X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pastor Ezekiel
    replied
    Re: New here

    Originally posted by Concinnity View Post
    I can accept that you have your beliefs, I'm just here to understand them. I know I won't change ANY of them, baring in mind you've probably had them longer then I've been alive, I just hope you can accept that I have my own opinions about heaven, life and God.
    I'm not that old. My Church bio is HERE.

    If you'd like to find out more about Landover Baptist Church, please read THIS thread created especially for new posters.

    If you have a question, use the "search" function before posting it. Most likely it is being discussed somewhere on this Godly forum. Please don't waste God's precious bandwidth.

    You will keep a respectful tongue in your head whenever addressing your betters, which includes all True Christians™. Failure to do so, or any attempt at inciting debate or mockery of God's Divine Plan, can and will result in the suspension of your posting privileges.

    Your rights on this forum are listed HERE. If you feel that any of these rights have been violated, please don't hesitate to contact a Pastor at once.

    Leave a comment:


  • jackburns
    replied
    Re: New here

    Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
    The ancient Egyptians are all burning in hell right now for worshiping false gods.
    I can accept that you have your beliefs, I'm just here to understand them. I know I won't change ANY of them, baring in mind you've probably had them longer then I've been alive, I just hope you can accept that I have my own opinions about heaven, life and God.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Ezekiel
    replied
    Re: New here

    Originally posted by Concinnity View Post
    I believe that A God assesses your life and asks you fitting questions, such as the Ancient Egyptians believed when you died, God will ask you if you have found joy in your life and if you have brought joy to others. If you answer both questions truthfully the question will act as an aid into getting into Heaven.
    I understand and can accept YOUR personal beliefs, I just wish you could accept other and other yours. The world would be infinitely better off that way.
    The ancient Egyptians are all burning in hell right now for worshiping false gods.

    "Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds" -- 2 John 1:9-11

    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

    Acts 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. 11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. 12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

    Leave a comment:


  • jackburns
    replied
    Re: New here

    Originally posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
    Who cares?

    The reality is God doesn't owe us anything, not even life. When He graciously gives us that life, we have the choice to love Him or burn for eternity. You don't deserve the next breath of air you're going to take, so why do you think all you need to do is be a good person, make a positive contribution in the world in some way, find joy in life and share it with loved ones, support those who suffer and weep when you can? God doesn't care about that, He cares if you believe in His Son and if you have accepted Christ Jesus as your personal LORD and Savior.
    I fail to see how you could look upon a God in such a way. You portray him as a heartless, emotionless... creature that should not be worthy of any form of worship. A person who would murder a fellow human simply because they do not share the same opinion is not a person worthy of an afterlife in heaven.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mary Etheldreda
    replied
    Re: New here

    Originally posted by Concinnity View Post
    I believe...blah blah blah...a bunch of hippie mumbo jumbo...
    Who cares?

    The reality is God doesn't owe us anything, not even life. When He graciously gives us that life, we have the choice to love Him or burn for eternity. You don't deserve the next breath of air you're going to take, so why do you think all you need to do is be a good person, make a positive contribution in the world in some way, find joy in life and share it with loved ones, support those who suffer and weep when you can? God doesn't care about that, He cares if you believe in His Son and if you have accepted Christ Jesus as your personal LORD and Savior.

    Leave a comment:


  • jackburns
    replied
    Re: New here

    Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
    It ain't murder if God does it.

    But seriously, the Holy Bible clearly states that most people who ever lived are going to end up in hellfire. I hope you make the choice not to join them.
    I believe that A God assesses your life and asks you fitting questions, such as the Ancient Egyptians believed when you died, God will ask you if you have found joy in your life and if you have brought joy to others. If you answer both questions truthfully the question will act as an aid into getting into Heaven.
    I understand and can accept YOUR personal beliefs, I just wish you could accept other and other yours. The world would be infinitely better off that way.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mary Etheldreda
    replied
    Re: New here

    Originally posted by Concinnity View Post
    You belittle yourself to such an extent because you were born a female? I don't even feel disgust. I feel only pity and confusion.
    Oh please don't pity me!

