X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Pastor Ezekiel
    Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study
     
    • Sep 2006
    • 78556

    #16
    Re: Dare I ask this but:

    Originally posted by SlipperySlope View Post
    If you're allowed to eat your sons and daughters during a siege doesn't this contradict thou shalt not kill, I didn't think you answered this and I'm looking for clarification.
    You're obviously a godmocking fool who thinks he's clever enough to convince us to abandon Christianity because you think you know more than God. Well you don't.

    God commands us not to kill our fellow True Christians(tm). The 10 Commandments don't apply to everyone, obviously. God orders us to kill witches, queers and atheists in the Holy Bible, so He obviously doesn't want a universal ban on killing.

    By the way, this is not a debate forum. Since you are posting in the introduction section of our Godly forum, why don't you show some decency and properly introduce yourself. Tell us what church you attend. Tell us about yourself.
    Who Will Jesus Damn?

    Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

    Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

    Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

    Comment

    • landoverlover
      Also loves Jesus and America
      True Christian™
      • Jul 2010
      • 828

      #17
      Re: Dare I ask this but:

      Medical marijuana? Are you kidding me?

      Revelations 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

      So-called medical marijuana is the biggest scam since evolution. Please, name one other ailment where the sufferers gather to enjoy and share their medication in a party atmosphere. Name a pharmacy that has prescription drugs with names like "brown leaf dream." And who use glass pipes shaped like demons and penises to ingest their "medication."

      Every. Single. Person. who uses the stuff is a lying, pot-smoking hippie. There will be plenty of smoke where they're going.
      Leviticus 13:44 He is a leprous man, he is UNCLEAN: the priest shall pronounce him utterly UNCLEAN; his plague is in his head.

      2 Kings 6:25 And there was a great famine in Samaria: and, behold, they besieged it, until an ass's head was sold for fourscore pieces of silver, and the fourth part of a cab of dove's dung for five pieces of silver.



      King James Bible v1611

      Good Enough For JESUS....Good Enough For Me !!

      sigpic

      Comment

      • James Hutchins
        True Christian™
        Just a Regular Nice Guy
         
        • Jun 2009
        • 29457

        #18
        Re: Dare I ask this but:

        Originally posted by SlipperySlope View Post
        I did have a look at the pictures. But I had a problem. There seems to be a location that is a strip up into the sky and heaven is beyond that. I'm trying to work out which direction I'm supposed to look in, unfortunately you diagram has unlabelled stars and all the stars seem to be at the same height as the moon so I can't work out which stars they are.

        ..........
        I am sorry if simple visual comprehension is not your strong suit. But obviously, I have to make is even simpler. There are three directions you can look.
        1. Straight ahead. This the Now.
        2. Down. That is where Hell is
        3. Up. That is where Heaven is
        You do know what down and up are, don't you?

        You may also want to go online and get this book. It seems well suited for you:
        Attached Files
        Last edited by James Hutchins; 07-02-2011, 12:41 AM.
        Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
        Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
        Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
        Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
        Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
        Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

        Comment

        • SlipperySlopeHeadedForeigner
          Confirmed Enemy of God
          • Jul 2011
          • 15

          #19
          Re: Dare I ask this but:

          Right, a proper introduction then.
          My name is James. I have studied Physics, Maths, Computer Science and am currently undertaking a degree Aeronautical Engineering.

          I'm an Atheist (Shocking I know).

          Now at this point I'm sure I'm now considered a "damned soul" by you lot. How ever it would be nice if you finished reading what I have to say, regardless of what you now and will think of me.

          I'm probably classed as a humanist/utilitarianist . I believe in what's best for humanity. I'm also pro-choice. This means, I support abortion, women's rights, and I openly like and will get along with any person, regardless of his or her religion. I do however dislike their religion (please note the difference).

          I feel that gays have a right to do what ever they want in private so long as there is mutual, legal consent.
          I feel that any activity that is fun/life enhancing is acceptable so long as it does not adversely effect society as a whole and raises the happiness of a population and the productivity of a population. That is I condone drinking (responsibly) and happily accept minor other drugs such as smoking and marijuana on the basis that the former is socially acceptable (although I dislike it) and the latter is harmless (impossible to overdose and so long as it covers my, doesn't affect society issues).

          I find it amusing how you hate Catholics so much as your religion is extremely similar. Further more I find that believing a book that has been written by countless people; improved upon by several writers; written after Jesus had gone; and out right contradicts proven facts to be amusing.

          I find it disturbing how, in one of your forum topics there are a large quantity of you calling for an apology from a girl who aborted a foetus which was conceived as she was raped.

          I also find that your posters make unjustified sweeping statements about countries. After seeing my country (UK) roasted by using incorrect facts I got irritated and joined the forum.

