X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Follower
    Confirmed Enemy of God
    BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
    • Aug 2008
    • 34

    #1

    My quest for knowledge...

    Hello! I have joined this forum today, to help answer questions for my theology class I am taking. I am trying to learn the True Christian answers. And while I am using this for my class, I also hope to find myself closer to the Lord by doing this. So, if you don't mind, can I ask a few questions?
  • Rev. M. Rodimer
    Honorary True Christian™
    Forum Member
    • May 2008
    • 13996

    #2
    Re: My quest for knowledge...

    Originally posted by Follower View Post
    Hello! I have joined this forum today, to help answer questions for my theology class I am taking. I am trying to learn the True Christian answers. And while I am using this for my class, I also hope to find myself closer to the Lord by doing this. So, if you don't mind, can I ask a few questions?
    Sure.

    First, a question for you: Have you ever read the Bible?
    Bible boring? Nonsense!
    Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
    You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

    Comment

    • Follower
      Confirmed Enemy of God
      BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
      • Aug 2008
      • 34

      #3
      Re: My quest for knowledge...

      Originally posted by Rev. M. Rodimer View Post
      Sure.

      First, a question for you: Have you ever read the Bible?
      Sure, I am willing to answer any questions you guys have. Yes, I have. Not too in depth though, and I am going to fully read it starting tonight.

      Comment

      • Pastor Ezekiel
        Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study
         
        • Sep 2006
        • 78556

        #4
        Re: My quest for knowledge...

        Originally posted by Follower View Post
        Hello! I have joined this forum today, to help answer questions for my theology class I am taking. I am trying to learn the True Christian answers. And while I am using this for my class, I also hope to find myself closer to the Lord by doing this. So, if you don't mind, can I ask a few questions?
        Certainly young lady. But first, please give me the name of your high school and the teacher in charge of the course. We'll need to verify your story.

        In the mean time, a summary of our beliefs can be read HERE. You should also take a look at THIS thread, designed for newbies like you.
        Who Will Jesus Damn?

        Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

        Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

        Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

        Comment

        • Rev. M. Rodimer
          Honorary True Christian™
          Forum Member
          • May 2008
          • 13996

          #5
          Re: My quest for knowledge...

          Originally posted by Follower View Post
          Sure, I am willing to answer any questions you guys have. Yes, I have. Not too in depth though, and I am going to fully read it starting tonight.
          Conveniently, this very forum has a Bible in a Year section, with commentary by the very Godly Brother V!
          Bible boring? Nonsense!
          Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
          You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

          Comment

          • Follower
            Confirmed Enemy of God
            BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
            • Aug 2008
            • 34

            #6
            Re: My quest for knowledge...

            Originally posted by Rev. M. Rodimer View Post
            Conveniently, this very forum has a Bible in a Year section, with commentary by the very Godly Brother V!
            Ok, sounds great! But I am actually a male, and taking this course in college. I am going to look at the threads now. Thanks!

            Comment

            • Follower
              Confirmed Enemy of God
              BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
              • Aug 2008
              • 34

              #7
              Re: My quest for knowledge...

              Ok, first question, if the earth is flat, how thick is it? I got that one after reading another thread.

              Comment

              • Bob4God
                Moderator
                Arms Dealer for CHRIST
                Hands folded for Jesus
                 
                • Apr 2008
                • 5274

                #8
                Re: My quest for knowledge...

                Well, if the Lake of Fire is at the center of the earth (that is, at a central point deep down under the flat crust) then the earth must be pretty thick to hold all of the folks that our loving GOD has populated it with. The number of Chinese down there alone would mean that the earth must be somewhere as thick as Asia is wide!

                Anybody else have any input on this?
                sigpic
                The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.
                - Proverbs 15:3

                CHILDREN'S STORY: TIMMY ON TRIAL


                CHRISTIAN ADVICE AND MESSAGES OF HOPE! GOD'S GREATEST HITS!


                Comment

                • Follower
                  Confirmed Enemy of God
                  BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
                  • Aug 2008
                  • 34

                  #9
                  Re: My quest for knowledge...

                  Ok, here is another one, why do you guys deny that other religions existed before Christianity? I mean I know you say that God created earth, and it is only 6000 years old, but then how come scientists did carbon-dating, and proved it is much older than that, and that Christianity took many things from Paganism, including the birthdate of Jesus.

                  Comment

                  • Bob4God
                    Moderator
                    Arms Dealer for CHRIST
                    Hands folded for Jesus
                     
                    • Apr 2008
                    • 5274

                    #10
                    Re: My quest for knowledge...

                    Originally posted by Follower View Post
                    Ok, here is another one, why do you guys deny that other religions existed before Christianity? I mean I know you say that God created earth, and it is only 6000 years old, but then how come scientists did carbon-dating, and proved it is much older than that, and that Christianity took many things from Paganism, including the birthdate of Jesus.
                    Christianity means worshipping CHRIST, and being like HIM. Because HE has always existed, and created Adam and Eve -who were the first Christians- there can be no other religions before us.

