X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Science proves that black people look like apes.

Originally posted by Felicity View Post
    Does this mean we should feed them peanuts?
    I would believe so

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
      Brother Levi, they don't even understand how magnets work.
      And you do?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon the Swede View Post
        And you do?
        i don't understand how magnets work, but i am a lowly woman. i am not supposed to.

(Billy Bob: I approve this post.)
        1 Corinthians 11:3
        But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Property of Billy Bob Jenkins

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy Lou Jenkins View Post
          i don't understand how magnets work, but i am a lowly woman. i am not supposed to.
          But you CAN understand it, EVERYONE can understand how things work, you only have to try it. It's not so difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Bob Jenkins View Post
            Apes can at least learn sign language, while Negros can't even master their first language!
            I also hear they have taught Apes to drive cars. Still something that Negros aren't good at.
            “By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.” – 1 John 5:2-3

Comment

But you CAN understand it, EVERYONE can understand how things work, you only have to try it. It's not so difficult.
              Stop hitting on my wife! This is a Christian forum, not for swingers.
              The Only Real Climate Change Will be Hell!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Bob Jenkins View Post
                Stop hitting on my wife! This is a Christian forum, not for swingers.
                Hitting? Please, I was merely motivating her for learning some new stuff and making a point that everybody (including darker skinned people) can learn anything.

Believe me, I have no interest in your 'wife' wathsoever.

Comment

Instead of "understand", you mean "come up with fairy tales to help you sleep at night".

You're right. It's not so difficult! Heathens did it thousands of years ago, inventing all kinds of false gods. Of course, they did it with obvious things like the sun, the moon, thunder, volcanoes, etc. It's only more recently that atheist science-types like you have begun to worry at things no one else cares about. Even so, many fine Christians here are familiar with the various "theories" of magnetism out there.

None of us, however, mistake these theories... better termed quasi-abstract fantasies ...as facts that can be "understood". Anyone can come up with a narrative to fit so-called observable facts. So what? None of that carries anything like the sheer weight of God's Authority as does the Holy Bible!
                  sigpic
                  Revelations 6:16
                  "And said to the mountains and rocks,
                  Fall on us, and hide us from the face
                  of him that sitteth on the throne,
                  and from the wrath of the Lamb"

Comment

Originally posted by barton View Post
                    Instead of "understand", you mean "come up with fairy tales to help you sleep at night".

You're right. It's not so difficult! Heathens did it thousands of years ago, inventing all kinds of false gods. Of course, they did it with obvious things like the sun, the moon, thunder, volcanoes, etc. It's only more recently that atheist science-types like you have begun to worry at things no one else cares about. Even so, many fine Christians here are familiar with the various "theories" of magnetism out there.

None of us, however, mistake these theories... better termed quasi-abstract fantasies ...as facts that can be "understood". Anyone can come up with a narrative to fit so-called observable facts. So what? None of that carries anything like the sheer weight of God's Authority as does the Holy Bible!
                    Because there are different theories for magnets? Explain me the different theories behind simple magnets.

There are only different theories about the working or the mechanism behind a proven fact (like gravitation, evolution, big bang,...) that could be right, it's not because it says it's a theory, that it's not true. It only means we're not certainly wich theory is right that has be given be scientists (but we are certain that they are very possible).

Comment

Because there are different theories for magnets? Explain me the different theories behind simple magnets.
                      Why should I do that? I don't believe any of them are of God.
                      There are only different theories about the working or the mechanism behind a proven fact (like gravitation, evolution, big bang,...) that could be right, it's not because it says it's a theory, that it's not true. It only means we're not certainly wich theory is right that has be given be scientists (but we are certain that they are very possible).
                      You dance around the issue with the dexterity of a porcupine.

You admit your so-called knowledge is, in reality, theoretical. You further concede that these theories are not really right, just probably right. To top it off, you finally confess that you are not even one of these atheist scientists that comes up with these fanciful stories you call theories! Wow! You have a lot of faith in things that even the scientists don't claim as fact.

You shallow, Godless fool! You are content to let the science page of the newspaper dictate your beliefs?
                      sigpic
                      Revelations 6:16
                      "And said to the mountains and rocks,
                      Fall on us, and hide us from the face
                      of him that sitteth on the throne,
                      and from the wrath of the Lamb"

Comment

Originally posted by barton View Post
                        Why should I do that? I don't believe any of them are of God.
                        You dance around the issue with the dexterity of a porcupine.

