Re: Time for my intro
Son,I did not see any 'KKK imagery' that you speak of. I saw your screen shot and the person in question is wearing religous garb. I was unable to see anything that said "KKK".
X
-
Re: Time for my intro
http://i49.tinypic.com/eg8nxi.jpg is to what I referOriginally posted by SayvedByTheLord View PostBoy, to what do you refer ?
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for my intro
Do you know me? Do you know what I have seen and the physical and mental pain I have experienced? Have you ever thought that maybe some people have seen/felt/experienced things so horrible and terrifying, that they believe there is no way possible that there is a God, or if there is a God, that they would never want to be embraced by Him?Originally posted by Rev. Jim Osborne View PostI don't understand why people are so calm about accepting this. They acknowledge they are going to Hell, but they don't care. Don't they realize that Hell is an eternity of being burned alive? An eternity of the worst torture possible?
What if I told you in Hell you have to see your family (children, parents, loved ones, etc) get tortured for eternity. Would you be so bold as to say "If I go, so be it."?
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for my intro
Boy, to what do you refer ?Originally posted by satan's favorite holeboy View PostYou seem to have missed the point. I never accused anyone of being involved in the KKK here. I just pointed out that he said he has never seen anyone here with KKK imagery, and a person in his friends list on the SAME PAGE has a KKK avatar (imagery). Just something I lol'd at and felt like sharing.
Jesus sent you to us to become Saved® and Washed in His Blood©
We are loving and tolerant Christians here but you are starting to upset Jesus.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for my intro
I don't understand why people are so calm about accepting this. They acknowledge they are going to Hell, but they don't care. Don't they realize that Hell is an eternity of being burned alive? An eternity of the worst torture possible?Originally posted by satan's favorite holeboy View PostAnd as I said before, if I was wrong, and do go to hell, I can accept that because I was wrong.
What if I told you in Hell you have to see your family (children, parents, loved ones, etc) get tortured for eternity. Would you be so bold as to say "If I go, so be it."?
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for my intro
You seem to have missed the point. I never accused anyone of being involved in the KKK here. I just pointed out that he said he has never seen anyone here with KKK imagery, and a person in his friends list on the SAME PAGE has a KKK avatar (imagery). Just something I lol'd at and felt like sharing.Originally posted by Bobby-Joe View PostFriend,
No one at Landover is a member of that group of liberal false Christians the KKK. Those guys only wear comfort robes to rip Landover off. Heck the KKK was only started in the late 1860's.
There is no room for hate at Landover.
Just to clarify: I am not making fun of you James, it was just ironic.
Jed: I don't worship anything. I don't try to convert people.
What is this "everything" that I will be losing? I'm still alive, and am prepared to die. I take risks every day, as I would rather have lived recklessly and enjoy it, than keep to myself and regret not having fun.
And as I said before, if I was wrong, and do go to hell, I can accept that because I was wrong. If Heaven is "everything", well I think I just covered that as well.
God=Life: I looked at your signature, and the first thing I saw was Jesus H. Christ (what does H stand for?), supernatural born U.S. citizen. That's all I needed to see to understand that I can't trust anything you say.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for my intro
It probably won't surprise you that my answer is along the lines of "yes, Heaven"Originally posted by satan's favorite holeboy View PostI guess I will answer your question with another one: As long as I am truly sorry for my sins, and do my best to be a good person in general, am I losing that much?
You can be a great person here on earth. Many atheists are honest, caring, loving law-abiding people. But the Bible is pretty clear that no matter how good they are, they will go to Hell.
Interestingly, the same applies to the vast majority of Christians. A person can be a Christian all his life and talk the Christian talk, but get sent to Hell anyway. See my signature for relevant scripture.
That's what bothers God about so many so-called Christians: they pick and choose the parts that are convenient to them, but ignore the parts that aren't. God is not a puppet. Jesus is not a personalized Savior.
You might meet a Christian who substantiates homophobia with Leviticus for example, but they will eat shrimp (we don't!). Another Christian will dismiss Leviticus altogether because it's in the Old Testament (very popular argument among false Christians), etc.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for my intro
Son, to answer that question, let us take a look at some Scripture.Originally posted by satan's favorite holeboy View PostHonestly, nothing.
I guess I will answer your question with another one: As long as I am truly sorry for my sins, and do my best to be a good person in general, am I losing that much?
