X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ms. Fits
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Originally posted by Nobar King View Post
    I hope you're not referring to another notorious punk rock music band.
    I don't know what you're talking about. I thought my "All glory to the Landover Baptist Church" showed that my conformity to the expected behavior on this forum is not corroding, but rather being built-up in His Holy Name.

    Kind Love,
    Ms. Fits

    Leave a comment:


  • StarrKingGrad
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Originally posted by Levi Jones View Post


    Let's examine what Jesus said about it in Matthew, since you put preference on what He says.

    Matthew 5:17
    Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

    You don't get to pick and choose. Every word, unless where specifically overturned by the later texts in the OT or the NT.
    Mr. Jones, it's interesting that you point out that Jesus said he came not to destroy, but to fulfill, the law. Galatians 3:13 tells us that "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law." Why would Jesus want to fulfill something that is a curse, or redeem people from something that he came to fulfill?

    Leave a comment:


  • Nobar King
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Originally posted by Ms. Fits View Post
    I've been involed in the CoC for a long time
    I hope you're not referring to another notorious punk rock music band.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ms. Fits
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
    Uh, there's a little more to it than that. The Methodless are false Christians who allow women and queers to be "pastors."

    You'd better stop debating and start showing some respect for God's favorite Church if you want to retain your posting privileges lady.

    All glory to the Landover Baptist Church!

    Love,
    Ms. Fits

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Ezekiel
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Originally posted by Ms. Fits View Post
    Abilene Christian University is a bastian of Truth. People from west Texas should be so lucky to have it.

    What is the difference between a baptist and methodist? The spelling.

    In His Love,
    Ms. Fits
    Uh, there's a little more to it than that. The Methodless are false Christians who allow women and queers to be "pastors."

    You'd better stop debating and start showing some respect for God's favorite Church if you want to retain your posting privileges lady.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ms. Fits
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Originally posted by Levi Jones View Post
    Half of my family fell to that cult. It was hostile on Holidays between the Baptists and COC'ers.

    Many of my cousins were part of the coc. They would take me to their churches and they were great guys. It was my father who had the strength to keep us away from it and our Pastor showing us in the Word that it wasn't the True© way.

    It was a problem in West Texas during my time. It doesn't mean I can't still play dominoes with them (cards are evil). I just don't believe like they do.

    Many of my family are alums of Abilene Christian University. I hear they have a pool table there now . My sister and I went to Hardin-Simmons.
    Abilene Christian University is a bastian of Truth. People from west Texas should be so lucky to have it.

    What is the difference between a baptist and methodist? The spelling.

    In His Love,
    Ms. Fits

    Leave a comment:


  • Ms. Fits
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    [QUOTE=Heathen_Basher;399359]

    If you are going to be that literal, are you drinking from the exact same cup Jesus used? If not then it's not "this cup" but "that cup"

    QUOTE]

    It is true that we don't have "the" cup. But we must obey as closely to the first century church as we can. Introducing innovations such as a plurality of cups is of man, not of God. I bet you don't even take communion in an upper room.

    The baptists also believe in Sunday school ... not found in scripture. In fact God's word tells us plainly to not split up into groups.
    Now I beseech you...that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment." 1 Corinthians 1:10

    I've also heard that you pay your pastors. How convienant, no? This leads to the pastor being led by the purse-strings of the congregation. If you don't like what the preacher or paster says.. you can fire him so satisfy your itching ears:

    For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
    2 Timothy 4:3

    I ask you to think about how closely you follow God's word.

    Ms. Fits

    Leave a comment:


  • Meek and Humble
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Originally posted by Ms. Fits View Post
    I understand. I've been involed in the CoC for a long time and they do make a compelling argument that they are the True Church. I hear that Baptists don't take communion every week. We're told that the new testament church met every first day to partake in His rememberance.
    The Bible has no commands as to when communion should be held. It's not a ritual. But it should not be done so often that it becomes routine and senseless.