    I am happy only when I follow the will of God, and God willed that I should be born a woman and under the authority of my father and then under the authority of my True Christian™ husband.
    For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. (Ephesians 5:23)

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Ezekiel
    replied
    Re: New here

    Originally posted by Concinnity View Post
    33% of the worlds population are Christian, of which from looking of these forums many aren't considered True Christians, by that account you believe roughly 5 billion PEOPLE deserve to be murdered. Not punished. Murdered.
    It ain't murder if God does it.

    But seriously, the Holy Bible clearly states that most people who ever lived are going to end up in hellfire. I hope you make the choice not to join them.

    “And the slain of the Lord shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried, they shall be dung upon the ground.” Jeremiah 25:33

    Leave a comment:


  • jackburns
    replied
    Re: New here

    Originally posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
    I would never presume to teach what the Holy Bible says, after all I am but a woman (1 Timothy 2:12), but I read,
    "I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils." (1st Corinthians 10:20)

    If I were to live in a godless community, I would take the opportunity to tell everyone to repent and confess their disastrous sins to the Almighty Father, lest they die without salvation and burn for an eternity. I could never pass up the opportunity to witness my faith. The guilt would be overwhelming if I kept quiet.
    You belittle yourself to such an extent because you were born a female? I don't even feel disgust. I feel only pity and confusion.

    Leave a comment:


  • jackburns
    replied
    Re: New here

    Originally posted by VictoryOS View Post
    By "village", do you mean "perverted hippie commune"? That's the only way I can see this as possible.
    Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
    It's worse than that.
    33% of the worlds population are Christian, of which from looking of these forums many aren't considered True Christians, by that account you believe roughly 5 billion PEOPLE deserve to be murdered. Not punished. Murdered.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Ezekiel
    replied
    Re: New here

    Originally posted by Concinnity View Post
    I can't see how people can be automatically labeled 'scum' or 'trash' simply because they don't believe in the Christian God.
    You don't understand because your father is satan.

    John 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mary Etheldreda
    replied
    Re: New here

    Originally posted by Concinnity View Post
    No, I mean a village where people have different beliefs to you. I'm asking this because I genuinely don't know, does the Bible not teach tolerance or acceptance to other and their beliefs? Or does it state you should relentlessly and endlessly force your opinions and beliefs on others or 'they will face eternal damnation'? I genuinely don't know.
    I would never presume to teach what the Holy Bible says, after all I am but a woman (1 Timothy 2:12), but I read,
    "I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils." (1st Corinthians 10:20)

    If I were to live in a godless community, I would take the opportunity to tell everyone to repent and confess their disastrous sins to the Almighty Father, lest they die without salvation and burn for an eternity. I could never pass up the opportunity to witness my faith. The guilt would be overwhelming if I kept quiet.

    Leave a comment:


  • jackburns
    replied
    Re: New here

    I can't see how people can be automatically labeled 'scum' or 'trash' simply because they don't believe in the Christian God. I was told that God creates everybody in his image, therefore, non-Christians beliefs must have came directly from God.... or so I can figure out. I know that not believing in oneself is an impossibility but the whole matter is confusing... looking at it from a Christians point of view.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Ezekiel
    replied
    Re: New here

    Originally posted by Concinnity View Post
    No, I mean a village where people have different beliefs to you. I'm asking this because I genuinely don't know, does the Bible not teach tolerance or acceptance to other and their beliefs? Or does it state you should relentlessly and endlessly force your opinions and beliefs on others or 'they will face eternal damnation'? I genuinely don't know.
    It's worse than that.

    Deuteronomy 13:6-10
    If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die.

    2 Chronicles 15:13
    Whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.

    Leave a comment:


  • Zechariah Smyth
    replied
    Re: New here

    Originally posted by Concinnity View Post
    Thanks for actually attempting to hold a conversation. In regard to your questions, I live in a small village in United Kingdom, England. There's roughly 50 people currently living in the village, none of which are Christian.
    It's true there are many areas in England where there is not an overt Godly presence, but I believe this is partly due to the current atheistic atmosphere that pervades the area, worse than the stench of Manchester factories, that keeps people from identifying as Christians. Now that Richard Dawkins, the dark lord of British atheism, has succumbed to the AIDS I think that trend will reverse itself.



    But even in the darkest cesspools of England where I've lived (the aforementioned Manchester, Cambridge, Penn, Stratford) I was able to meet with Heaven-bound folk. Ask around!

    YiC,

    Zech

    Leave a comment:

Working...