Deuteronomy 7:4
For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the LORD be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly.
Joshua 22:29
God forbid that we should rebel against the LORD, and turn this day from following the LORD, to build an altar for burnt offerings, for meat offerings, or for sacrifices, beside the altar of the LORD our God that is before his tabernacle.
Judges 2:12
And they forsook the LORD God of their fathers, which brought them out of the land of Egypt, and followed other gods, of the gods of the people that were round about them, and bowed themselves unto them, and provoked the LORD to anger.
In other words, if you do not accept Jesus as your Savior, you have everything to lose and Hell to gain
.
Hope that answered your question.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for my intro
Friend,Originally posted by satan's favorite holeboy View PostAs a side note, James, I was viewing your member page, and got a good laugh recently. I have a screen-shot if you don't believe me. You wrote on your wall that you have never seen anyone here with KKK imagery, and in your friends list was SayvedBy.... Their avatar is a KKK member in front of a cross
No one at Landover is a member of that group of liberal false Christians the KKK. Those guys only wear comfort robes to rip Landover off. Heck the KKK was only started in the late 1860's.
There is no room for hate at Landover.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for my intro
Honestly, nothing.Originally posted by GOD=life View PostI have a question for you: what do you have to lose by accepting Jesus as your savior?
I guess I will answer your question with another one: As long as I am truly sorry for my sins, and do my best to be a good person in general, am I losing that much?
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for my intro
God=Life: I trust myself. I can count on myself. I am happy. What else do I need? (Don't say Jesus because we have been over this. If I am wrong, and I spend all eternity being cornholed(is this word offensive?) by Lucifer, well, then I had it wrong, and I had it coming. The thing is that I can accept that, and am not fearful.)
James: I can understand what you are saying about dinner. Thank you for clarifying that, it eased me a little.
I have read some threads about rape here, and one that stands out was that someone wanted to set up their daughter to be raped by a True Christian because she were in love with a successful, intelligent man. EEK!!
As a side note, James, I was viewing your member page, and got a good laugh recently. I have a screen-shot if you don't believe me. You wrote on your wall that you have never seen anyone here with KKK imagery, and in your friends list was SayvedBy.... Their avatar is a KKK member in front of a cross
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for my intro
And yet you see no problem when people use religion to substantiate their own opinions?Originally posted by satan's favorite holeboy View Postand I believe religion can be very dangerous if taken too literally.
We trust God, not our own opinions or conscience.
If you can't trust God, whom can you trust?
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for my intro
What makes you think for one second we are not opposed to rape? Not that I want to move this thread off topic away from the joys of meeting a new person into the sordid cesspool of personal affronts but so be it.Originally posted by satan's favorite holeboy View Post............You folk (a small devout percentage), not so much advocate, but are not not opposed to rape. Sometimes people take things too far, and I believe religion can be very dangerous if taken too literally.
See, people think that because we follow the Bible, we like it. That would be ridiculous. The Bible is like a dinner. You have a nice glass of wine, some Mashed potato's, a terrific steak. But then you find the vegetable is Brussels Sprouts - Yuck!
But someone went though the effort to prepare the meal for you so you eat it. Well rape is like Brussels Sprouts. The Bible has specific procedures to follow in the case of a rape. So we follow them. Secular law also comes into play and in situations where secular law prohibits Biblical law, we have to follow secular law. It is a tough life, many distasteful things but, by living as God intended, we are nearly assured a place in Heaven.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Time for my intro
Attention is the least of my worries, that's not while I'm here. I get plenty of that on my own.Originally posted by Paul Jeffery View PostOK, Holeboy, so you like attention. That much you've managed to make crystal clear. I haven't read the entire transcript of all your posts yet, but don't really feel it necessary for me to see that you seem to have some sort of beef with Jesus and with those of us who've chosen to live forever in Heaven with Him.
So what (and I do apologize for coming in so late here) exactly IS your beef with Jesus?
Not really a beef with Jesus, just a beef with religion. As I said, religion causes people to do crazy things. I understand faith, which is a wonderful thing to have, but I think there is such as thing as too much faith. Sometimes, people take ideas and concepts too far. Muslims, a small percentage of them, blow themselves up in the name of God for instance. You folk (a small devout percentage), not so much advocate, but are not not opposed to rape. Sometimes people take things too far, and I believe religion can be very dangerous if taken too literally.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: