X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I avoid crying when my husband disciplines me?

When I misbehave or don't learn my Bible lessons well enough, it's the duty of my husband, Mr. Whitford, to discipline me, and I accept that. The Lord has ordered me to submit to my husband in all things, and that's the way it should be (Adam wasn't formed from Eve's rib, after all).
    So when he strikes me, it's for my own good. But it does hurt, so naturally I want to cry. He hasn't said anything about it yet, but I want to do the right thing to make his life easier and not distract him from Jesus. Should I try not to cry at all, or wait until he's done and cry in another room so as not to disturb him? Or should I cry right there to show that I'm learning my lesson?
    If I could get some feedback before I ask him, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you, and God bless!
    Posted via Prayer

1 Timothy 2:13-15 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
    Bearing my husband's heirs and being SAVED!

Blogging for CHRIST!
    Witnessing for GOD on YouTube!
    All a-Twitter for Salvation!
    Bringing Jesus to MySpace!
    On FIRE for the Lord on Facebook!
    My Ladies of Landover profile!

Re: Should I avoid crying when my husband disciplines me?

Originally posted by Sister Mary Maria View Post
    When I misbehave or don't learn my Bible lessons well enough, it's the duty of my husband, Mr. Whitford, to discipline me, and I accept that. The Lord has ordered me to submit to my husband in all things, and that's the way it should be (Adam wasn't formed from Eve's rib, after all).
    So when he strikes me, it's for my own good. But it does hurt, so naturally I want to cry. He hasn't said anything about it yet, but I want to do the right thing to make his life easier and not distract him from Jesus. Should I try not to cry at all, or wait until he's done and cry in another room so as not to disturb him? Or should I cry right there to show that I'm learning my lesson?
    Personally, if God were ever to smite me with a wife, I would wish to ensure that she spent as much of her waking life crying as possible. Perhaps it would be preferable if she avoided weeping while preparing food, but perhaps not - the salty taste of her tears when added to my rice might provide a valuable reminder of the Sin of Eve. I'd say that, if you break down in tears in front of him at every possible occassion, it'd give any decent, loving Christian husband a warm feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment. If he's in an especially good mood, he might give you an extra backhander or two, just to show he cares.
    O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it--for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet! We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.

God being truth, justice, goodness, beauty, power, and life, man is falsehood, iniquity, evil, ugliness, impotence, and death. God being master, man is the slave. Incapable of finding justice, truth, and eternal life by his own effort, he can attain them only through a divine revelation... he who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter, but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Temperance View Post
      Personally, if God were ever to smite me with a wife, I would wish to ensure that she spent as much of her waking life crying as possible. Perhaps it would be preferable if she avoided weeping while preparing food, but perhaps not - the salty taste of her tears when added to my rice might provide a valuable reminder of the Sin of Eve. I'd say that, if you break down in tears in front of him at every possible occassion, it'd give any decent, loving Christian husband a warm feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment. If he's in an especially good mood, he might give you an extra backhander or two, just to show he cares.

I think Brother Temperance has hit the nail on the head on several fronts Sister. Whether you cry or not isn't important as long as it pleases your husband. Since asking him which he prefers may also cause him to be annoyed; I suggest you try them all on a trial and error type basis and accept any additional punishment you may receive as your duty for Christ. Remember, a happy home starts in the heart.
      Last edited by Deaner; 05-13-2007, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Perhaps it would be best to silently Weep those big old tears big as horse turds so as not to annoy your Husband - very much as He Himself did!

Not that He "annoyed" your Husband of course.
        In fact, I can't even remotely imagine Him annoying anyone!
        Last edited by SUV; 05-15-2007, 06:35 PM.

Comment

So when he strikes me, it's for my own good.
          But it does hurt, so naturally I .... etc etc etc. My Lord, you're a dense, whiny woman.
          Sister, you must be completely unfamiliar with scripture. Does this passage from THE BIBLE not tell you what your long suffering husband is expecting from you:

As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste. He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love (Song Of Solomon 2:3-4).

