X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why, you ask, is God so angry?

Originally posted by RighteousFury666 View Post
    Well then how do you interpret this verse? I'm not saying we have to ignore parts, but sometimes you have to treat certain verses with creativity. Like Leviticus 19:19. And whatever, I'll make an intro thread. Also, what other accounts do you mean?
    1. I don't interpret Scripture (2 Peter 1:20).

2. If Jesus says you can't get in to Heaven for wearing mixed fabrics, I agree with Him. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

3. I made an intro thread for you.

4. Don't be an idiot.

YiC,

Z. Smyth
    sigpic

Comment

Well then how do you interpret this verse?
      Interpret verses?!? What are you talking about? Our God gave us all we need to know, written clearly so that there is NO interpreting.

Are you really going to come here and try to tell us that God's inerrant Word is not completely without contradiction or that His meaning isn't obvious to those who would open their eyes and hearts? You may be doing it wrong, friend.

I'm not saying we have to ignore parts, but sometimes you have to treat certain verses with creativity.
      Blasphemy! I can take one look at you, buddy, and tell that what you are trying to call "creativity" actually reads: "I'm scared to acknowledge that God loves me and knows best." Just admit that this is what you are saying.

Like Leviticus 19:19. And whatever, I'll make an intro thread. Also, what other accounts do you mean?
      What part of "Ye shall keep my statutes" is ambiguous? God didn't create the Earth and Man 6,000 years ago so that one day you would come along to edit His masterpiece. Duh!

Sorry about the "Duh!" but when someone tries to undermine my God, I get upset, ok. Interpret that!

Edit: Added emphasis to express the pain RighteousFury666 has caused me. I did not intend to start out today being persecuted by the likes of you, but I will bear this burden as we Christians have always done. You're welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark L. Snyde, PhD View Post
        So, I put to you, rather than foolishly ask why is God so angry, the true question is how can God NOT be angry enough to simply smite each and every non-True Christian™ alive right here and now and send them straightaway to the hell they so richly deserve and so stupidly and defiantly choose, rather than benevolently tolerating such monumental abuse in the name of mercy to give disgusting pieces of sewage the chance to be cleansed. That God would suffer so much abuse bellows resoundingly of the fact that He truly is a loving God. Would you, could you, my friend, show such compassion?
        That same question tormented me in my youthful years, but many hours with the KJV have made it plain.

Genesis 9:16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.

As there is surely a rainbow somewhere on earth at any given moment HE stays HIS hand, not because of compassion for the worthless sinners but for the promise to the just.

And as surely as JESUS saved us from our sins with his temporary death and prompt resurrection, GOD holds his rightful rage for the promise to the saved FEW.

PRAISE THE LORD!

For he is LORD of hosts, and HIS mighty arm and army are but waiting

Comment

Working...
        X