Originally posted by redhaven
View Post
X
-
Re: Hello
So how are we supposed to discuss anything? You simply cannot understand where True Christians are coming from if you don't know the Bible and how can you reject God if you don't even know who He is?
-
Re: Hello
Hi, Dennis.
That's nice, but it's not going to happen. There is nothing in the Bible about "accepting others how they are".Originally posted by redhaven View Post...I like to talk with people who see the world from a completely different perspective. I hope you can accept my different opinion of the world, as I accept yours...
1) No one is innocent. We are all born with original sin, which is removed from us when we are washed in the Blood of the Lamb (accept Christ)....My first reason for not believing in God is why do innocent people need to suffer...
2) Why do bad things happen to "good" people? Because God wants them to. The Bible deals with any further protestations or questions by saying, "Talk to the Hand".
No. Science still accepts that evolution is a theory, and as for the age of the Earth, much of the evidence is purely conjecture....Secondly, Science has proven that a lot of religious claims are wrong, e.g. that the earth is 6000 years old, while science has proven that the world is actually billions of years old. Also that humans descend from apes...
But you have no proof either way, and we're just supposed to take your word for it? Try applying logic to quantum mechanics....The most logical explanation would be that there wont be anything when you are dead, just as before you were born...
This forum is not about polite discussion or acceptance of other worldviews, it is about the Bible. If you want to know how the people here think, read the King James Bible. It tells the people here how God thinks, and they agree with it, 100%....I would like to discuss with you in a proper manner, in a way were we can accept each others perspective.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Hello
So have you really read the Bible or just been told what it says?
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Hello
I've been on a christian elementary school and I'm on a christian highschool, but only a very mild form. Like, on my highschool they only read us a part of a christian kind of magazine, and we have the subject of religion which covers all the world religions.
To be honest with you, I've been a catholic till I became five years old. I know a bit of the bible, I mean I know the main parts of it. I've read some of it for school, still got a bible in my house. But please note that it's not my intention to harm you in any way. I would like to discuss with you in a proper manner, in a way were we can accept each others perspective.
And I do not ''hate'' God, I just dont believe in his existence, that doesn't mean I hate him.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Hello
Hi, Redhaven. Thanks for spelling "atheist" correctly.
Why do you think the members of a Christian church's discussion forum would care why you hate God?
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Hello
Let's cut to the chase. Have you ever actually read the Bible?
Leave a comment:
-
Hello - As I'm an atheist...
I see that you people are deeply religious, and I find that rather interesting. As I'm an atheist (got several reasons for being that I'll mention later in this post) I like to talk with people who see the world from a completely different perspective. I hope you can accept my different opinion of the world, as I accept yours.
But first, let me introduce myself: My name is Dennis and I'm a 18 years old guy from the Netherlands and I'm in the last year of higher general secondary education. When I'll pass I'll do the study Rural Innovation and the major called ''Regional Development and Innovation''. I love to visit other (distant) countries to see the way of living of those people. The first time when I went to a third world country, I experienced a so called ''culture shock''. At that time I'd never thought that people nowadays could still live in such extreme poverty. It really changed my way of thinking of the world, perhaps including God...
My first reason for not believing in God is why do innocent people need to suffer while a lot of these people are being exploited by others. These people need to work ten hours a day and can still hardly fulfill their basic needs (food,water,housing,clothing).
You might've seen on the news about this Norwegian fellow Anders Behring Breivik, he killed dozens of innocent children on the island of Utoya. In addition, in my country there's a child rapist called Robert M. (in Holland suspects have privacy rights, therefore the media isn't allowed to tell is last name),evidence shows that he has raped dozens of young children in kindergarten, he has confirmed that to be correct. His lawyers however, dare to demand the judge to declare him innocent, since the evidence wasn't obtained ''legitimately''.
Secondly, Science has proven that a lot of religious claims are wrong, e.g. that the earth is 6000 years old, while science has proven that the world is actually billions of years old. Also that humans descend from apes.
Christianity, tells us that after death you either go to heaven, purgatory or hell. I find that absurd, since how can we know that? Why would you even go to heaven,purgatory or hell, while there was nothing before you were born? The most logical explanation would be that there wont be anything when you are dead, just as before you were born.
Through history humanity has create the most sophisticated machines, made epic voyages through the sea, the land, the skies and beyond. Of course it's amazing how such complicated beings like us, humans, can exist. The most straitforward explanation would be that God created us, but evidence shows us that it was a matter of coincidence, evolution and the right condition here on earth, that made what we are now.
History shows that people started to believe in supernatural immortal beings when the world was completely unknown and a hostile environment.Through the years our ancestors have brought us, prosperity, knowledge, anything people could've imagined thousands of years ago. Of course people disagree with each other about who's right or wrong, and that's totally fine, because we can't be fully 100% sure who is right.
Please note that it's not my intention to harm you in any way. I would like to discuss with you in a proper manner, in a way were we can accept each others perspective.Tags: None
Leave a comment: