X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Moral_Nihilist
    Unsaved Trash, chinese anal sex fan
    • Aug 2012
    • 11

    #1

    Lorem!

    Well, I was requested to make an introduction thread, so here we are. I'll go ahead and try to answer the questions up in the "The introduction forum" bar.

    Tell us what church you go to: Well, I don't really go to church, anymore, as I am an agnostic. I do occasionally, to discuss certain things with the members, and such.

    and what your favorite Bible verse is: I don't really have one, to be honest... I can't really say I've read the Bible all too much...

    how you came to find Jesus: Like I said earlier, I'm an agnostic, so... I guess I can't really answer this question, because I haven't.

    Well, those are the requirements for a basic intro thread here, apparently. I'm an agnostic, I enjoy quite a few science-fiction (sci-fi) shows, because it shows how advanced our science might be. Espescially "Doctor Who." Love that show... :p

    And I enjoy quite a bit of varying music, mostly rock though.

    Any other question, I guess you can ask. :p
  • Deaner
    Christ's Love Messenger
    True Christian™
    • Sep 2006
    • 5932

    #2
    Re: Lorem!

    Originally posted by Moral_Nihilist View Post
    Well, I was requested to make an introduction thread, so here we are. I'll go ahead and try to answer the questions up in the "The introduction forum" bar.

    Tell us what church you go to: Well, I don't really go to church, anymore, as I am an agnostic. I do occasionally, to discuss certain things with the members, and such.

    and what your favorite Bible verse is: I don't really have one, to be honest... I can't really say I've read the Bible all too much...

    how you came to find Jesus: Like I said earlier, I'm an agnostic, so... I guess I can't really answer this question, because I haven't.

    Well, those are the requirements for a basic intro thread here, apparently. I'm an agnostic, I enjoy quite a few science-fiction (sci-fi) shows, because it shows how advanced our science might be. Espescially "Doctor Who." Love that show... :p

    And I enjoy quite a bit of varying music, mostly rock though.

    Any other question, I guess you can ask. :p

    Do you think you will enjoy hell being anally raped by satan and his eight foot barbed tallywhacker ripping out your intestines?

    Comment

    • Rev. M. Rodimer
      Honorary True Christian™
      Forum Member
      • May 2008
      • 13996

      #3
      Re: Lorem!

      Originally posted by Moral_Nihilist View Post
      Well, I was requested to make an introduction thread, so here we are. I'll go ahead and try to answer the questions up in the "The introduction forum" bar.

      Tell us what church you go to: Well, I don't really go to church, anymore, as I am an agnostic. I do occasionally, to discuss certain things with the members, and such.

      and what your favorite Bible verse is: I don't really have one, to be honest... I can't really say I've read the Bible all too much...

      how you came to find Jesus: Like I said earlier, I'm an agnostic, so... I guess I can't really answer this question, because I haven't.

      Well, those are the requirements for a basic intro thread here, apparently. I'm an agnostic, I enjoy quite a few science-fiction (sci-fi) shows, because it shows how advanced our science might be. Espescially "Doctor Who." Love that show... :p

      And I enjoy quite a bit of varying music, mostly rock though.

      Any other question, I guess you can ask. :p
      First of all, thank you for following the idiot-proof instructions. You'd be surprised how many are unable to do so!

      What brings you to a Christian church's discussion forum?

      Why haven't you read the Bible? You know, I was once like you. When I was young, I'd not read the Bible. I didn't know who God was, just the popular fairy tales about some all-loving hippie in the sky. I didn't know if I'd go to Heaven or Hell.

      But when I read the Bible, my life changed! No longer did I have the slightest doubt who God is, or what would happen to me after death.

      Wouldn't you like that certainty? I guarantee that if you read the Bible with an open mind, you can love Jesus just as much as I do!

      There are a couple of resources in my signature to help you out. Bible in a Year is right here on this site, and gives you a chance to join in discussions with Landover's best about Scripture. Real Bible Stories takes a different approach, taking you into a Sunday school classroom where you can read the at-times challenging questions and discussion of Bible stories!

      Either way, you will move further from your current wishy-washy agnosticism toward a faith like mine, I'm certain.
      Bible boring? Nonsense!
      Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
      You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

      Comment

      • Moral_Nihilist
        Unsaved Trash, chinese anal sex fan
        • Aug 2012
        • 11

        #4
        Re: Lorem!

