X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • The Pinsir
    Unsaved trash
    Under Investigation
    • Dec 2010
    • 24

    #1

    Hi! I'm new here! A quick question!

    I'm Devan. I'm a 20 year old college student from Louisiana. I was saved when I was about eight or nine, and have never looked back.

    I believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ, his divinity, his crucification for the redemption of sin, and his resurrection, so am therefore a Christian. I also believe that that universe began with a bang, and that life evolved from single celled organisms living with the ocean. I'll go more into why science and religion ARE compatible later.

    I am a protestant Christian, like all of you here. I've been browsing this site for like an hour or so on here, and I've found some things I like. However, I've noticed a few things. Most of you seem to be racists, sexist, and WAY over-conservative. So, I have a question for you guys. A serious one. Please take this seriously and don't just flame me, like I'm sure you probably will. My question:

    Is this website a joke?

    If not, do you guys actually READ the Bible, or do you just blindly obey what Glenn Beck tells you about it?
    Judges 15:15-16
    And he found a new jawbone of an ass, and put forth his hand, and took it, and slew a thousand men therewith. And Samson said, With the jawbone of an ass, heaps upon heaps, with the jaw of an ass have I slain a thousand men.
  • Lisa H
    Proud to be Blonde, Beautiful, and Baptist
    True Christian™
    • Jun 2010
    • 5070

    #2
    Re: Hi! I'm new here! A quick question!

    Originally posted by The Pinsir View Post
    I'm Devan. I'm a 20 year old college student from Louisiana. I was saved when I was about eight or nine, and have never looked back.

    I believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ, his divinity, his crucification for the redemption of sin, and his resurrection, so am therefore a Christian. I also believe that that universe began with a bang, and that life evolved from single celled organisms living with the ocean. I'll go more into why science and religion ARE compatible later.

    I am a protestant Christian, like all of you here. I've been browsing this site for like an hour or so on here, and I've found some things I like. However, I've noticed a few things. Most of you seem to be racists, sexist, and WAY over-conservative. So, I have a question for you guys. A serious one. Please take this seriously and don't just flame me, like I'm sure you probably will. My question:
    Originally posted by The Pinsir View Post
    Is this website a joke?
    You want be asking stupid questions like this once you are in Hell. The "joke" will be on you.

    Originally posted by The Pinsir View Post
    If not, do you guys actually READ the Bible, or do you just blindly obey what Glenn Beck tells you about it?
    Like Duh! of course we read Bible.
    Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth
    Proverbs 19:25 Smite a scorner, and the simple will beware: and reprove one that hath understanding, and he will understand knowledge.
    Ezekiel 16:14 And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.
    Proverbs 6:25 Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.
    Genesis 24:16 And the damsel was very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man known her: and she went down to the well, and filled her pitcher, and came up.
    Song of Solomon 1:15 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.

    Comment

    • The Pinsir
      Unsaved trash
      Under Investigation
      • Dec 2010
      • 24

      #3
      Re: Hi! I'm new here! A quick question!

      I also just realized that because I'm new here, I'm "unsaved trash". that's rude...
      Judges 15:15-16
      And he found a new jawbone of an ass, and put forth his hand, and took it, and slew a thousand men therewith. And Samson said, With the jawbone of an ass, heaps upon heaps, with the jaw of an ass have I slain a thousand men.

      Comment

      • Lisa H
        Proud to be Blonde, Beautiful, and Baptist
        True Christian™
        • Jun 2010
        • 5070

        #4
        Re: Hi! I'm new here! A quick question!

        Originally posted by The Pinsir View Post
        I also just realized that because I'm new here, I'm "unsaved trash". that's rude...
        Don't forget to take the trash with you when you leave.
        Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth
        Proverbs 19:25 Smite a scorner, and the simple will beware: and reprove one that hath understanding, and he will understand knowledge.
        Ezekiel 16:14 And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.
        Proverbs 6:25 Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.
        Genesis 24:16 And the damsel was very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man known her: and she went down to the well, and filled her pitcher, and came up.
        Song of Solomon 1:15 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.

        Comment

        • Lycia The Repentant
          Ex-prostitute on her knees for the Lord
          Now that she's Saved©, Priceless
          True Christian™
          • Sep 2010
          • 2019

          #5
          Re: Hi! I'm new here! A quick question!

          Originally posted by The Pinsir View Post
          I'm Devan. I'm a 20 year old college student from Louisiana. I was saved when I was about eight or nine, and have never looked back.

          I believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ, his divinity, his crucification for the redemption of sin, and his resurrection, so am therefore a Christian. I also believe that that universe began with a bang, and that life evolved from single celled organisms living with the ocean. I'll go more into why science and religion ARE compatible later.

