X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • James Hutchins
    True Christian™
    Just a Regular Nice Guy
     
    • Jun 2009
    • 29457

    #1

    Remembering My Sweet Father

    I had a dad like many of you did. I thought he was the best guy in the world. He taught me how to play baseball. He warned me about girls. He took me hunting, teaching me to hunt bare handed (not easy, let me assure you). He provided for me, clothed my back, fed my stomach. He only beat me when I deserved it. Took me to Church several times a week, always talked about the Bible and how important it was to be a Baptist.
    Dad did not go to college as his father (Ompa) had him stay home and work the tobacco farm, but his younger brother did (became a doctor, never heard from him again, the bastard). Dad worked the farm and other odd jobs most of his life, always taking care of his family. When he went on drinking binges, he always left some in the bottle for the next guy. Dad, the guy that looked out for his fellow man, that is how I think of him. He'd give you the shirt off of his back, assuming you could tolerate the smell.
    Well, because of his limited education and always getting the raw deals, the cops were always harassing him. I probably had to pay bail or hire some joo lawyer several times a year. LOL, dad was often on vacation when the court cases came up and I never got any of my bail money back. He said they would always wait until he skipped town to schedule the court date.
    One day, dear old dad was simply minding his own business when a few of the NC finest came calling. Being he had just gotten out of the drunk tank earlier that day and the cops there had beat him pretty bad, he was in no mood for their shenanigans. As dad told me (and I know it is true, he never lied, said God hates liars) these cops came at him to beat him some more. In self defense, merely using equivalent force, he took on these three cops. As always, my dad won the fight. Wouldn't you know it, SWAT came and arrested daddy. This time there was no bail.
    Well, the kangaroo court did not want to hear anything from the defense. They even ignored me when I took the stand and told them dad was innocent because dad told me he did not do it and that dad would never lie because God hates liars. In short order, dad was convicted. It will be 30 years since his conviction on 09/24/1979
    On the plus side, dad made history being the first person executed (03/16/1984) in NC since the death penalty was reinstated. That is dad, always the leader, always first.
    Well, thanks dad, you made me the outstanding man I am today. I have learned all out society and the Church from you. You gave me the tools to survive in todays world.
    Attached Files
    Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
    Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
    Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
    Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
    Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
    Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
  • SUV
    True Christian™ Princess
    The Driving Force behind RA12
    Have at it, anytime!
    • Sep 2006
    • 11027

    #2
    Re: Remembering My Sweet Father

    Originally posted by James Hutchins View Post
    I had a dad like many of you did. I thought he was the best guy in the world. He taught me how to play baseball. He warned me about girls. He took me hunting, teaching me to hunt bare handed (not easy, let me assure you). He provided for me, clothed my back, fed my stomach. He only beat me when I deserved it.
    How I envy the relationship you had with your Father, Brother.

    Since I was only a dumb old girl and not worthy, my Dad never hit me half as hard as he did my Brother

    Comment

    • James Hutchins
      True Christian™
      Just a Regular Nice Guy
       
      • Jun 2009
      • 29457

      #3
      Re: Remembering My Sweet Father

      Originally posted by SUV View Post
      How I envy the relationship you had with your Father, Brother.

      Since I was only a dumb old girl and not worthy, my Dad never hit me half as hard as he did my Brother
      I know sister, I was one of the lucky ones to of had a parent that cared.

      At least you can have solace in that God knows of you.
      Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
      Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
      Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
      Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
      Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
      Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

      Comment

      • Rev. Jim Osborne
        True Christian™ Televangelist
        Director of Fundraising and Tithing
        On the Look Out for Wife #6!
        True Christian™
        • Jun 2009
        • 8622

        #4
        Re: Remembering My Sweet Father

        What a wonderful memoir, Brother James. I can see that you take after your father. It explains a lot about you. It's a crying shame that he got railroaded by the cops like that. I myself have had my run-ins with the law and can relate...although I haven't been executed, yet.

        Watch the #1 Televangelist Gospel Hour in the World! "Turn or Burn: Accept Christ or Go to Hell with Rev. Jim Osborne." Check your local cable listings.

        Comment

        • James Hutchins
          True Christian™
          Just a Regular Nice Guy
           
          • Jun 2009
          • 29457

          #5
          Re: Remembering My Sweet Father

          Thank you Rev. Osborne. Many of the folks that knew my dad in and out of 'camp' (dads term, he was always looking at the bright side) say my personality is a spittin' image of dad though I do look more like my mom, so I have been told.

          Part of what makes the pain so poignant, is the current harassment of Pastor Steve Anderson. I really know what he is going though.
          Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
          Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
          Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
          Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
          Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
          Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

          Comment

          • Butterfly
            Unsaved trash, whore for satan
            • Jul 2009
            • 116

            #6
            Re: Remembering My Sweet Father

            I know I am unsaved trash and a lowly woman on top of that so this may not count for much but from your account your father was a very good man.

            And in some way I think I owe my gratitude to your wonderful father as well. Do to the fact that he raised you so well that you now have the strength and intelligence to save people like me if you see fit.
            I can't do good by you people! So I give up I tried your way for change, it sucked. So now back to my way.

            Comment

            • Rev. Jim Osborne
              True Christian™ Televangelist
              Director of Fundraising and Tithing
              On the Look Out for Wife #6!
              True Christian™
              • Jun 2009
              • 8622

              #7
              Re: Remembering My Sweet Father

              Originally posted by Butterfly View Post
              I know I am unsaved trash and a lowly woman on top of that....
              Keep it coming. Humility and acknowledging one's inferiority is the first step to becoming Saved(r).