        @Deaner

        Do you think you will enjoy hell being anally raped by satan and his eight foot barbed tallywhacker ripping out your intestines?

        I'd rather not want to go to Hell, no... Although, how do you know what hell consists of. Like I said in the original post, I haven't really read the Bible all too much, so forgive me if there is a verse describing it.

        @Rev. M. Rodimer

        What brings you to a Christian church's discussion forum?

        To become more knowledgeable of Christianity.

        Why haven't you read the Bible? You know, I was once like you. When I was young, I'd not read the Bible. I didn't know who God was, just the popular fairy tales about some all-loving hippie in the sky. I didn't know if I'd go to Heaven or Hell.

        I... don't really know. I just was never interested in Christianity or religion...

        There are a couple of resources in my signature to help you out. Bible in a Year is right here on this site, and gives you a chance to join in discussions with Landover's best about Scripture. Real Bible Stories takes a different approach, taking you into a Sunday school classroom where you can read the at-times challenging questions and discussion of Bible stories!

        Wouldn't reading straight from the Bible be more beneficial? I do believe my friend has a copy...

        Comment

        • Rev. M. Rodimer
          Honorary True Christian™
          Forum Member
          • May 2008
          • 13996

          #5
          Re: Lorem!

          Originally posted by Moral_Nihilist View Post
          Wouldn't reading straight from the Bible be more beneficial? I do believe my friend has a copy...
          If you have the ability to stick with it, sure! But most people get halfway through Genesis and quit. These resources help you understand what you're reading and put it in context.
          Bible boring? Nonsense!
          Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
          You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

          Comment

          • Deaner
            Christ's Love Messenger
            True Christian™
            • Sep 2006
            • 5932

            #6
            Re: Lorem!

            Originally posted by Moral_Nihilist View Post

            What brings you to a Christian church's discussion forum?

            To become more knowledgeable of Christianity.
            So you want to learn about Christianity but you have never read a Bible?

            If you wanted to learn about walking would you stand up first?

            Comment

            • Rev. M. Rodimer
              Honorary True Christian™
              Forum Member
              • May 2008
              • 13996

              #7
              Re: Lorem!

              Originally posted by Moral_Nihilist View Post
              "Nihilism" is "the philosophical doctrine suggesting the negation of one or more putatively meaningful aspects of life." Though, my position is that of a 'moral nihilist' in that I reject objective morality.
              Under what circumstances is it acceptable to rape little boys, or to throw acid in the face of a woman who rejected your romantic proposal?
              Bible boring? Nonsense!
              Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
              You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

              Comment

              • Moral_Nihilist
                Unsaved Trash, chinese anal sex fan
                • Aug 2012
                • 11

                #8
                Re: Lorem!

                @Deaner

                Wouldn't that be in the process of learning about Christianity?

                Also, what exactly is Christianity's deeming on music?

                For example. what of these bands?

                -Linkin Park
                -Nickelback
                -Nirvana
                -Tenacious D
                -Kansas
                -Foo Fighters
                -Pink Floyd

                Comment

                • Moral_Nihilist
                  Unsaved Trash, chinese anal sex fan
                  • Aug 2012
                  • 11

                  #9
                  Re: Lorem!

                  Originally posted by Rev. M. Rodimer View Post
                  Under what circumstances is it acceptable to rape little boys, or to throw acid in the face of a woman who rejected your romantic proposal?
                  It isn't, in my opinion. But there's bound, of the 7 billion people on this planet, to be someone who thinks those activities are acceptable.

                  And my position is based on the fact no two people will have the same sense of morality. Similar, perhaps, but not the same. Objective morality states humans only have a single sense of morality.

                  Comment

                  • Rev. M. Rodimer
                    Honorary True Christian™
                    Forum Member
                    • May 2008
                    • 13996

                    #10
                    Re: Lorem!

                    Originally posted by Moral_Nihilist View Post
                    It isn't, in my opinion. But there's bound, of the 7 billion people on this planet, to be someone who thinks those activities are acceptable.

                    And my position is based on the fact no two people will have the same sense of morality. Similar, perhaps, but not the same. Objective morality states humans only have a single sense of morality.
                    Actually, objective morality means that there are things which are objectively acceptable or not acceptable.

                    If humans had "a single sense of morality", then that would be universal morality.

