X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • James Hutchins
    replied
    Re: introduction

    Originally posted by april_RN View Post
    I wish I could stay and learn here Sister Mary but I feel like some have already condemned me and I have a target on my back, thank you for your kindness I hope you can be an example for others. Goodbye and God bless
    What do you think was going through Jesus's mind while He was nailed to the cross? "Gee, I wish I could 'cut and run' as this is unpleasant'?
    No, He had iron nails through His hands and feet. He left them there.
    Then you whine about how you feel guilty for not being a Christian and that you need to go where you are appreciated. Amazing.

    Friend, God makes us work for His Love. He never promises us we will get it, ever. All you can do is devote yourself to Him 110% and pray that come judgment day, He takes pity on your soul and grants you access to Heaven. What do you think He is going to do when he reviews your transcripts and sees such a weak backbone. Don't you think having Jesus die for you is a waste?

    Leave a comment:


  • Mary Etheldreda
    replied
    Re: introduction

    Originally posted by april_RN View Post
    I have tried to explain the Pastor, I think probably 3 times that RN is not my last name and its frustrating really I am a nurse RN stands for registered nurse
    Well I don't know what to say, dear. This introduction thread is more about you than Jesus, and that makes me uncomfortable. It makes me think you're not really Saved© after all, and that He does not, in fact, hold you in His Hand. It makes me think you believe you can trust your own thoughts about matters and not His. How can you be sure you're Saved©, if you cannot trust your own mind?

    The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    Jeremiah 17:9

    But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him:
    neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
    1 Corinthians 2:14

    Leave a comment:


  • april_RN
    replied
    Re: introduction

    Originally posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
    Not really, I mean, the Pastor asked a simple question. Your user name gives the appearance of being a full name, like mine. I'm clearly a white American from European descent, as you can tell by my name and photo. But what kind of name is Rn? It's an honest question, I think. Squaw just means "woman."
    I have tried to explain the Pastor, I think probably 3 times that RN is not my last name and its frustrating really I am a nurse RN stands for registered nurse

    Leave a comment:


  • april_RN
    replied
    Re: introduction

    Originally posted by Irinka the repentant jewess View Post
    April, I have been delighted to meet you and you were a joy to be around. I have been praying for you and your situation with your future husband, and I hope that he will find the way, and the truth, and the light. In the meantime, do not let your heart be troubled over things that are not under your control. Give your worries to God and let Him comfort You and fill you with peace as only He can do.
    In Him,


    Irinka
    Irinka,

    Thank you for interceding to God for myself and my family, you do not how much that means to me. I will do my best to give it up to God. I wish you all the best in the world my friend.

    Until we meet again,
    April

    Leave a comment:


  • Mary Etheldreda
    replied
    Re: introduction

    Originally posted by april_RN View Post
    I just don't understand how unwarranted name calling like eskimo squaw helps anybody come closer to God, maybe you can help me understand. As I have stated I have lived in Ohio my whole life...and well I don't know I just have never experianced Christianity in the sense of belittling and degrading others, it feels wrong to me. Does that make sense?
    Not really, I mean, the Pastor asked a simple question. Your user name gives the appearance of being a full name, like mine. I'm clearly a white American from European descent, as you can tell by my name and photo. But what kind of name is Rn? It's an honest question, I think. Squaw just means "woman."

    Leave a comment:


  • april_RN
    replied
    Re: introduction

    Originally posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
    I don't understand, dear. That sounds a bit like you're trying to invite me to a pity-party. Please don't take that the wrong way, I mean no offense. I'm just a bit confused and a little worried for you. No one here has a "target on your back," I can assure you.


    Now, why not tell me what's really bothering you.
    I just don't understand how unwarranted name calling like eskimo squaw helps anybody come closer to God, maybe you can help me understand. As I have stated I have lived in Ohio my whole life...and well I don't know I just have never experianced Christianity in the sense of belittling and degrading others, it feels wrong to me. Does that make sense?