          I am a protestant Christian, like all of you here. I've been browsing this site for like an hour or so on here, and I've found some things I like. However, I've noticed a few things. Most of you seem to be racists, sexist, and WAY over-conservative. So, I have a question for you guys. A serious one. Please take this seriously and don't just flame me, like I'm sure you probably will. My question:

          Is this website a joke?

          If not, do you guys actually READ the Bible, or do you just blindly obey what Glenn Beck tells you about it?
          No, this website is not a joke. There is absolutely nothing funny about God or Christianity. We are as serious as the Bible itself here.

          Yes, all of us have read the Bible here, multiple times over. That is one of the key reasons we take it so literally; there is no verse in the Bible that says any scripture is metaphorical.

          Let me ask you a question. Why do you believe in Jesus's virgin birth, His divinity, His crucifixion, and His resurrection, but not in the creation of the universe as told in Genesis?
          "Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you. For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him." Matthew 21:31-32

          An Important Reminder for all unSaved© Ladies
          Protect Yourself! Important Information about Demons
          My five Six Step Guide to Stopping Your Miserable Harlotry!
          Do you hate fornication? Join the Junior Anti-Sex League and help stop it today!
          An Open Question to All false christians.

          Comment

          • Pastor Isaac Peters
            Senior Pastor
            Ex-liberal; converted to True Christianity™
            Always Biblically correct
            True Christian™
            • Sep 2006
            • 10639

            #6
            Re: Hi! I'm new here! A quick question!

            Originally posted by The Pinsir View Post
            Is this website a joke?
            We are every bit as real as the love of Christ and the fires of hell. If we were joking, why would we quote the King James Bible exactly as it is? Wouldn't we corrupt the words to make them somehow funny?

            If not, do you guys actually READ the Bible, or do you just blindly obey what Glenn Beck tells you about it?
            Why would we care what a Mormon cultist like Glenn Beck has to say about the Bible?

            Originally posted by The Pinsir View Post
            I also just realized that because I'm new here, I'm "unsaved trash". that's rude...
            As a newcomer, you are necessarily under investigation.
            This church is dedicated to preaching True Christianity™ and the King James Bible exactly as they are, with no alterations to make them more politically correct for modern liberals. If you think that we've misquoted or twisted Scripture or quoted any verse out of context, please explain in detail how we've done so. Otherwise, if what you read on this site offends you, then you're offended by Almighty God and His Word, not by us.

            Questions to ask liberal "Christians" ✞ Things that the Bible doesn't say ✞ Tolerance

            sigpic

            Comment

            • James Dewitt
              #63 on Forbes'...but #1 in Jesus's Heart
              • Jan 2010
              • 6267

              #7
              Re: Hi! I'm new here! A quick question!

              Originally posted by Lycia The Repentant View Post
              No, this website is not a joke. There is absolutely nothing funny about God or Christianity. We are as serious as the Bible itself here.

              Yes, all of us have read the Bible here, multiple times over. That is one of the key reasons we take it so literally; there is no verse in the Bible that says any scripture is metaphorical.

              Let me ask you a question. Why do you believe in Jesus's virgin birth, His divinity, His crucifixion, and His resurrection, but not in the creation of the universe as told in Genesis?
              Dear Sister Lycia, he is what we call a Fluffy Bunny Christian. Sure they think they are Christians. They love the nice parts of the Bible. But when they read about the blood, guts and gore they shy away. Its a darn shame they gloss over the good stuff. I just can not understand how they can even think that God will let them into heaven.

              Comment

              • The Pinsir
                Unsaved trash
                Under Investigation
                • Dec 2010
                • 24

                #8
                Re: Hi! I'm new here! A quick question!

                Originally posted by Lycia The Repentant View Post
                No, this website is not a joke. There is absolutely nothing funny about God or Christianity. We are as serious as the Bible itself here.

                Yes, all of us have read the Bible here, multiple times over. That is one of the key reasons we take it so literally; there is no verse in the Bible that says any scripture is metaphorical.

                Let me ask you a question. Why do you believe in Jesus's virgin birth, His divinity, His crucifixion, and His resurrection, but not in the creation of the universe as told in Genesis?
                Genesis 1:1 says "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." (KJV). It doesn't say how. I simply believe modern science has figured out how. Also, the Bible doesn't say the words "immediately after" after Gen 1:1. I believe there is a gap of roughly 14.5 billion years (the estimated age of the universe according to science) between Gen 1:1 and 1:2. Also, the Young Earth belief doesn't make much sense to me; human civilizations have been around longer than 6,000 years. The Egyptians and Sumerians were around since before 4,000 BC.

