X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Holyfield
    replied
    Re: Greetings

    Originally posted by Cranky Old Man View Post
    Why only one son?
    Right on the spot. Both my wife and myself have quite demanding careers and have so far only been able to find enough energy and time to dedicate ourselves to the raising of one child. However, things change, and I am working for more. My wife has not yet made up her mind about a bigger family but she collects all the seasons of 7th Heaven and is watching the episodes all the time so I think she will soon be ready for it.

    Pursuing an academic career and marrying late in life does not really encourage producing lots of children. On the contrary one of my teenage friends from church married right after highschool and he now has seven children (with the same wife) and there is no reason why he whould stop there. Sometimes I am jealous of him but I tell myself that the Lord wanted my life to look different for a reason.

    Declining birthrates in whole of the (white) western world is a big problem, not only where I live. For those of you in the US who haven't realized yet what is coming, there is plenty of information if you look for it. Here is for example what Pat Buchanan (always worthwhile to read) has to say about the subject http://buchanan.org/blog/pjb-america...er-country-588.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rev. Q
    replied
    Re: Greetings

    I also hail from a Lutheran background, but you Euro-Lutherans are a completely different lot, for sure. I was LCMS, one of the more traditional branches (no homos, no women preachers, subservient women, and Biblical literalism), but even their views differed greatly from mine. I ultimately left that faith because people were getting too progressive, something I never thought I'd see (and definitely something my long-deceased great-grandfather, also an LCMS minister, would've despised).

    Welcome and Praise Jesus!

    Rev. Q

    Leave a comment:


  • Cranky Old Man
    replied
    Re: Greetings

    Welcome to our friendly forum!

    Why only one son?

    Leave a comment:


  • Holyfield
    started a topic Greetings

    Greetings

    Before I introduce myself I have to testify. This forum is refreshing for my spirit. I am thinking more about God and his word and is reading the Bible more than I have done for many years since I found it. God works in mysterious ways sometimes.

    I live in the country of Sweden in the part of Europe known to some of you as Sindinavia. It is actually the part of the world where most people are naturally blonde (ie before the muslims invaded). In fact in my elementary school class all children were blonde and had blue eyes. That is true also for myself, my wife and son.

    My great grandfather Israel and his first-born Reuben, my grandfather, were hard core baptists. My father however, got religiously "damaged" from being (in his own words) "forced to church every sunday" to "count the nails in the roof for three hours". He is a dedicated atheist and anti-christian.

    Partly because of that I didn't find the Lord until I was 17. That was 20 years ago. I was lead in salvation prayer by an american drummer who was touring in Europe with a christian rock band. Shortly after that I went to Israel on holiday and was baptized in the Jordan River. Praise Jesus!

    My wife is Lutheran. My son goes to former state Lutheran church sunday school. I, however left the lutheran church this fall because the church tries to be a place for everybody, and so it is no longer a place for christians. It is also very liberal, pro-homosexual and pro-muslim. I wish there was a Baptist church in my home town like Landover Baptist Church.

    Two verses I would like to share are Colossians 2:8 and Job 28:28.
Working...