X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • gueritol
    replied
    Re: Hello to all

    Originally posted by Jack O'fagan View Post
    In Exodus He also said,

    Exodus 32:27 And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.

    What are your thoughts on this? Or would you prefer to pretend it's not there?

    YIC

    Jack
    Why yo all post so aggressive? Aggression in the animal kingdom is the manifestation of fear.

    Well I represent nothing to fear? OK?

    Like I said ... I'm my previous post. There are many post in the Bible that can be used (and quoted). That can lead us right or left. (in the previous post there was one where it said stone to death, the other refrain from stoning)

    When I doubt I ask God for guidance, what do you do when you are in doubt?

    What is your take on your quote?

    Leave a comment:


  • Jack O'fagan
    replied
    Re: Hello to all

    Originally posted by gueritol View Post
    It is because God told us not take life (look in Exodus 20:13).
    In Exodus He also said,

    Exodus 32:27 And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.

    What are your thoughts on this? Or would you prefer to pretend it's not there?

    YIC

    Jack

    Leave a comment:


  • gueritol
    replied
    Re: Hello to all

    Originally posted by Redeemed Papist View Post
    Argumentation is not a word in the Bible.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/argumentation


    Sorry, I mistreated you unfairly ... now I know the reason of our inability to communicate.

    Leave a comment:


  • Redeemed Papist
    replied
    Re: Hello to all

    Argumentation is not a word in the Bible.
    Posted via Mobile Device

    Leave a comment:


  • gueritol
    replied
    Re: Hello to all

    Originally posted by Rev. M. Rodimer View Post
    That's because he chose to hold opinions which agree with God's Will.

    You assert that we can hold any opinions we wish. While we are capable of so doing, there is the danger that we will hold opinions counter to God's Will and find ourselves in Hell.

    Did you not understand that point? I thought it was quite clear.

    For example, you could hold the opinion that it is wrong to execute adulterers. You could say, "well, Newt was tempted by the lovely Callista, and under lots of pressure, and made a mistake." God, however, has declared that adulterers are to be stoned to death.

    When you think to yourself, "We shouldn't execute adulterers (or homosexuals, or murderers, or apostates, or witches)," you are sinning. You are asserting your opinion above God's Will.
    I guide my life under God word. I take my decision thinking of pleasing God.
    I think you ought to too.

    I will not stone anybody, anywhere ... not because the law of man says it's wrong. It is because God told us not take life (look in Exodus 20:13). He also told us not to judge, under reprimand of being judged (please refer to John 8:7 where he also question who throws the 1st stone. Here is where my freewill and intelligence, but also my love for others (as bought by God) wins.

    If I'm ever present in such a situation (I live my life very apart from such sinful situations ... maybe I'll act in another way if I'm ever faced with such atrocities, it's easy to speak when you have not lived it ... I know) I will tell my sinful brother (or sister) the wrongness of his doing, how much damage he or her are doing to themselves and to others, and ask then to repent. I might also throw in a prayer for them and the ones around them to help them heal and find peace and God.

    Leave a comment:


  • gueritol
    replied
    Re: Hello to all

    Originally posted by Redeemed Papist View Post
    Thank you, Rev Rodimer. I must admit I was having a real problem with understanding why this person who is lecturing us to read the Bible is acting like someone who has never read the Bible.

    Let's hope your approach makes sense to him.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Can you please point me to where I lectured you?
    Sorry ... I do not get you at all. I'm trying my best.

    If I posted a passage from the Bible ... because YOU requested ... then you said I post random Bible passages.
    Even after you complained, you once again requested for me to post from the Bible (which I refrained to do a 2nd time due to the failed result of the 1st time), and now you call me a lecturer. CONFUSION at 100%

    You criticize me for trying to speak about God, and you dare to brag and call you a Christian???, we all know that is our obligation to lecture others in the words of God? Or is it only YOUR job? Or you are ABOVE those that need lecture? (that was an angry comment ... I think I should be sorry ... just can't bear the lack of consequence from your postings)

    Leave a comment:


  • Rev. M. Rodimer
    replied
    Re: Hello to all

    Originally posted by gueritol View Post
    You're making a fatal assumption in your argumentation!!!.

