X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • imbecilegirl20
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
    There is an entire forum dedicated to helping unsaved trash like you know and love the Word of God as deeply and profoundly as we do:

    Bible in a Year KJV with Brother V
    ok thanks i'll check this out.

    Leave a comment:


  • Didymus Much
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by imbecilegirl20 View Post
    no, but the bible will take more than 10 minutes to read lol.
    So hop to it before Jesus drops a bus on your head, or bursts your appendix, or gives you Ebola, or does any of the other wonderful things He does to show His love for us.

    More reading, less mindless jabbering.

    There are 66 books in the Bible. Read two a day (should take a little more than an hour on average, some are pretty short), and you'll be done in little more than a month. Then you can discuss the Bible from a position of knowledge instead of your present state of ignorance.

    Be sure to cross-reference any confusing passages with Brother V's handy Bible in a Year study guide, to ensure you really understand what God is trying to tell you.

    If being put on moderation (where your posting privileges are severely curtailed) will help your motivation, I'm sure it can be arranged.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mary Etheldreda
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by imbecilegirl20 View Post
    I'm sorry if I put whatever. I shouldn't of done that. If u think I don't know Christ, then help me know Christ better. You're right, I need help getting to know Christ more. I do know him but need help to understand more. I want to get to know him more but just don't understand the word sometimes and I want to understand more. I don't understand the bible. I don't know what's all written in the bible but I can learn and I'm learning. I want to learn.
    There is an entire forum dedicated to helping unsaved trash like you know and love the Word of God as deeply and profoundly as we do:

    Bible in a Year KJV with Brother V

    Leave a comment:


  • imbecilegirl20
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey View Post
    Why so negative? Do you have some sort of so-called "learning disability" that makes you a particularly slow reader?

    Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
    no, but the bible will take more than 10 minutes to read lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • imbecilegirl20
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
    Dear, we know because the fruit tells us the nature of the tree (Matthew 7:16). You "whatevered" my last post that actually answers your question. You're not a Christian because you clearly don't know Christ, you don't know what is written in the Holy Bible, you don't know how to respond to Christ's temporary sacrifice. Did you really think your little dog and pony show would fool Spirit-Filled True Christians™?

    Stop pretending, and start paying attention to the faith you profess to follow.
    I'm sorry if I put whatever. I shouldn't of done that. If u think I don't know Christ, then help me know Christ better. You're right, I need help getting to know Christ more. I do know him but need help to understand more. I want to get to know him more but just don't understand the word sometimes and I want to understand more. I don't understand the bible. I don't know what's all written in the bible but I can learn and I'm learning. I want to learn.

    Leave a comment:


  • Joanna Lytton-Vasey
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by imbecilegirl20 View Post
    thanks, i already started reading from Genesis this morning. it will take a long time to read the whole bible.
    Why so negative? Do you have some sort of so-called "learning disability" that makes you a particularly slow reader?

    Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mary Etheldreda
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by imbecilegirl20 View Post
    I have a question, why does everyone think that i'm not a christian??I have done nothing to you. you don't know me. I know i'm not the best at being a Christian but i'm trying and if any of you have any advice or have any bible verses you want to give me to go over to help me then that would be good. I mean, i'm learning. i'm not a bad person, I try my best. I don't go around and say you're not a Christian. I probably have in my posts but people says that i'm not.
    Dear, we know because the fruit tells us the nature of the tree (Matthew 7:16). You "whatevered" my last post that actually answers your question. You're not a Christian because you clearly don't know Christ, you don't know what is written in the Holy Bible, you don't know how to respond to Christ's temporary sacrifice. Did you really think your little dog and pony show would fool Spirit-Filled True Christians™?

    Stop pretending, and start paying attention to the faith you profess to follow.

    Leave a comment:


  • imbecilegirl20
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by BrotherLarry View Post
    Dear Imbecile:

    The Bible tells us that the Bible is the best way to learn about being a Christian, since Christ is a fairly important character in its pages. So, I would recommend starting at Genesis - a fine way to start studying the Word of God if I ever heard of one - and then progressing through the book page after page until you reach the very last verse of the book of Revelation.

    Your next step: follow everything you just read completely to the letter. Think of Bible study as an excursion to the most important destination in your life: eternity.

    With loving prayers,
    BrotherLarry
    thanks, i already started reading from Genesis this morning. it will take a long time to read the whole bible.

    Leave a comment:


  • BrotherLarry
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by imbecilegirl20 View Post
    thanks, and if anyone has anymore than that would be helpful
    Dear Imbecile:

    The Bible tells us that the Bible is the best way to learn about being a Christian, since Christ is a fairly important character in its pages. So, I would recommend starting at Genesis - a fine way to start studying the Word of God if I ever heard of one - and then progressing through the book page after page until you reach the very last verse of the book of Revelation.