    Leave a comment:


  • Irinka the repentant jewess
    replied
    Re: introduction

    Originally posted by april_RN View Post
    I wish I could stay and learn here Sister Mary but I feel like some have already condemned me and I have a target on my back, thank you for your kindness I hope you can be an example for others. Goodbye and God bless
    April, I have been delighted to meet you and you were a joy to be around. I have been praying for you and your situation with your future husband, and I hope that he will find the way, and the truth, and the light. In the meantime, do not let your heart be troubled over things that are not under your control. Give your worries to God and let Him comfort You and fill you with peace as only He can do.
    In Him,


    Irinka

    Leave a comment:


  • Mary Etheldreda
    replied
    Re: introduction

    Originally posted by april_RN View Post
    I wish I could stay and learn here Sister Mary but I feel like some have already condemned me and I have a target on my back, thank you for your kindness I hope you can be an example for others. Goodbye and God bless
    I don't understand, dear. That sounds a bit like you're trying to invite me to a pity-party. Please don't take that the wrong way, I mean no offense. I'm just a bit confused and a little worried for you. No one here has a "target on your back," I can assure you.

    Now, why not tell me what's really bothering you.

    Leave a comment:


  • april_RN
    replied
    Re: introduction

    Originally posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
    No True Christian™ is negative, or hateful, dear. Why not tell us what it is holding you back from leaping into the loving arms of Christ Jesus?
    I wish I could stay and learn here Sister Mary but I feel like some have already condemned me and I have a target on my back, thank you for your kindness I hope you can be an example for others. Goodbye and God bless

    Leave a comment:


  • Mary Etheldreda
    replied
    Re: introduction

    Originally posted by april_RN View Post
    Yes your exactly right, which is why I am leaving. I have never experienced something like this before to be honest. Some of you are very l lovely people and others are very negetive and hateful. Some of you have just pushed away a Christian woman asking for help, you said you wanted to save people well this was a chance and I can say with great fervent I have done nothing to disrespect any of the elders and Pastors here I have not slandered your church's name and I still haven't. I wish you all the best and I am sorry myself and my money are not good enough for you
    No True Christian™ is negative, or hateful, dear. Why not tell us what it is holding you back from leaping into the loving arms of Christ Jesus?

    Leave a comment:


  • april_RN
    replied
    Re: introduction

    Originally posted by James Hutchins View Post
    Ugh, this thread sounds like hens running from the butchers blade. Sometimes, I wish Jesus would take my ears and sight to save me from this sort of misery.
    Yes your exactly right, which is why I am leaving. I have never experienced something like this before to be honest. Some of you are very l lovely people and others are very negetive and hateful. Some of you have just pushed away a Christian woman asking for help, you said you wanted to save people well this was a chance and I can say with great fervent I have done nothing to disrespect any of the elders and Pastors here I have not slandered your church's name and I still haven't. I wish you all the best and I am sorry myself and my money are not good enough for you

    Leave a comment:


  • James Hutchins
    replied
    Re: introduction

    Ugh, this thread sounds like hens running from the butchers blade. Sometimes, I wish Jesus would take my ears and sight to save me from this sort of misery.

    Leave a comment:


  • april_RN
    replied
    Re: introduction

    Originally posted by Irinka the repentant jewess View Post
    So are you still living in Ohio now? Do you work in a hospital or in a doctor's office? You are a Registered Nurse, right, or did I miss something? I work in a physical therapy office part-time to help my husband make ends meet. I really enjoy telling my patients about Jesus and how He died for their sins and rose again.
    I am actually not working right now as a nurse, and yes I still live in northeast Ohio in the country about 45 minutes south of Cleveland, I had a job offer in the ICU at the Cleveland clinic but I would like to somehow use my degree for volunteering purposes but I am not yet sure which organizations are truly working for God's will.

    Leave a comment:


  • april_RN
    replied
    Re: introduction

    Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
    Nobody is buying that young lady. Your eskimo family name is a dead giveaway. Do you take us for fools? Nobody in Ohio is named "Rn."
    RN is not my last name sir, RN stands for registered nurse, sorry for the misunderstanding

    Leave a comment:


  • Irinka the repentant jewess
    replied
    Re: introduction

    Originally posted by april_RN View Post
    What does Eskimo Squaw mean? I can assure you I am not an Eskimo, I am not sure what squawk means...it doesn't sound very friendly whatever it is I was born and raised in Ohio....
    So are you still living in Ohio now? Do you work in a hospital or in a doctor's office? You are a Registered Nurse, right, or did I miss something? I work in a physical therapy office part-time to help my husband make ends meet. I really enjoy telling my patients about Jesus and how He died for their sins and rose again.

    Leave a comment:

Working...