                IMO, people have it stuck in their heads that science and religion are 100% incompatible and refuse to budge from this centuries-old mindset. I'm here to tell you that this simply is not the case
                Judges 15:15-16
                And he found a new jawbone of an ass, and put forth his hand, and took it, and slew a thousand men therewith. And Samson said, With the jawbone of an ass, heaps upon heaps, with the jaw of an ass have I slain a thousand men.

                Comment

                • Lisa H
                  Proud to be Blonde, Beautiful, and Baptist
                  True Christian™
                  • Jun 2010
                  • 5070

                  #9
                  Re: Hi! I'm new here! A quick question!

                  Originally posted by The Pinsir View Post
                  Genesis 1:1 says "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." (KJV). It doesn't say how. I simply believe modern science has figured out how. Also, the Bible doesn't say the words "immediately after" after Gen 1:1. I believe there is a gap of roughly 14.5 billion years (the estimated age of the universe according to science) between Gen 1:1 and 1:2. Also, the Young Earth belief doesn't make much sense to me; human civilizations have been around longer than 6,000 years. The Egyptians and Sumerians were around since before 4,000 BC.

                  IMO, people have it stuck in their heads that science and religion are 100% incompatible and refuse to budge from this centuries-old mindset. I'm here to tell you that this simply is not the case
                  The earth is only 6,000 years old. Where have you got your eduction from.

                  God gives men the knowledge to invent things. Please go and read about the tower of Babel.
                  Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth
                  Proverbs 19:25 Smite a scorner, and the simple will beware: and reprove one that hath understanding, and he will understand knowledge.
                  Ezekiel 16:14 And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.
                  Proverbs 6:25 Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.
                  Genesis 24:16 And the damsel was very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man known her: and she went down to the well, and filled her pitcher, and came up.
                  Song of Solomon 1:15 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.

                  Comment

                  • The Pinsir
                    Unsaved trash
                    Under Investigation
                    • Dec 2010
                    • 24

                    #10
                    Re: Hi! I'm new here! A quick question!

                    Originally posted by Pastor Isaac Peters View Post
                    We are every bit as real as the love of Christ and the fires of hell. If we were joking, why would we quote the King James Bible exactly as it is? Wouldn't we corrupt the words to make them somehow funny?

                    Why would we care what a Mormon cultist like Glenn Beck has to say about the Bible?

                    As a newcomer, you are necessarily under investigation.

                    I can understand the investigation, but calling newcomers "unsaved" and "trash" is a bit harsh, don't you think? I've already told you I was saved when I was around 8. And calling anyone "trash" is in violation of Matthew 7:1-2.
                    Judges 15:15-16
                    And he found a new jawbone of an ass, and put forth his hand, and took it, and slew a thousand men therewith. And Samson said, With the jawbone of an ass, heaps upon heaps, with the jaw of an ass have I slain a thousand men.

                    Comment

                    • Lycia The Repentant
                      Ex-prostitute on her knees for the Lord
                      Now that she's Saved©, Priceless
                      True Christian™
                      • Sep 2010
                      • 2019

                      #11
                      Re: Hi! I'm new here! A quick question!

                      Originally posted by The Pinsir View Post
                      Genesis 1:1 says "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." (KJV). It doesn't say how. I simply believe modern science has figured out how. Also, the Bible doesn't say the words "immediately after" after Gen 1:1. I believe there is a gap of roughly 14.5 billion years (the estimated age of the universe according to science) between Gen 1:1 and 1:2. Also, the Young Earth belief doesn't make much sense to me; human civilizations have been around longer than 6,000 years. The Egyptians and Sumerians were around since before 4,000 BC.

                      IMO, people have it stuck in their heads that science and religion are 100% incompatible and refuse to budge from this centuries-old mindset. I'm here to tell you that this simply is not the case
                      The Bible does give a timeframe for creation though, it happened over a period of a week. Here are the relevant verses:

                      "And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day." Genesis 1:5

                      "And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day." Genesis 1:8

                      "And the evening and the morning were the third day." Genesis 1:13

                      "And the evening and the morning were the fourth day." Genesis 1:19

                      "And the evening and the morning were the fifth day." Genesis 1:23

                      "And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day." Genesis 1:31

                      "And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made." Genesis 2:2

                      Do you still believe it took longer than six days for God to create the Earth? If so, why do you think the Bible would say otherwise?
                      "Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you. For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him." Matthew 21:31-32

                      An Important Reminder for all unSaved© Ladies
                      Protect Yourself! Important Information about Demons
                      My five Six Step Guide to Stopping Your Miserable Harlotry!
                      Do you hate fornication? Join the Junior Anti-Sex League and help stop it today!
                      An Open Question to All false christians.

