• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeb Stuart Thurmond
    replied
    Re: Dear True Christians: Your diversity statements are problematic

Originally posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey View Post
    Isn't it wonderful what can do?
    I always thought the theory of continental drift seemed silly, but after watching the movie, I think I get it. It certainly explains how most of America's oil ended up under Muslim countries.

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Lytton-Vasey
    replied

Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
    Poland has not always existed, popping into being during the seventh second.
    Isn't it wonderful what can do?

Leave a comment:

• MitzaLizalor
    replied

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
    Should I be triggered by the fact Poland is not on that drawing
    I thought I saw it on the border between South Asia and Latin America [i.e.] Pitcairn
    In between Cyprus and Zambia
    Aha! They have an animated version.
    Poland has not always existed, popping into being during the seventh second.
    On the border between Africa (islamic) and Latin America.

excerpts 1 & 2 POLAND ARROWED IN 2 (first appears: 1988)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	POLAND 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	1924102Click image for larger version

Name:	POLAND 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	1924103
    the animated map: see nations migrate

I trust this clarifies the situation regarding Poland's migration from approx. Tristan da Cunha via Inaccessible Island and St Helena to it's present location near Pitcairn v.s.

Leave a comment:

• Trent Harvey, Jr.
    replied

Originally posted by Social Construct View Post
    Went to that Wop place. Ate spageddee. Didn't puke. Where's my parade?
    Update: I went back, and this time I puked.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Anthony J. Toole
    replied

Of the three authors of that paper, if I were looking for diversity I'd be inclined to hire the third woman. You don't get much more diverse than a disgraced female Nobel prizewinner who's either too idle to read the papers she puts her name to or too incompetent to understand them.
    Yes. It's possible she didn't even know about it - plausible deniability and all - there's probably an additional layer of diverse managers that oversee the diverse labor force, freeing up the Nobel Prize winner to remain a bit busy. However, owning up to something instead of throwing people under the bus is a worrying trait. Next.

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Lytton-Vasey
    replied

Originally posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole View Post
    First off, this individual needs to stop oppressing the minorities in his workplace - I know it's in his nature, but stop it. Second, I think I've found his replacement. Two in fact, available very cheaply. Just don't read their CVs or look at their work very closely (shouldn't be a problem for his diverse bosses).
    Of the three authors of that paper, if I were looking for diversity I'd be inclined to hire the third woman. You don't get much more diverse than a disgraced female Nobel prizewinner who's either too idle to read the papers she puts her name to or too incompetent to understand them.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Anthony J. Toole
    replied

Originally posted by Social Construct View Post
    [M]y department is made up of 27 Chinese guys, 2 Chinese women, an Eh'rab and me (186 freckles last count). All the heads are Chinese. Most of the senior staff are Chinese. All the heads of neighboring departments are Chinese. To do my part for diversity I'll try to find a Chinese person to replace me.
    First off, this individual needs to stop oppressing the minorities in his workplace - I know it's in his nature, but stop it. Second, I think I've found his replacement. Two in fact, available very cheaply. Just don't read their CVs or look at their work very closely (shouldn't be a problem for his diverse bosses).

Nobel Prize-winning scientist Frances Arnold retracts paper

American scientist Frances Arnold, who won the Nobel Prize for chemistry, has retracted her latest paper.
    It has been retracted because the results were not reproducible, and the authors found data missing from a lab notebook.
    Science published a note outlining why it would be retracting the paper, which Ms Arnold co-authored with Inha Cho and Zhi-Jun Jia.
    "It is painful to admit, but important to do so. I apologize to all. I was a bit busy when this was submitted, and did not do my job well."
    Being "a bit busy" is of course academic slang for drinking latte in the Faculty Club while 27 imported sweat laborers churn out fine science in the basement. Who cares about quality, feel the quantity! Mmmm. Truly shocking that the work was irreproducible [incidentally this word should be on the American language test]. But don't fret - it was just a freak one-off random occurrence that could only happen once, and if it happened more than once each case is unique and different and can't be compared.

Leave a comment:

• Johny Joe Hold
    replied

On this topic of diversity, I admit most of our residents in Freehold are blond and fair skinned like people in Northern Europe. We are to a person Baptists.

But, if there were no diversity whatsoever everyone would look exactly the same. This is not the case in Freehold. I know almost everyone who lives in the city and can distinguish each one. That is our testament to diversity.

Leave a comment:

• Jeb Stuart Thurmond
    replied

Originally posted by Jeb Stuart Thurmond View Post
    I
    As for this example of gerrymandering:

If anyone thinks "gerrymandering" is an unfair term, compare it to US congregational districts in states with Republican governors. Can YOU tell the difference?

Leave a comment:

• Alvin Moss
    replied

I've always believed it was over near to Russia and China.

Leave a comment:

• MitzaLizalor
    replied

In between Cyprus and Zambia on the map, I think? That makes sense.
    No. I've flown over Zambia a bit- it never comes up. The map's a bit obscure but it could be between Cyprus and Chile?

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Lytton-Vasey
    replied

I thought I saw it on the border between South Asia and Latin America? That would place it about the middle of the Pitcairn Islands, in the green section.
    In between Cyprus and Zambia on the map, I think? That makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• MitzaLizalor
    replied

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
    Should I be triggered by the fact Poland is not on that drawing?
    I thought I saw it on the border between South Asia and Latin America? That would place it about the middle of the Pitcairn Islands, in the green section.

Leave a comment:

• Johny Joe Hold
    replied

We in Freehold have studied the diversity issue to see if there may be a way to satisfy this national obsession with it while preserving our mandate to follow the Bible. We have decided our diversity will be in the heights of people. There are people of many heights in Freehold and all of them, except midgets, have equal opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• Social Construct
    replied

Enjoy Southern Rhodesia, or "Zimbabwe"
    I'm not supposed to go there, that's colonization. They are supposed to come here, that's diversity.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X