          God is not always pro life. He has killed so many people, if your bible is to be believed. For example (but not limited to), in stories such as Noah's Ark.

          This is, just the tip of the iceberg, of issues I have with this book.

          I would have thought that your God would be happy with my idea about life. It should produce a good society, and a peaceful one at that. No, I could never know more than an omniscient being. But I can easily know more than a few hundred, poorly educated scribes with relatively primitive knowledge of how things in the universe operate.

          My questions concerning where heaven is located was obviously too open and gentle. I get it heaven is above us somewhere. If it is further than we can see our souls cannot get there as information cannot travel faster than light so it would take, at least, the time since the universe began to get to heaven. If it is in visible range it should have a location. This is what I'm getting at. If is has a location, it should be detectable (and probably away from black holes).

          Lastly, how do you know that your book and your God are the correct book and God? How would you know? You can't say because I believe, as I could believe in a Zeus or the Great Invisible Banana in the Sky.

          Now before you shoot me would you care to show me your side of the story. I'm intrigued how people can be so certain about something that is provably uncertain. At the very least this can be around so that people don't have to keep asking the same questions to you lot.


          James

          Comment

          • Cranky Old Man
            Trying to out-Methuselah Methuselah
            You kids get off his lawn!
             
            • Jan 2010
            • 22380

            #20
            Re: Dare I ask this but:

            Originally posted by SlipperySlopeHeadedForeigner View Post
            I'm intrigued how people can be so certain about something that is provably uncertain.
            It's faith. You either have it, or you will end up in Hell.
            5 Reasons why GOD HATES WOMEN!
            To most "Christians" The Bible is like a license agreement. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree". All those "Christians" will burn in Hell!
            James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

            Comment

            • SlipperySlopeHeadedForeigner
              Confirmed Enemy of God
              • Jul 2011
              • 15

              #21
              Re: Dare I ask this but:

              Originally posted by Cranky Old Man View Post
              It's faith. You either have it, or you will end up in Hell.
              I've read some of your topics concerning having sex with daughters being fine according to the bible. As someone already said, it will cause mutation and will lead to handicapped children due to an issue with DNA replication.

              DNA is real. You can see it. There are several large experiments in the UK at diamond which bombard materials with neutrons from a neutron source and these neutrons can create a 3d image of molecules. They have also used it to study the molecular structure of spider silk. I don't need faith, proof will be much preferred and is much more probable and accurate.

              Comment

              • Cranky Old Man
                Trying to out-Methuselah Methuselah
                You kids get off his lawn!
                 
                • Jan 2010
                • 22380

                #22
                Re: Dare I ask this but:

                Originally posted by SlipperySlopeHeadedForeigner View Post
                I've read some of your topics concerning having sex with daughters being fine according to the bible. As someone already said, it will cause mutation and will lead to handicapped children due to an issue with DNA replication.
                Nonsense! Adam and Eve started with just 2 people, Noah had only a very smart group of people with him on the ark. Yet we are with over 6,000,000,000 people now, most of them not handicapped.

                Originally posted by SlipperySlopeHeadedForeigner View Post
                DNA is real. You can see it. There are several large experiments in the UK at diamond which bombard materials with neutrons from a neutron source and these neutrons can create a 3d image of molecules. They have also used it to study the molecular structure of spider silk. I don't need faith, proof will be much preferred and is much more probable and accurate.
                Did you actually see DNA? Or did you choose to believe someone who told you about it?
                5 Reasons why GOD HATES WOMEN!
                To most "Christians" The Bible is like a license agreement. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree". All those "Christians" will burn in Hell!
                James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

                Comment

                • Faith_Machine
                  Dyed-in-the-wool True Christian™
                  True Christian™
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 10050

                  #23
                  Re: Dare I ask this but:

                  Originally posted by SlipperySlopeHeadedForeigner View Post
                  I have studied...

                  I'm an...

                  ...what I have to say...

                  I'm probably classed as a...

                  I believe in...

                  I'm also...

                  I support...

                  I openly like...

                  I feel that...

                  I feel that...

                  That is I condone...

                  ...and happily accept...

                  I find it amusing...

                  Further more I find that...

                  I find it disturbing how...

                  I also find that...

                  ...issues I have with this book.

                  I would have thought that...

                  ...I could believe in...

                  I'm intrigued how...
                  Goodness gracious, friend, you sure to talk about yourself and your ideas an awful lot! Why are you here? We're here to talk about Jesus Christ and His ideas
                  WARNING:
                  In accordance with article 7 of the Swaggart Amendment to the Landover Baptist Church Constitution, you are hereby notified that this forum user is a
                  REGISTERED SPIRITUAL PREDATOR, and prohibited from sending or receiving personal messages, text messages, or instant messages to forum users below the rank of True Christian™. This user is further prohibited from engaging with any persons in real-time audio or video "chats" via Web cams, Skype, Facetime, or any other Internet audio/video technology or service.

