X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Basilissa
    replied
    Re: Hello from Hamburg

    Originally posted by JimmiGerman View Post
    There might be a misunderstanding here about the Huns. They once came in the fourth century from Asia and overrun parts of Russia and the land of the East Goths and were storming through Europe. This was the reason for the mass exodus in Europe (Völkerwanderung). One of their leaders was Attila, who is the King Etzel in the German Nibelungensaga.

    It was the East-Franconian Reich and the time of King Otto I., who later (962) became Emperor of the Holy (German) Roman Reich (Regnum Theotonicorum), and it was in the year 955 when the Hungarians were finally defeated under his leadership on the Lechfeld, where the final battle took place, near Augsburg.
    This is not what you said before:

    But I know about the name Attila, he was a Hun leader and later, after beaten and chased away from the German Reich,
    Attila the Hun died AD 453. Otto the Great was born in AD 912. Attila the leader of Huns could not have been beaten by a dude who was born half a millennium later.

    Sorry for that. Take an Aspirin and get well soon. A prayer also may help, even if not so efficiently as the recommended Aspirin.
    I guess you are not aware that prayer is much more efficient than any secular medicine. I did pray my ache away.

    Only patience. I will give you an answer very soon.
    I've read it, and your grade on that is F for Failure.

    You don't know neither the Scripture nor the linguistics (and I gave you specific hints!).

    There is not much to add to Mitza's masterful reply, but I'll throw in one additional verse:

    1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and [I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

    Leave a comment:


  • JimmiGerman
    replied
    Re: Hello from Hamburg

    MitzaLizalor wrote:

    An eternal self does not need creating because it is eternal. Think about it. Were you really alive before you were born?
    It depends on how eternity is defined. Something once created might exist eternally from that moment. But I believe also in some kind of spiritual evolution, that means in this world we are given the chance to return and to become closer to God by more understanding him. If we fail, we might have had a fine time here on earth but we haven't reached any progress. God the Allmighty is also called the refiner.

    Leave a comment:


  • MitzaLizalor
    replied
    Re: Hello from Hamburg

    Originally posted by JimmiGerman View Post
    I don't know exactly what you mean. I know what a body is, no question.
    ..so that's the part requiring oxygen.

    I know what mind is: the intelligence and the knowledge and the recalls, or even the stupidity. I know what breath ist: the activity of our lungs to supply our body with oxygen.
    We do actually know what mormon theology is and can recognise when you have expressed your confusion to mormon missionaries. Their answers will never be clear and it's not surprising they can never be pinned down.
    GENESIS 1
    1a
    In the beginning..
    Is this the ghost world you were talking about? Did the Logos live there too? Is this a location in space? Or in time?
    1b ..God created the heaven and the earth.
    2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

    JOHN 1
    1
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    2 The same was in the beginning with God.
    3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
    4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

    The Breath and the Word are both mentioned here. Are you suggesting that the moon, say, was created by blowing oxygen on it or in the general vicinity of where it was going to be?

    PSALM 33
    6
    By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
    Next life is breathed into the first man. Is it the same process as creating the heavens and in addition is this how your "ghost worlds" were created? Ghost worlds are not mentioned in The Bible; are you claiming that God hadn't thought up that idea yet? If it's a part of His plan, don't you think He would have included at least some mention of it to Abraham or to Moses or to Adam or Melchizedek?
    GENESIS 2
    7
    And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
    KJV
    The spirit, hmm..., you mean the Holy Ghost? It's the divine inspiration in ourselves, and the Holy Ghost or Spirit may come and go, and sometimes he is with us and sometimes not.
    Check this out:

    MATTHEW 28
    18
    And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
    19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
    20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
    KJV .. look up . context

    Jesus said that. Not sometimes there and sometimes not. Always there. Your teachers have contradicted Jesus. Here is a very reliable principle. When someone is explaining stuff, if it sounds complicated and difficult to understand THAT MEANS THE PERSON EXPLAINING DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THE MATERIAL EITHER. People who understand their subject are always easy to follow, because they can come at it from any angle and still make sense by explaining using terms suggested by the questions they are asked. Whoever is instructing you in mormon theology does not have a grasp of their subject AS WE KNOW because they require you to move to where they are. They are unable to move to where you are and explain it from your perspective.

    An eternal self does not need creating because it is eternal. Think about it. Were you really alive before you were born?

    Leave a comment:


  • JimmiGerman
    replied
    Re: Hello from Hamburg

    Has Jimmi explained the difference between soul, body, mind, spirit and breath yat? It's sort of critical in the context.
    I don't know exactly what you mean. I know what a body is, no question. I know what mind is: the intelligence and the knowledge and the recalls, or even the stupidity. I know what breath ist: the activity of our lungs to supply our body with oxygen.

    The spirit, hmm..., you mean the Holy Ghost? It's the divine inspiration in ourselves, and the Holy Ghost or Spirit may come and go, and sometimes he is with us and sometimes not. The Mormon priests (Melchisedecial Priesthood) claim to be able to call the Holy Ghost every time and use his mighty power for healings and blessings.

    The soul, ...it's the hardest thing to describe. In his book "Facing Reality" from 1970 John C. Eccles once wrote that the concept of our soul might be described as the subjective part or the one's conscious self (chapter X Gehirn und Seele, (7) Das Konzept der Seele), according to "World II" of Popper's 1968 published Three-Worlds-Concept.

    In my religious belief it is our eternal self, created in the pre-existence by God the Allmighty.

    Leave a comment:


  • JimmiGerman
    replied
    Re: Hello from Hamburg

    Originally posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
    You're a ghost?

    Hmm... not at the present time, I think. But who knows...? Seen from beyond and the sphere of ghosts they might think they are real and we are the ghosts. I would say it depends on the point of view.


    But you seemingly know about pre-existence and the ghost-world and all that... we sprang from that stage of pre-existance and were given a human body. This is part of the Allmighty's plan and our way to eternal redemption.

    Leave a comment:


  • JimmiGerman
    replied
    Re: Hello from Hamburg

    Originally posted by Basilissa View Post


    You do realize, that at the time when Huns were storming through Europe, your ancestors (members of several Germanic tribes, not a single German nation) were just a horde of smelly barbarians plaguing the Roman Empire, right? Oh, sweetie, ... I'll just repeat Mitza's question again:

    We are still waiting. (I even gave you a couple of hints).
    There might be a misunderstanding here about the Huns. They once came in the fourth century from Asia and overrun parts of Russia and the land of the East Goths and were storming through Europe. This was the reason for the mass exodus in Europe (Völkerwanderung). One of their leaders was Attila, who is the King Etzel in the German Nibelungensaga.

    It was the East-Franconian Reich and the time of King Otto I., who later (962) became Emperor of the Holy (German) Roman Reich (Regnum Theotonicorum), and it was in the year 955 when the Hungarians were finally defeated under his leadership on the Lechfeld, where the final battle took place, near Augsburg.

    Like the Huns, the Hungarians at that time attacked and invaded parts of West- and even East-Franconia again and again, and so they were also called Huns. And some Hungarians today claime that the Hungarians are descendents of the Huns, and Atilla is a well-known and common name there.

    You're making me laugh so hard that my stomach is hurting.
    Sorry for that. Take an Aspirin and get well soon. A prayer also may help, even if not so efficiently as the recommended Aspirin.


    We are still waiting. (I even gave you a couple of hints).
    Only patience. I will give you an answer very soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mary Etheldreda
    replied
    Re: Hello from Hamburg

    Originally posted by JimmiGerman View Post
    They are all part of one, only different aspects of the same. We are ghosts and childs of our Heavenly Father in a physical body and appearance here on earth (for a limited time).
    You're a ghost?

    Leave a comment:


  • Basilissa
    replied
    Re: Hello from Hamburg

    Originally posted by JimmiGerman View Post
    First: Attila's wife is a widow? Why haven't you mentioned it before? Then, of course, my condolences.

    But I know about the name Attila, he was a Hun leader and later, after beaten and chased away from the German Reich,


    A what, again?



    You do realize, that at the time when Huns were storming through Europe, your ancestors (members of several Germanic tribes, not a single German nation) were just a horde of smelly barbarians plaguing the Roman Empire, right?

    Oh, sweetie, please, tell me, what else do you think you know about history. You're making me laugh so hard that my stomach is hurting.



    the Huns settled down in the land they later called Magyarország.

    Btw. ... I'm so long dense as you keep me dense.
    Well, you see, sweetie, most people who are able enough to stumble upon our forum are smart enough to figure out that Attila's wife is nor was ever married to the historical Attila, just to a random modern Hungarian named Attila.

    Originally posted by JimmiGerman View Post
    But oxygen is important. An insufficient supply will lead to bad consequences, and this decisive aspect should not be forgotten.
    I'll just repeat Mitza's question again:

    Originally posted by MitzaLizalor
    Sorry, I must have missed it. Has Jimmi explained the difference between soul, body, mind, spirit and breath yat? It's sort of critical in the context.
    We are still waiting. (I even gave you a couple of hints).

    Leave a comment:


  • Mother Of Seven
    replied
    Re: Hello from Hamburg

    Originally posted by JimmiGerman View Post
    But I know about the name Attila, he was a Hun leader and later, after beaten and chased away from the German Reich, the Huns settled down in the land they later called Magyarország.

    Btw. ... I'm so long dense as you keep me dense.
    He was just one Attila. There are many Attilas. Your wife could be known as Jimmi's wife, rather than German's wife, the same as our dear sister is known as Attila's wife. Do you really suspect the poor widow is over 1500 years old, and still posting? I think not.

    Leave a comment:


  • JimmiGerman
    replied
    Re: Hello from Hamburg

    Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
    Who's talking about the connection between breathing and oxygen? (Hint: neither Sister Mitza nor me have mentioned anything about oxygen
    But oxygen is important. An insufficient supply will lead to bad consequences, and this decisive aspect should not be forgotten.

    Leave a comment:


  • JimmiGerman
    replied
    Re: Hello from Hamburg

    Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
    I'll use ALL CAPS AND BOLD to help you understand:

    ATTILA'S WIFE IS A WIDOW.

    HER DECEASED HUSBAND WAS HUNGARIAN.

    HIS FIRST (GIVEN) NAME WAS ATTILA.


    How dense are you, seriously?
    First: Attila's wife is a widow? Why haven't you mentioned it before? Then, of course, my condolences.

    But I know about the name Attila, he was a Hun leader and later, after beaten and chased away from the German Reich, the Huns settled down in the land they later called Magyarország.

    Btw. ... I'm so long dense as you keep me dense.

    Leave a comment:


  • Basilissa
    replied
    Re: Hello from Hamburg

    Originally posted by JimmiGerman View Post


    "...and it does not know about the connections between breath and soul/spirit either."
    Hmm, I've always thought that there is principally a connection between breathing and oxygen supply, but one learns again and again.
    Who's talking about the connection between breathing and oxygen? (Hint: neither Sister Mitza nor me have mentioned anything about oxygen)

    "...then let me tell you that you seem to be one yarn short of a knitted sweater."

    Since my English is a bit limited I can only guess what you mean, but I'm afraid it's anything but a compliment.
    Correct, dear.

    Leave a comment:


  • Basilissa
    replied
    Re: Hello from Hamburg

    Originally posted by JimmiGerman View Post
    No way connecting the historical Attila? And why that name? One doesn't refer to such a name because he / she means his / her own name or the hunsband's, ahem... husband's name, but more to emphasize and underline the historical contact with that historical person.

    You are right, it's not absolutely beyond reason to believe Mrs Attila is married to a man with that name. But then she certainly would call herself "Mrs Atilla", and not "Atilla's wife", ... "Hello, may I introduce to you... this is Mr Stevenson, Mrs Brown, and Mrs ... ahem... Atilla's wife."
    I'll use ALL CAPS AND BOLD to help you understand:

    ATTILA'S WIFE IS A WIDOW.

    HER DECEASED HUSBAND WAS HUNGARIAN.

    HIS FIRST (GIVEN) NAME WAS ATTILA.


    How dense are you, seriously?

    Leave a comment:


  • JimmiGerman
    replied
    Re: Hello from Hamburg

    Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
    Sister Mitza, I bet this poor creature has no idea about the differences between soul and spirit (which obviously are two different things, 1 Thess 5:23), and it does not know about the connections between breath and soul/spirit either. The latter would require some rudimentary knowledge of original meanings of Latin and Greek words animus and ἄνεμος, respectively, and that would be just too much to require from this poor creature.


    However, if a comparison in a field I am much more familiar with would make you happy, then let me tell you that you seem to be one yarn short of a knitted sweater.


    "...and it does not know about the connections between breath and soul/spirit either."
    Hmm, I've always thought that there is principally a connection between breathing and oxygen supply, but one learns again and again.

    "...then let me tell you that you seem to be one yarn short of a knitted sweater."

    Since my English is a bit limited I can only guess what you mean, but I'm afraid it's anything but a compliment.

    Leave a comment:


  • JimmiGerman
    replied
    Re: Hello from Hamburg

    Originally posted by Dr Laurence Niles View Post
    Is it beyond reason to expect that Mrs Attila is married to a man who's name is in no way connected the historical Attila?

    Are you being purposefully dense?
    No way connecting the historical Attila? And why that name? One doesn't refer to such a name because he / she means his / her own name or the hunsband's, ahem... husband's name, but more to emphasize and underline the historical contact with that historical person.

    You are right, it's not absolutely beyond reason to believe Mrs Attila is married to a man with that name. But then she certainly would call herself "Mrs Atilla", and not "Atilla's wife", ... "Hello, may I introduce to you... this is Mr Stevenson, Mrs Brown, and Mrs ... ahem... Atilla's wife."

    Leave a comment:

Working...