    Your assuming that decisions taken under freewill lead us to sin. While in the case of Mr. Papist it lead him to God.
    That's because he chose to hold opinions which agree with God's Will.

    You assert that we can hold any opinions we wish. While we are capable of so doing, there is the danger that we will hold opinions counter to God's Will and find ourselves in Hell.

    Did you not understand that point? I thought it was quite clear.

    For example, you could hold the opinion that it is wrong to execute adulterers. You could say, "well, Newt was tempted by the lovely Callista, and under lots of pressure, and made a mistake." God, however, has declared that adulterers are to be stoned to death.

    When you think to yourself, "We shouldn't execute adulterers (or homosexuals, or murderers, or apostates, or witches)," you are sinning. You are asserting your opinion above God's Will.

    Leave a comment:


  • gueritol
    replied
    Re: Hello to all

    Originally posted by Rev. M. Rodimer View Post
    Exactly. We can hold any opinions we wish, even opinions counter to God's Will.

    However, doing so is sinning, because holding an opinion counter to God's Will is defiance of God, and it is exalting our own 'ideas' of 'right and wrong' above God's declared justice.

    There is but one consequence of sin: Eternal torment in God's Lake of Fire.

    Now, I don't know about you, but I don't want to encourage members of my congregation -- or anybody, for that matter -- to defy God and wind up in Hell.

    That is what Redeemed Papist means when he says we should not hold our own opinions. Free will allows us to sin any way we choose. We can eat babies like atheists, rape children like Catholic priests, or blow up buildings full of people like Muslims. Or we can decide that we know better than God, and declare our judgment of right and wrong better than what He has set forth in the Bible.

    Any of these sins lead us to Hell.

    Your open promotion of such sin is what we find offensive. Interesting that you think you are the one offended by this discussion, when you have offended all True Christians™ and God Himself with your prideful assertions of a "right" to hold opinions counter to God's Will.
    You're making a fatal assumption in your argumentation!!!.

    Your assuming that decisions taken under freewill lead us to sin. While in the case of Mr. Papist it lead him to God.

    I do not confuse freedom with Libertinage or Libertinism. Nor should anybody that is God fearing.

    I ask you (and others) why try to read something that's not there?

    That is what I can call a bad example of freewill!. I didn't ask you to read sin in my statement, since there was none. Shamefully you freely choose to deduct evil using your own freedom.

    My soul and life has been, since my lucky encounter with God, taken in the best way that He has told us. Now I do not mean to brag, because I do fail like the rest of us, but I do not hold high the flag of righteousness, nor yell I'm perfect.

    I do apologize if I scared, angered or somehow bothered somebody. It was not my intention, and if you read my words without prejudice, there is no bad, sin nor evil in them.

    I might be new here, but that doesn't make me bad per definition. Or does it?

    If I'm assumed evil, lier, guilty and sinful because I'm new, then I'll choose my words carefully, like if I was talking to a lawyer, rather than a friend of God.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S.
    replied
    Re: Hello to all

    Originally posted by gueritol View Post
    Those are your words, not mine!
    I believe what the good Brother was stating was that it appeared you were questioning whether or not he knew his Genesis (which I assure you he most certainly does). We are very strict about who we accept here at Landover, and people who do not know their Bible inside and out are sent packing in a hurry

    Originally posted by gueritol View Post
    Look, I do not know what your intentions are, but your manners and social skills leave a lot to be desired.
    Well I do apologize for that, my friend. We mean no disrespect, to be sure. We are here to spread the Gospel and to share with the lost (such as yourself) God's miraculous Plan for their lives. We are not running and etiquette school here, so there are times when a social grace may be left by the wayside in our zeal for the Lord. In this I must insist that you look past any perceived slight and focus on what matters: God's Word!

    Originally posted by gueritol View Post
    Do I need to guide you by the hand? You are the one that boast knowing the Genesis, I merely said to read it. --> The way you treat others you will be treated.
    Friend, when you are here on our Family-friendly boards we insist that you keep your mind and your hands on Jesus and nothing else. We won't tolerate any propositioning of our members, as there has been some .... unpleasantness ... in the past.

    That said, you are falling for the classic "salad bar christian" trap: cherry picking a verse out of context and using it to make yourself feel better. You are forgetting my metaphor of a doctor: we are not here to hug people as they die. We are here to save them from eternal torment in the fires of Hell. If we chap a few hides and blister a few lips, then so be it. We aren't here to make friends. We are here to show people the True Path to Jesus, so that they might put aside their evil ways and follow the Lord!

