X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Girlfriend is a Jehovah's Witness

Me and my girlfriend have been going out for about two months now. We both attend a Christian school, so I thought we were both Christian. Well, I came over to her house the other night to have dinner and meet her parents, and it was there I learned that she is, in fact, a Jehovah's Witness.
    I'm not sure what to do, now. I really like her, but do I continue the relationship knowing it can go nowhere, try to convert her, or do I just put an end to it and find somebody else?
    I really need help, as I'm really not sure what the correct thing to do is.

Re: My Girlfriend is a Jehovah's Witness

Originally posted by Sinking View Post
    Me and my girlfriend have been going out for about two months now. We both attend a Christian school, so I thought we were both Christian. Well, I came over to her house the other night to have dinner and meet her parents, and it was there I learned that she is, in fact, a Jehovah's Witness.
    I'm not sure what to do, now. I really like her, but do I continue the relationship knowing it can go nowhere, try to convert her, or do I just put an end to it and find somebody else?
    Drop her like a hot potato, son. JW's are'nt even Christians. You're lucky you got out of there without being raped.

Please make a thread of your own in the "introductions" section and tell us about yourself, your church, etc.
    Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

I understand your dilemma. However I find some inconsistencies in your post. First, no Jehovah's Witness family would send their daughter to a True Christian School. Second, no True Christian School would admit a Jehovah's Witness as a student. So, my initial reaction is that you are a liar.

So, for now, let me assume you are not a liar.

Pastor Zeke's advice to drop her is well founded. In my case I did marry a Jehovah's Witness but only after she renounced the cult and became a True Christian, willing to submit herself to me, the head of the household. It is a difficult path to follow for both you and your girlfriend. I don't recommend it unless YOU are a True Christian and have the evangelical ability to turn her away from her Hellbound path.

So, tell me, are you a liar?

Tell me, if you tell the truth, are you up to the challenge?

Yours in Christ
      Brother lazarus
      In the Beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth. Genesis 1.1. This scripture is the first verse of the Bible for a reason. It lays the foundation for the absolute truth found in God's Holy WORD, the Bible.

Comment

I think that if you continue to go out with the girl, you could be a witness of the Gospel in her life. Maybe she needs that but be careful not to fall into the snares of the Witnesses.

Comment

Boy, if you had half a dadgummed brain you would dump that harlot immediately. The creation scientists over at Landover University (bless their Righteous research) have produced this shockingly clear chart:

The choice is yours, of course.
          Matthew 7:15
          Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Comment

First and foremost, JW's do not attend Christian school, secondly, they do not date outside their religion, so the parents would not invite you over for dinner, especially if you are indeed dating her and she is a JW. SO, this is a complete lie...

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
              Drop her like a hot potato, son. JW's are'nt even Christians. You're lucky you got out of there without being raped.
              Why would you even judge the JW's like that over one incident? Do you not abide by the follwing:

Matthew 7
              1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
              2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
              that is what Jesus commanded...

Comment

Originally posted by BiblesWord View Post
                Why would you even judge the JW's like that over one incident? Do you not abide by the follwing:

Of course we abide by the Bible. The Bible also says this:

2nd Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
                2nd Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine .
                2nd Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
                2nd Timothy 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
                2nd Timothy 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

The Jehovah's Witnesses engage in false doctrine. The have re-written the Bible to serve themselves. They also reject the Trinity and tell people that Jesus was not God! They are blasphemers, and by virtue of the noted verses they are to be rejected because God Himself rejects them.

Yours in Christ
                Brother Lazarus
                In the Beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth. Genesis 1.1. This scripture is the first verse of the Bible for a reason. It lays the foundation for the absolute truth found in God's Holy WORD, the Bible.

Comment

BL, I have one of their Bibles too, but I did not find it very different to all of the other Bible I have read, the only real big difference I saw, was that they used the name of Jehovah in many places instead of The Almighty, or other God references. But in all the times I read the Bible, I never saw any mention of the Holy Trinity, I saw that Jesus is the son of God and that God's Holy Spirit is the power of God and that God himself created Jesus, his beloved son. I have still yet to read a verse that shows me that the Holy Trinity is even mentioned by God or his son Jesus in any Bible. And to come back to my point of judgement, it is written the the only true Judge is God himself:

RomAns 14:[10] But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Note: In most other versions it says, "the judgement seat of God".

And even Jesus himself has said:

Luke 6:[35] But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
                  [36] Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.
                  [37] Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
                  [38] Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

This is how I am, I try not pass judgment on others, so I do not get judged myself in the ways that I might have judged others...

Comment

That's true, Jesus commanded us to recognize that if we judge others, we will be held to the same standard. That's what the verse says.

It's about avoiding hypocrisy. True Christians(tm) are not hypocrites.
                    Bible boring? Nonsense!
                    Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
                    You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

Comment

Originally posted by Rev. M. Rodimer View Post
                      That's true, Jesus commanded us to recognize that if we judge others, we will be held to the same standard. That's what the verse says.

It's about avoiding hypocrisy. True Christians™ are not hypocrites.
                      What's with the TM mark after the word Christians and many more words I have seen on this board? Those words are not trademarked or copywrited, they can be used by anyone...

Comment

What, I say, what did she Witness?

Comment

Originally posted by SUV View Post
                          What, I say, what did she Witness?
                          I think you are missing the point...but funny comment...

Comment

What's with the TM mark after the word Christians and many more words I have seen on this board? Those words are not trademarked or copywrited, they can be used by anyone...
                            True Christian(tm) is a trademarked term. "Christian" is not.

Landover Baptist Church wishes to ensure that only those who are certified as True Christians(tm) use the term. It's a mark of quality.

I assume that since you are obsessing over trademark registrations that you recognize the accuracy of my statement regarding the verses you quoted out of context.
                            Bible boring? Nonsense!
                            Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
                            You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

Comment

Originally posted by Rev. M. Rodimer View Post
                              True Christian™ is a trademarked term. "Christian" is not.

Landover Baptist Church wishes to ensure that only those who are certified as True Christians™ use the term. It's a mark of quality.

I assume that since you are obsessing over trademark registrations that you recognize the accuracy of my statement regarding the verses you quoted out of context.
                              LOL, Don't flatter yourself, I do not recognize the accuracy of your statement what so ever, BTW, other religions also use the term True Christians, trust me, I know, I have read so in all sorts of publications...

Comment

Working...
                              X