X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Didymus Much
    replied
    Re: Greetings

    Originally posted by adam.vaughan View Post
    I want to know where the Bible explicitly states that the Earth is not round, and that simple statement would mean that many experimentally proven laws of physics would somehow be wrong. I am being educated in the area of physics, and the area of astronomy also highly interests me. Unfortunately, these are sensitive areas around believers of God. I am a believer, and I believe God created everything to work how it is supposed to work. Science is just mankind's way of interpreting things that God has created. Some things we may never understand, some things may be simple enough for humans to comprehend. I am not saying humans could ever comprehend God, though.
    You could use the "search" function (as you've been told to, repeatedly) to find discussions on this subject, or you could just ball your little fists up in rage and keep demanding individual special attention. Imagine how well your professors would react to that attitude.

    So you're a believer? Really? Have you ever even read the Bible?

    Matthew 4:8 "Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;"

    No matter how high the mountain, if the earth was spherical, the above would be impossible. So the Bible (the perfect and eternal Word of your God) says the Earth is flat. If you don't believe the Earth is flat, you're calling God a liar.

    That's in the FIRST book of the New Testament, the first Gospel, the very first thing all aspiring Christians (even the fluffy bunny "God loves everyone no matter what" types) read! How could you have missed that?

    Leave a comment:


  • Jack O'fagan
    replied
    Re: Greetings

    Originally posted by adam.vaughan View Post
    I want to know where the Bible explicitly states that the Earth is not round, and that simple statement would mean that many experimentally proven laws of physics would somehow be wrong. I am being educated in the area of physics, and the area of astronomy also highly interests me. Unfortunately, these are sensitive areas around believers of God. I am a believer, and I believe God created everything to work how it is supposed to work. Science is just mankind's way of interpreting things that God has created. Some things we may never understand, some things may be simple enough for humans to comprehend. I am not saying humans could ever comprehend God, though.

    Matthew 4:7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. 8Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
    9And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.


    Jesus saw all of the kingdoms of the world, this wouldn't happen on a sphere. Are you calling Jesus a liar?


    YIC


    Jack

    Leave a comment:


  • Brother Enoch
    replied
    Re: Greetings

    Originally posted by adam.vaughan View Post
    I want to know where the Bible explicitly states that the Earth is not round, and that simple statement would mean that many experimentally proven laws of physics would somehow be wrong. I am being educated in the area of physics, and the area of astronomy also highly interests me. Unfortunately, these are sensitive areas around believers of God. I am a believer, and I believe God created everything to work how it is supposed to work. Science is just mankind's way of interpreting things that God has created. Some things we may never understand, some things may be simple enough for humans to comprehend. I am not saying humans could ever comprehend God, though.
    Of course the Earth is round. And flat. Imagine a dvd and you'll get the idea.

    Isaiah 40:22
    It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

    Like this:


    Get it now?

    Leave a comment:


  • adam.vaughan
    replied
    Re: Greetings

    Originally posted by Brother Enoch View Post
    Pastor Ezekiel is responsible for thousands of souls, he can hardly be expected to spend all day with you, now can he?

    If you have a specific question I will be happy to answer it. But it must be a direct scriptural question, not 'how am I wrong' while referencing a 1,000 word post with 80 wrong things in it. Specifics, and I will be happy to answer you.

    Ball's in your court.
    I want to know where the Bible explicitly states that the Earth is not round, and that simple statement would mean that many experimentally proven laws of physics would somehow be wrong. I am being educated in the area of physics, and the area of astronomy also highly interests me. Unfortunately, these are sensitive areas around believers of God. I am a believer, and I believe God created everything to work how it is supposed to work. Science is just mankind's way of interpreting things that God has created. Some things we may never understand, some things may be simple enough for humans to comprehend. I am not saying humans could ever comprehend God, though.

    Leave a comment:


  • Didymus Much
    replied
    Re: Greetings

    Originally posted by adam.vaughan View Post
    Why are you labeled as trash too? Just curious...
    I'm an atheist, cursed to hellfire and damnation by the Lovingkindness(tm) of Almighty God (who, despite His omnipotence and omniscience, seems to always depend on frail, fearful little humans to do His dirty work).

