X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AlwaysBeen
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Since I know that this is going to be veiwed by a moderator before it's approved...I'll just let the moderator (whoever they may be) that they are fighting for a lost cause. You cannot save everyone, you cannot change somebodys race and you certainly can't have a very high opinion of yourself if you're on a site dedicated to nancy boys that are afraid of change, variety and probably the entire human race. So, dear moderator, have one last thought...suicide.

    It's the easy way out...at least the easy way out of the shit you've gotten yourself into by joining this site.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dr. Warren Wierdsbe
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Originally posted by Ms. Fits View Post
    A thoughtful response that I will address in the near future. Thank you.

    Kind Love,
    Ms. Fits

    Ms. Seizures,
    I still await a solid discussion of the nature of Salvation(R) and righteousness. I hope you are prepared to support your arguments with the AV1611 King James Bible.

    In Christ,
    Warren

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Ezekiel
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Originally posted by Ms. Fits View Post
    He loves me as himself.

    Kind Regards,
    Ms. Fits
    Then he's obviously not a Christian man. That explains why you're so mouthy.

    1 Timothy 2:11-15
    Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing.

    1 Peter 3:1
    Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ms. Fits
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Originally posted by Vavoline Johnson View Post
    Seem like I might be readin between da lines here but do I detect another Joo-hater tryin to disguise her-self under da wraps of a angry lesbean

    Why yo son be sleepin wif anybody da not his wife an since when do Lesbeans have kids, anyways?
    Just cause you and Levitra ...

    With His Love,
    Ms. Fits

    Leave a comment:


  • Ms. Fits
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
    That has been obvious from your first post.

    How often does your husband have to discipline you?

    He loves me as himself.

    Kind Regards,
    Ms. Fits

    Leave a comment:


  • Brother Temperance
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Originally posted by Ms. Fits View Post
    My son had no idea why Lot's daughters slept with him... I'm still at a loss.. Maybe Lot was tired of the hamster salt-lick wife. Who can understand the mysteries of God?
    Have you actually read the passage in question? It explains exactly why Lot's daughters slept with him:
    Genesis 19:31 And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father is old, and there is not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth:
    32 Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

    If you mean why Lot slept with his daughters, it's because he was too drunk to tell what was happening (both verses 33 and 35 tell us that "and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose".) You've mentioned that you get drunk a lot. Have you ever drunkenly fornicated with one of your children? Be honest.
    Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
    I'll bet your husband beats you every day.
    I'll bet he never beats her. She wouldn't be nearly so uppity if she had a responsible man in her life.
    Originally posted by Levi Jones View Post
    Half of my family fell to that cult. It was hostile on Holidays between the Baptists and COC'ers.

    Many of my cousins were part of the coc.
    They really could have chosen a name with a less obscene-sounding acronym.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vavoline Johnson
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Originally posted by Ms. Fits View Post
    snip

    If Jesus spent his life training up 12 apostles, why did he seem it needed to pick some Christian-killer (Paul) to carry on his work. I think the words of Jesus carry more weight than those of a hallucinating man on the road to Damascus.
    Seem like I might be readin between da lines here but do I detect another Joo-hater tryin to disguise her-self under da wraps of a angry lesbean

    My son had no idea why Lot's daughters slept with him... I'm still at a loss.. Maybe Lot was tired of the hamster salt-lick wife. Who can understand the mysteries of God?

    Be Gentle with Kind Love,
    Ms. Fits
    Why yo son be sleepin wif anybody da not his wife an since when do Lesbeans have kids, anyways?

    Leave a comment:


  • Brother V
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Originally posted by Ms. Fits View Post
    At first I laughed at this.. but the more I think about, I cannot disagree. Thank you for the point-of-view. It is a breath of fresh air.

    Maybe I'm caught up in legalism.. trying to follow the pattern of the first century church too closely. That is, maybe I'm too focused on following the letter of scripture and not the spirit of it.

    I'm confused now...

    In His Kind Love,
    Ms. Fits
    Legalism, that's the thing that Jesus came to fight against. When one wants to follow the LORD, following the law becomes an easy thing. You won't have to work to make sure that everything you do is right, it just will be.

    How can one sin who is filled with the Holy Spirit?

    If you have to work hard to follow the letter of the law, then do you really think you are filled with the Spirit?

    When you fully give yourself to Christ, following the law comes naturally.

    YIC
    V

    Leave a comment:


  • James Hutchins
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Originally posted by Ms. Fits View Post
    At first I laughed at this.. but the more I think about, I cannot disagree. Thank you for the point-of-view. It is a breath of fresh air.

