X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sr. Salvador
    Unsaved trash
    Under Investigation
    • Jan 2010
    • 7

    #1

    I am looking for the Kingdom of God

    Hello! My name is Sr. Salvador. Well, not really. It's just my username.

    Up until a few days ago, I was an atheist. I thought God's existence was illogical, and saw no reason to believe in Him. Plus, I figured that with all of the bad luck I had, how could such cruelty come from my creator? It didn't make sense to me.

    But the other day, as I was opening the Bible to randomly choose passages to ridicule, I put my finger down on Is 41, 10: "Fear not, I am with you; be not dismayed; I am your God. I will strengthen you, and help you, and uphold you with my right hand of justice." Suddenly, I realized that maybe I had been wrong. The fact that this passage had been chosen randomly made me think that God might want me to worship Him. Unfortunately, I still can't comprehend many of God's actions. I came here in the hope that my questions may be answered.

    I hope you find me an enjoyable addition to the forum!
    Teach me.
  • Rev. Jim Osborne
    True Christian™ Televangelist
    Director of Fundraising and Tithing
    On the Look Out for Wife #6!
    True Christian™
    • Jun 2009
    • 8622

    #2
    Re: I am looking for the Kingdom of God

    Hello Mr. Salvador and welcome to God's Favorite Forum(tm). Are you a Mexican? If so, how can you speak proper American?

    Watch the #1 Televangelist Gospel Hour in the World! "Turn or Burn: Accept Christ or Go to Hell with Rev. Jim Osborne." Check your local cable listings.

    Comment

    • Sr. Salvador
      Unsaved trash
      Under Investigation
      • Jan 2010
      • 7

      #3
      Re: I am looking for the Kingdom of God

      I am of Mexican heritage, but my family has (legally, mind you) lived in southern California for three generations now. Thus, I have grown up speaking English (Or is it American?) and Spanish side-by-side.
      Teach me.

      Comment

      • Rev. Jim Osborne
        True Christian™ Televangelist
        Director of Fundraising and Tithing
        On the Look Out for Wife #6!
        True Christian™
        • Jun 2009
        • 8622

        #4
        Re: I am looking for the Kingdom of God

        So three generations of illegal immigrants, huh? Well, at least you are taking strides in renouncing your Guadalupe-worship and Santeria and embracing Christianity. Do you find it difficult to convert your brown-skinned brethern to the True Faith while you pick grapes and lettuce? Have you brought any of those illegal aliens to Christ?

        Watch the #1 Televangelist Gospel Hour in the World! "Turn or Burn: Accept Christ or Go to Hell with Rev. Jim Osborne." Check your local cable listings.

        Comment

        • Sr. Salvador
          Unsaved trash
          Under Investigation
          • Jan 2010
          • 7

          #5
          Re: I am looking for the Kingdom of God

          Again, all of my family and most of my neighbors are legal citizens of this wonderful country. About half of my friends are devout Christians, and half are atheists, like I was. My friends gave up converting us a long time ago. I hope to learn enough about Christianity to be able to finally convince them to convert. ...Unfortunately, I need to convince myself first. Hopefully this forum will help me with that.
          Teach me.

          Comment

          • James Hutchins
            True Christian™
            Just a Regular Nice Guy
             
            • Jun 2009
            • 29457

            #6
            Re: I am looking for the Kingdom of God

            I have never met a messican that was not a caterlick. Even the illegalsfellows who work on my farm (though if I catch one doing anything caterlick, I fire him) are caterlick. Tell me Pepe, what Church do you and your family attend?
            Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
            Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
            Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
            Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
            Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
            Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

            Comment

            • Sr. Salvador
              Unsaved trash
              Under Investigation
              • Jan 2010
              • 7

              #7
              Re: I am looking for the Kingdom of God

              My family is just as Atheist as I used to be. Hopefully I can help them convert with the things I hope to learn from this website.
              Teach me.

