X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • James Hutchins
    replied
    Re: Thank You for Having Me

    Originally posted by ElizabethMueller View Post
    You can preach about how great Trump is but that doesn't put him above God like conservatives do. Want to say they don't? Look around.

    Sorry, sweetie. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

    Also, you completely avoided my question. Where was God during Obama's election, then? Oh, I know. You don't have an answer. Don't even bother trying.

    Also, I did respond to your ridiculous questions. I said I used to attend a Lutheran church and do not have a favorite Bible verse.

    Seriously? piffle off.
    Ma'am, the Church Board asks all females to stay in the MenstrHut® until Auntei Flo's visit is over and the place fumigated. It is highly inappropriate to subject LBC men to the side effects of you 'problem'.

    Leave a comment:


  • MitzaLizalor
    replied
    Re: Thank You for Having Me

    Jesus calls one as a child, another aged 100. It may be expected that many years in Him would lead to greater understanding, possibly of benefit to others, but that is not necessarily so.
    Originally posted by ElizabethMueller View Post
    I accepted Jesus as my savior when I was eight years old
    Hebrews 5:12 When for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

    Originally posted by ElizabethMueller View Post
    My views on Jesus are based on the Bible.
    Hebrews 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

    Originally posted by ElizabethMueller View Post
    I fully support gay marriage
    Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

    Jesus is God. Where in the Gospel is any retraction of the Commandment He gave us concerning the gay? Anyone basing their views about Jesus on the Bible would surely have such a reference handy because the topic is quite in the news, day after day interminably. It would be possible not to form an opinion but here we're dealing with an opinion supposedly based on The Bible yet seeming to contradict it. Which means contradicting God.

    Now it's also possible to form views about Jesus based on The Bible and conclude that He was a deluded freak or a composite fiction or even the harbinger of great evil. There are people like that in the world and they do base their views on The Bible. For them, love is completely alien to Jesus and altogether absent from either the Old or the New Testament. The Bible, they claim, catalogues an oeuvre of genocide, extortion, rape, murder and slavery on a hitherto unimaginable scale which if followed would create a living hell for all concerned except maybe a privileged elite raking in all the booty.

    So there are two choices: either The Bible is true and should be accepted on its merits or The Bible is not true and anyone claiming it is must be deluded or lying. There is a Jesus in both cases. How can we understand His position on homoerotic attraction other than by reading The Bible? And if our own opinions contradict The Bible which should we discard? The source we disagree with? Or the position we've formulated for ourselves.

    You can't have both.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dana723
    replied
    Re: Thank You for Having Me

    28 and no kids? Why, by the time I was 28, I had been married and had four strapping young lads, all eager and ready to serve our Lord! Number five didn't come until I was 30 and I thought he was menopause.

    Leave a comment:


  • BrotherLarry
    replied
    Re: Thank You for Having Me

    Originally posted by Jim C. Lombardo View Post
    I'm 62. Jesus has blessed me with youthful attributes mercifully unbesmirched by my prior Godless habits before life at Landover. Thank you for noticing.
    Brother Jim,

    I noticed.


    BrotherLarry

    Leave a comment:


  • Jim C. Lombardo
    replied
    Re: Thank You for Having Me

    Originally posted by Vengeance Puriel View Post
    I thought you were younger honestly.


    I'm 62. Jesus has blessed me with youthful attributes mercifully unbesmirched by my prior Godless habits before life at Landover. Thank you for noticing.

    Leave a comment:


  • Thomas Taylor
    replied
    Re: Thank You for Having Me

    Hello Elizabeth,

    Welcome to the friendly forums. Are you by any chance related to Heinrich Mueller? I met him many years ago in Berlin and found him to be a very interesting person. He told me a lot of very funny stories about his old job.


    Anyway, on to more important things. I see from your introduction that you are a Lutheran. My dear, that is just like being a Catholic. Why not just take the time to listen to the sound advice being given by the True Christian folk of Landover and see how it changes your life. It worked for me.


