X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pastor Ezekiel
    replied
    Re: Why Hello

    Originally posted by Zechariah Smyth View Post
    My daughter scored 166 (Stanford-Binet) and she can't find the laundry hamper.

    YiC,

    Z. Smyth
    I hope you lay beatings on her regularly.

    Can she bake a decent pie?

    Leave a comment:


  • Rev. Jim Osborne
    replied
    Re: Why Hello

    You make some great points, Alvin. And I think there should be a law that says if you announce a high IQ, you have already lost the debate. There is a tendency on the internet for people to desperately exaggerate, or outright lie about their physical and mental abilities. Just like how everyone it seems has 3 black belts, a 9 inch penis, and a Ph.D.

    But, what's really funny is that apparently, everyone on the web is a genius! Darwinette claims an IQ of 130 (which is much higher than the standard population) but to her credit, didn't go higher. I usually see IQs of between 140-160 claimed.



    Descriptive Classifications of Intelligence Quotients

    IQ
    Description
    % of Population
    130+
    Very superior
    2.2%
    120-129
    Superior
    6.7%
    110-119
    High average
    16.1%
    90-109
    Average
    50%
    80-89
    Low average
    16.1%
    70-79
    Borderline
    6.7%
    Below 70
    Extremely low
    2.2%
    People with IQs above 130 make up 2% of the population but 50+% on the internet. Fascinating, huh?

    As a person with a 142 IQ (tested on the Stanford-Binet), it's both flattering yet exasperating that everyone feels that they are on intellectual par with the chosen few like myself.

    Leave a comment:


  • Zechariah Smyth
    replied
    Re: Why Hello

    Originally posted by Cranky Old Man View Post
    I think darwinette doesn't know different IQ tests are used for men and women. A female with an IQ of 166 is about as smart as a male with an IQ of 83. It's unfortunate that most women don't realize all the things we men do to protect their feeble little minds.
    Brother Cranky, preach it!

    Tragically, I have been burdened with 3 daughters (AND ONE BEAUTIFUL SON!!!), and people simply can't imagine the amount of hand-holding and explaining and plain old corporal punishment a man has to provide each day for these women.

    The only upside to the whole ordeal is they are turning out to be fantastic cooks and seamstresses.



    Faithfully yours,

    Z-

    Leave a comment:


  • Cranky Old Man
    replied
    Re: Why Hello

    Originally posted by Zechariah Smyth View Post
    My daughter scored 166 (Stanford-Binet) and she can't find the laundry hamper. YiC, . Smyth
    I think darwinette doesn't know different IQ tests are used for men and women. A female with an IQ of 166 is about as smart as a male with an IQ of 83. It's unfortunate that most women don't realize all the things we men do to protect their feeble little minds.

    Leave a comment:


  • Zechariah Smyth
    replied
    Re: Why Hello

    Originally posted by darwinette View Post
    And I do not have a feeble brain. My IQ is well over 130.
    My daughter scored 166 (Stanford-Binet) and she can't find the laundry hamper.

    YiC,

    Z. Smyth

    Leave a comment:


  • Cursed
    replied
    Re: Why Hello

    Originally posted by Alvin View Post
    PPS: Shouldn't there be a corollary of Godwin's law to the effect that the first person to proclaim an above-average IQ has lost the debate?
    I agree; in addition to Nazis I think we can safely add I.Q., black belts, and basements.

    Leave a comment:


  • Alvin
    replied
    Re: Why Hello

    Originally posted by darwinette View Post

    And I do not have a feeble brain. My IQ is well over 130.
    Luke 14:11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.



    In my experience, there are typically only two kinds of people who even know their IQ:

    a) those who were sent for evaluation because they became a problem in school or at home

    b) those who voluntarily took a test because they wanted to join a mutual admiration club

    Now, I'm not sure which you are, but I believe there is only one kind of person who would proclaim a high IQ score in a discussion forum on the Intertubes: A person so insecure in their mental faculties that they can think of no other way to demonstrate their intelligence (or grip on reality) - and yet would desperately like to be taken seriously...

    No wonder you succumbed to the darwinistic peer pressure and have forsaken GOD in favor of atheistic nihilism...

    I pray for your inferiority complex.

    Alvin

    PS: As any educated person knows, an IQ score is a very objective, valid and reliable predictor of how well someone is likely to perform on a standardized IQ test. Or, in other words: how quickly and diligently someone can fill out certain kinds of standardized forms, containing no open-ended questions. I'm sure you will make a great bureaucratic peon one day...

    PPS: Shouldn't there be a corollary of Godwin's law to the effect that the first person to proclaim an above-average IQ has lost the debate?

    Leave a comment:


  • Yea-tho-we-walk
    replied
    Re: Why Hello

    Dar,we are all aware that all you atheists know each other, have secret handshakes and attend atheist meetings regularly. If you were a child you should be severely disiplined with a hard spanking. Spanking for women seems to stop having any effect at around the age of eleven, but strangely begans working again at around the eighteen to twenty three age. Since you are small, 5' 2'', and weigh 110, you probably just need a good spanking to set you back on the path to Jesus, contact Landover elders to schedule your therapy. You will be amazed to see the effects of a good old country style spanking. Amen.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cranky Old Man
    replied
    Re: Why Hello

    Originally posted by darwinette View Post
    I see. I got a little upset over the feeble minded woman comment.
    Feeble minded woman often get upset about that.

    Leave a comment:


  • darwinette
    replied
    Re: Why Hello

    Originally posted by Born Again Bob View Post
    Dear Friend,

    Funny, I find that the most intelligent people don't HAVE to broadcast their IQ. People just know. Don't you agree?

    Yours in Him,
    BAB <-------Honey Bunches of Saved
    I see. I got a little upset over the feeble minded woman comment.

    Leave a comment:


  • Born Again Bob
    replied
    Re: Why Hello

    Originally posted by darwinette View Post
    My IQ is well over 130.
    Dear Friend,

    Funny, I find that the most intelligent people don't HAVE to broadcast their IQ. People just know. Don't you agree?

    Yours in Him,
    BAB <-------Honey Bunches of Saved

    Leave a comment:


  • darwinette
    replied
    Re: Why Hello

    Originally posted by Rev. M. Rodimer View Post
    . . . but you announced in your very first post that you had rejected God and placed your faith in Darwinism.

    So, you are not trying to arrive at a conclusion or to seek truth. You have already arrived at your conclusions.

    Why are you really here?
    Besides having a great time, I'm seriously, honestly interested in knowing what other views of the world there are out there. It's called ethnology and ethnography.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rev. M. Rodimer
    replied
    Re: Why Hello

    Originally posted by darwinette View Post
    I am who I am. And I'm not here to fight or argue, I just want to see other points of view that exist besides my own. For the basis of truth and knowledge cannot be one sided or shaded by confirmation bias but looked at holistically ad comprehensively as possible to arrive at a well informed conclusion.
    . . . but you announced in your very first post that you had rejected God and placed your faith in Darwinism.

    So, you are not trying to arrive at a conclusion or to seek truth. You have already arrived at your conclusions.

    Why are you really here?

    Leave a comment:


  • darwinette
    replied
    Re: Why Hello

    Originally posted by Bible Student View Post
    Wait a minute, you are a contemporary of Charles Darwin and his associate scientists? That would make you at least 150 years old and you are just now beginning college? I guess I have to admire you for that much.

    I take it by your name you are a "little Darwin?" Exactly how short are you?
    I suppose I should have said "Charles Darwin and other more contemporary scientists."

    And I do not have a feeble brain. My IQ is well over 130.

    Finishing school went out of style in the 19th century. I am a woman. I am 5'2" tall. I weigh under 110 pounds. And I am the first person in my entire family to go to college, even amongst big, strong men well over six feet tall and weigh more than twice my weight. I think that's a testament to how things have changed in the world as well as the strength of an individual to overcome circumstances. In order to succeed, in an environment, one must adapt. I think that's one of the most important things Darwin noticed while in the Galapagos.

    Another thing: the time Darwin lived in was on the whole a Christian, essentialist era. The things he observed as a naturalist aboard the HMS Beagle changed his perception (and science's) of the world forever. He actually attended a theology school before postulating his theories of natural selection and the origin of all species. I admire him for having the guts to question what was accepted in favor of something that was right. I guess it shocks me that Creationism is still believed. I'm not attacking your beliefs, but even a majority of my Baptist and Roman Catholic family believes in a synthesis of evolution and creationism so it comes as a shock to me.

    And I'm done defending myself. I am who I am. And I'm not here to fight or argue, I just want to see other points of view that exist besides my own. For the basis of truth and knowledge cannot be one sided or shaded by confirmation bias but looked at holistically ad comprehensively as possible to arrive at a well informed conclusion.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Ezekiel
    replied
    Re: Why Hello

    Originally posted by darwinette View Post
    Oh, god or religion didn't do anything to me personally. I just couldn't find answers to questions I was seeking and looked elsewhere.
    So what you're saying is that because you couldn't figure Christianity out with your feeble female brain, you took the easy road and joined up with the monkey worshipers.

    This is a good example of why God commands men to do all the thinking.



    Originally posted by darwinette View Post
    And "why hello" is just an expression I grew up saying.
    I don't know, why?

    Leave a comment:

Working...