X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pastor Isaac Peters
    replied
    Re: Hello.

    Originally posted by Macedonian View Post
    I have no scripture or anything
    What a surprise.

    but perhaps you could prove for me, that you are right and I am wrong? If your friend believes so?
    Let me give a few examples:

    Baptism: The Eastern Orthodox Church practices infant baptism, does it not? Yet Scripture teaches believers' baptism: Acts 8:36 -37: And as they went on [their] way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, [here is] water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

    Mary and the saints: Mary and the saints are not our mediators, nor are we to call Mary our blessed mother:

    Matt. 12:47-50: Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

    Luke 11:27-28: And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed [is] the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. But he said, Yea rather, blessed [are] they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

    1 Tim. 2:5: For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;


    Calling priests "Father": That's not what Jesus said to do: Matt. 23:9: And call no [man] your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nobar King
    replied
    Re: Hello.

    Originally posted by Macedonian View Post

    I am not Greek, I would rather die then be Greek.
    Hard to argue with that!

    Leave a comment:


  • Noah Dint
    replied
    Re: Hello.

    Originally posted by Macedonian View Post
    I have no scripture or anything but perhaps you could prove for me, that you are right and I am wrong? If your friend believes so?
    TRANSLATION: No, I will not prove it with scripture. I am not a person of God and do not have the resources this would take. Since this True Christian(tm) forum only accepts God's word as it is written in the Holy Bible as any form of true written law - I will not participate in it.

    However I would like you to do so when attempting to disprove me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Macedonian
    replied
    Re: Hello.

    Originally posted by Rev. Jim Osborne View Post
    As you know, I am a highly educated man with two doctorate degrees (Th.D. and D.Min) and I am very knowledgeable about the history of Greece since that area of the world is essential for understanding the Bible.

    Macedonia is Greece. It's not Athens or Sparta, but a city state to the east. Alexander the Great was Greek and he was from Macedonia (Greece). No one ever says he was Macedonian. He was Greek.

    I think during World War II Yugoslavia stole part of Greece (Macedonia) and made it a part of themselves. After the Cold War, Yugoslavia broke up and Macedonia became an independent country instead of returning to Greece.

    I just don't understand why you are so ashamed of being Greek. Okay, maybe I understand, but most of the Greek homosexuality was restricted to Athens. You shouldn't have to hide your heritage. There is nothing wrong with being Greek, friend.
    You have not learnt much. Alexander the Great's identity is debatable but two countries. Macedonia was not a city state, it was a Kingdom - different from a city state. A lot of people call him Macedonian, take authors such as Peter Green and Eugene Borza. What about this quote .. ; "... not only no Greek, nor related to the Greeks, but not even a barbarian from any place that can be named with honors, but a pestilent knave from Macedonia, whence it was never yet possible to buy a decent slave" - Demosthenes, Third Philippic, 31.(Describing Phillip II and Macedonia.). Do you know the meaning of barbarian? It make you wonder, does it not?

    1913 Treaty of Bucharest - Macedonia was divided by three countries, Serbia (Vardar Macedonia), Greece (Aegean Macedonia) and Bulgaria (Pirin Macedonia) (See Balkan Wars I and II) See here; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Bucharest_(1913). The current republic of Macedonia achieved independence through peace under Yugolavia. The current province of "Macedonia" in Greece was named in the 1980s to prevent the republic of Macedonia taking back Aegean Macedonia. I am shocked that someone who is knowledgeable about the world and it's bible that you did not know this crucial information.

    I am not Greek, I would rather die then be Greek.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rev. Jim Osborne
    replied
    Re: Hello.

    As you know, I am a highly educated man with two doctorate degrees (Th.D. and D.Min) and I am very knowledgeable about the history of Greece since that area of the world is essential for understanding the Bible.

    Macedonia is Greece. It's not Athens or Sparta, but a city state to the east. Alexander the Great was Greek and he was from Macedonia (Greece). No one ever says he was Macedonian. He was Greek.