                  Comment

                  • Faith_Machine
                    Dyed-in-the-wool True Christian™
                    True Christian™
                    • Mar 2011
                    • 10050

                    #24
                    Re: Dare I ask this but:

                    Originally posted by SlipperySlopeHeadedForeigner View Post
                    My questions concerning where heaven is located was obviously too open and gentle. I get it heaven is above us somewhere. If it is further than we can see our souls cannot get there as information cannot travel faster than light so it would take, at least, the time since the universe began to get to heaven. If it is in visible range it should have a location. This is what I'm getting at. If is has a location, it should be detectable (and probably away from black holes).
                    For somebody who claims to have studied science, you're not very knowledgeable. Ever heard of quantum entanglement, friend? That enables information to replicate itself instantaneously, without the speed of light even factoring into the equation.

                    All of which is completely irrelevant, because God created time. Do you think the very Supreme Being who invented the concepts of time and distance is going to by limited by those things when he moves souls around?
                    WARNING:
                    In accordance with article 7 of the Swaggart Amendment to the Landover Baptist Church Constitution, you are hereby notified that this forum user is a
                    REGISTERED SPIRITUAL PREDATOR, and prohibited from sending or receiving personal messages, text messages, or instant messages to forum users below the rank of True Christian™. This user is further prohibited from engaging with any persons in real-time audio or video "chats" via Web cams, Skype, Facetime, or any other Internet audio/video technology or service.

                    Comment

                    • Billy Bob Jenkins
                      Family Man of the Year 2010-2013
                      About as Straight and Manly as you can get
                      Hates anal sex. And trees.
                      True Christian™
                      • May 2010
                      • 8337

                      #25
                      Re: Dare I ask this but:

                      Originally posted by SlipperySlopeHeadedForeigner View Post
                      Also sorry billy bob I must have been unclear. If you're allowed to eat your sons and daughters during a siege doesn't this contradict thou shalt not kill, I didn't think you answered this and I'm looking for clarification.
                      You are trying to make it appear as though the Bible contradicts itself. I presuppose that the Bible does not contradict itself, because I have faith, so I assume that eating one's children during a siege is an exception to the thou shalt not kill rule.

                      It is so easy to love Jesus. All you have to do is repent, accept His temporary sacrifice, and have absolute faith in everything the Bible teaches. Don't you want to be a True Christian(tm)? Don't you want to be saved from eternal punishment for your heinous sins?
                      The Only Real Climate Change Will be Hell!

                      Comment

                      • SlipperySlopeHeadedForeigner
                        Confirmed Enemy of God
                        • Jul 2011
                        • 15

                        #26
                        Re: Dare I ask this but:

                        Originally posted by Cranky Old Man View Post
                        Nonsense! Adam and Eve started with just 2 people, Noah had only a very smart group of people with him on the ark. Yet we are with over 6,000,000,000 people now, most of them not handicapped.

                        Did you actually see DNA? Or did you choose to believe someone who told you about it?
                        I saw DNA, I've also "played God" and modified a bacterium by modifying it's DNA.

                        Firstly, evolution meant that there was a large gene pool so several "Adam and Eves" would have been created which would mean an mutated gene pool and un-mutated descendants. The Ark is unfortunately an impossible story. If the bible is to be believed, there would be a huge quantity of water (covered mountains), this raises several questions, where did all the water come from. If space then the earth would have frozen. If somehow the water was heated (by god). The mass of earth would lead it to fall into the sun. Furthermore due to conservation of momentum the earth would be slowed down thus further increasing the rate it falls towards the sun. Also if you believe the bible then, you probably also believe the world is flat, so the water would have all instantly flowed off the edge. Employing Occam's Razor, it is simpler to suggest that the whole story is just that a story.

                        Comment

                        • Mary-Yves Lapierre
                          Forum Member
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 189

                          #27
                          Re: Dare I ask this but:

                          Originally posted by SlipperySlopeHeadedForeigner View Post
                          DNA is real. You can see it. There are several large experiments in the UK at diamond which bombard materials with neutrons from a neutron source and these neutrons can create a 3d image of molecules. They have also used it to study the molecular structure of spider silk. I don't need faith, proof will be much preferred and is much more probable and accurate.
                          Bwahahaha! Do you believe in the Star Trek too? Do you dress up in the little pointy ears?

                          The diamond make 'neutrons' which nobody is seeing, but can show the other invisible things? In 3D!!!! Like spiders webs?