    ...And honestly, I've given to the offering plate maybe once or twice, but if you looked at my employment history you may understand why. Money isn't what God wants from me specifically. I'm sure anyone would understand that if you have nothing of monetary value to give, then there are other ways you can live your life for God and other things you can give, such as time and energy...
    I guess you skipped the part of the Bible where Jesus tells the poor to give EVERYTHING, not just the 10% he wants from the rich.

    ...If Pastor Zeke is the real deal, I want him to please come into this topic and answer the legitimate questions I have posed. I want answers from a true believer, since apparently I am not. I am still baffled as to how someone can call themselves a true disciple of the Lord, yet reject spreading the Gospel to someone who is ASKING for it.
    He didn't reject spreading the Gospel. He told you to go read it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dan U. Holier
    replied
    Re: Greetings

    Originally posted by adam.vaughan View Post
    ...If Pastor Zeke is the real deal, I want him to please come into this topic and answer the legitimate questions I have posed. I want answers from a true believer, since apparently I am not...
    Why do you think that any of us - especially Pastor Ezekiel - is answerable to you?

    You came on these Godly forums and made a bunch of preposterous claims unsupported by the Holy Bible. Have you ever heard about the basic principle of any reasonable discussion, called the Burden of Proof which states that “the necessity of proof always lies with the person who makes claims.”

    Please, quote the scripture that proves your claim about the spherical earth or at least explain how can a spherical object have edges and ends (as per Revelation 7:1, Job 38:13, Jeremiah 16:19) or fade into oblivion.

    YiC, DUH

    Leave a comment:


  • adam.vaughan
    replied
    Re: Greetings

    Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
    Our Church proudly displays a banner that says "Unsaved NOT Welcome!"



    We follow the Word of God to the letter.
    But Pastor Ezekiel, according to Mark 16:15 ("And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.", you are supposed to preach the good news to everyone, no matter who they are, what background they come from, whatever beliefs they may currently have.

    Why are you not doing this? You say yourself that you follow the word of god TO THE LETTER. As a minister you should do this, especially if I am SEEKING guidance.

    Leave a comment:


  • Brother Enoch
    replied
    Re: Greetings

    Originally posted by adam.vaughan View Post
    In essence, yes, as a sheep straying from the path, I ask anyone in a position such as his to help guide me back. It's what they have been called to do by God, is it not? Ministry is reaching out with the word of God. Not keeping it to yourself.
    Pastor Ezekiel is responsible for thousands of souls, he can hardly be expected to spend all day with you, now can he?

    If you have a specific question I will be happy to answer it. But it must be a direct scriptural question, not 'how am I wrong' while referencing a 1,000 word post with 80 wrong things in it. Specifics, and I will be happy to answer you.

    Ball's in your court.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Ezekiel
    replied
    Re: Greetings

    Originally posted by adam.vaughan View Post
    In essence, yes, as a sheep straying from the path, I ask anyone in a position such as his to help guide me back. It's what they have been called to do by God, is it not? Ministry is reaching out with the word of God. Not keeping it to yourself.
    Our Church proudly displays a banner that says "Unsaved NOT Welcome!"



    We follow the Word of God to the letter.


    "Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds" -- 2 John 1:9-11

    Leave a comment:


  • adam.vaughan
    replied
    Re: Greetings

    Originally posted by Mary-Yves Lapierre View Post
    You are thinking Pastor Ezekiels is at your beck and call?
    In essence, yes, as a sheep straying from the path, I ask anyone in a position such as his to help guide me back. It's what they have been called to do by God, is it not? Ministry is reaching out with the word of God. Not keeping it to yourself.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dan U. Holier
    replied
    Re: Greetings

    Originally posted by GayBishop'sGhost View Post
    I don't know, maybe a, "Hi, how's it going?" instead of the usual hate going around on here :/
    Okay; hi, how's it going?

    Now, can you make your own introduction thread and explain why are you a God-mocking hatheist instead of a God-fearing Christian and a freedom-hating communist instead of a freedom-loving American, please?

    Yours in Christ, DUH

    EDIT: Oh... GayBishop'sGhost, we hardly ever knew ye.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mary-Yves Lapierre
    replied
    Re: Greetings

    Originally posted by adam.vaughan View Post
    If Pastor Zeke is the real deal, I want him to please come into this topic and answer the legitimate questions I have posed. .
    You are thinking Pastor Ezekiels is at your beck and call?

    Leave a comment:


  • adam.vaughan
    replied
    Re: Greetings

    Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
    First of all, this is NOT a debate forum. Please read THIS thread before making an even bigger fool of yourself.

    Secondly, while the internets might seem to be "free" to you, this particular corner of the internets is a privately owned Christian forum. The rights you have on this forum are listed HERE. Please contact a Pastor immediately if you feel that any of your rights have been violated.

    Finally, your unsaved opinions or tantrums are not even slightly of interest to us. We follow the Holy Word of God TO THE LETTER, and make no apologies for that. One of the most important commandments in the Bible tells us to avoid unsaved scum such as yourself. You wandered in here uninvited, and unwelcome .
    Originally posted by Didymus Much View Post
    That's because you've only met fluffy bunny preachers who only care about how much you put in the collection plate, and dare not say anything that might threaten your offering.

    Pastor Zeke, on the other hand, has been so well rewarded by the faithful of Freehold, that he doesn't need to molly coddle disbelievers and sinners. He tells the truth from the KJV, in bold font and unadulterated.

    And how do you treat his honesty? With contempt and disrespect.

    I don't see a long future for you here, Adam.
    Why are you labeled as trash too? Just curious.

    And honestly, I've given to the offering plate maybe once or twice, but if you looked at my employment history you may understand why. Money isn't what God wants from me specifically. I'm sure anyone would understand that if you have nothing of monetary value to give, then there are other ways you can live your life for God and other things you can give, such as time and energy.

    If Pastor Zeke is the real deal, I want him to please come into this topic and answer the legitimate questions I have posed. I want answers from a true believer, since apparently I am not. I am still baffled as to how someone can call themselves a true disciple of the Lord, yet reject spreading the Gospel to someone who is ASKING for it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Didymus Much
    replied
    Re: Greetings

    Originally posted by adam.vaughan View Post
    ...Never in my life has a pastor in any church I've been to tell me that I am wrong, then tell me to shut up and open a Bible...
    That's because you've only met fluffy bunny preachers who only care about how much you put in the collection plate, and dare not say anything that might threaten your offering.

    Pastor Zeke, on the other hand, has been so well rewarded by the faithful of Freehold, that he doesn't need to molly coddle disbelievers and sinners. He tells the truth from the KJV, in bold font and unadulterated.

    And how do you treat his honesty? With contempt and disrespect.

    I don't see a long future for you here, Adam.

    Leave a comment:


  • adam.vaughan
    replied
    Re: Greetings

    Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
    First of all, this is NOT a debate forum. Please read THIS thread before making an even bigger fool of yourself.

    Secondly, while the internets might seem to be "free" to you, this particular corner of the internets is a privately owned Christian forum. The rights you have on this forum are listed HERE. Please contact a Pastor immediately if you feel that any of your rights have been violated.

    Finally, your unsaved opinions or tantrums are not even slightly of interest to us. We follow the Holy Word of God TO THE LETTER, and make no apologies for that. One of the most important commandments in the Bible tells us to avoid unsaved scum such as yourself. You wandered in here uninvited, and unwelcome .
    You continue to make me laugh by avoiding my questions. I am not trying to debate one single thing. I presented my views, then I was told that I am wrong.

    Now I want to know: why am I wrong? How am I wrong? Tell me what is right. I'm not going to contact another pastor when I have you right here responding to me (at least you're responding at all, lol).

    Once again, never in my life have I heard a church tell someone they are uninvited and unwelcome. If you truly wished to spread the word of God, as we are commanded to do by God Himself, then you would have open arms to anyone who has ears that want to listen.

    I want to listen to what you have to say about why I am wrong. Please answer my questions instead of beating around the bush.

    Leave a comment:

Working...