X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pastor Ezekiel
    replied
    Re: It's me, Miss B!

    Originally posted by Miss B View Post
    I've been looking for a Christian forum for a little while now. This one seems like a good one. I've read some of the threads and agree with much of what has been said. That said though, I also disagree with some things that have been said. But I am here to learn more about other people's opinions.

    I hope this is the right forum for me.

    What kind of an introduction is that? We don't know anything about you. Do you even have your husband's permission to be posting here? What church does he take you to? How often does he lay on good Christian beatings? Not often enough I'd say.

    If you'd like to find out more about Landover Baptist Church, please read THIS thread created especially for new posters.

    If you have a question, use the "search" function before posting it. Most likely it is being discussed somewhere on this Godly forum. Please don't waste God's precious bandwidth.

    You will keep a respectful tongue in your head whenever addressing your betters, which includes all True Christians™. Failure to do so, or any attempt at inciting debate or mockery of God's Divine Plan, can and will result in the suspension of your posting privileges.

    Your rights on this forum are listed HERE. If you feel that any of these rights have been violated, please don't hesitate to contact a Pastor at once.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bible Student
    replied
    Re: It's me, Miss B!

    Originally posted by Miss B View Post
    Originally Posted by Bible Student Tell us about your garden.Song of Solomon -- Awake, O Northwinde, and come thou South, blow vpon my garden, that the spices thereof may flow out: let my beloued come into his garden, and eate his pleasant fruits.
    I do not have a garden. Is this something that is commanded of me then?
    No, not commanded. But that verse does tell you how to attract a future husband, biblically. How else is he going to "eate his pleasant fruits?"

    Leave a comment:


  • Miss B
    replied
    Re: It's me, Miss B!

    Originally posted by Bible Student View Post
    You can draw your own conclusions:
    Romans 14:14 -- I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
    So, if I don't esteemeth it to be unclean, then it is not unclean to me?

    [quote[Tell us all about your best sweet, moist, delectable pie. Do you read your 1611 King James Bible every day?[/quote]

    My father always says my pie is sweet and moist, but I don't know about delectable. I read my KJV every day when I wake up and before I go to bed.

    Tell us about your garden.
    Song of Solomon -- Awake, O Northwinde, and come thou South, blow vpon my garden, that the spices thereof may flow out: let my beloued come into his garden, and eate his pleasant fruits.
    I do not have a garden. Is this something that is commanded of me then?

    Leave a comment:


  • Bible Student
    replied
    Re: It's me, Miss B!

    Originally posted by Miss B View Post
    I could probably have explained myself better in my opening post. If I offended anyone, I do apologize.

    The reason I signed up was because of the things I disagree with. I am hoping to get a better understanding and be more educated about things I guess I don't understand right now. I am not here to argue and try and be hard-headed. I am humble and willing to learn the right way.

    One example of what I don't agree with is that I actually like all seafood, shellfish and the likes. Is this really so wrong?
    You can draw your own conclusions:
    Mark 7:18-23 -- And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him; Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats? And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.
    Matthew 15:16-20 -- And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding? Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught? But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.
    Romans 7:4-6 -- Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
    Acts 10:13-15 -- And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat. But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean. And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.
    Romans 14:14 -- I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
    I Timothy 4:3-4 -- Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
    Originally posted by Miss B View Post
    And for the record, I am with womb and a great cook.
    Tell us all about your best sweet, moist, delectable pie. Do you read your 1611 King James Bible every day?

    Tell us about your garden.
    Song of Solomon -- Awake, O Northwinde, and come thou South, blow vpon my garden, that the spices thereof may flow out: let my beloued come into his garden, and eate his pleasant fruits.

    Leave a comment:


  • Yea-tho-we-walk
    replied
    Re: It's me, Miss B!

    Originally posted by Miss B View Post
    I could probably have explained myself better in my opening post. If I offended anyone, I do apologize.

    The reason I signed up was because of the things I disagree with. I am hoping to get a better understanding and be more educated about things I guess I don't understand right now. I am not here to argue and try and be hard-headed. I am humble and willing to learn the right way.

    One example of what I don't agree with is that I actually like all seafood, shellfish and the likes. Is this really so wrong?

    And for the record, I am with womb and a great cook.
    Of course you like seafood, some people also like sodomy, but both are an abomination in the Lords eyes. If you really want to live a Godly life, Leviticus and Deuteronomy are all you need!

    Leave a comment:


  • Miss B
    replied
    Re: It's me, Miss B!

    I could probably have explained myself better in my opening post. If I offended anyone, I do apologize.

    The reason I signed up was because of the things I disagree with. I am hoping to get a better understanding and be more educated about things I guess I don't understand right now. I am not here to argue and try and be hard-headed. I am humble and willing to learn the right way.

