X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeb Stuart Thurmond
    Didn't write the Bible, just obeys it
     
    • Jun 2007
    • 6578

    #16
    Re: How can music be evil?

    Hey, I have a question: How can music be evil?

    Originally posted by TheBiafra View Post
    Wrong. Rock, especially punk is about doing what you want, and not caring what other people think about you. In religions, other people, and a stack of paper tells you what to do, how to think and what not to do.
    So you admit that Rock is anti-Christian. You have just answered your own question.
    Disagree? By failing to register and debate me, you prove that liberals are factless frauds who only persuade through intimidation. To prove otherwise, debate me!
    Got Questions? See Frequently Asked Questions, or use Forum Search, tag system, or our guides on Geography, History, Science, Comparative Religion, Civics, and Current Events.
    Did I use a new word you've never heard? Definitions here. | Vote! Everything you need to vote here!

    Comment

    • TheBiafra
      Unsaved trash
      Under Investigation
      • May 2008
      • 11

      #17
      Re: How can music be evil?

      Originally posted by Jeb Thurmond View Post
      So you admit that Rock is anti-Christian. You have just answered your own question.
      It's not anti-christian, it's just not christian. It's not against it. So everything not christian leads to hell? Which foods are christian? Is your computer christian? Remember, if you eat non christian food or use non christian computer, you're on your way to HELL. Childish...

      Comment

      • Nobar King
        Municipal Code Archivist - Deuteronomy 28:58
        Christ's Guardian
        True Christian™
        • Sep 2007
        • 23748

        #18
        Re: How can music be evil?

        TeBe, you might want to read some of the threads on this forum. These issues have been covered numerous times. Your lack of knowledge and misunderstanding reveals the truth about you: you are just a youth. Please enjoy this forum, but try to get to know it better before repeating the same inane questions that peoplechildren have asked so many times before.
        May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

        Comment

        • snottyduck
          Confirmed Enemy of God
          BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
          • Apr 2008
          • 564

          #19
          Re: How can music be evil?

          Originally posted by Nobar King View Post
          TeBe, you might want to read some of the threads on this forum. These issues have been covered numerous times. Your lack of knowledge and misunderstanding reveals the truth about you: you are just a youth. Please enjoy this forum, but try to get to know it better before repeating the same inane questions that peoplechildren have asked so many times before.

          They keep asking it because nobody here gave a sufficient explanation, instead you all keep grabbing back towards idiotic stereotypes that are not making sense (Like claiming that Nine Inch Nails is Goth while they are in fact Industrial). If you would actually answer the questions without referring to things where you know little or nothing about it would make more sense.

          Comment

          • Nobar King
            Municipal Code Archivist - Deuteronomy 28:58
            Christ's Guardian
            True Christian™
            • Sep 2007
            • 23748

            #20
            Re: How can music be evil?

            Who cares whether they are goth or industrial or emo or metal or core or whatever. Why would you expect a good Christian man to know the difference? It's all just noise. If you kids were smart you would find some decent music to listen to.

            But, the rebelliousness of youth causes you to seek these depraved bands. It's our mission to save you. Wouldn't you rather get to know Jesus thru His music?
            May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

            Comment

            • snottyduck
              Confirmed Enemy of God
              BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
              • Apr 2008
              • 564

              #21
              Re: How can music be evil?

              Originally posted by Nobar King View Post
              Who cares whether they are goth or industrial or emo or metal or core or whatever. Why would you expect a good Christian man to know the difference? It's all just noise. If you kids were smart you would find some decent music to listen to.

              But, the rebelliousness of youth causes you to seek these depraved bands. It's our mission to save you. Wouldn't you rather get to know Jesus thru His music?

              Ohhh, and what makes you so sure that the music you accept as being good music is actually the music of Jesus?? It's just your opinion that your music is the right music, nothing more. If you want to attack other music you better know what you are talking about instead of yelling that they are all music of Satan because they are not. I'm not claiming that there aren't any satanic music, there is but considering all music that is not to your liking is Satanic is just shortsighted.