    Maybe I'm caught up in legalism.. trying to follow the pattern of the first century church too closely. That is, maybe I'm too focused on following the letter of scripture and not the spirit of it.

    I'm confused now...

    In His Kind Love,
    Ms. Fits
    Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
    That has been obvious from your first post.

    How often does your husband have to discipline you?
    My thoughts exactly. An empty headed woman who shows signs of being bipolar. A firm husband is probably the only solution like Pastor Zeke states.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Ezekiel
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Originally posted by Ms. Fits View Post
    I'm confused now...

    In His Kind Love,
    Ms. Fits
    That has been obvious from your first post.

    How often does your husband have to discipline you?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ms. Fits
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Originally posted by Heathen_Basher View Post
    [/FONT]

    Do you also require only thirteen people be present?
    At first I laughed at this.. but the more I think about, I cannot disagree. Thank you for the point-of-view. It is a breath of fresh air.

    Maybe I'm caught up in legalism.. trying to follow the pattern of the first century church too closely. That is, maybe I'm too focused on following the letter of scripture and not the spirit of it.

    I'm confused now...

    In His Kind Love,
    Ms. Fits

    Leave a comment:


  • Ms. Fits
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Originally posted by Dr. Warren Wierdsbe View Post
    Hmmf. Another Salad Bar Christian. Throughout the entire Old Testament, instrumental music is used to worship God. All kinds of instruments, as we can see here:


    The Psalms also have reference to timbrels and harps for the worship of God. So you see, you are listening to what some man told you, and not the Word of God.

    Once again we see proof texts used with no context to make a pretext. Is baptism necessary for Salvation®? I don't even need to ask you for the very few verses you use to prove this Satanic false lie.


    This is a terrible misappropriation of the word "for." Those who claim salvation through baptism falsely read this verse this way: "preaching baptism to provide the remission of sins. This does great violence to the verse. This verse actually says, "preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins." In other words, the baptism is the outward sign of the inward repentance.



    Ohhhh, this is the "big one." "Have you been born of water and of the Spirit?" the preacher asks. He assumes that the "water" here is the baptismal water. Some use a font, some use a bathtub, some get closer to the Scripture and baptize in a river. Regardless, if they consider it a means of salvation, they lie the lie of Satan and will spend eternity in HELL for the souls they led astray!!!

    Here's what this lovely passage of Scripture really says:

    You must be born again. That much we all agree on. But Nicodemus was a bit dense, and asked, "how can a man be born when he is old?
    can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?"

    The problem here, with both Nicodemus and these silly "preachers," is that they are unable to look beyond the base flesh of this world. Jesus was not talking about being born of this baptismal water and of the Spirit! Not at all! The metaphor is being "born again" or "reborn." Nicodemus was half right on this one! The first birth is the birth of water, and Jesus was referring to the mother's water that breaks at birth!

    But what makes a man righteous? I suggest you read my sermon about the Breastplate of Righteousness in my ongoing series, "Spiritual Warfare: The Whole Armor of God."

    The most recent topic is just this, what kind of righteousness do we have? Of works? or of faith? Abraham is the example in the book of Romans:


    I suggest you read the entire thing, it's an in-depth study of how True Christians™ come by their righteousness.

    In Christ,
    Warren
    A thoughtful response that I will address in the near future. Thank you.

    Kind Love,
    Ms. Fits

    Leave a comment:


  • Meek and Humble
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Originally posted by Ms. Fits View Post
    It is true that we don't have "the" cup. But we must obey as closely to the first century church as we can. Introducing innovations such as a plurality of cups is of man, not of God. I bet you don't even take communion in an upper room.


    Do you also require only thirteen people be present?


    The baptists also believe in Sunday school ... not found in scripture. In fact God's word tells us plainly to not split up into groups.
    Now I beseech you...that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment." 1 Corinthians 1:10
    The epistle is addressed to the adult members of that church. Later on in this letter, Paul writes this:

    1 Corinthians 13: 11When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.


    I've also heard that you pay your pastors. How convienant, no? This leads to the pastor being led by the purse-strings of the congregation. If you don't like what the preacher or paster says.. you can fire him so satisfy your itching ears:

    For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
    2 Timothy 4:3

    I ask you to think about how closely you follow God's word.