    Your next step: follow everything you just read completely to the letter. Think of Bible study as an excursion to the most important destination in your life: eternity.

    With loving prayers,
    BrotherLarry

    Leave a comment:


  • imbecilegirl20
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by Didymus Much View Post
    James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

    Close may count in horseshoes, but not Christianity.
    thanks, and if anyone has anymore than that would be helpful

    Leave a comment:


  • Didymus Much
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by imbecilegirl20 View Post
    ...if any of you have any advice or have any bible verses...
    James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

    Close may count in horseshoes, but not Christianity.

    Leave a comment:


  • imbecilegirl20
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by Des View Post
    This mulleted rug muncher is no Christian.
    I have a question, why does everyone think that i'm not a christian??I have done nothing to you. you don't know me. I know i'm not the best at being a Christian but i'm trying and if any of you have any advice or have any bible verses you want to give me to go over to help me then that would be good. I mean, i'm learning. i'm not a bad person, I try my best. I don't go around and say you're not a Christian. I probably have in my posts but people says that i'm not.

    Leave a comment:


  • Des
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by imbecilegirl20 View Post
    whatever
    This mulleted rug muncher is no Christian.

    Leave a comment:


  • imbecilegirl20
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
    That's the worst excuse for an unanswered prayer I've ever heard. You make God sound absolutely impotent. Why, the way you talk, God "not wanting your anxiety to go away" is no different than God "not able to make your anxiety go away." You've just decided it doesn't really matter to you, and why should it since His answer is clearly "No."

    Why do you think the Psalmist says to be attentive to the Words of the Lord, to incline your ear? Why do you think he tells us not to let them escape from your sight? It is because they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh (Proverbs 4:20-22). You clearly have not been attentive to God's Word, as your flesh is not healthy.

    Moses tells us God is He Who heals us (Exodus 15:26), that He will take sickness away (Exodus 23:25), that He will turn away from you every illness (Deuteronomy 7:14-15), but this is not the case for you. The prophet Isaiah says Christ has born our infermities and carried our diseases, that by His bruises, we are healed (Isaiah 53:4-5).

    If you say you have been attentive to His Word, if you say you are faithful and trust His promises, then you make the claim that He cannot heal you of your infliction. You call God a liar, or you call Him impotent. You are an offense and an evil thing.



    But of course that comes with simple practice, and maturity. So again, God has not been a part of your experiences, even if you imagine He has. You blaspheme against Him when you say He is a part of your life. You drag His Holy Name through the mud of your sin, the unrighteousness that is more disgusting to Him than filthy old menstrual rags (Isaiah 64:6 &nbsp.
    whatever

    Leave a comment:


  • Mary Etheldreda
    replied
    Re: hi everyone

    Originally posted by imbecilegirl20 View Post
    and my anxiety attacks are still bad but i'm sure they will go away when God wants them to go away. it's up to him. if he wants me to have it, then I will be ok with it as long as he helps me through it.
    That's the worst excuse for an unanswered prayer I've ever heard. You make God sound absolutely impotent. Why, the way you talk, God "not wanting your anxiety to go away" is no different than God "not able to make your anxiety go away." You've just decided it doesn't really matter to you, and why should it since His answer is clearly "No."

    Why do you think the Psalmist says to be attentive to the Words of the Lord, to incline your ear? Why do you think he tells us not to let them escape from your sight? It is because they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh (Proverbs 4:20-22). You clearly have not been attentive to God's Word, as your flesh is not healthy.

    Moses tells us God is He Who heals us (Exodus 15:26), that He will take sickness away (Exodus 23:25), that He will turn away from you every illness (Deuteronomy 7:14-15), but this is not the case for you. The prophet Isaiah says Christ has born our infermities and carried our diseases, that by His bruises, we are healed (Isaiah 53:4-5).

    If you say you have been attentive to His Word, if you say you are faithful and trust His promises, then you make the claim that He cannot heal you of your infliction. You call God a liar, or you call Him impotent. You are an offense and an evil thing.

    Originally posted by imbecilegirl20 View Post
    I have noticed that my social skills have improved (: I also have social anxiety disorder and I freeze up whenever talking to people lol. well not really freeze but I just don't know what to say and I have been praying and now I can talk to people more without being so uncomfortable (: it's super awesome.
    But of course that comes with simple practice, and maturity. So again, God has not been a part of your experiences, even if you imagine He has. You blaspheme against Him when you say He is a part of your life. You drag His Holy Name through the mud of your sin, the unrighteousness that is more disgusting to Him than filthy old menstrual rags (Isaiah 64:6 ).

    Leave a comment:

Working...