X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Rock4MyLord
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2009
    • 103

    #1

    I don't have any friends

    I feel alone, and I know that there is Scripture that should comfort me, but it is not working.

    (Psalms 46:1 KJV)
    (1) God {is} our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
    sigpicBrothers and sisters, True Christians! Please stop by my page and listen to my band's first song!

    http://www.purevolume.com/godslovenj Click and enjoy the new tune!
  • Miss April
    Landover's Version of Carrie Prejean
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 685

    #2
    Re: I don't have any friends

    Originally posted by Rock4MyLord View Post
    I feel alone, and I know that there is Scripture that should comfort me, but it is not working.

    (Psalms 46:1 KJV)
    (1) God {is} our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
    I will be your Friend you are not Alone You have got Us True Christins here on the Forum i know that sometimes Scripture does not help but remember that Lord is always there for you just Trust in him Everyday

    Comment

    • David Goldman
      (not a Jew)
      True Christian™
      • Aug 2009
      • 700

      #3
      Re: I don't have any friends

      You have a friend in Jesus!

      We are all friends here too, but I added you as an official friend just for good measure
      _
      _

      Proverbs 27:17
      Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
      Romans 1:20
      For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
      2 Timothy 2:15
      Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

      ___________________
      Connect with me on:
      Facebook -- Youtube -- Twitter

      Comment

      • Widow Green
        Forum Member
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2009
        • 45

        #4
        Re: I don't have any friends

        I'll be your friend.

        Comment

        • Pastor Ezekiel
          Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study
           
          • Sep 2006
          • 78556

          #5
          Re: I don't have any friends

          As a True Christian(tm) Pastor, I feel obligated to shun anyone who is unsaved, as the Bible commands.

          "Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds" -- 2 John 1:9-11
          Jesus isn't your friend either I'm afraid. Unless and until you are washed clean of sin with His blood, he knoweth you not.
          Who Will Jesus Damn?

          Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

          Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

          Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

          Comment

          • Rock4MyLord
            Forum Member
            Forum Member
            • Jul 2009
            • 103

            #6
            Re: I don't have any friends

            Thank you everyone. You make it easier to get along. You're a real good pick me up and I'm glad to have you here.

            And Pastor Zeke, I'm sorry you don't believe me to be a True Christian.

            Matt 5:11
            11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

            As you can see, the Bible tells me not to be upset by your false accusations.
            sigpicBrothers and sisters, True Christians! Please stop by my page and listen to my band's first song!

            http://www.purevolume.com/godslovenj Click and enjoy the new tune!

            Comment

            • kimsland
              Confirmed Enemy of God
              BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
              • Aug 2009
              • 34

              #7
              Re: I don't have any friends

              Well I am not jesus's friend as I am not religious
              But a true Christian has always got a friend and of course that is Jesus
              So your thread Title is not entirely accurate

              Be that as it may, you should seek companionship with others and make friends with all you meet (as other members above have done from you)
              Making friends is as easy as greeting others with open arms. Be happy that you have been saved and others believe in you

              Comment

              • Talitha
                Deaconess
                Gracious, genteel, kind, tender, and warm True Christian™ Sister
                True Christian™
                • Oct 2026
                • 15118

                #8
                Re: I don't have any friends

                Originally posted by Rock4MyLord View Post
                I feel alone, and I know that there is Scripture that should comfort me, but it is not working.

                (Psalms 46:1 KJV)
                (1) God {is} our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
                Instead of crying like a girl, why don't you try sending out some Friendship requests?
                I will of course ignore you but you may strike it lucky with some of our lesser members

                Sister Talitha

                Markswoman, Circumcisionist, Platinum Tither.


                HE took the damsel by the hand, and said unto her, Talitha Cumi; which is,
                being interpreted, Damsel, I say unto thee, arise!...Mark 5:41



                Comment

                • Rock4MyLord
                  Forum Member
                  Forum Member
                  • Jul 2009
                  • 103

                  #9
                  Re: I don't have any friends

                  Originally posted by Talitha View Post
                  Instead of crying like a girl, why don't you try sending out some Friendship requests?
                  I will of course ignore you but you may strike it lucky with some of our lesser members
                  Phil 2:3
                  3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

                  Don't worry. Clearly the Bible doesn't want me to be friends with you anyway.
                  sigpicBrothers and sisters, True Christians! Please stop by my page and listen to my band's first song!

                  http://www.purevolume.com/godslovenj Click and enjoy the new tune!

                  Comment

                  • Rapture Eddie
                    The Sermonator
                    True Christian™
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 219

                    #10
                    Re: I don't have any friends

                    Originally posted by Rock4MyLord View Post
                    Phil 2:3
                    3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

                    Don't worry. Clearly the Bible doesn't want me to be friends with you anyway.
                    I'll be your friend brother
                    JUDGEMENT DAY

                    sigpic

                    "I'll Be Back!!"

                    Comment

                    • Bob4God
                      Moderator
                      Arms Dealer for CHRIST
                      Hands folded for Jesus
                       
                      • Apr 2008
                      • 5274

                      #11
                      Re: I don't have any friends

                      Well if you don't believe everything I believe, I can't be your friend. (See the verse Zeke posted.)