    Ms. Fits
    Now here's where you are wrong. Here at Landover we simply do not throw Pastors out because we don't like what they preach. We listen to everything our Pastors tell us, whether we like it or not. Not one of our members would ever dare to contradict or disagree with them on any matter, we accept all they tell us and we do all they us.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dr. Warren Wierdsbe
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Originally posted by Ms. Fits View Post
    I've researched this a bit and found that while the Baptists did participate in the American Restoration movement, the Church of Christ is not an offshoot per say.

    The Bible does not autherize instermental music in worship. We are told to sing spiritual songs. It is odd how people can miss that.

    When James says faith without deeds is dead... how else can you interpret it?
    Hmmf. Another Salad Bar Christian. Throughout the entire Old Testament, instrumental music is used to worship God. All kinds of instruments, as we can see here:
    2 Samuel 6 (AV1611 King James Bible)

    1Again, David gathered together all the chosen men of Israel, thirty thousand.
    2And David arose, and went with all the people that were with him from Baale of Judah, to bring up from thence the ark of God, whose name is called by the name of the LORD of hosts that dwelleth between the cherubims.
    3And they set the ark of God upon a new cart, and brought it out of the house of Abinadab that was in Gibeah: and Uzzah and Ahio, the sons of Abinadab, drave the new cart.
    4And they brought it out of the house of Abinadab which was at Gibeah, accompanying the ark of God: and Ahio went before the ark.
    5And David and all the house of Israel played before the LORD on all manner of instruments made of fir wood, even on harps, and on psalteries, and on timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals.
    The Psalms also have reference to timbrels and harps for the worship of God. So you see, you are listening to what some man told you, and not the Word of God.

    Once again we see proof texts used with no context to make a pretext. Is baptism necessary for Salvation(R)? I don't even need to ask you for the very few verses you use to prove this Satanic false lie.
    Luke 3

    3And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;
    This is a terrible misappropriation of the word "for." Those who claim salvation through baptism falsely read this verse this way: "preaching baptism to provide the remission of sins. This does great violence to the verse. This verse actually says, "preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins." In other words, the baptism is the outward sign of the inward repentance.

    John 3

    3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
    4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
    5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
    Ohhhh, this is the "big one." "Have you been born of water and of the Spirit?" the preacher asks. He assumes that the "water" here is the baptismal water. Some use a font, some use a bathtub, some get closer to the Scripture and baptize in a river. Regardless, if they consider it a means of salvation, they lie the lie of Satan and will spend eternity in HELL for the souls they led astray!!!

    Here's what this lovely passage of Scripture really says:

    You must be born again. That much we all agree on. But Nicodemus was a bit dense, and asked, "how can a man be born when he is old?
    can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?"

    The problem here, with both Nicodemus and these silly "preachers," is that they are unable to look beyond the base flesh of this world. Jesus was not talking about being born of this baptismal water and of the Spirit! Not at all! The metaphor is being "born again" or "reborn." Nicodemus was half right on this one! The first birth is the birth of water, and Jesus was referring to the mother's water that breaks at birth!

    But what makes a man righteous? I suggest you read my sermon about the Breastplate of Righteousness in my ongoing series, "Spiritual Warfare: The Whole Armor of God."

    The most recent topic is just this, what kind of righteousness do we have? Of works? or of faith? Abraham is the example in the book of Romans:

    Romans 4 (AV1611 King James Bible)


    Quote:
    1What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?
    2For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
    3For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

    Now what belief was it that Abraham had in God? That He is perfect? Or that He is Holy? Or that He is omnipotent? Not at all! This most important Promise that God gave Abraham was that he would be able to father children! What a blessing from God to be able to partner with God in producing little Soldiers for Christ!
    Quote:

    13
    For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
    16Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
    17(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

    18Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.
    19And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb:
    (What can we say about this? God had already indicated that Sarah's usefulness was at an end because she was barren. And yet Abraham stayed with her. Why? If she couldn't make warriors for Christ [in anticipation of Him], what good was she? Yet he stayed...a mystery)
    20He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
    21And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
    (Abraham believed God’s Promise that he would be the father of many nations.)
    22And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

    Wow! One hundred years old! What a miracle that Abraham believed God that he’d be able to get his faith up (this might be called God’s Viagra) and it was counted unto him for righteousness. The greatest thing about this was, apparently God’s Viagra opened things up for Abraham, and he was able to take more wives and bear more children even later in life!
    I suggest you read the entire thing, it's an in-depth study of how True Christians(TM) come by their righteousness.

    In Christ,
    Warren

    Leave a comment:


  • Nobar King
    replied
    Re: Hi From Tulsa!

    Close, but that's not what I was referring to. Those punk rockers do not honor Jesus, they spit in his face.

    Leave a comment:

Working...