    I think during World War II Yugoslavia stole part of Greece (Macedonia) and made it a part of themselves. After the Cold War, Yugoslavia broke up and Macedonia became an independent country instead of returning to Greece.

    I just don't understand why you are so ashamed of being Greek. Okay, maybe I understand, but most of the Greek homosexuality was restricted to Athens. You shouldn't have to hide your heritage. There is nothing wrong with being Greek, friend.

    Leave a comment:


  • Macedonian
    replied
    Re: Hello.

    Sorry for the double post.

    Originally posted by Pastor Isaac Peters View Post
    Perhaps you could prove for us, using Scripture, that you are right and we are wrong.
    I have no scripture or anything but perhaps you could prove for me, that you are right and I am wrong? If your friend believes so?


    Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
    Why are you defending him? Is he your greek boyfriend or something?
    For the last time, I am not Greek. Why is it so wrong if he was defending me? He actually telling you why I came on this forum.

    Leave a comment:


  • Macedonian
    replied
    Re: Hello.

    Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
    Well if you're not interested in converting to Christianity, why are you here, boy?
    Im sorry, I think I may have confused you.
    I am a Christian, I dont need converting.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Isaac Peters
    replied
    Re: Hello.

    Originally posted by Macedonian View Post
    I think you are being quite extreme. To tell me that my christian faith is false, I find insulting, I could say the same about you're christian faith, but I have respect and eagerness to learn more.
    Perhaps you could prove for us, using Scripture, that you are right and we are wrong.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Ezekiel
    replied
    Re: Hello.

    Originally posted by klaangen View Post
    wow you people are stupid, he came here to learn about your beliefs and you just make fun of him for not being an american, did you know christianity was created, no not in america, in europe, in matter effect, middle east...
    Why are you defending him? Is he your greek boyfriend or something?

    Anyone who wants to learn about our forum should start with our Chruch Doctrines.

    I'm still waiting for you to post your introduction thread.

    Leave a comment:


  • klaangen
    replied
    Re: Hello.

    wow you people are stupid, he came here to learn about your beliefs and you just make fun of him for not being an american, did you know christianity was created, no not in america, in europe, in matter effect, middle east...

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Ezekiel
    replied
    Re: Hello.

    Originally posted by Macedonian View Post
    Paul converted Macedonia to christianity.. not interested at all..
    Well if you're not interested in converting to Christianity, why are you here, boy?

    Leave a comment:


  • Macedonian
    replied
    Re: Hello.

    Originally posted by Noah Dint View Post
    ...and Paul was not in the least bit interested.
    Paul converted Macedonia to christianity.. not interested at all..

    Leave a comment:


  • Noah Dint
    replied
    Re: Hello.

    Originally posted by Macedonian View Post
    And a vision appeared to Paul in the night. A man of Macedonia stood and
    pleaded with him saying, “Come over to Macedonia and help us.”
    ...and Paul was not in the least bit interested.

    Leave a comment:


  • Macedonian
    replied
    Re: Hello.

    Originally posted by Capt. A. Portway View Post
    Isn't Macedonia just another name for Greece? What don't you just admit you're a Greek? Are you embarrassed by the rampant sodomy in your homeland or something? Or is it that the Turks keep kicking your countries butt all the time that has you calling yourself "Macedonian"?
    Just shows how self centred you are. You know nothing about the outside world.

    No, Im not Greek, nor would I ever consider myself a Greek. I think you're quite confused.
    Although you and I do share the same political views.

    Originally posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
    Horrid... yeah, sure it's beautiful...
    And you've been there?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ezekiel Bathfire
    replied
    Re: Hello.

    Originally posted by Macedonian View Post
    You should visit one day, go to Ohrid
    In America, it is spelled "Horrid"
    - 365 churches - one for each day of the year.
    I suspect this is because the population cannot stand being inside the same church day after day. And no surprise, the Orthodox are just one small step from Rome and the Seat of Satan's Power on Earth.
    It is a beautiful place the European Jersualem, as it's called.
    Horrid... yeah, sure it's beautiful...

    Leave a comment:

Working...