Please, just go your prayer closet and get yourself right with God before your good husband looses all his patience with you.
          sigpic

I loved Newt before Newt was invincible

Comment

Should I try not to cry at all, or wait until he's done and cry in another room so as not to disturb him? Or should I cry right there to show that I'm learning my lesson?
            If I could get some feedback before I ask him, it would be greatly appreciated.
            Thank you, and God bless!
            Sister M&M, I can't imagine letting your tears mess up a sparkling clean floor, so if you do cry, be sure to catch your tears, or you'll be getting yet another spanking for not keeping his home perfect. Other than that, it seems that failing to cry will only cause the punishment to be more severe, something Jesus would surely approve of.
            Jesus - gentle, dependable overnight relief.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Lee View Post
              Sister, you must be completely unfamiliar with scripture. Does this passage from THE BIBLE not tell you what your long suffering husband is expecting from you:

As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste. He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love (Song Of Solomon 2:3-4).

Please, just go your prayer closet and get yourself right with God before your good husband looses all his patience with you.
              He has loosed his patience on me several times already, but I am learning. Now I stay in the kitchen and my bedroom, and keep a radio on me at all times. If he wants something, he will call me on the radio.

Bless you all for your wonderful advice! I will take it and pray on it.
              Posted via Prayer

1 Timothy 2:13-15 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Blogging for CHRIST!

Comment

good job on the forum, very funny indeed, you had me going there for a minute.

Just an elaborate play with all of you as its actors.

Comment

Originally posted by xtort View Post

Excuse me, former-civil-wrong? There is no playing, no acting here.

This Forum is as real as Jesus' Unconditional Love and the Fires of Hell into which He will drop-kick you if you do not obey His every Word!

If you consider this all a big joke, I suggest you take a look at what we say. We don't make up Scripture; we only relay what God says in His Word. Look it up for yourself.

I realize many people, who have heard Pastor Feelgood's lies for years, have a difficult time accepting God for who He really is. They like to think God is all about pink and purple clouds, and tie-dies, and hippie lurve. NO! God smites and then eternally tortures His enemies! Who are His enemies? All those who do not follow Him the way He wants to be followed, by complete obedience to His Law!

Perhaps you should review a few Bible quizzes at www.landoverbaptist.org/quizlist.html to help point you in the right direction. After each 10-question quiz, you'll get the answers with Scripture to help you understand God's true nature.

I hope this helps you understand that we only want to share the Truth about God and Jesus.

Comment

Well put. After all, all the world's a stage (or a cage, in some accounts), and we have no choice but to play out the roles that GOD has assigned us, for He can throw a hissy fit far outstripping the tantrum of any British theatre fag when He is disobeyed. But what about you? Will your character have a happy ending or a sad one? Will you fluff your lines, or will you stand out proud and recite the words that GOD has written for you, and invite Jesus into your heart?
                    O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it--for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet! We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.

God being truth, justice, goodness, beauty, power, and life, man is falsehood, iniquity, evil, ugliness, impotence, and death. God being master, man is the slave. Incapable of finding justice, truth, and eternal life by his own effort, he can attain them only through a divine revelation... he who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter, but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.

Comment

HOW DARE YOU! I come here to ask the good people of my Bible-believing congregation a serious question about my still young marriage, and you come and spew your venom all over it!
                      This is why I hate the internet, but I overlook it so I can witness to more people how Jesus has made my life so much better. My life may look like a joke to you, but I assure you, it's no joke and I am very happy to live it according to God's word. I submit to my husband in all things just as God has ordained, and if that's a laughing matter to you, I'd much rather you take it somewhere else please. Thank you.
                      Posted via Prayer

Blogging for CHRIST!

Comment

My wife Delores finds it difficult to cry out with the red plastic ball gag strapped into her mouth.

Comment

I will light a fart on your god. And laugh whilst I bask in the glory of flatulence based combustion.

Comment

I will light a fart on your god. And laugh whilst I bask in the glory of flatulence based combustion.
                            Well isn't that grown up? You want to barge into our Godly, loving forum with flatulence jokes. We are all very impressed.

What time does the short bus take you to your sheltered workshop, boy?
                            Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

And yet we let people with these same thought-processes vote?! Well, I guess someone has to vote democrat...
                              Trump 2020: "For Real This Time"

Comment

Working...
                              X