                    Since you are saying that all morality is subjective, then there must be a circumstance under which you consider it acceptable to throw acid in a woman's face for refusing your romantic advance, or to rape a little boy. After all, there are hundreds of millions of people who think both activities are justified; therefore, they must be morally acceptable to you as well, because moral relativity means that "all morality is equal" and we cannot judge those who do not share our subjective moral standards.
                    Bible boring? Nonsense!
                    Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
                    You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

                    Comment

                    • Brother Jared
                      True Christian™
                      True Christian™
                      • Jun 2012
                      • 211

                      #11
                      Re: Lorem!

                      Welcome to God's favorite forum!

                      Let me ask you, what have sparkled your interest in Christ? Has something of big impact changed in your life, something you can't quite comprehend? Do you feel something is missing, an emptiness you can't explain?

                      The answer is Christ. There's a reason He brought you to our forum and we will help you understand what is changing in your life, how to fill that emptiness with the love of Christ. Living by the words of Christ will not only make you a better person, but you will also feel better in your everyday life, you will find meaning to all your doings and you will walk with Christ after your time on earth. I suggest you start reading this and if you have any questions feel free to ask any True Christian™

                      YIC
                      "Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up." (Hosea 13:16)

                      Comment

                      • Moral_Nihilist
                        Unsaved Trash, chinese anal sex fan
                        • Aug 2012
                        • 11

                        #12
                        Re: Lorem!

                        Originally posted by Rev. M. Rodimer View Post
                        Actually, objective morality means that there are things which are objectively acceptable or not acceptable.

                        If humans had "a single sense of morality", then that would be universal morality.

                        Since you are saying that all morality is subjective, then there must be a circumstance under which you consider it acceptable to throw acid in a woman's face for refusing your romantic advance, or to rape a little boy. After all, there are hundreds of millions of people who think both activities are justified; therefore, they must be morally acceptable to you as well, because moral relativity means that "all morality is equal" and we cannot judge those who do not share our subjective moral standards.
                        Ah... My apologizes for misunderstanding. Philosophy isn't my best area; I'm much more keen in science...

                        I still don't believe objective morality. Subjective morality simply states people from differing cultures, and different peoples, have varying opinion of what it "means" to be moral. I do not consider those activities to be moral.

                        Comment

                        • Pastor Ezekiel
                          Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study
                           
                          • Sep 2006
                          • 78556

                          #13
                          Re: Lorem!

                          First of all, this is NOT a debate forum. We're right and you're wrong, according to Jesus and the Holy Word of God. Please read THIS thread before making an even bigger fool of yourself.

                          Secondly, while the internets might seem to be "free" to you, this particular corner of the internets is a privately owned Christian forum. The rights you have on this forum are listed HERE. Please contact a Pastor immediately if you feel that any of your rights have been violated.

                          Finally, your unsaved opinions or tantrums are not even slightly of interest to us. We follow the Holy Word of God TO THE LETTER, and make no apologies for that. One of the most important commandments in the Bible tells us to avoid unsaved scum such as yourself. You wandered in here uninvited, and unwelcome .
                          Who Will Jesus Damn?

                          Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

                          Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

                          Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

                          Comment

                          • Rev. M. Rodimer
                            Honorary True Christian™
                            Forum Member
                            • May 2008
                            • 13996

                            #14
                            Re: Lorem!

                            Originally posted by Moral_Nihilist View Post
                            Ah... My apologizes for misunderstanding. Philosophy isn't my best area; I'm much more keen in science...

                            I still don't believe objective morality. Subjective morality simply states people from differing cultures, and different peoples, have varying opinion of what it "means" to be moral. I do not consider those activities to be moral.
                            But since you are a moral relativist, you accept that others consider them to be moral. Therefore, it would be immoral for YOU to interfere, or to judge them for doing something that in their culture is OK.

                            Like raping children or throwing acid in women's faces.
                            Bible boring? Nonsense!
                            Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
                            You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

                            Comment

                            • Moral_Nihilist
                              Unsaved Trash, chinese anal sex fan
                              • Aug 2012
                              • 11

                              #15
                              Re: Lorem!

                              Originally posted by Rev. M. Rodimer View Post
                              But since you are a moral relativist, you accept that others consider them to be moral. Therefore, it would be immoral for YOU to interfere, or to judge them for doing something that in their culture is OK.

                              Like raping children or throwing acid in women's faces.
                              I am in the descriptive moral relativism position, in that I acknowledge different cultures/people have differing moral standards, however, I do not "necessarily advocate the tolerance of all behavior in light of such disagreement."

                              Comment

                              Working...