              Comment

              • Dodger556
                Confirmed Enemy of God
                BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
                • May 2008
                • 54

                #22
                Re: How can music be evil?

                I have a strong dislike toward anything that could be described as "hard metal," it's just angry white man music to be honest. Young teens these days think they're expressing themselves, as if it really matters. What people don't understand is that when you listen to music that has un-Christian values in it, you plant the ideology in you mind that that particular music isn't really bad, your just enjoying the tune or whatever.

                Although, I will admit that I don't always change the station if Bob Seger or Lynard Skynard comes on... I'm only human. Heh.

                Comment

                • Herr_Doktor Phd.
                  True Christian™
                  True Christian™
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 493

                  #23
                  Re: How can music be evil?

                  Originally posted by TheBiafra View Post
                  I've been enjoying your forums for a while now, and finally decided to post something. You seem to lynch almost everything done on this century from heavy metal to scifi. But I haven't seen any real reasons. You just ban them because you ban them. Blah, Blah, Troll... Blah....
                  Come now Barf, that's not true. Purity Balls are something of this century and we do not "lynch" those.

                  What better love can there be between a father and his daughter? Jesus' love, thats what!

                  Originally posted by Dodger556 View Post
                  I have a strong dislike toward anything that could be described as "hard metal," it's just angry white man music to be honest. Young teens these days think they're expressing themselves, as if it really matters. What people don't understand is that when you listen to music that has un-Christian values in it, you plant the ideology in you mind that that particular music isn't really bad, your just enjoying the tune or whatever.

                  Although, I will admit that I don't always change the station if Bob Seger or Lynard Skynard comes on... I'm only human. Heh.
                  What would you call Hip Hop Mr. Dodger?
                  sigpic

                  Exodus 22:18
                  says, "Suffer not a witch to live." Deuteronomy 18:10 says, "There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch."

                  Comment

                  • TheBiafra
                    Unsaved trash
                    Under Investigation
                    • May 2008
                    • 11

                    #24
                    Re: How can music be evil?

                    Originally posted by Nobar King View Post
                    Wouldn't you rather get to know Jesus thru His music?
                    Why dont I like christian music? It's way too "simple" for me. And the lyrics are repeating themselves. "Jesus is great, God is great, Jesus is great, God is great". That's like brainwashing, but with few simple notes and chords.

                    Originally posted by Dodger556 View Post
                    What people don't understand is that when you listen to music that has un-Christian values in it, you plant the ideology in you mind that that particular music isn't really bad, your just enjoying the tune or whatever.
                    So every song I listen has to have "christian values" in it? Naah, I like being a bit more open minded than that. And what's wrong with comparing different ideologies and forming the best one for you?

                    Originally posted by Herr_Doktor Phd. View Post
                    What better love can there be between a father and his daughter? Jesus' love, thats what!
                    I'm not into dudes. And could you be little bit less immature, please? Read the whole post and dont blame me for trolling.

                    Comment

                    • Herr_Doktor Phd.
                      True Christian™
                      True Christian™
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 493

                      #25
                      Re: How can music be evil?

                      Originally posted by TheBiafra View Post
                      I'm not into dudes. And could you be little bit less immature, please? Read the whole post and dont blame me for trolling.
                      The maturity of your post seems to have overwhelmed me. Who said anything about "dudes" and accusing you of trolling? I was saying that we do support some new innovations. I submitted purity balls as a case in hand. You do know what a purity ball are, don't you?
                      sigpic

                      Exodus 22:18
                      says, "Suffer not a witch to live." Deuteronomy 18:10 says, "There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch."

                      Comment

                      • Justina Thyme
                        Exposing DEMONS for Jesus
                        True Christian™
                        • Dec 2007
                        • 1718

                        #26
                        Re: How can music be evil?

