X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jim Farmer
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by imbecilegirl20 View Post
    at least you thought about praying for me.
    I pray for you every day, Hun
    In fact, if I weren't married, I might even ..
    Are you married yet, dear?

    Leave a comment:


  • Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by imbecilegirl20 View Post
    at least you thought about praying for me.
    Do you think the others are not? They are definitley praying for your soul, because as Christians, we pray and try to bring others to Jesus. That is our mission -- to praise and obey the Lord and bring others to Him to do the same!

    Leave a comment:


  • imbecilegirl20
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by lstark16 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, Mrs. Basilissa! This woman needs a good beating, by her husband, father, or just about any good Christian! I lack the strength of a man, being the weaker vessel (1 Peter 3:7 "Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.") I'll keep her in my prayers, because no matter how hopeless the case may appear all things are possible through Christ. (Matthew 19:16 "But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.")

    YiC,
    Elizabeth
    at least you thought about praying for me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by imbecilegirl20 View Post
    who says I haven't read them. I just haven't read every page. I like to collect bibles and read them when I can.
    Oh my! You my dear unsaved girl need to read every single page!!! From the very beginning all the way to the end. And read the KJV 1611 version of the Bible, not that NIV/NAB trash! And you say you don't have enough time -- the Lord gave you everything you have, including time! Thus as you are to tithe with your money, I also tithe with my time. If you spend 2.4 hours a day reading your Bible, you would finish it quickly. Also, may I add, I am not busy -- I am preparing linens for my new house (I am about to get married ), canning foods in preparation for the winter, sewing my sisters' dresses, finishing my wedding dress, writing for the ladies' magazine, cleaning the house, cooking and baking, cleaning the house, teaching children, serving my fiance, ect. However, what I do is nothing compared to the True Christian men and mothers, who have far more than I do on their plates, and they still have a plentiful amount of time to pray, not because they are lazy bums, but because they have their priorities straight and put the Lord at the forefront of all they do. Thus, they sacrifice to spend time praying, on this site learning and teaching, reading their Bible.

    Leave a comment:


  • imbecilegirl20
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by Jim Farmer View Post
    On second thoughts, there are 1189 chapters in the Bible. If you were to read the Bible online, there is one chapter per online page. So it would be quicker to read it that way than reading it from your paper copy. And it would mean that your Bible(s) wouldn't suffer the wear and tear.
    yeah it would be quicker to read it that way. i have an ipad and i have the bible downloaded on it and it is super easy to use. i do use my real bible when i have it with me but if i don't and i just have my ipad then i'll read from it.

    Leave a comment:


  • imbecilegirl20
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
    You've received 20 Bibles and you've never thought of opening and reading them?

    Unbelievable.
    who says I haven't read them. I just haven't read every page. I like to collect bibles and read them when I can.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jim Farmer
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    On second thoughts, there are 1189 chapters in the Bible. If you were to read the Bible online, there is one chapter per online page. So it would be quicker to read it that way than reading it from your paper copy. And it would mean that your Bible(s) wouldn't suffer the wear and tear.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
    You've received 20 Bibles and you've never thought of opening and reading them?

    Unbelievable.
    I was wondering the same thing, Mrs. Basilissa! This woman needs a good beating, by her husband, father, or just about any good Christian! I lack the strength of a man, being the weaker vessel (1 Peter 3:7 "Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.") I'll keep her in my prayers, because no matter how hopeless the case may appear all things are possible through Christ. (Matthew 19:16 "But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.")

    YiC,
    Elizabeth

    Leave a comment:


  • Basilissa
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by imbecilegirl20 View Post
    my bible does have 1400 pages but it does stop at page 1356 in revelations. and I don't read from a childrens bible. I keep all my bibles in my bible collection lol. I get a new bible for my birthday. so I have like 20 bibles.
    You've received 20 Bibles and you've never thought of opening and reading them?

    Unbelievable.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jim Farmer
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    If you have 20 Bibles, surely one of them only has 1200 pages. Choose that one to read - it will be quicker.

    I can't believe though how lucky you are to celebrate your birthday each year with a new Bible. If only every child was so lucky! Do you wear them out after a year of use? Mine only last a few months, until the pages become dog-eared and they start looking tatty.

    Leave a comment:


  • imbecilegirl20
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by Zechariah Smyth View Post


    The font in children's Bibles is larger, so that would explain the difference in page count..the number of words will be the same.

    Get to it. Post back here when you get to a good stopping point, like Revelation 22:21.

    my bible does have 1400 pages but it does stop at page 1356 in revelations. and I don't read from a childrens bible. I keep all my bibles in my bible collection lol. I get a new bible for my birthday. so I have like 20 bibles.

    Leave a comment:


  • Zechariah Smyth
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by imbecilegirl20 View Post
    my bible has 1400 pages so it might take a little longer to read depending on how much I read of it a day.


    The font in children's Bibles is larger, so that would explain the difference in page count..the number of words will be the same.

    Get to it. Post back here when you get to a good stopping point, like Revelation 22:21.

    Leave a comment:


  • imbecilegirl20
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
    It's just 1200 pages in my red-letter edition of the KJV Bible. The "Lord of The Rings" is longer, and it doesn't take too long to read (so I'm told).
    my bible has 1400 pages so it might take a little longer to read depending on how much I read of it a day.

    Leave a comment:


  • Basilissa
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by imbecilegirl20 View Post
    thanks, i already started reading from Genesis this morning. it will take a long time to read the whole bible.
    It's just 1200 pages in my red-letter edition of the KJV Bible. The "Lord of The Rings" is longer, and it doesn't take too long to read (so I'm told).

    Leave a comment:


  • imbecilegirl20
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by Didymus Much View Post
    So hop to it before Jesus drops a bus on your head, or bursts your appendix, or gives you Ebola, or does any of the other wonderful things He does to show His love for us.

    More reading, less mindless jabbering.

    There are 66 books in the Bible. Read two a day (should take a little more than an hour on average, some are pretty short), and you'll be done in little more than a month. Then you can discuss the Bible from a position of knowledge instead of your present state of ignorance.

    Be sure to cross-reference any confusing passages with Brother V's handy Bible in a Year study guide, to ensure you really understand what God is trying to tell you.

    If being put on moderation (where your posting privileges are severely curtailed) will help your motivation, I'm sure it can be arranged.
    wow. having a bus dropped on my head wouldn't be fun. now I'm kina creeped out

    Leave a comment:

Working...