X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pastor Ezekiel
    replied
    Re: Hi.

    Originally posted by Brother Temperance View Post
    That's what I don't get. Your little wicker buddies with their made-up gods - are the gods they worship real or not? If they're not real, then aren't your deluded friends just wasting their time? If they are real, then why don't you worship them? You don't choose a God, God chooses you. Or else He chooses to send you strong delusion, so He has an excuse to kick you into eternal hellfire.
    Praise Jesus, I couldn't agree more! Thank God I worship the one true God who DOES send us delusions when He sees fit. GLORY!!

    God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned.--2 Th.2:11-12

    Leave a comment:


  • Brother Temperance
    replied
    Re: Hi.

    Originally posted by Ohnn View Post
    as for onyourknees, i can understand, but it's not like i was talking about you in particular. i was taking about all you guys in general...
    Great, so you practise bigotry against an entire group of people, rather than just one individual? That makes it so much better.
    Now, I've got something I want to discuss with the mongoloid who thinks she's a witch:
    Originally posted by Ritalin Casualty
    I found a religion that best suited me for what I believed in. In fact, if not for the fact that I do indeed believe in a higher power of some sort, I would not believe in religion at all.
    Now, that's the thing: you can't pick and choose religion depending on what you'd like. Either God is real or he isn't. The whole point of a higher power is that they're higher than humans. So are all faiths other than yours bogus? If not, and our faith is valid, why aren't you following it?
    Originally posted by Amphetamine Psychosis
    There are hundreds of Gods and Goddesses openly worshipped by Wiccan believers. Those who choose to become Wiccan are able to decide which God or Goddess they will decide to worship wholly.
    That's what I don't get. Your little wicker buddies with their made-up gods - are the gods they worship real or not? If they're not real, then aren't your deluded friends just wasting their time? If they are real, then why don't you worship them? You don't choose a God, God chooses you. Or else He chooses to send you strong delusion, so He has an excuse to kick you into eternal hellfire.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ohnn
    replied
    Re: Hi.

    as for onyourknees, i can understand, but it's not like i was talking about you in particular. i was taking about all you guys in general...

    Leave a comment:


  • Ohnn
    replied
    Re: Hi.

    I've twisted nothing.

    This woman came in with lies and insults, and I pointed it out.

    She said she practiced Wicca, which was invented in 1954. Then she said she practiced "Paleo-Paganism" instead.

    She claimed offense at discrimination and intolerance, then stated that she came here to laugh at us, the "Jesusfreaks".

    What of her statements have I twisted?
    i repeat... kynar.. please be careful. =D

    Leave a comment:


  • OnYourKnees
    replied
    Re: Hi.

    Originally posted by Ohnn View Post
    kynar, i think you should be a bit more careful because they'll twist whatever you say until it satifies their purpose/intentions....
    I've twisted nothing.

    This woman came in with lies and insults, and I pointed it out.

    She said she practiced Wicca, which was invented in 1954. Then she said she practiced "Paleo-Paganism" instead.

    She claimed offense at discrimination and intolerance, then stated that she came here to laugh at us, the "Jesusfreaks".

    What of her statements have I twisted?

    Leave a comment:


  • WickedWitch
    replied
    Re: Hi.

    I love that you catch on so quickly! *Gives Ohnn another cookie* I'm sorry, Landoverites, but I've taken this one from your clutchesgentle and caring hands! Mwua ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaa!

    Leave a comment:


  • Ohnn
    replied
    Re: Hi.

    kynar, i think you should be a bit more careful because they'll twist whatever you say until it satifies their purpose/intentions....

    Leave a comment:


  • Mrs. Mary Whitford
    replied
    Re: Hi.

    Originally posted by adhdparanoia View Post
    Whatever the case, and whatever you feel for my beliefs and my decisions are unimportant. I couldn't care less. I am merely here for the amusement that comes with Jesusfreaks.
    God warned us that we would be persecuted for believing His Holy Word, and sure enough here is yet another unsaved heathen persecuting us like there's no tomorrow (and there just might be no tomorrow, so you'd better stop hating the Saved, get right with God, and join our blessed ranks).
    And to think that Jesus temporarily gave His life for these ungrateful wretches.

    Leave a comment:


  • OnYourKnees
    replied
    Re: Hi.

    Originally posted by adhdparanoia View Post
    Hi, I'm adhdparanoia, but you can call me Kynar. I am a worshipper of Isis and I practice under the Wiccan religion.

    I find it hard to believe that people could be so overtly discriminatory against other people just because of certain belief or sex.
    Originally posted by adhdparanoia View Post
    Honestly I could care less of what you say.


    That is Neo-Paganism, good sir. I was speaking of Paleo-Paganism, which has been around for much longer.

    I am merely here for the amusement that comes with Jesusfreaks.
    So now you have lied (first you practice Wicca, which is, as you say, Neo-Paganism; then you practice some form of Paleo-Paganism, which has no recorded foundations) and demonstrated your intolerance and discrimination, by saying that you are here to laugh at "Jesusfreaks".

    You, miss, are a hypocrite and a liar. Do you think that God (or your Isis, for that matter) would want to be surrounded by hypocrites and liars like you?

    Sadly, you can't even lie well. You've exposed yourself for the deceitful bigot you are in the space of three posts and under an hour.

    Now, you've come here to be entertained, apparently. I'm sorry, but we're not here to put on a show for your amusement, or for you to mock in your sick, cynical ways.