                        I realize that I'm quite late into this discussion, but this should settle it:

                        MUSIC

                        Have you ever been in a restaurant that had loud music, and after a short while, you started to get nervous, and wished they would change the dial, or you just had to get out of there?
                        God made our bodies with a natural rhythm (tempo) - the heartbeat.

                        Music that you listen to that does NOT make you nervous is in this order -

                        FIRST, the LYRICS; SECOND, the MELODY; THIRD, the BEAT. (Some people use different words for these three.)

                        Much music has these three items out of sequence by putting the beat first. This upsets the natural rhythm in our being, as God created it.

                        Rock and roll does this, and most all music, including some so-called "Christian" music. One sure sign is the BEAT of the drum (usually starting out the song) is just out there in front most of the time. The drum sound (beat) is very obvious. Ever wonder why drums are such a part of satan worship services? They "drum up" the demons. The witchdoctors in Africa and other places "drum up" the demons. (When was the last time you said you were going to "drum up" business or something else?)

                        Next time you are listening to "Christian" music, listen for the BEAT. The words might be about Jesus, but if the BEAT is in the wrong place, the enemy may be involved. Find this hard to believe? Do some DELIVERANCE on it.

                        The following is excerpted from the important book, Occult Invasion: The Subtle Seduction of the World and Church by Dave Hunt, Harvest House Publishers, Eugene, Oregon 97402;
                        In Greek mythology the arts were under the direction of the nine daughters of Zeus by Mnemosyne. These nymphs, or lower deities, also known as muses, inspired writers and artists. The Muse Euterpe was the inspirer of lyric poetry; the Muse Terpsichore inspired music and dancing. Johannes Brahms felt that at times when composing he was "in tune with the Infinite."

                        Although he believed that his inspiration came from God, the fact that he admitted having to be "in a semitrance condition... [with] the conscious mind... in temporary abeyance,"'[Willis Harman and Howard Rheingold, Higher Creativity (Jeremy P. Tarcher, 1984), pp. 46-47; cited in Knlimo, Channeling, p. 314.] as with a spirit medium, betrays another source. God does not inspire trance mediums. Tchaikovsky confessed that under similar inspiration he "behaved like a madman." [P.E. Vernon, ed., Creativity Selected Readings (Penguin Books, 1970), p. 57.]

                        Richard Strauss was sure that at least some of the music he wrote was "dictated" to him by "Omnipotent Entities" not of this earth. [Harman and Rheingold, Higher Creativity, p. 46.] The great opera Madame Butterfly, Giacomo Puccini was convinced, was dictated to him "by God." [Ibid.] Gustav Mahler claimed that he was compelled by other powers to compose what he hadn't chosen to write. George Gershwin testified that Rhapsody in Blue came to him suddenly, that he heard and saw as though on paper "the complete construction of the Rhapsody, from beginning to end." Of his hit song "The Blizzard," country-western composer Harlan Howard said his pencil just kept on writing, surprising him as it went, and he wondered, "Did some great songwriter in the sky use me as a medium?" [Klimo, Channeling, pp. 314-15.] Operetta composer Rudolf Friml said:

                        "I sit down at the piano, and I put my hands on the piano. And I let the spirit guide me! No, I never do the music. I never compose it; oh no, no!

                        "I am a tool. I am nothing. I am being used. It comes from someone, a spirit perhaps, using me." [Ibid.]

                        We can only conclude that, just as they all believed, some entity or entities not of this world have guided these composers. But who are these entities? And what about Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland and other charismatic leaders who claim that the Holy Spirit inspires them to speak forth some prophecy that proves to be false? And what of the claims that Christ has even appeared to some of them?

                        Would Jesus really appear to Yonggi Cho in a red fireman's uniform, or to Oral Roberts in a form 900 feet tall, as these men claim? And could the countless apparitions around the world really be the Mary who gave birth to Jesus, when they speak forth so many lies and continually contradict Scripture? Who or what are these beings? What is their purpose? The question of the identity and purpose of these entities requires a careful answer.