                      Comment

                      • James Dewitt
                        #63 on Forbes'...but #1 in Jesus's Heart
                        • Jan 2010
                        • 6267

                        #12
                        Re: Hi! I'm new here! A quick question!

                        Originally posted by The Pinsir View Post
                        Genesis 1:1 says "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." (KJV). It doesn't say how. I simply believe modern science has figured out how. Also, the Bible doesn't say the words "immediately after" after Gen 1:1. I believe there is a gap of roughly 14.5 billion years (the estimated age of the universe according to science) between Gen 1:1 and 1:2. Also, the Young Earth belief doesn't make much sense to me; human civilizations have been around longer than 6,000 years. The Egyptians and Sumerians were around since before 4,000 BC.

                        IMO, people have it stuck in their heads that science and religion are 100% incompatible and refuse to budge from this centuries-old mindset. I'm here to tell you that this simply is not the case

                        I love math, lets see 4000(BC) + 2010( Age of Jesus)= 6010 years yep that's about right.
                        If I recall Gen1, God created everything in 6 days including Adam and Eve, He rested on the 7 day. 7 days equals 1 week not 14 billion years.

                        May I ask a question of you ? Cool, I notice that you are from Louisiana, is your Mom by chance your sister? Are you a Papist?

                        Comment

                        • Pastor Isaac Peters
                          Senior Pastor
                          Ex-liberal; converted to True Christianity™
                          Always Biblically correct
                          True Christian™
                          • Sep 2006
                          • 10639

                          #13
                          Re: Hi! I'm new here! A quick question!

                          Originally posted by The Pinsir View Post
                          Genesis 1:1 says "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." (KJV). It doesn't say how. I simply believe modern science has figured out how. Also, the Bible doesn't say the words "immediately after" after Gen 1:1. I believe there is a gap of roughly 14.5 billion years (the estimated age of the universe according to science) between Gen 1:1 and 1:2.
                          Then why does the Bible refer to days, with evenings and mornings, rather than extended periods of time? Also, how do you know which parts of the Bible to read as figures of speech and which to read literally? After all, some people insist that the Gospels are to be read allegorically as well. Finally, if you're right, then what is the time gap between the third and fourth days?

                          Also, the Young Earth belief doesn't make much sense to me; human civilizations have been around longer than 6,000 years. The Egyptians and Sumerians were around since before 4,000 BC.
                          Who says, and why is that person more trustworthy than the Bible?
                          This church is dedicated to preaching True Christianity™ and the King James Bible exactly as they are, with no alterations to make them more politically correct for modern liberals. If you think that we've misquoted or twisted Scripture or quoted any verse out of context, please explain in detail how we've done so. Otherwise, if what you read on this site offends you, then you're offended by Almighty God and His Word, not by us.

                          Questions to ask liberal "Christians" ✞ Things that the Bible doesn't say ✞ Tolerance

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • The Pinsir
                            Unsaved trash
                            Under Investigation
                            • Dec 2010
                            • 24

                            #14
                            Re: Hi! I'm new here! A quick question!

                            Originally posted by Lisa H View Post
                            The earth is only 6,000 years old. Where have you got your eduction from.

                            God gives men the knowledge to invent things. Please go and read about the tower of Babel.
                            I currently attend Southeastern Louisiana University. I'm a History major, with a minor in French. Before that, I went to Brusly High School. How is my education relevant?

                            I'm familiar with the story of the Tower of Babel, but I suppose I can read it again. How will it help?
                            Judges 15:15-16
                            And he found a new jawbone of an ass, and put forth his hand, and took it, and slew a thousand men therewith. And Samson said, With the jawbone of an ass, heaps upon heaps, with the jaw of an ass have I slain a thousand men.

                            Comment

                            • Pastor Isaac Peters
                              Senior Pastor
                              Ex-liberal; converted to True Christianity™
                              Always Biblically correct
                              True Christian™
                              • Sep 2006
                              • 10639

                              #15
                              Re: Hi! I'm new here! A quick question!

                              I've already told you I was saved when I was around 8.
                              So? Catholics also tell us they're saved.

                              And calling anyone "trash" is in violation of Matthew 7:1-2.
                              I direct your attention to the thread that you were supposed to read before posting.
                              This church is dedicated to preaching True Christianity™ and the King James Bible exactly as they are, with no alterations to make them more politically correct for modern liberals. If you think that we've misquoted or twisted Scripture or quoted any verse out of context, please explain in detail how we've done so. Otherwise, if what you read on this site offends you, then you're offended by Almighty God and His Word, not by us.

                              Questions to ask liberal "Christians" ✞ Things that the Bible doesn't say ✞ Tolerance

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...