X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Unite to Save Cock Fighting in Iowa

One of the best local industries here in the Des Moines, Iowa, area is cock fighting. Lots of money changes hands. Owners of roosters spend a lot on feed and cages. But the nose-in-the-air City Council of Des Moines wants no more roosters in the city limits. We can have all the fighting roosters we want in Freehold but we need Des Moines cocks for big events.

On top of that, they are trying to limit the number of chickens per house to 15. This country has too much government.

Des Moines animal control wants to limit backyard chickens

Des Moines animal control says it's time to cut back on the number of chickens allowed in the city limits.
    Des Moines Register
    Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Re: Let's Unite to Save Cock Fighting in Iowa

Once again the hypocrisy of the LIEberal left rears its ugly head. Their "non-judgmental" brand of "multiculturalism" allows the mooselimb "religion of peace" free to practice their beheadings, and condemns anyone who criticizes it as "racist". Yet a few "white" rural citizens who want to practice their traditions and culture of cock fighting can't be left alone and the DemocRATs are all over them.

Cock Fights Are Not Sin
    Hell's foundations quiver at the shout of praise;
    brothers, lift your voices, loud your anthems raise.
    ...and get off my lawn
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Johny Joe Hold View Post
      On top of that, they are trying to limit the number of chickens per house to 15. This country has too much government.

What's next, rent control for chicken coops? Who cares about the population density per chicken quarters? If they were hispanic chickens, they would have large families stuffed into a tiny living area and trying to get them out would cause a ruckus. Liberals!
      His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

Guns For God and the Economy

Comment

They are at it again. Local Animal Control officials raided a man's home where he kept a few pet chickens. They happened by when some of his employees were cutting off the combs of the roosters.

I'll admit comb cutting is sometimes done so fighting cocks do not get the combs punctured and then bleed to death and lose a fight. But, these cocks may be just pets and some owners like the no-comb look. I've seen dogs wearing ridiculous sweaters.

So now this hard working man will pay a big fine and go to prison. Why?? Because some groups don't want the ancient and noble sport of cock fighting in Des Moines, IA. Soon we will prohibit cats from killing mice.

Periodically, I get calls from people here in Freehold who tell me they are certain their neighbor is raising fighting cocks. I always ask the caller to read me the Bible verse that says raising fighting cocks in a sin. No one has called me back.

Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

Some people prefer uncut, Mr. Mayor - but that doesn't give them the right to dictate how others prepare their cocks. On one of my missions to the youth in Key West, Florida, I discovered a secret group of men in the middle keys who were quite active in displaying the prowess of their cock handling. A little money was made, fun was had by all, and then - out of the blue - police showed up. Arrests followed the mood was dampened. I took a couple of the audience members back to my hotel room to console them after helping them escape out the back gate. You'll be hard pressed to find activity like this in most places.

Again, you're showing leadership by keeping government out of the lives of your citizens (with the exception of legislating sin, of course). Bully for you, and may our LORD GOD richly bless you with wisdom and courage in these troubled times.
          Proverbs 21:31 KJV 1611:
          “The horse is prepared against the day of battell: but safetie is of the Lord.”

Lord, may I serve my equine brothers and sisters just as I do my fellow man.
          Amen and Amen

Comment

Working...
          X