                        Identifying the Modern "Muse"

                        Music has had a key role in the occult as far back as history records. The pulse-beat of drums and rattles is vital in voodoo and most shamanism, to which rock music is closely related. "Christian rock groups" mimic the beat that shamans have long used to call up demons. Ray Manzarek, keyboard player for the rock group The Doors, explains the relationship between shamanism and modern rock:

                        "When the Siberian shaman gets ready to go into his trance, all the villagers get together... and play whatever instruments they have to send him off [into trance and possession]....
                        "It was the same way with The Doors when we played in concert... I think that our drug experience let us get into it... [the trance state] quicker...

                        "It was like Jim [Morrison] was an electric shaman and we were the electric shaman's band, pounding away behind him... pounding and pounding, and little by little it would take him over...

                        "Sometimes he was just incredible. Just amazing. And the audience felt it, too!" [Jerry Hopkins and Daniel Sugerman, No One Here Gets Out Alive (Warner Books, 1980), pp. 158-60.]

                        Many rock stars have been involved in the occult and admit to a mysterious source of inspiration. John Lennon told of mystical experiences as a young teenager: "I used to literally trance out into alpha... seeing these hallucinatory images of my face changing, becoming cosmic and complete."

                        [The Playboy Interviews with John Lennon and Yoko Ono (Berkeley, 1982), p. 169.] Of his songwriting Lennon said, "It's like being possessed: like a psychic or a medium." [Ibid., p. 203] Much credit for fomenting rebellion and turning millions of youth against God and the Bible belongs to the many rock stars beginning with Elvis Presley. The Beatles' own press agent, Derek Taylor, confessed:

                        "They're completely anti-Christ. I mean, I am anti-Christ as well, but they're so anti-Christ they shock me..." [Saturday Evening Post, August 6, 1964.]

                        According to Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones, "The Stones' songs came spontaneously like an inspiration at a seance. The tunes arrived 'en masse' as if the Stones as songwriters were only a willing and open medium."

                        [Rolling Stone, May 5, 1977, p. 55.] Of the Beatles Yoko Ono has said, "They were like mediums. They weren't conscious of all they were saying, but it was coming through them." [Playboy Interviews, p. 106.] Of the inspiration process Marc Storace, vocalist with the heavy-metal band Krokus, told Circus magazine:

                        "You can't describe it except to say it's like a mysterious energy that comes from the metaphysical plane and into my body. It's almost like being a medium...." [Circus, January 31, 1984, p. 70.]

                        "Little Richard" said, "I was directed and commanded by another power. The power of darkness... that a lot of people don't believe exists. The power of the Devil. Satan." [Charles White, The Life and Times of Little Richard (Harmony Books, 1984), p. 206.] Jim Morrison called the spirits that at times possessed him "The Lords," and wrote a book of poetry about them.

                        [James Douglas Morrison, the Lords and New Creatures (Simon &Schuster, 1970).] Folk rock artist Joni Mitchell's creativity came from her spirit guide, "Art." Nothing could detain her when he "called." [Time, December 16, 1974, p. 39.]

                        Contemporary musicians offer the same consistent testimony regarding inspiration by otherworldly entities that we find among the most famous composers from the past. Today's musicians, however, admit that much of their inspiration comes from an evil source. Why should we doubt their testimony? David Lee Roth, who wrote "Running with the Devil" and called himself "toastmaster for the immoral majority," admitted that the goal in the world of rock was to conjure up evil spirits and surrender to them:

                        "I'm gonna abandon my spirit to them, which is actually what I attempt to do. You work yourself into that state and you fall in supplication of the demon gods..." [Rock, April 1984, p. 30.]