    YIC
    TT

    Leave a comment:


  • Vengeance Puriel
    replied
    Re: Thank You for Having Me

    Originally posted by Jim C. Lombardo View Post
    I misread that as farts. Old eyes, I'm pushing 70, you understand.
    I thought you were younger honestly.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jim C. Lombardo
    replied
    Re: Thank You for Having Me

    I misread that as farts. Old eyes, I'm pushing 70, you understand.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vengeance Puriel
    replied
    Re: Thank You for Having Me

    Originally posted by Vengeance Puriel View Post
    You cant be saved if you don't believe it follow the whole Bible, not Parts that makes sense.
    sorry I mispelled parts

    Leave a comment:


  • Vengeance Puriel
    replied
    Re: Thank You for Having Me

    You cant be saved if you don't believe it follow the whole Bible, not Pat's that makes sense.

    Leave a comment:


  • Faith_Machine
    replied
    Re: Thank You for Having Me

    Miss Mueller,

    I noticed you said your views on Jesus are based on the Bible, yet, in the same breath, you claimed Revelation is a giant ball of bull****.


    So, you're claiming the Bible is unreliable? If that's true, then how can you claim to have used that unreliable source to form accurate opinions about Jesus?


    You're contradicting yourself, old girl.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jim C. Lombardo
    replied
    Re: Thank You for Having Me

    Originally posted by ElizabethMueller View Post
    - I am firmly pro-choice
    Dear Elizabeth,

    When I saw your introduction title, I was expecting a heart-warming thank you to your parents for not having you aborted in a bloody heap. It saddens me to see you take the position of murderous pro-choicers.

    I bet you also chose Sir Hilary over Godly President Trump, didn't you? I will pray for you.

    Leave a comment:


  • MitzaLizalor
    replied
    Re: Thank You for Having Me

    So in that paradigm, where The Bible is a history book (or library of books) but unreliable about Jesus for instance concerning the number of people He's promised to kill, who created the universe?

    Leave a comment:


  • Basilissa
    replied
    Re: Thank You for Having Me

    Originally posted by ElizabethMueller View Post
    Actually, I used to be just like you--completely enraptured in hatred, cruelty, and everything un-Jesus like imaginable. I thank God every day that I changed.
    Hello and to our Godly forum, sweetie!

    I must admit that your babbling is giving me a headache. How is following what Jesus said, and behaving the way Jesus behaved, "un-Jesus like?" Please help me understand.

    Originally posted by ElizabethMueller View Post
    My views on Jesus are based on the Bible.

    I hope you know all the verses you quoted were written by men. That's means that are no more authoritative than a Tolkien novel. Because men are not infallible. The Bible is a history book, nothing more. Or more like a history library, really.
    Wait, wait, you are confusing me even more now. So the Bible is not infallible, it's just a novel, yet you trust it regarding your views on Jesus?

    But, but, but if the Bible is just a novel (your words, not mine), what is your proof that Jesus is not just a character out of a novel, then?

    You want to spread the message of Jesus? Fine, then spread love. You know, like Jesus commanded.
    But we do, honey. That's why we created and maintain this website, to spread the Love of Jesus just the way He wants it.

    Originally posted by ElizabethMueller View Post
    One thing that is constantly consistent, though, is the character of Jesus. He is always loving, empathetic, and welcoming.
    Uh, I don't think we read the same Bible, sweetie. According to the Gospels, Jesus is mean and xenophobic. You can check out the links in my signature if you don't remember the Gospels for yourself.

    Do you know how ridiculous you sounds when you say Jesus inspired the Bible? Jesus wasn't even in existence when much of the Bible was written.
    Yep, you certainly did not read the Bible. Jesus is God. He is an immortal Being who decided to be born and die for a day and a half (more like a few milliseconds from His point of view) so that only the people who follow Him go to Heaven while the rest roasts in Hell forever and ever.

    Isn't God great, to allow a tiny portion of humanity to be Saved while the rest will be tormented for eternity?

    John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

    Originally posted by ElizabethMueller View Post
    Also, know that this site is now on my radar and I am going to do everything in my power to get it shut down.
    Ever heard of freedom of speech, sweetie? It's in that other document you probably claim to have read but didn't.

    Leave a comment:


  • MitzaLizalor
    replied
    Re: Thank You for Having Me

    Originally posted by ElizabethMueller View Post
    My views on Jesus are based on the Bible.
    No they're not. Have you read The Bible? How should idolators be received, for instance. Tree worshippers. Hallucinating flying-saucer buffs. Respected?

    Over to you..

    Leave a comment:

Working...