    We are here to share the truth of what the Bible says, and who God and Jesus are, as demonstrated in the Bible. If you have no interest in such subjects, there is no reason for you to be here.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Al E Pistle
    replied
    Re: Hi.

    Originally posted by adhdparanoia View Post
    Honestly I could care less of what you say.

    You would rather make up a religion in your head and believe that you must be right? I hope you never have any children.

    That is Neo-Paganism, good sir. I was speaking of Paleo-Paganism, which has been around for much longer.

    You were speaking of wicca. Go read your own post.

    I am crap? I'd have thought it would have been a lot more interesting for you to call me shit, but of course, Christians do not cuss, right? Whatever the case, and whatever you feel for my beliefs and my decisions are unimportant. I couldn't care less. I am merely here for the amusement that comes with Jesusfreaks.
    Burning in HELL will be much less amusing than you think.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bobby-Joe
    replied
    Re: Hi.

    Originally posted by another blow hard pagan
    That is Neo-Paganism, good sir. I was speaking of Paleo-Paganism, which has been around for much longer.
    Which was utterly destroyed by Christianity as God commands in the Medieval period. Your claim to follow the Cult of Isis as practiced in the ancient period is utterly ludicrous since there is no record of the cult’s ceremonies beyond a parody of it in the book The Golden Ass

    Or do you base your faith on a 2,000 year old joke?

    Leave a comment:


  • adhdparanoia
    replied
    Re: Hi.

    Honestly I could care less of what you say.

    I'm sorry, I was mistaken. Wicca has been around since 1954.
    That is Neo-Paganism, good sir. I was speaking of Paleo-Paganism, which has been around for much longer.

    I am crap? I'd have thought it would have been a lot more interesting for you to call me shit, but of course, Christians do not cuss, right? Whatever the case, and whatever you feel for my beliefs and my decisions are unimportant. I couldn't care less. I am merely here for the amusement that comes with Jesusfreaks.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bobby-Joe
    replied
    Re: Hi.

    Originally posted by adhdparanoia View Post
    No, I have not read the bible. Why? Because it has been translated by people that are not Godly nor perfect, and thus is undoubtedly bias by all means.

    Friend,

    If you are a Christian, like I am, you must belive God is active in this world, all knowing and perfect. So say His message to His creation was mistranslated by mere petty humans is to say God is not what a Christian belives.

    Now can you see what you just said is a bigoted, vicious attack on Christianity? Or are you just to much of a puffed up, self centered toad of a wicker to see this girl?

    Leave a comment:


  • OnYourKnees
    replied
    Re: Hi.

    Originally posted by adhdparanoia View Post
    No, I have not read the bible. Why? Because it has been translated by people that are not Godly nor perfect, and thus is undoubtedly bias by all means.

    I do not follow a book. I found a religion that best suited me for what I believed in. In fact, if not for the fact that I do indeed believe in a higher power of some sort, I would not believe in religion at all.

    And for your information, the Wiccan religion started out as Paganism and existed well before Christianity. Oh, and one more thing. Your precious Christianity? Guess what religion it branched out from. Paganism.
    How do you know what the Bible says, when you haven't read it?

    I'm sorry, I was mistaken. Wicca has been around since 1954. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicca

    It was first popularised in 1954 by a British civil servant named Gerald Gardner[1] after the British Witchcraft Act was repealed. He claimed that the religion, of which he was an initiate, was a modern survival of an old witchcraft religion, which had existed in secret for hundreds of years, originating in the pre-Christian Paganism of Europe. Wicca is thus sometimes referred to as the Old Religion. The veracity of Gardner's claims cannot be independently proven, and it is thought that written Wiccan theology began to be compiled no earlier than the 1920s.
    Yepper, some guy made it up in the 1950s, claiming that it was an ancient religion, yet having no evidence of it. Kinda like Joseph Smith with the Book of Mormon, eh?

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Al E Pistle
    replied
    Re: Hi.

    Originally posted by adhdparanoia View Post
    And for your information, the Wiccan religion started out as Paganism and existed well before Christianity. Oh, and one more thing. Your precious Christianity? Guess what religion it branched out from. Paganism.
    No it didn't. Wicca was founded by the English civil servant and amateur anthropologist Gerald Gardner (1884-1964); he claimed he came into contact with a group of 'witches' and was initiated into Wicca by someone called "Old Dorothy" who, according to him, was continuing an unbroken line of pre-Christian nature religion. He says he just polished up and organized a bit the original rituals and teachings. The story is without much doubt mostly (although perhaps not entirely) made up to give legitimacy to his own ideas.

    Wicca as Gardner presented it was a mixup of western esoteric traditions
    (Golden Dawn, Masonry etc), Celtic and Germanic mythology and reconstructions of their religions ideas based on ancient written sources, surviving folk-lore, the theories of the anthropologist Margaret Murray, Charles Leland's _Aradia_, and so forth.

    In 1953, GBG initiated Doreen Valiente, who soon began rewriting substantial parts of the Book of Shadows. She was influenced by Robert Graves' _The White Goddess_, and that became the fundamental theology of Wicca for a few decades. As far as I can tell, it is still the fundamental theology for all of Gardnerian Wicca (including the Alexandrians). Valiente, who had read some of Crowley's published work, intentionally replaced the parts of the BoS that were taken from Crowley. (Well, most of them...there are still a couple quotes she left in place.)
    This is also based on Valiente's own statements about her role as well as some reading of Crowley, Murray, the _Oxford English Dictionary_, etc.

    It's all crap and so are you.

    Leave a comment:

Working...