                        Superstar Jimi Hendrix was not so eager to be possessed but seemed rather to have been a victim. Called "rock's greatest guitarist' and known as the Voodoo Chile of the Aquarian Age, Hendrix "believed he was possessed by some spirit," according to Alan Douglas. His former girlfriend, Fayne Pridgon, has said:

                        "He used to always talk about some devil or something was in him, you know, and he didn't have any control over it, he didn't know what made him act the way he acted... and songs.. just came out ......... He was so tormented and just torn apart . . and he used to talk about ...having...somebody... drive this demon out of him." [Sound track from film Jimi Hendrix, interview with Fayne Pridgon (side 4).]

                        Steven Halpern, one of the best-known New Age composers, testifies, "I started recording what I received in trance or altered states.... I ended up being guided." [Ibid.]
                        This type of spirit guidance is widespread. In Chapter 1 we referred to the nuclear scientist who was taught advanced concepts by spirit beings. We noted that Chester Carlson, inventor of the Xerox photocopying process, received guidance for his invention from the spirit world. [Chester Carlson, New Frontiers Center Newsleter, Fall/Winter 1986, p. 9.] Medical scientist Andrija Puharich, holder of more than 50 patents, gave his opinion about these strange inspirations:

                        "I am personally convinced that superior beings from other spaces and other times have initiated a renewed dialogue with humanity. While I do not doubt [their existence] ... I do not know what their goals are with respect to humankind." [Andrija Puharich, Uri: A Journal of the Mystery of Uri Geller (New York, 1975), p. 213.]

                        DRUMS - These are a big no-no because of the ORIGIN of the drum. Look it up in a good Encyclopedia for the roots. Drums are used to DRUM UP DEMONS.

                        Christian Artist Allies With Gore Campaign
                        August 18, 2000
                        Carr News Service

                        Los Angeles, CA - Minutes after watching Al Gore finish his presidential nomination speech in front of a star-studded audience, Christian singing artist Phil Driscoll stepped on stage to hug the Democratic Presidential candidate. A few moments later, Driscoll began to lead the audience, with his signature trumpet in hand, in a rendition of "God Bless America" much to the joy and admiration of on looking Al Gore and his family.

                        This appearance would come as a shock to most Bible-believers. Why would a Christian artist sing at a Liberal Democrat function? Why would a Christian be associated with a party that vows to "make America a better place to live for those who have been persecuted like the gay/lesbians and to make it easier for a woman to get an abortion". Could this be a case of public payback support for future considerations once Gore is elected? The answer goes all the way to the top of the "Christian" music industry.

                        In the early 1980's, Christian music was a small, unprofitable business that catered to only a very few of the millions of music listeners. Most of the new recordings were largely ignored by the mass media and music buyers.

                        Late in the decade, that began to change. With new artists coming out with a sound that compared to the secular side and Christian music pillars Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith trying to forge secular careers, the music genre began to flourish.

                        By the early 1990's, Christian CD sales were becoming comparable to those of secular music. This is where the "roots of evil" began to grow.

                        Not wanting to be left out of any profitable ventures, the major record companies began to buy out every Christian-owned label. Time-Warner bought out Sparrow while Virgin Records purchased Forefront Records. Soon, there was not a Christian record label that was still owned by Christians.

                        The way business was done began to change. Christian singing artist Steve Camp, in a speech given in 1997 said that he had "been effectively black-balled from having any music published." "When they took over, all projects were cancelled until they reviewed them and made the changes that they wanted. The new owners wanted total control of the image, lyrics, sound, and everything else that had to do with the music. They wanted restrictions on how many times the name of 'Jesus' was to be used in a song if at all. The artist lost all control over the music. They wanted us to conform to be like the secular musicians in appearance and style because that sells more records."

                        Camp, and others like David Meece, fought against the changes and their projects were never completed. "Mine was almost finished," sighed Meece. "I only had one or two more songs to add and it was ready."

                        David continued to tell how the changes had not only affected that project but his past work as well. "I wouldn't produce the music they wanted and I wouldn't change what God had laid on my heart to sing about. I decided to wait out my contract and schedule free-will offering concerts wherever I could. After doing these concerts for awhile, I began to run low on my stock of CDs so I went back to the label to buy more. I was told that I would not be able to buy any more and no more would be made. I was shocked. I fought with them for over a year and finally they told me to come in and pick up what inventory was left."