    Leave a comment:


  • Redeemed Papist
    replied
    Re: Hello to all

    Thank you, Rev Rodimer. I must admit I was having a real problem with understanding why this person who is lecturing us to read the Bible is acting like someone who has never read the Bible.

    Let's hope your approach makes sense to him.
    Posted via Mobile Device

    Leave a comment:


  • gueritol
    replied
    Re: Hello to all

    Originally posted by Wide-Open View Post
    NO TOUCHING!!!!

    Kids these days...
    Thanks you made me laugh ... thank you I needed a healthy laugh!

    It was just a mere form of speech!

    But anyhow thanks for the fun!

    Leave a comment:


  • Rev. M. Rodimer
    replied
    Re: Hello to all

    Originally posted by geritol View Post
    God's best gift to all of us, besides life and Him is our freewill.
    Exactly. We can hold any opinions we wish, even opinions counter to God's Will.

    However, doing so is sinning, because holding an opinion counter to God's Will is defiance of God, and it is exalting our own 'ideas' of 'right and wrong' above God's declared justice.

    There is but one consequence of sin: Eternal torment in God's Lake of Fire.

    Now, I don't know about you, but I don't want to encourage members of my congregation -- or anybody, for that matter -- to defy God and wind up in Hell.

    That is what Redeemed Papist means when he says we should not hold our own opinions. Free will allows us to sin any way we choose. We can eat babies like atheists, rape children like Catholic priests, or blow up buildings full of people like Muslims. Or we can decide that we know better than God, and declare our judgment of right and wrong better than what He has set forth in the Bible.

    Any of these sins lead us to Hell.

    Your open promotion of such sin is what we find offensive. Interesting that you think you are the one offended by this discussion, when you have offended all True Christians(tm) and God Himself with your prideful assertions of a "right" to hold opinions counter to God's Will.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wide-Open
    replied
    Re: Hello to all

    Originally posted by gueritol View Post
    Do I need to guide you by the hand?
    NO TOUCHING!!!!

    Kids these days...

    Leave a comment:


  • gueritol
    replied
    Re: Hello to all

    Originally posted by Redeemed Papist View Post
    Once again you are just spouting your own opinion instead of reading the word of God.

    What exactly are you saying? Are you implying I don't know Genesis inside and out? How strange!.
    Those are your words, not mine!

    Look, I do not know what your intentions are, but your manners and social skills leave a lot to be desired.

    Do I need to guide you by the hand? You are the one that boast knowing the Genesis, I merely said to read it. --> The way you treat others you will be treated.

    You specially out of many here should know about freewill. After all you were baptized as a Catholic?

    So you renounced your families beliefs, and followed a calling, inspired, or incited by others, but at one moment in time, you exercised God's gift and decided to follow this Blessed calling ... and that is freewill.

    God didn't force you, your family certainly didn't ... ?

    Now rather me spoon feed you, this time I'll ask you to please find out for your self. After all we all know we could use some Bible reading.

    Leave a comment:


  • Redeemed Papist
    replied
    Re: Hello to all

    Originally posted by gueritol View Post
    I'll could be as mean as you and reply to you with random Bible postings, but I forgive you for being more human than Christian. We all battle in our way.

    Read the Genesis ... It's wonderful.

    Look around!, you're here, and somewhere else.

    God made you, God gave you ... enjoy it!
    Once again you are just spouting your own opinion instead of reading the word of God.

    What exactly are you saying? Are you implying I don't know Genesis inside and out? How strange!
    Genesis 13:17-20
    17And the LORD plagued Pharaoh and his house with great plagues because of Sarai Abram's wife. 18And Pharaoh called Abram, and said, What is this that thou hast done unto me? why didst thou not tell me that she was thy wife? 19Why saidst thou, She is my sister? so I might have taken her to me to wife: now therefore behold thy wife, take her, and go thy way. 20And Pharaoh commanded his men concerning him: and they sent him away, and his wife, and all that he had.

    I particularly like the bit in which God plagues the Pharaoh because he was tricked by Abraham.

    Leave a comment:

Working...