    One example of what I don't agree with is that I actually like all seafood, shellfish and the likes. Is this really so wrong?

    And for the record, I am with womb and a great cook.

    Leave a comment:


  • True Disciple
    replied
    Re: It's me, Miss B!

    Originally posted by Miss B View Post
    I know better than to disagree with anything that is supported biblically. If I ever do, it would be because I am misinformed and I would rather ask for explanations than make a fool of myself.



    Sadly, I do not have a husband, yet. So zero sons.
    Welcome, young lady.

    I must say, you're three posts in, but still have not explained what things you disagree with. Could you please enlighten us? Because everything we say here is Scripturally Correct, you know, so we can't possibly be wrong about anything.

    Leave a comment:


  • María Gálvez-Villalobos
    replied
    Re: It's me, Miss B!

    Originally posted by Miss B View Post
    I've been looking for a Christian forum for a little while now. This one seems like a good one. I've read some of the threads and agree with much of what has been said. That said though, I also disagree with some things that have been said. But I am here to learn more about other people's opinions.

    I hope this is the right forum for me.

    Hello Miss B,

    Is so nice to see other woman here what I can see have a piece of her mind.
    Say us more about youselve sister, where you from, family, why Jesus bringed you here, preferite Bible's verse etc.

    but you must be careful of

    :have opinions - (is a 'no-no' apparently, like I discover after infractions)
    :think for youselve. (see up ^ ^)
    :disagree whit True Cristians men - they're very intimidate by woman whit strong mind.
    :be intelligent - men here are very intimidate whit woman who is clever than they (which is most I think)
    :clotheses - be modest, in THIS the True Cristians men here is right i think.


    Welcome sister, and I hope you umderstand me the bad english.

    YIC, Mari.

    Leave a comment:


  • James Hutchins
    replied
    Re: It's me, Miss B!

    I suspect she is without womb.

    Leave a comment:


  • Living_Water
    replied
    Re: It's me, Miss B!

    Originally posted by Miss B View Post
    Sadly, I do not have a husband, yet. So zero sons.
    Why haven't you married yet? Doesn't your father care enough of your well being to arrange a nice christian man for you?
    I hope this is not because you can't cook.

    Leave a comment:


  • Miss B
    replied
    Re: It's me, Miss B!

    Originally posted by Zechariah Smyth View Post
    What do you disagree with? I pray it isn't something with a biblical basis supporting it.
    I know better than to disagree with anything that is supported biblically. If I ever do, it would be because I am misinformed and I would rather ask for explanations than make a fool of myself.

    Also, do you have permission from your husband to use the internets? Do you have a favorite Bible verse? How many sons have you made?
    Sadly, I do not have a husband, yet. So zero sons.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lycia The Repentant
    replied
    Re: It's me, Miss B!

    Hello, Miss B, and welcome to the forums.

    Why don't you tell us a little bit more about yourself, your faith, and how you came to find Jesus? Maybe you can also tell us a little bit more about what you don't agree with on here, and if you think we may have taken some scripture out of context.

    Your's in Christ,

    Lycia

    Leave a comment:


  • Born Again Bob
    replied
    Re: It's me, Miss B!

    Originally posted by Miss B View Post
    That's pretty hostile of you, don't you think? I'm not sure what I said to offend you, but if you could tell me what it was, I will do my best to never repeat the same mistake.
    Dear Friend,

    You are a guest. And as soon as you come in the door, you set yourself up as a judge, saying this you agree with, that you don't. Imagine if I walked in your house, and before I really introduced myself, I started to tell you that I approved of the color you painted the living room but not the kitchen, that the hall carpet was OK but the furniture in the den had to go. Wouldn't you think me just a tad rude?

    Yours in Him,
    BAB

    Leave a comment:


  • Miss B
    replied
    Re: It's me, Miss B!

    That's pretty hostile of you, don't you think? I'm not sure what I said to offend you, but if you could tell me what it was, I will do my best to never repeat the same mistake.

    Leave a comment:


  • Zechariah Smyth
    replied
    Re: It's me, Miss B!

    Originally posted by Miss B View Post
    I've been looking for a Christian forum for a little while now. This one seems like a good one. I've read some of the threads and agree with much of what has been said. That said though, I also disagree with some things that have been said. But I am here to learn more about other people's opinions.

    I hope this is the right forum for me.

    What do you disagree with? I pray it isn't something with a biblical basis supporting it.

    Also, do you have permission from your husband to use the internets? Do you have a favorite Bible verse? How many sons have you made?

    Yours in Christ,

    Z. Smyth

    Leave a comment:

Working...