              Comment

              • James Hutchins
                True Christian™
                Just a Regular Nice Guy
                 
                • Jun 2009
                • 29457

                #8
                Re: I am looking for the Kingdom of God

                Originally posted by Sr. Salvador View Post
                My family is just as Atheist as I used to be. Hopefully I can help them convert with the things I hope to learn from this website.
                Atheists do not believe in procreation, how do you explain your existence?
                Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
                Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
                Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
                Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
                Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
                Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

                Comment

                • Sr. Salvador
                  Unsaved trash
                  Under Investigation
                  • Jan 2010
                  • 7

                  #9
                  Re: I am looking for the Kingdom of God

                  The only thing Atheists don't believe in is God. As for the rest of life, Atheists have a relavitivstic point of view.
                  Teach me.

                  Comment

                  • James Dewitt
                    #63 on Forbes'...but #1 in Jesus's Heart
                    • Jan 2010
                    • 6267

                    #10
                    Re: I am looking for the Kingdom of God

                    Originally posted by Sr. Salvador View Post
                    The only thing Atheists don't believe in is God. As for the rest of life, Atheists have a relavitivstic point of view.

                    Well Sally with out God what do you have? A realistic point of view and a dollar will get you a cheap cup of coffee! Get right with Jesus before the devil gets right with you!

                    Comment

                    • Pastor Ezekiel
                      Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study
                       
                      • Sep 2006
                      • 78556

                      #11
                      Re: I am looking for the Kingdom of God

                      Welcome to God's favorite forum. We're not hiring any day laborers at the moment.
                      Who Will Jesus Damn?

                      Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

                      Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

                      Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

                      Comment

                      • Sr. Salvador
                        Unsaved trash
                        Under Investigation
                        • Jan 2010
                        • 7

                        #12
                        Re: I am looking for the Kingdom of God

                        That's what I'm here to do.
                        Teach me.

                        Comment

                        • Sr. Salvador
                          Unsaved trash
                          Under Investigation
                          • Jan 2010
                          • 7

                          #13
                          Re: I am looking for the Kingdom of God

                          My apologies, my above post was directed towards Mr. James Dewitt. I have an enjoyable and profitable job as a tax collector, so I have no need for a second job, especially one that involves hard labor.
                          Teach me.

                          Comment

                          • Paul Jeffery
                            Forum Member
                            Forum Member
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 272

                            #14
                            Re: I am looking for the Kingdom of God

                            Originally posted by Sr. Salvador View Post
                            ...Unfortunately, I need to convince myself first. Hopefully this forum will help me with that.
                            So you're not convinced, then. How can we help you to convince yourself that accepting Jesus into your heart and obeying God's commands is in your best interests?

                            1 Kings 20:35-36 (1611 King James Version)

                            35And a certain man of the sons of the prophets said unto his neighbour in the word of the LORD, Smite me, I pray thee. And the man refused to smite him.
                            36Then said he unto him, Because thou hast not obeyed the voice of the LORD, behold, as soon as thou art departed from me, a lion shall slay thee. And as soon as he was departed from him, a lion found him, and slew him.


                            Seriously, Pedro, if a person is to be bound for the promised land, he must "unbind" himself from the world we live in! That means you must open yourself to learning. Your Bible is where you start.
                            sigpicMIKE HUCKABEE/RAND PAUL - 2012 (or sooner if possible)

                            Comment

                            • Levi Jones
                              Pastor of Hermeneutics and Apologetics
                              Bathed in Christ's Precious Blood
                              Apostle to the Cactuses, Tumbleweeds and Jackrabbits
                               
                              • Jul 2009
                              • 13930

                              #15
                              Re: I am looking for the Kingdom of God

                              Originally posted by Sr. Salvador View Post
                              My apologies, my above post was directed towards Mr. James Dewitt. I have an enjoyable and profitable job as a tax collector, so I have no need for a second job, especially one that involves hard labor.


                              I suppose even Jesus supped with publicans. Still,
                              Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

                              Comment

                              Working...