              Watch the #1 Televangelist Gospel Hour in the World! "Turn or Burn: Accept Christ or Go to Hell with Rev. Jim Osborne." Check your local cable listings.

              Comment

              • James Hutchins
                True Christian™
                Just a Regular Nice Guy
                 
                • Jun 2009
                • 29457

                #8
                Re: Remembering My Sweet Father

                Thank you Butterfly. It means a lot to have the support of people during this stressful time. I can no longer go and visit my hometown as folks try to stone me! I was not even with my dad on that fateful day the three cops died at the hands of my dad. But still society holds me responsible. Even my son, James W. II is torn up by it being he has his grand-daddy's name. Being he just turned 19 this August and graduated college last spring, I figured it was time to tell him his legacy.
                Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
                Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
                Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
                Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
                Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
                Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

                Comment

                • angels
                  Forum Member, lost in space
                  Forum Member
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 794

                  #9
                  Re: Remembering My Sweet Father

                  Dear Mr. Hutchins.

                  Thankyou so much for sharing this with us. You are one of the most honest and caring men here. And I'm sure your father is very very proud of you.
                  I would wish my father was at least half the man that your father. Maybe it's because I'm just a mere girl.
                  But I'm very proud to know you.

                  Comment

                  • Bryan Tamariki
                    Forum Member
                    Forum Member
                    • Aug 2007
                    • 285

                    #10
                    Re: Remembering My Sweet Father

                    I'm sorry to hear about your father Brother James. I pray that he rests with Our Lord Jesus. Sincerely, Bryan.
                    Joshua 24:15
                    And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

                    Comment

                    • James Hutchins
                      True Christian™
                      Just a Regular Nice Guy
                       
                      • Jun 2009
                      • 29457

                      #11
                      Re: Remembering My Sweet Father

                      Thank you for your comforting words. If I were not a True Christian™, I'd go pay a visit to that nasty judge and prosecutor. Poor James the II is so worked up and being such a young hot headed fellow, I've had to take the keys from his 4X4. The last thing I want is to have him with my daddy before me. To help him work off some of this pent up frustration, I have him working the fields, overseeing the workers picking the fall corn harvest.
                      Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
                      Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
                      Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
                      Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
                      Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
                      Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

                      Comment

                      • James Hutchins
                        True Christian™
                        Just a Regular Nice Guy
                         
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 29457

                        #12
                        Re: Remembering My Sweet Father

                        Some one anonymously emailed me the following. Talk about twisting the knife in my heart a little more! I hope this anonymous person burns in Hell for being so cruel.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                        JAMES W HUTCHINS
                        Offender ID:
                        0199590

                        Inmate Status:
                        INACTIVE

                        Gender:
                        MALE

                        Race:
                        WHITE

                        Age:
                        80

                        Name(s) Of Record
                        Last Name Suffix First Name Middle Name Name Type
                        HUTCHINS JAMES W COMMITTED
                        Most Recent Incarceration Summary
                        Incarceration Status:
                        INACTIVE Total Incarceration Term: DEATH

                        Conviction Date: Projected Release Date:
                        DEATH

                        Primary Crime:
                        MURDER FIRST DEGREE (PRINCIPAL) Crime Type: FELON

                        Special Characteristics:
                        DEATH ROW

                        Admission Date:
                        09/25/1979 Admission Facility: CENTRAL PRISON

                        Control Status:
                        REGULAR POPULATION Next Control Review: UNKNOWN

                        Custody Classification:
                        MEDIUM Next Custody Review: UNKNOWN

                        Number Of Infractions:
                        0 Last Infraction Date: N/A

                        Current Location:
                        NOT PUBLIC INFORMATION Previous Location: CENTRAL PRISON

                        Last Movement :
                        EXECUTION Last Movement Date: 03/16/1984
                        Detainers?: N Escapes?: N

                        Offender Sentence History
                        Most Recent Period of Incarceration Record
                        Sentence Number:
                        AA-001 Commitment Type: INMATE

                        Conviction Date:
                        09/24/1979 County Of Conviction: MCDOWELL

                        Service Status:
                        EXPIRED Sentence Begin Date: 09/24/1979

                        12-Sep-09 Page 1
                        Report Name: Offender Information
                        Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
                        Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
                        Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
                        Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
                        Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
                        Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

                        Comment

                        • SUV
                          True Christian™ Princess
                          The Driving Force behind RA12
                          Have at it, anytime!
                          • Sep 2006
                          • 11027

                          #13
                          Re: Remembering My Sweet Father

                          Brother James, I would take pride in that. In fact, I would put it on a T-shirt.

                          Let's see the un$avED try to mock and scorn us THEN!!!

                          Comment

                          • James Hutchins
                            True Christian™
                            Just a Regular Nice Guy
                             
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 29457

                            #14
                            Re: Remembering My Sweet Father

                            Sister SUV, you may have something there. Instead of feeling ashamed and upset, we should rejoice. Dad did get to be with Jesus and God sooner than expected.

                            You Church elders certainly always know exactly what to say! Even though you are just a woman, Thank You. I'll have the missus email you some chocolate chip cookies.
                            Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
                            Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
                            Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
                            Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
                            Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
                            Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

                            Comment

                            • HTannor
                              America's Most Fair and Balanced Judge
                              True Christian™
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 2612

                              #15
                              Re: Remembering My Sweet Father

                              The world is a lesser place without the likes of your father, Brother James.

                              You have so much to be proud of in your loving memories of him.
                              The Honorable HTannor (Pro NRA, Anti-Homer Marriage), Judge, Freehold Supreme Court

                              "Credo elvem etiam vivere"

                              Comment

                              Working...