                        "Once I got there, they led me to a barrel in a warehouse. It was just about full of ashes. I asked what these were. The label representative said that this was my old recordings as well as my masters.

                        They decided to burn the whole lot," as Meece looks to the floor in sadness. "Once the stores sell out, that's all that there will be of my music. When it's gone, it's gone."

                        There is an ugly trend in today's Christian music that has been slow but deliberate. There are now as many types of Christian music as there is secular. Sadly, you most often can't tell the difference between the secular and the "Christian". Beautiful praises to God and songs about the power of Jesus have been replaced with driving beats and screaming Godless (as in NO reference to God or Jesus) lyrics. Peter Furler, leader of the Newsboys, a popular band with the Christian youth, has been quoted as saying, "we don't need to sing about Jesus all of the time. We are a music group and there are other messages we want to sing about."

                        The Christian music labels are based in Nashville, Tennessee. Al Gore was a Senator from that same state and still has a residence there.

                        Seem too much like a conspiracy theory to be real? Maybe, but more is done to control the population from the highest levels than is led to be believed. Why not control what the Christians listen to and slowly wean them from the truth found in the scriptures?

                        Contact your local Christian radio station(s) and ask them to not play any more of Phil Driscoll's music to let it be known that he was not speaking for those who truly call upon the name of Jesus and believe that homosexuality and abortion are against God's commandments.

                        Mark 16:17 And these attesting signs will accompany those who believe: in My Name they will drive out demons.

                        1 Kings 21:14 Then they sent to Jezebel, saying, Naboth is stoned . . .

                        A SPIRITUAL WARFARE PRAYER:
                        Father, In Jesus' Name, I take the Blood of Jesus and break the power of all witches, warlocks, wizards, satanists, sorcerers, wiccans, pagans, and any other source, and all of their rituals off of us. With the Blood of Jesus, I erase all evil lines drawn on our liver. . .

                        LANDOVER BAPTIST DEMON HUNTING PERMIT #00666-27

                        sigpic



                        Comment

                        • Brother Temperance
                          Senior Usher
                          True Christian™ missionary to the Unsaved Kingdom
                          A very nice young man
                          True Christian™
                          • Sep 2006
                          • 15621

                          #27
                          Re: How can music be evil?

                          Originally posted by TheBiafra View Post
                          Could you please find a part from that Bible that agrees on your post? Oh, right, there's nothing about the musical genre.
                          No, but there's plenty about Satan and evil. Rock music is evil music that glorifies Satan; case closed.
                          Originally posted by TheBiafra View Post
                          Oh, maybe I didnt make myself clear enough. I enjoy all kinds of music, from HIGHER FORM like Frank Zappa (He's not satanic, isnt he?)
                          Friend, just because Frank Zappa took lots of drugs, doesn't actually make his music a "higher form".
                          to punk rock (is that satanic?).
                          They say the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. The second-greatest trick he ever pulled was convincing retarded glue-sniffing kids that punk rock somehow counted as "music".

                          Originally posted by TheBiafra View Post
                          That thread is broken. It's full of childish nonsense, stupidity and arguments without any proof. I made this one so it wouldnt turn like that one. It's on the way tho, thanks to you guys.
                          Do you know what would be a good way of having a discussion without "us guys" contributing to it? Not starting it on our forums, you insolent little punk! Also, have you seen this? I suspect you will find it very accurate and informative.
                          Originally posted by TheBiafra View Post
                          Wrong. Rock, especially punk is about doing what you want, and not caring what other people think about you. In religions, other people, and a stack of paper tells you what to do, how to think and what not to do.
                          Yes. Now you see why it's in direct defiance of God's Law. Rebellion is as bad as witchcraft, you know.