You admit your so-called knowledge is, in reality, theoretical. You further concede that these theories are not really right, just probably right. To top it off, you finally confess that you are not even one of these atheist scientists that comes up with these fanciful stories you call theories! Wow! You have a lot of faith in things that even the scientists don't claim as fact.
                        So you think that an Iron piece won't have any effect on a magnet (or vice versa)? You're so naive.

Theories are here to explain the mechanism behind facts, if there is nothing to disprove the theories there will remain there. Quoting the Bible isn't good enough to disprove the theories anyway(because it's a theory in itself, you assume that God exist and have faith in it , faith is believing without proof), but you're right, they might be not true, but they're not untrue, you can see the truth as a curve, each theorie goes pretty close to this, but we're not sure wich one is the closest. Therefor we try to find new facts and observation to rectify this theory, it evolves in time, it's not made in one day you know.

A theory is called a theory because it's the closest thing we think it is to the truth but will never be a 100% sure of this, but this does not mean it's a fairytale.

And try to explain me that God exists without the use of the bible. That's what scientists do all the time, trying to explain something with what they got and from nothing but their logic and scientific method (observation and ect).

Comment

And try to explain me that God exists without the use of the bible. That's what scientists do all the time, trying to explain something with what they got and from nothing but their logic and scientific method (observation and ect).
                          This is a blatant double standard at work here. You want us to prove God without the Bible. Okay, can you prove magnetism without invoking scientific research papers, journals, or textbooks?

Watch the #1 Televangelist Gospel Hour in the World! "Turn or Burn: Accept Christ or Go to Hell with Rev. Jim Osborne." Check your local cable listings.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev. Jim Osborne View Post
                            This is a blatant double standard at work here. You want us to prove God without the Bible. Okay, can you prove magnetism without invoking scientific research papers, journals, or textbooks?

Actually I can, I ran myself a project (for school, when I was younger) about magnetism where I searched experiments to prove it and what I could find about it's properties. It's all about scientific method and logic, just as I said. There excist many measure techniques to prove magnetism, like ferrofluida, a liquid that can make the magnetic field visible. Or other apparature that measures Gauss (the equivalent to Fahrenheit for temperature) and shows it's intensity. You only take a magnet and you do whatever you think of, only if it learns you new information about the magnet (or other subject) to know more about the magnet itself.

There are even toys about magnetism, a globe that holds still in the air without any strings or whatsoever, only magnetism. If you think that I need books to proof a simple fact like that, you wrong.

To find something new, you must forget for a moment what you know and use your logic to find the answer.

Comment

Actually I can, I ran myself a project (for school, when I was younger) about magnetism where I searched experiments to prove it and what I could find about it's properties. It's all about scientific method and logic, just as I said. There excist many measure techniques to prove magnetism, like ferrofluida, a liquid that can make the magnetic field visible. Or other apparature that measures Gauss (the equivalent to Fahrenheit for temperature) and shows it's intensity. You only take a magnet and you do whatever you think of, only if it learns you new information about the magnet (or other subject) to know more about the magnet itself.

There are even toys about magnetism, a globe that holds still in the air without any strings or whatsoever, only magnetism. If you think that I need books to proof a simple fact like that, you wrong.

To find something new, you must forget for a moment what you know and use your logic to find the answer.
                              Why are you talking about magnets on this thread? I do not see magnets mentioned anywhere in the thread title.
                              Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth
                              Proverbs 19:25 Smite a scorner, and the simple will beware: and reprove one that hath understanding, and he will understand knowledge.
                              Ezekiel 16:14 And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.
                              Proverbs 6:25 Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.
                              Genesis 24:16 And the damsel was very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man known her: and she went down to the well, and filled her pitcher, and came up.
                              Song of Solomon 1:15 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa H View Post
                                Why are you talking about magnets on this thread? I do not see magnets mentioned anywhere in the thread title.
                                Sheldon, as usual, goes on a Swiss Roll and tends to drag everything down to science and Greek metaphysics Lisa. He'll take any thread off-topic in a matter of 2 posts.

I blame the parents.

YIC, McUinnean

Comment

Working...
                                X