X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • AugustBurnsRed
    Unsaved trash
    Under Investigation
    • Sep 2009
    • 16

    #1

    Hello.

    Hello, I'm new from the UK, on here looking to learn more about my faith and christianity as a whole.

    I'm looking for some help on what music is ok to listen to.

    I like all types of music but like metal best. Are christian metal bands ok to listen too? The ones I've listened too don't sing about satan or any anti-christian themes as far as I can tell.
  • Pastor Ezekiel
    Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study
     
    • Sep 2006
    • 78556

    #2
    Re: Hello.

    Originally posted by AugustBurnsRed View Post
    Hello, I'm new from the UK, on here looking to learn more about my faith and christianity as a whole.

    I'm looking for some help on what music is ok to listen to.

    I like all types of music but like metal best. Are christian metal bands ok to listen too? The ones I've listened too don't sing about satan or any anti-christian themes as far as I can tell.
    The introduction forum is for introducing yourself. Please tell us about yourself, your family, the church you attend, and so on. How old are you?

    FYI, words like "Christian" are properly capitalized.

    To learn about our church doctrines, please take a look at THIS.
    Who Will Jesus Damn?

    Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

    Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

    Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

    Comment

    • James Hutchins
      True Christian™
      Just a Regular Nice Guy
       
      • Jun 2009
      • 29457

      #3
      Re: Hello.

      A brit, eh?
      Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
      Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
      Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
      Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
      Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
      Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

      Comment

      • HTannor
        America's Most Fair and Balanced Judge
        True Christian™
        • Jun 2009
        • 2612

        #4
        Re: Hello.

        I picked up on that as well, Brother James.



        Pastor Zeke: When are we going to get the "Gaydar" installed on the registration screen?
        The Honorable HTannor (Pro NRA, Anti-Homer Marriage), Judge, Freehold Supreme Court

        "Credo elvem etiam vivere"

        Comment

        • Nobar King
          Municipal Code Archivist - Deuteronomy 28:58
          Christ's Guardian
          True Christian™
          • Sep 2007
          • 23748

          #5
          Re: Hello.

          Read some other threads about that heavy metal noise.
          May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

          Comment

          • Soul Salvation
            Unsaved trash, Godmocking smartmouth
            • Sep 2009
            • 21

            #6
            Re: Hello.

            The attitude towards the British here fails. Wecome August, and you can listen to whatever music you want to listen to. Don't be influenced by other people, only by yourself.
            Oh no. They're going to ban me. How will I live my life from now on?

            Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table. The only element he needs is the element of surprise XD

            Comment

            • Pastor Ezekiel
              Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study
               
              • Sep 2006
              • 78556

              #7
              Re: Hello.

              Originally posted by Soul Salvation View Post
              The attitude towards the British here fails. Wecome August, and you can listen to whatever music you want to listen to. Don't be influenced by other people, only by yourself.
              More bad advice from a Godmocking brit.

              He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.
              Proverbs 28:26
              Who Will Jesus Damn?

              Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

              Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

              Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

              Comment

              • AugustBurnsRed
                Unsaved trash
                Under Investigation
                • Sep 2009
                • 16

                #8
                Re: Hello.

                Sorry for long delay in replies but my internet has been messing up recently. In answer to your questions.

                My name is David, I'm 21, I attend, but recently haven't been as much as I'd have like too the Providence Baptist Church, in Ebbw Vale. I'm one of four children two brothers and a sister (I'm the 3rd child). My family is a pretty average middle class family trying to work hard etc.

                That's about all I can think of at the moment.

                Comment

                • Robert Hutchins
                  Forum Member
                  Forum Member
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 210

                  #9
                  Re: Hello.

                  Don't lie to us. We know nobody works hard in that Socialist hellhole.

                  And what is with your username?
                  Cling to your guns and religion. "Change" is here.

                  Comment

                  • HTannor
                    America's Most Fair and Balanced Judge
                    True Christian™
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 2612

                    #10
                    Re: Hello.

                    Originally posted by AugustBurnsRed View Post
                    the Providence Baptist Church, in Ebbw Vale.
                    .

                    Ebbw Vale? Is that the name of a town?

                    I just can't understand how a town can be named like that. What's the matter with giving the place a real name.

                    Like Smallville?

                    Or Gotham City?

                    Maybe Cedar Rapids?

                    but Ebbw Vale............... how sad.
                    The Honorable HTannor (Pro NRA, Anti-Homer Marriage), Judge, Freehold Supreme Court

                    "Credo elvem etiam vivere"

                    Comment

                    • AugustBurnsRed
                      Unsaved trash
                      Under Investigation
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 16

                      #11
                      Re: Hello.

                      Originally posted by HTannor View Post
                      Ebbw Vale? Is that the name of a town?
                      Yes. It's a small town in South Wales.

                      Comment

                      • Mrs. Mary Whitford
                        Ladies of Landover Senior VP
                        One of the Truest Christians™ Ever
                        Mama Grizzly and formerly Sister Mary Maria
                        True Christian™
                        • Dec 2006
                        • 12414

                        #12
                        Re: Hello.

                        Originally posted by AugustBurnsRed View Post
                        Yes. It's a small town in South Wales.
                        Now you're just making up place names! Is that supposed to be a state or something?
                        Posted via Prayer

                        1 Timothy 2:13-15 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
                        Bearing my husband's heirs and being SAVED!

                        Blogging for CHRIST!
                        Witnessing for GOD on YouTube!
                        All a-Twitter for Salvation!
                        Bringing Jesus to MySpace!
                        On FIRE for the Lord on Facebook!
                        My Ladies of Landover profile!

                        Comment

                        • AugustBurnsRed
                          Unsaved trash
                          Under Investigation
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 16

                          #13
                          Re: Hello.

                          Ebbw Vale means, the vale of the river Ebbw, in Welsh the name of the town is Glyn Ebbw. Wales is part of the UK, a principality to be exact, with about 3 million population.

                          And in answer to the question about my username, it is the name of an American Christian band.

                          Comment

                          • Pastor Ezekiel
                            Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study
                             
                            • Sep 2006
                            • 78556

                            #14
                            Re: Hello.

                            Originally posted by AugustBurnsRed View Post
                            Sorry for long delay in replies but my internet has been messing up recently. In answer to your questions.

                            My name is David, I'm 21, I attend, but recently haven't been as much as I'd have like too the Providence Baptist Church, in Ebbw Vale. I'm one of four children two brothers and a sister (I'm the 3rd child). My family is a pretty average middle class family trying to work hard etc.

                            That's about all I can think of at the moment.
                            That's one of those third world towns where carrier pigeons work faster than your internet, right? I think I read about that.

                            Why do you suppose Jesus is punishing you by sticking you in such an unpronouncable hellhole? What sins have you been wallowing in? Do you wear a skirt and play godawful screechmusic by blowing on goatskins?
                            Who Will Jesus Damn?

                            Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

                            Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

                            Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

                            Comment

                            • AugustBurnsRed
                              Unsaved trash
                              Under Investigation
                              • Sep 2009
                              • 16

                              #15
                              Re: Hello.

                              Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
                              That's one of those third world towns where carrier pigeons work faster than your internet, right? I think I read about that.

                              Why do you suppose Jesus is punishing you by sticking you in such an unpronouncable hellhole? What sins have you been wallowing in? Do you wear a skirt and play godawful screechmusic by blowing on goatskins?
                              That is probably true about the internet, the wireless here isn't brilliant. I've never thought it hard to pronounce, although I have lived here all my life.

                              The Scottish are the ones that were skirts (kilts) and play bagpipes.

                              Comment

                              Working...