                          And what's higher form of music? Those psalms with minimum amount of notes, chords and self-repeating lyrics? Not for me.
                          Oh, so you prefer the advanced musical complexity of punk rock?
                          Originally posted by TheBiafra View Post
                          Why dont I like christian music? It's way too "simple" for me. And the lyrics are repeating themselves. "Jesus is great, God is great, Jesus is great, God is great". That's like brainwashing, but with few simple notes and chords.
                          Oh, so in addition to the complex musical structures, you like punk because of the advanced, intellectual lyrics, do you? Let's take a look at some of these works of artistic genius:
                          Dead Kennedys - Short Songs:
                          I like short songs
                          I like short songs
                          I like short songs
                          I like short songs
                          I like short songs
                          I like short songs
                          I like short songs
                          I like short songs
                          I like short songs
                          I like short songs
                          I like short songs
                          I like short songs
                          I like short songs

                          Ramones - Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue
                          :

                          Now I wanna sniff some glue
                          Now I wanna have somethin' to do
                          All the kids wanna sniff some glue
                          All the kids want somethin' to do.

                          Dwarves - Obscenity deleted You Up and Get High
                          :

                          Yeah!

                          I Ain't got a nickel, ain't got a dime
                          Ain't gon' sit in no obscenity deleted line
                          Gonna get me obscenity deleted high
                          Gonna take my obscenity deleted-up ride

                          Hey!
                          I'm gonna obscenity deleted you up
                          I wanna obscenity deleted you up
                          And get high,

                          I ain't got a nickel, ain't got a dime
                          Ain't gon' sit in no obscenity deleted line
                          Gonna get me obscenity deleted high
                          Gonna take my obscenity deleted-up ride

                          Aye!
                          I wanna obscenity deleted you up
                          Yeah, obscenity deleted you up
                          I wanna get high

                          Black Flag/Circle Jerks - Wasted:
                          I was so wasted
                          i was so wasted
                          I was wasted
                          I was a hippie
                          I was a burnout
                          I was a dropout
                          you know I was out of my head
                          I was a surfer
                          I had a skateboard
                          I was so heavy man
                          I lived on the strand

                          I was so wasted, I was wasted

                          I was so obscenity deleted up
                          I was so screwed up
                          I was so jacked up
                          I couldn't get any higher than that
                          I was so pilled up
                          I was so nebbed out
                          I was so jacked up
                          I was out of my head

                          I was so wasted
                          I was so wasted


                          ...do you want me to continue?
                          So every song I listen has to have "christian values" in it? Naah, I like being a bit more open minded than that.
                          A mind that is open is a mind that SATAN can get into.
                          And what's wrong with comparing different ideologies and forming the best one for you?
                          Because that's exactly how Soviet Russia got started.
                          O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it--for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet! We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.



                          God being truth, justice, goodness, beauty, power, and life, man is falsehood, iniquity, evil, ugliness, impotence, and death. God being master, man is the slave. Incapable of finding justice, truth, and eternal life by his own effort, he can attain them only through a divine revelation... he who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter, but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.

                          Comment

                          • WilliamJenningsBryan
                            True Christian™
                             
                            • Jan 2007
                            • 9384

                            #28
                            Re: How can music be evil?

                            Originally posted by TheBiafra View Post
                            That thread is broken. It's full of childish nonsense, stupidity and arguments without any proof. I made this one so it wouldnt turn like that one. It's on the way tho, thanks to you guys.
                            Well if you don't like that one, there is another well researched and documented thread on the Landover Baptist Forums for you to read:

                            "What exactly is wrong with Rock Music?"




                            The real point here is that there is a "SEARCH" function, and you should avail yourself of it before you continue to look stupid around here.
                            Hell's foundations quiver at the shout of praise;
                            brothers, lift your voices, loud your anthems raise.
                            ...and get off my lawn
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • TheBiafra
                              Unsaved trash
                              Under Investigation
                              • May 2008
                              • 11

                              #29
                              Re: How can music be evil?

