X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Circus Mom Dies

Sad news struck America today when "mommy" died a crazy old lady from natural causes. I'm sure we all remember her proper ladylike demeanor and the excellent mothering skills she never failed to demonstrate.

'Family Circus' mommy dies in Phoenix

Thelma Keane, depicted in the The Family Circus cartoon as mommy, died Friday at age 82 of Alzheimer's disease.

Cartoonist Bil Keane's drawings reflected the family's own at-home adventures that included cartoon kids - Billy, Dolly, Jeffy, PJ and their parents. His wife, "Thel" that rhythms with bell, was an inspiration for the cartoons and had a large likeness that people recognized her at grocery stores, the cartoonist said Sunday. Thel became her husband's business and financial manager as Family Circus gained fans and now is featured in about 1,500 newspapers.

A memorial service will be held in the small servants chapel on Wednesday.
    Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Re: Family Circus Mom Dies

Typical salad bar Christian comic strip. Look at this warm fuzzy example:
    Every child should know that Jesus on the cross is what really saved us all.
    Attached Files
    Matthew:
    5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
    5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled
    10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
    10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

sigpic

Comment

Ah, The Family Circus.

I remember many's the Sunday, after a particularly harrowing service (like the time three Emos showed up and tried to steal from the offering plate), I'd pick up the paper and flip to the comics for a few minutes of mindless relaxation. Nothing, not one comic was more mindless than The Family Circus.
      Bible boring? Nonsense!
      Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
      You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

Comment

I particularly didn't like the Sunday version which was extended and often showed a GHOST! who was responsible for Billy's mischief. They were teaching two lessons at the same time: It's OK to lie to adults, and to blame one's transgressions on the supernatural.
        May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobar King View Post
          I particularly didn't like the Sunday version which was extended and often showed a GHOST! who was responsible for Billy's mischief. They were teaching two lessons at the same time: It's OK to lie to adults, and to blame one's transgressions on the supernatural.
          Yes, indeed, you are right. And not to mention 7 year old billy never aged. What kind of wiccidian magic is that?
          Matthew:
          5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
          5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled
          10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
          10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X