    1 Corinthians 11: 26For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

    27Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
    28But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

    Also, how do to explain how the baptists use more than one cup for communion? Jesus said "This cup".. not "These cups". Does it not matter when we receive a direct command from our God?
    If you are going to be that literal, are you drinking from the exact same cup Jesus used? If not then it's not "this cup" but "that cup"

    And where is my Holy Kiss?
    Kiss the Son.

    Psalm 2: 12Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

    Kind Love,
    Ms. Fits

    2 John 1: 9Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
    10If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: 11For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ms. Fits
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Originally posted by Levi Jones View Post
    Half of my family fell to that cult. It was hostile on Holidays between the Baptists and COC'ers.

    Many of my cousins were part of the coc. They would take me to their churches and they were great guys. It was my father who had the strength to keep us away from it and our Pastor showing us in the Word that it wasn't the True© way.

    It was a problem in West Texas during my time. It doesn't mean I can't still play dominoes with them (cards are evil). I just don't believe like they do.

    Many of my family are alums of Abilene Christian University. I hear they have a pool table there now . My sister and I went to Hardin-Simmons.
    I understand. I've been involed in the CoC for a long time and they do make a compelling argument that they are the True Church. I hear that Baptists don't take communion every week. We're told that the new testament church met every first day to partake in His rememberance.

    Also, how do to explain how the baptists use more than one cup for communion? Jesus said "This cup".. not "These cups". Does it not matter when we receive a direct command from our God?

    And where is my Holy Kiss?

    Kind Love,
    Ms. Fits

    Leave a comment:


  • Ms. Fits
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Originally posted by Nobar King View Post
    I cannot reconcile this user's 'handle' from the name of that disgusting band. That's all.
    As long as God is OK with it, it does not matter what you think. As a caring person, I do however want you us to get along. Can I ask you to get past my handle so we can be in harmony?

    Leave a comment:


  • Levi Jones
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Originally posted by Ms. Fits View Post
    How did the Church of Christ tempt you? How were you able to overcome it?
    Half of my family fell to that cult. It was hostile on Holidays between the Baptists and COC'ers.

    Many of my cousins were part of the coc. They would take me to their churches and they were great guys. It was my father who had the strength to keep us away from it and our Pastor showing us in the Word that it wasn't the True© way.

    It was a problem in West Texas during my time. It doesn't mean I can't still play dominoes with them (cards are evil). I just don't believe like they do.

    Many of my family are alums of Abilene Christian University. I hear they have a pool table there now . My sister and I went to Hardin-Simmons.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ms. Fits
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Originally posted by Levi Jones View Post




    Let's examine what Jesus said about it in Matthew, since you put preference on what He says.

    Matthew 5:17
    Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

    You don't get to pick and choose. Every word, unless where specifically overturned by the later texts in the OT or the NT.

    Come on. Let one of our Pastors cast that demon of unsurity out of you! Be free of the demonic influence of the church of christ! I was tempted by it, but I remained a faithful Baptist.
    How did the Church of Christ tempt you? How were you able to overcome it?

    Leave a comment:


  • Nobar King
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    I cannot reconcile this user's 'handle' from the name of that disgusting band. That's all.

    Leave a comment:


  • Levi Jones
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Originally posted by Ms. Fits View Post
    The old testament hinted at it: Jer. 31:31-33


    Originally posted by Ms. Fits View Post
    Hebrews 7 confirms it:
    12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
    18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness, 19 for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is thebringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
    22 by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.

    Let's examine what Jesus said about it in Matthew, since you put preference on what He says.

    Matthew 5:17

    Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

    You don't get to pick and choose. Every word, unless where specifically overturned by the later texts in the OT or the NT.

    Come on. Let one of our Pastors cast that demon of unsurity out of you! Be free of the demonic influence of the church of christ! I was tempted by it, but I remained a faithful Baptist.

    Leave a comment:


  • Levi Jones
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Originally posted by Ms. Fits View Post
    When is the last time you brought a blood sacrifice to the Temple?
    That rule was changed.

    1st Corinthians 10:20
    But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

    Hebrews 9:26
    For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

    Leave a comment:

Working...