                              Originally posted by Brother Temperance View Post
                              No, but there's plenty about Satan and evil. Rock music is evil music that glorifies Satan; case closed.
                              The case is not closed. A majority of rock songs are in fact NOT glorifying satan. I'm not saying there arent songs like that, but the whole genre is not about satan.

                              Friend, just because Frank Zappa took lots of drugs, doesn't actually make his music a "higher form".
                              Zappa never did drugs, get your facts straight. He didnt even drink alcohol. And I dont think coffee and cigarettes made any difference in his music.

                              They say the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. The second-greatest trick he ever pulled was convincing retarded glue-sniffing kids that punk rock somehow counted as "music".
                              How it's not counted as music? And I can enjoy the music without any glue, isnt that amazing?

                              Yes. Now you see why it's in direct defiance of God's Law. Rebellion is as bad as witchcraft, you know.
                              The first christians were rebels at their time. Are they in hell now?

                              Oh, so you prefer the advanced musical complexity of punk rock?
                              Okay, you got me on this one. Yes, punk is simple, but those christian songs dont have the same feeling and effort put on them.

                              Oh, so in addition to the complex musical structures, you like punk because of the advanced, intellectual lyrics, do you? Let's take a look at some of these works of artistic genius:
                              List of awesome songs
                              Originally punk was created because some people were tired of what was going on around the world. So the lyrics were created to change the world. Just because you find some simple lyrics, it doesnt mean the whole genre has simple lyrics. That's just childish. But hey, you guys believe that the earth was created by a guy who is his own son and a spirit at the same time, so I kinda expect you to be childish. And why the hell you take punk so seriously? Life isnt that serious, pal.

                              Lets have a look on other punk songs

                              NOFX - We Threw Gasoline On The Fire

                              Brilliant? A word describing something dumb
                              You create to desecrate the villain I've become
                              A prophet, not to be made but heard
                              Speaks in tongues and sarcasm
                              To me it's plain, to you absurd
                              You don't know me let alone my intent
                              Actions do not always self represent
                              I don't feel urgency in explaining
                              My conscience opaquely clear

                              Dead Kennedys - Holiday In Cambodia

                              So you been to school
                              For a year or two
                              And you know youve seen it all
                              In daddys car
                              Thinkin youll go far
                              Back east your type dont crawl

                              Play ethnicky jazz
                              To parade your snazz
                              On your five grand stereo
                              Braggin that you know
                              How the niggers feel cold
                              And the slums got so much soul

                              Its time to taste what you most fear
                              Right guard will not help you here
                              Brace yourself, my dear

                              Its a holiday in cambodia
                              Its tough, kid, but its life
                              Its a holiday in cambodia
                              Dont forget to pack a wife

                              The Clash - White Riot

                              White riot - I wanna riot
                              White riot - a riot of my own
                              White riot - I wanna riot
                              White riot - a riot of my own

                              Black man gotta lot a problems
                              But they don't mind throwing a brick
                              White people go to school
                              Where they teach you how to be thick

                              An' everybody's doing
                              Just what they're told to
                              An' nobody wants
                              To go to jail!

                              Do I need more? Yes, punk songs can have simple lyrics. But there's really deep lyrics in many song. Wasnt there in your "holy book" something about judging. Judge and be judged and so on.

                              A mind that is open is a mind that SATAN can get into.
                              Because that's exactly how Soviet Russia got started.
                              Mind is like a parachute, if it's not open, it wont help you. If the romans were as narrow minded as you are now, christianity would be as big as it is now.

                              Comment

                              • Dodger556
                                Confirmed Enemy of God
                                BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
                                • May 2008
                                • 54

                                #30
                                Re: How can music be evil?

                                Originally posted by TheBiafra View Post

                                < Wall of text >



                                Mind is like a parachute, if it's not open, it wont help you. If the romans were as narrow minded as you are now, christianity would be as big as it is now.

                                Hey now, don't drag the Romans into this.

                                Comment

                                Working...