                      I don't want any friends who aren't going to Heaven.
                      sigpic
                      The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.
                      - Proverbs 15:3

                      CHILDREN'S STORY: TIMMY ON TRIAL


                      CHRISTIAN ADVICE AND MESSAGES OF HOPE! GOD'S GREATEST HITS!


                      Comment

                      • Rock4MyLord
                        Forum Member
                        Forum Member
                        • Jul 2009
                        • 103

                        #12
                        Re: I don't have any friends

                        Originally posted by Bob4God View Post
                        Well if you don't believe everything I believe, I can't be your friend. (See the verse Zeke posted.)

                        I don't want any friends who aren't going to Heaven.
                        I do believe everything you do. I don't know why Pastor Zeke believes I am not a True Christian, but every time he picks on me, I remember this verse.

                        (Proverbs 30:5 KJV)
                        Every word of God is pure: He is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

                        As long as I have God's word to believe in, I don't have to worry about being accused of anything.

                        (Philippians 1:6 KJV)
                        Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
                        sigpicBrothers and sisters, True Christians! Please stop by my page and listen to my band's first song!

                        http://www.purevolume.com/godslovenj Click and enjoy the new tune!

                        Comment

                        • Bob4God
                          Moderator
                          Arms Dealer for CHRIST
                          Hands folded for Jesus
                           
                          • Apr 2008
                          • 5274

                          #13
                          Re: I don't have any friends

                          Originally posted by Rock4MyLord View Post
                          I do believe everything you do. I don't know why Pastor Zeke believes I am not a True Christian, but every time he picks on me, I remember this verse.

                          (Proverbs 30:5 KJV)
                          Every word of God is pure: He is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

                          As long as I have God's word to believe in, I don't have to worry about being accused of anything.

                          (Philippians 1:6 KJV)
                          Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
                          You attend Landover Baptist church?

                          You don't wear mixed fabrics?

                          You keep your hair short?

                          You don't engage in activities of flesh? (Unless to make children with your wife.)

                          You don't listen to rock and roll or other satanic musics?

                          You don't expose anything above your elbows?

                          You keep the LORD's day Holy?

                          You would readily stone witches, homosexuals, adulterers, zoophiles, transgenders, pedophiles, and incestuous pervert to death?
                          sigpic
                          The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.
                          - Proverbs 15:3

                          CHILDREN'S STORY: TIMMY ON TRIAL


                          CHRISTIAN ADVICE AND MESSAGES OF HOPE! GOD'S GREATEST HITS!


                          Comment

                          • Rock4MyLord
                            Forum Member
                            Forum Member
                            • Jul 2009
                            • 103

                            #14
                            Re: I don't have any friends

                            Originally posted by Bob4God View Post
                            You attend Landover Baptist church?

                            You don't wear mixed fabrics?

                            You keep your hair short?

                            You don't engage in activities of flesh? (Unless to make children with your wife.)

                            You don't listen to rock and roll or other satanic musics?

                            You don't expose anything above your elbows?

                            You keep the LORD's day Holy?

                            You would readily stone witches, homosexuals, adulterers, zoophiles, transgenders, pedophiles, and incestuous pervert to death?
                            You attend Landover Baptist church?
                            No, the Brookdale Baptist Church in Bloomfield, NJ.

                            You don't wear mixed fabrics?
                            I wear as plain clothes as possible.

                            You keep your hair short?
                            Yes. You can see a picture of my hair on my profile.

                            You don't engage in activities of flesh? (Unless to make children with your wife.) I am not married, and still a virgin. (By choice, of course)

                            You don't listen to rock and roll or other satanic musics?
                            No. I actually write my own Christian music. http://www.purevolume.com/godslovenj

                            You don't expose anything above your elbows?
                            Not even close. Every shirt I own is long sleeve.

                            You keep the LORD's day Holy?
                            Every Sunday is spent at Church from dusk until dinner time.

                            You would readily stone witches, homosexuals, adulterers, zoophiles, transgenders, pedophiles, and incestuous pervert to death?
                            I obey the Holy Bible word for word unless prevented by secular laws. Unfortunately, I've never had a chance to kill one of these heathens.

                            And you didn't ask this, but my favorite Bible verse is...

                            (Matthew 5:14-16 KJV)
                            (14) Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. (15) Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. (16) Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

                            It is important to me as a Christian musician. It lets me know that by playing music I am spreading God's glory.
                            sigpicBrothers and sisters, True Christians! Please stop by my page and listen to my band's first song!

                            http://www.purevolume.com/godslovenj Click and enjoy the new tune!

                            Comment

                            • Levi Jones
                              Pastor of Hermeneutics and Apologetics
                              Bathed in Christ's Precious Blood
                              Apostle to the Cactuses, Tumbleweeds and Jackrabbits
                               
                              • Jul 2009
                              • 13930

                              #15
                              Re: I don't have any friends

                              Why not make your picture your avatar? Why not clean up your signature line? It's a bit slovenly.

                              Mine may be unrecognizable to anyone but myself, but it's supposed to be the Ichthys surrounded by crosses.

                              The time I have spent learning to become a True Christian™ (I'm not even close yet, friend), I have buried my nose in The Word, as I can see you have too.

                              Why not find some way to make your Scriptural references stand out from your post, maybe bold italics?

                              And you have a friend request incoming.
                              Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

                              Comment

                              Working...