naked. Bibles, we would need lots of them to sell.

      Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

      Comment

      • MitzaLizalor
        Completely CRAZY for the Lord
        True Christian™
        • Sep 2010
        • 14707

        #4
        [Jesus speaking] I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

        Originally posted by Johny Joe Hold View Post
        A presence at Buring Man is something to consider, Sister Mitza. If we rented a big tent and had one of our pastors preaching night after night against sin it might change the event. We could have a stack of clothing to give to those who are naked. Bibles, we would need lots of them to sell.
        Of course, it would need to be clothing they'd actually want to put on. There's appropriate and inappropriate party garb: bright and cheerful is not the same as "libertine-of-the year" contender. Often there's a costume theme, discerned I gather from the promotional material. For "clothing optional" events presumably this applies to tinsel glued onto one's person.

        (I am not volunteering for tinsel appliqué duties, however.)

        Bible-themed attire could be made to highlight aspects of Pastor's sermon in the tent. Some very vibrant models are available in vivid stripes, to suit the carnival atmosphere, without looking iniquitous as I'm sure many other attractions strive to achieve. In this respect we'd stand out sufficiently to attract a congregation of sinners Luke 5:32 vs.

        God is offended by weird fashion styles even more than by nudity—both Isaiah and Micah went naked for a while—and sensitivity to His feelings are paramount in any costume design. For example, should we offer fur suits? What about goth regalia? Neither are to my taste I have to say, yet if a nude+tinsel debauchee were persuadable by dressing that way, can I oppose it? At least they'd be dressed. But it's not my place to judge, that for now belongs to God and He has already spoken, covering most bases here:

        Zephaniah 1:2, 3a, 8d, 9a I will utterly consume all things from off the land, saith the LORD. I will consume man and beast . . . and all such as are clothed with strange apparel. In the same day also will I punish all those that leap on the threshold

        Comment

        Working...