                          And your invisible neutrons that make the 3D images of the spiders web prove that Adam and his Eve would have disabled grandchildrens?



                          Bad spider, bad!! Stop making Cain's babies retardeds!!

                          You are a very funny small man.

                          I am happy you are shared your comedies with me, silly boy.

                          Oh LOOK! The Stargates show is on!! Go learn some more about the wormholes! Maybe you can be disproving that airplanes exist!!

                          Comment

                          • SlipperySlopeHeadedForeigner
                            Confirmed Enemy of God
                            • Jul 2011
                            • 15

                            #28
                            Re: Dare I ask this but:

                            Originally posted by Faith_Machine View Post
                            For somebody who claims to have studied science, you're not very knowledgeable. Ever heard of quantum entanglement, friend? That enables information to replicate itself instantaneously, without the speed of light even factoring into the equation.

                            All of which is completely irrelevant, because God created time. Do you think the very Supreme Being who invented the concepts of time and distance is going to by limited by those things when he moves souls around?
                            One, if you know about physics than you know quantum entanglement does not in fact break the laws of speed of light travel as no information is transmitted. It is you that doesn't know his physics and should I suggest read more about it before you jump in with an ill informed statement. I suggest you read this (satanic link deleted) to begin with and the associated papers if you feel you are still correct.

                            Now for that age old rebuttal. If everything has to be created, who created God? Surely to create God, there must be a more omniscient/omnipotent being. Firstly, by definition this is impossible. Secondly isn't it simpler to accept the idea that there was no God and the that universe wasn't created by a being and just existed, like your God or his creator's creator would have had to "just" exist.

                            Comment

                            • Faith_Machine
                              Dyed-in-the-wool True Christian™
                              True Christian™
                              • Mar 2011
                              • 10050

                              #29
                              Re: Dare I ask this but:

                              OK, I'll grant you that: with hypothetical communication technologies that rely on quantum entanglement, no information is technically transmitted.

                              But you're arguing semantics here. If a quantum entanglement communicator enables me to send an e-mail to somebody a billion light years away, and the e-mail "arrives" instantaneously, then how can you argue that no information has gotten from one place to another?

                              It's not that the information hasn't been transmitted, it's that quantum entanglement has eliminated the need for transmission as it's conventionally understood.

                              As to your second point, who ever said everything needs to be created? God didn't need to be created because, due to the fact that His existence is timeless, there was never a time when God did not exist.
                              WARNING:
                              In accordance with article 7 of the Swaggart Amendment to the Landover Baptist Church Constitution, you are hereby notified that this forum user is a
                              REGISTERED SPIRITUAL PREDATOR, and prohibited from sending or receiving personal messages, text messages, or instant messages to forum users below the rank of True Christian™. This user is further prohibited from engaging with any persons in real-time audio or video "chats" via Web cams, Skype, Facetime, or any other Internet audio/video technology or service.

                              Comment

                              • SlipperySlopeHeadedForeigner
                                Confirmed Enemy of God
                                • Jul 2011
                                • 15

                                #30
                                Re: Dare I ask this but:

                                Originally posted by Mary-Yves Lapierre View Post
                                Bwahahaha! Do you believe in the Star Trek too? Do you dress up in the little pointy ears?

                                The diamond make 'neutrons' which nobody is seeing, but can show the other invisible things? In 3D!!!! Like spiders webs?



                                And your invisible neutrons that make the 3D images of the spiders web prove that Adam and his Eve would have disabled grandchildrens?



                                Bad spider, bad!! Stop making Cain's babies retardeds!!

                                You are a very funny small man.

                                I am happy you are shared your comedies with me, silly boy.

                                Oh LOOK! The Stargates show is on!! Go learn some more about the wormholes! Maybe you can be disproving that airplanes exist!!

                                Well let me entertain you longer with some further logic. Firstly, Diamond is the name of a complex in the UK, feel free to google it.

                                Imaging/detecting using an array of different instruments that detect in different ways but correlate prove DNA's structure and prove that it exists. This and countless other experiments that have been repeated countless times by several different people and yielding the same result has shown that DNA exists and how it can be manipulated. Most cows nowadays in the USA have been genetically modified in this way to produce more milk or grow bigger for more meat. Further studies that are just as strong show that if the same or extremely similar DNA undergoes sexual reproduction mutations are extremely likely to occur. As Eve was apparently made from Adam, this would be the case.

                                So it is not that spiders prove what I've been talking about it is the technology and the results obtained through it's use. Ironically you talk about things that I have not seen. I have more evidence of the "invisible" stuff that i'm talking about than you do of your invisible God, of which there is no evidence for.

                                Comment

                                Working...