                    I've heard many an atheist say that Christianity borrowed everything from CHRIST'S date of birth to communion from the pagans, and that JESUS wasn't the first savior figure to be born of a virgin, hunted by kings, persecuted for HIS teachings, put to death and revived to ascend into Heaven, because the Greeks and Egyptians had the same stories about their false gods, like dionysus and Horus.

                    Well I'll tell you, the Bible predicted the birth and life of JESUS long before these silly pagans thought up their false gods. When you look at the facts, it's clear that satan went along and made up counterfeit saviors to throw people off the track and trip them up straight to hell.
                    sigpic
                    The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.
                    - Proverbs 15:3

                    CHILDREN'S STORY: TIMMY ON TRIAL


                    CHRISTIAN ADVICE AND MESSAGES OF HOPE! GOD'S GREATEST HITS!


                    Comment

                    • Follower
                      Confirmed Enemy of God
                      BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
                      • Aug 2008
                      • 34

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Bob4God View Post
                      Christianity means worshipping CHRIST, and being like HIM. Because HE has always existed, and created Adam and Eve -who were the first Christians- there can be no other religions before us.

                      I've heard many an atheist say that Christianity borrowed everything from CHRIST'S date of birth to communion from the pagans, and that JESUS wasn't the first savior figure to be born of a virgin, hunted by kings, persecuted for HIS teachings, put to death and revived to ascend into Heaven, because the Greeks and Egyptians had the same stories about their false gods, like dionysus and Horus.

                      Well I'll tell you, the Bible predicted the birth and life of JESUS long before these silly pagans thought up their false gods. When you look at the facts, it's clear that satan went along and made up counterfeit saviors to throw people off the track and trip them up straight to hell.
                      So, what you are saying, is that Satan made the carbon dating tests read that way? And Ancient Greece and Egypt according to historians came way before Christ was born. Could you give me a timeline where all this has happened in six thousand years?

                      Comment

                      • Bob4God
                        Moderator
                        Arms Dealer for CHRIST
                        Hands folded for Jesus
                         
                        • Apr 2008
                        • 5274

                        #12
                        Re: My quest for knowledge...

                        Are you here to learn about our beliefs or argue?

                        Ahem...

                        This carbon dating stuff is a joke. Anything that has to do with secular science is part of an anti-christian agenda. Scientists are notorious for hating GOD, and they're always coming up with new 'evidence' that suggests that the world is so many billions of years old or that JESUS didn't exist. Satan loves to play these things up for the world to lead folks astray.

                        Historians are the same way. They don't want to be held responsible to the LORD THEIR GOD.

                        If you want a timeline, I can offer you the best one there is. It's called the Holy Bible. It has all the true facts about history and science. Why would you listen to what another human tells you about the world when you can get it from the Creator Himself?
                        sigpic
                        The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.
                        - Proverbs 15:3

                        CHILDREN'S STORY: TIMMY ON TRIAL


                        CHRISTIAN ADVICE AND MESSAGES OF HOPE! GOD'S GREATEST HITS!


                        Comment

                        • Follower
                          Confirmed Enemy of God
                          BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
                          • Aug 2008
                          • 34

                          #13
                          Re: My quest for knowledge...

                          Originally posted by Bob4God View Post
                          Are you here to learn about our beliefs or argue?

                          Ahem...

                          This carbon dating stuff is a joke. Anything that has to do with secular science is part of an anti-christian agenda. Scientists are notorious for hating GOD, and they're always coming up with new 'evidence' that suggests that the world is so many billions of years old or that JESUS didn't exist. Satan loves to play these things up for the world to lead folks astray.

                          Historians are the same way. They don't want to be held responsible to the LORD THEIR GOD.

                          If you want a timeline, I can offer you the best one there is. It's called the Holy Bible. It has all the true facts about history and science. Why would you listen to what another human tells you about the world when you can get it from the Creator Himself?
                          Ok, I shall put this in my paper. So you are telling me that has a Christian, you should have no connections with a scientist?

                          Comment

                          • Bob4God
                            Moderator
                            Arms Dealer for CHRIST
                            Hands folded for Jesus
                             
                            • Apr 2008
                            • 5274

                            #14
                            Re: My quest for knowledge...

                            The only connection you need is to the LORD JESUS! Amen??

                            We'd all love to read your paper when it's done. Please feel free to post it here, and let us know what your teacher thinks. His or her reaction will judge whether or not he or she is walking with JESUS or the devil.
                            sigpic
                            The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.
                            - Proverbs 15:3

                            CHILDREN'S STORY: TIMMY ON TRIAL


                            CHRISTIAN ADVICE AND MESSAGES OF HOPE! GOD'S GREATEST HITS!


                            Comment

                            • Follower
                              Confirmed Enemy of God
                              BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
                              • Aug 2008
                              • 34

                              #15
                              Re: My quest for knowledge...

                              Sure, I will make sure you post it on here!

                              What I am saying is that, as a True Christian, you shouldn't go to a doctor, or use things made by scientists, such as computers?

                              Comment

                              Working...