X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Des
    True Christian™
    True Christian™
    • Jun 2013
    • 2718

    #1

    BBQ 4 JC!

    It's that time of year again when God's favorite race dusts off the grills in remembrance of Genesis 8 and sends a sweet savour onto high.

    While scraping the remains of last summer's burnt offerings off my grill, I thought it would be fun to start talking about the high holy art of barbecuing. Noah may have invented it, but God left it to His favorite people, Americans, to perfect the art. It stands to reason then that we discuss it here.

    What is your favorite grill? Your favorite fuel? Which meats to you prefer to sear on it? Do you kill your own animals for the grill or buy the meat?

    Myself, I prefer a wood & charcoal burning offset smoker. I prefer red meat that I've personally shot, though I've been known to toss a rack of store bought ribs over the glowing coals.
    Psalm 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
  • Jedediah
    True Christian™ Creation Scientist
    Fisher of Men
    True Christian™
    • Feb 2010
    • 6824

    #2
    Re: BBQ 4 JC!

    When I BBQ, it's usually just tossing a few hot dogs on the gas grill. I mostly just leave it up to the rib to have dinner ready when I get home, but she always boils the hot dogs.

    Making burnt offerings to the LORD is a different matter altogether, though. I have a scaled down home version of one of these built out of cinder blocks, a section of galvanized steel fencing, and some flagstone left over from the church courtyard renovations a few years back. For that, I just douse a ram carcass with diesel and let the sweet savour waft off to Heaven.

    II Thessalonians 1:7-9
    And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
    In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
    Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power



    The man who is being progressively sanctified will inescapably sanctify his home, school, politics, economics, science, and all things else by understanding and interpreting all things in terms of the Word of God and by bringing all things under the Dominion of Christ the King. -R.J. Rushdoony

    Comment

    • Des
      True Christian™
      True Christian™
      • Jun 2013
      • 2718

      #3
      Re: BBQ 4 JC!

      That's one fine looking sacrificial altar, Brother Jedediah. I should have my Mexican handyman/gardener/gopher build me one.
      Psalm 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

      Comment

      Working...